Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

jojoinnit posted:

Wouldn’t the butter drippings on the toaster floor eventually start a fire or am I misunderstanding the technique?

You're supposed to clean out your toaster now and then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Thanks for the...sports update?

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Captain Hygiene posted:

It's called "self-cleaning"

Captain Monkey posted:

You're supposed to clean out your toaster now and then.

Man the military really does drill that stuff into you guys huh

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/CaelynEllis/status/1329044987280052224?s=19

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I will not call it 'the Muslim vaccine', no

Dolly Parton OK

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Muslims online are calling the Pfizer one "the Muslims vaccine" because it was developed by BioNTech, a company run by a husband-and-wife team of Muslim doctors who immigrated to Germany from Turkey. It's a huge burn on Islamophobes and anti-immigration people, though a lot of them are probably antivaxxers too.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I will be calling it the German vaccine instead, a huge burn on people who hate Germans

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Phlegmish posted:

I will be calling it the German vaccine instead, a huge burn on people who hate Germans

You can safely rule out obsessive History Channel viewers and beer drinkers.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Calling it the Muslim Vaccine feels like it'd be way too easy for people not to understand the context and think that you're being a piece of poo poo.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Burkion posted:

Calling it the Muslim Vaccine feels like it'd be way too easy for people not to understand the context and think that you're being a piece of poo poo.

This, it never even entered my mind that it wasn't a lovely epithet until the post above.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Inceltown posted:

Technically it's buttering the toast once. It gets buttered before going in the toaster and so is bread at that point. Then buttered again once it comes out.

No I didn't do any research into what she actually does, this is just the logical way to do it.

Nope. Nigella toasts the bread, butters it, the butter melts and then she puts more butter on so they'll be little butter blobs on the toast.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Sodium Chloride posted:

Nope. Nigella toasts the bread, butters it, the butter melts and then she puts more butter on so they'll be little butter blobs on the toast.

History's greatest monster.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The MSJ posted:

Muslims online are calling the Pfizer one "the Muslims vaccine" because it was developed by BioNTech, a company run by a husband-and-wife team of Muslim doctors who immigrated to Germany from Turkey. It's a huge burn on Islamophobes and anti-immigration people, though a lot of them are probably antivaxxers too.

I thought 'muslim' was a deprecated term?
(Not a slur, just eurocentric and now replaced.)

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Facebook Aunt posted:

History's greatest monster.

Historys greatest monster would be that first ape to stand upright.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Johnny Aztec posted:

Historys greatest monster would be that first ape to stand upright.

Go farther back.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The Lone Badger posted:

I thought 'muslim' was a deprecated term?
(Not a slur, just eurocentric and now replaced.)

It's just a standard word for "people whose religion is Islam".

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Go farther back.

Tiktaalik lives millions of years after the first amphibian appeared, yo.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

The highways are fine, it's the bridges you have to watch out for.

e:

Knowing how many people are just horny for Nigella, the thought of her "buttering toast" in any manner is not gonna cause anger.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

The MSJ posted:

It's just a standard word for "people whose religion is Islam".

More accurately, in arabic it means "one who has surrendered themselves before God", comes from the same SLM root as Islam, which means "total surrender to God" or thereabouts. The eurocentric old way to refer to them is Mohhamadean, which will make you sound like a 18th century teacher.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
“Muslim” is used too broadly in English as an adjective, but the word itself isn’t offensive and if it were, I don’t know what the alternative would be.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Ok, looks like I'm wrong.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Platystemon posted:

“Muslim” is used too broadly in English as an adjective, but the word itself isn’t offensive and if it were, I don’t know what the alternative would be.

No one is saying the word itself is offensive.

Just, used that way, it evokes the way that shitheads like to use it in derogatory ways. Or other adjectives- See Trump's bullshit about a 'China Virus'

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

The MSJ posted:

Tiktaalik lives millions of years after the first amphibian appeared, yo.

Yeah... well... tiktaalik deez nuts.

:iceburn: :master:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The muslim furry parton vaccine

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The muslim furry parton vaccine

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Sodium Chloride posted:

You don't need that much butter, or to put it on everything

Hopefully Brexit will cause a major food crisis in the UK so they can lose some weight*

* I am joking, stay safe (and fat), British goons.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Don Gato posted:

More accurately, in arabic it means "one who has surrendered themselves before God", comes from the same SLM root as Islam, which means "total surrender to God" or thereabouts. The eurocentric old way to refer to them is Mohhamadean, which will make you sound like a 18th century teacher.

I tend to look askance at people who spell it "Moslem"

"Musselman" is right out, unless you're a Napoleonic-era ship captain or you're talking about a guy that farms shellfish

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Usually the word in front of vaccine is the thing the vaccine is meant to prevent and eliminate so I will not be calling it the Muslim vaccine.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Alive, alive-o.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Lobok posted:

Usually the word in front of vaccine is the thing the vaccine is meant to prevent and eliminate so I will not be calling it the Muslim vaccine.

Wait wait, .....maybe you should?

If these CHUD idiots think it would prevent Muslims, they'd scramble in line to get one!
While, I wouldn't care about those types, they can spread this poo poo to non-terrible people

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Pope Gets Horny on Main

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/nov/19/pope-francis-instagram-like-brazil-model-natalia-garibotto

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-8962029/Inside-orgasm-cult-investigation-FBI.html

Cartoon Man has a new favorite as of 02:09 on Nov 20, 2020

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Pope has three times as many Instagram followers as she has. Who the hell wants to see a scantily dressed Pope???

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Kennel posted:

Pope has three times as many Instagram followers as she has. Who the hell wants to see a scantily dressed Pope???

Don't judge me

CapitanGarlic
Feb 29, 2004

Much, much more.

gleebster posted:

Alive, alive-o.

this doesn't fit with the TMNT theme at all

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Kennel posted:

Agreed, sometimes the true eroticism is in how things are covered up

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!

gleebster posted:

Alive, alive-o.

I get this musical reference.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i am a big fat dumbass

Carthag Tuek has a new favorite as of 17:51 on Nov 20, 2020

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
^ I assume that was meant for the Funny Quotes thread but thanks, I lol'd

Phy posted:

"Musselman" is right out, unless you're a Napoleonic-era ship captain or you're talking about a guy that farms shellfish

Or a certain type of Thai curry.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

lmao damnit i did it again.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Carthag Tuek posted:

i am a big fat dumbass
What news site is this headline from?