Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super Foul Egg
Oct 5, 2005
Don't take me for an ordinary man

Hobo Clown posted:

Hey I'm so sorry, I meant to respond earlier and open up. Its probably too late to do that now so I bought it and you can pick it up or I can drop it off whenever tomorrow.

It's cool I was immediately distracted by Update Madness and then slept. I'll be around from now until about 5pm UTC so whenevs~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
opening scabb island again. (old code)

same story as last time, left a trove of free stuff at the southwest. in between the bad clothing i put some expensive stuff / nook crap in there so maybe you'll get something cool if you get lucky and / or unwrap everything like a buzzkill. there's also an art fraud fox selling fake paintings and nothing else, you might be able to get one.

still no rules on scabb island. please commit vandalism.

Tiler Kiwi fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Nov 19, 2020

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I checked balloons while I was cooking breakfast and right back to back I got the last two Maple Leaf DIYs I was missing! :woop:

I have all the available seasonal DIYs now! I'm freeeeeeeeeeee! I had a WAY easier time of that than I did with the Cherry Blossom stuff. Probably because I got NO DUPES the entire time. Not a single one. I will thank my lucky stars on that one. Guess I can relax until winter!

Silver Falcon fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Nov 19, 2020

Super Foul Egg
Oct 5, 2005

Silver Falcon posted:

I checked balloons while I was cooking breakfast and right back to back I got the last two Maple Leaf DIYs I was missing! :wop:

I have all the available seasonal DIYs now! I'm freeeeeeeeeeee! I had a WAY easier time of that than I did with the Cherry Blossom stuff. Probably because I got NO DUPES the entire time. Not a single one. I will thank my lucky stars on that one. Guess I can relax until winter!

There are percentages on percentages quietly pushing things the way they're supposed to go. For example the base rate of DIYs from balloons took a dive in one of the patches this year, but in return the chance that what drops is something you don't have yet is greatly increased. Seems like they're going for the feel of good fortune without removing the phone game tier grind to access it.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Super Foul Egg posted:

There are percentages on percentages quietly pushing things the way they're supposed to go. For example the base rate of DIYs from balloons took a dive in one of the patches this year, but in return the chance that what drops is something you don't have yet is greatly increased. Seems like they're going for the feel of good fortune without removing the phone game tier grind to access it.
I have gotten probably 12 balloons this morning, 2 were pro recorders and 2 were sewing sets :(

Super Foul Egg
Oct 5, 2005

Slugworth posted:

I have gotten probably 12 balloons this morning, 2 were pro recorders and 2 were sewing sets :(

Don't forget to go in and out of Nook's Cranny while holding the pick up button and wearing a wetsuit!

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Super Foul Egg posted:

It's cool I was immediately distracted by Update Madness and then slept. I'll be around from now until about 5pm UTC so whenevs~

Open now! Stop by whenever

HBVF4

Sahara is in town as well

Hobo Clown fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Nov 19, 2020

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

The limited time recipes thing is particularly annoying because a big complaint people had is that there was a smaller variety of furniture in the game compared to past entries, especially in the weird/esoteric categories. And when they add stuff in now it's time limited and if you don't grind it's gone for a year. The assets/etc are in the game, and limiting access to them is just wasteful.

I get staggering the release of new stuff to keep holidays exciting and keep people interested. But FOMO sucks and there should be a better way to manage it than "if you don't pop enough balloons you have to wait until literally a year from now to try again". Ideas people have mentioned like past-season DIY showing up at the Nook store, or maybe an exotic merchant visitor who has "ancient recipes" or something.

Super Foul Egg
Oct 5, 2005

Hobo Clown posted:

Open now! Stop by whenever

HBVF4

Sahara is in town as well

Done, left you a replacement piece of art on the noticeboard (TOUCHSCREEN WORKS NOW? DID IT ALWAYS WORK??)

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Tender Bender posted:

The limited time recipes thing is particularly annoying because a big complaint people had is that there was a smaller variety of furniture in the game compared to past entries, especially in the weird/esoteric categories. And when they add stuff in now it's time limited and if you don't grind it's gone for a year. The assets/etc are in the game, and limiting access to them is just wasteful.

I get staggering the release of new stuff to keep holidays exciting and keep people interested. But FOMO sucks and there should be a better way to manage it than "if you don't pop enough balloons you have to wait until literally a year from now to try again". Ideas people have mentioned like past-season DIY showing up at the Nook store, or maybe an exotic merchant visitor who has "ancient recipes" or something.

At least it doesn't seem like they're planning on cutting and running in terms of support any time soon. At least in comparison to like...Mario Marker 2.

Especially going by what they've already said and also like, I looked at the list people compiled of new items added to the game in the update.

One of them is one of those dang ol' Zodiac figurines that will take you twelve or so years to collect if you don't time travel in New Leaf. Heck it's one of the ones that technically people who don't time-travel still don't have in New Leaf because we haven't gone through the entire Chinese Zodiac with that game we've still got two/three more animals left there.

And this is just the first of said figurines in New Horizons. There's eleven more to go after this one!

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Tender Bender posted:

The way seasonal balloon patterns work is also weirdly at odds with how generous the holiday patterns have been, and honestly just how kinder and gentler in general NH seems than its predecessors. It's crazy how easy they made getting the Spooky stuff in this game compared to previous titles, for example, but then the fall-themed stuff is inexplicably a complete nightmare.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

bio347 posted:

The way seasonal balloon patterns work is also weirdly at odds with how generous the holiday patterns have been, and honestly just how kinder and gentler in general NH seems than its predecessors. It's crazy how easy they made getting the Spooky stuff in this game compared to previous titles, for example, but then the fall-themed stuff is inexplicably a complete nightmare.

Another example is how easy it was to get all the recipes for Bunny Day vs getting all the wedding poo poo in June. The game vomited bunny balloons and eggs at you and it was stupidly easy to get everything. The wedding stuff? poo poo wasn't even DIYs! You had to grind out photos every day and order poo poo 8 at a time from Cyrus. I ended up taking pictures with my alts all month to get extra heart bits. Now granted, that absolutely wasn't necessary if all you were after was one of each of the wedding things for the catalog, but if you actually wanted to decorate with it? GOOD loving LUCK.

That event made me hate it. I really enjoyed taking the pictures, but the way the rewards were structured was just dumb and bad.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Grab a brush and put a little make-up

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

https://youtu.be/OTr21GedotM

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Oh cool, I can give off pedo vibes now with Chrissy.

Super Foul Egg
Oct 5, 2005

Pocket Camp is such a powerful example of how you can keep the aesthetic and iconography of a franchise intact while replacing the heart of it with concentrated black goop.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Get thee behind me, Satan. I will not go back to that wretched game.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

What's the point of campsite villagers if they're going to turn down your offer to move 9 out of 10 times? The stupid card game is hard enough, why are there so many different "no thanks" dialogues on top of it? It starts to feel like Nintendo doesn't actually want you to gain new villagers this way.

Super Foul Egg
Oct 5, 2005

Hobo Clown posted:

What's the point of campsite villagers if they're going to turn down your offer to move 9 out of 10 times? The stupid card game is hard enough, why are there so many different "no thanks" dialogues on top of it? It starts to feel like Nintendo doesn't actually want you to gain new villagers this way.

I'm convinced there's some kind of edict in the dev studio to not include anything that could fall under the category of 'game' on pain of death. The way that the card game is so resolutely not a game despite being called so by the visitor is what pushed me over the edge. Fishing is and forever will be the closest thing the game will get to a test of skill.

EDIT: Also, they don't want you to gain new villagers this way, obviously. Buy Amiibo!

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I hadn't considered amiibos but still it's not like you can choose who shows up. Sometimes you just want someone new and they make it so unfun!

Anyway after about an hour of trying I talked Cherry into moving in, which means I've got Iggly in boxes today. He kind of sucks but has a cool Christmas house. If anyone wants to come get him let me know!

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

This is the best game of all time.

https://twitter.com/ohenieledam/status/1329469759977451521?s=19

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Super Foul Egg posted:

I'm convinced there's some kind of edict in the dev studio to not include anything that could fall under the category of 'game' on pain of death. The way that the card game is so resolutely not a game despite being called so by the visitor is what pushed me over the edge. Fishing is and forever will be the closest thing the game will get to a test of skill.

EDIT: Also, they don't want you to gain new villagers this way, obviously. Buy Amiibo!

I assume it's because of the really ridiculously over-strict gambling rules in other countries.

Also the AC gods are smiling on me today. I time travelled back a month and then forward to real time to unlock the bedhead hair, since it looks close to my actual hair, and doing so reset the villagers-wanting-to-move-out timer and Ruby asked to go! :dance: So come Saturday I get to island hop all day trying to find someone nice. I don't need any specific personality types any more either so there's no pressure.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I gave in and bought the 72 pack of amiibos. I couldn't take Barold anymore, that little goblin was one of my first villagers and I couldn't make him leave any other way. At least I've got Ankha now

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

I've got to try to put together a Torgo outfit.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

I feel like I just built the Berlin Wall to divide my island into East and West:

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1329506107362951169/pu/vid/640x360/KR5YY3jVqm4OnRx-.mp4?tag=10

(Balloons can't float over steal beams, buildings, bridges, or the plaza, so this system should funnel all the balloons that spawn to my airport.)

November is rough, in terms of recipes that can only come from balloons. I want my god drat mushroom and maple leaf recipes.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
scabb island is open again. if you want free stuff, unfortunately there is merely even loving more of it because someone dumped a bunch of poo poo on my beach!!! also turnips are 126 if you feel like making barely any money on that.

code is M7QW7

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Wugis is open. Turnips are 175

Redd is hear with a fake scenic painting, a fake ancient statue, and a fake academic painting

Dodo code: J4C08

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Tiler Kiwi posted:

scabb island is open again. if you want free stuff, unfortunately there is merely even loving more of it because someone dumped a bunch of poo poo on my beach!!! also turnips are 126 if you feel like making barely any money on that.

code is M7QW7

I relieved you of some of your extra but there are so many presents.

Also you are the cool dude, thanks!

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Celeste is around 🐦KDKP2

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

I'll have a dance party with you any old time, Spellman!

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Metaline posted:

I'll have a dance party with you any old time, Spellman!

<3 Your efforts have enriched my island with every color of double-fridge

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Holy bajoli, the jail bars on the beach to guide balloons thing fuckin works!

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

Metaline posted:

Holy bajoli, the jail bars on the beach to guide balloons thing fuckin works!

I'm going to try this now since I got a fuckton of iron from balloons.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

I can vouch for the effectiveness of the jail bar setup but these loving balloons still give squat.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I've opened my town because it's Sparro's birthday today! Also Redd is on my island with a real Perfect Painting, fake Wistful Painting, fake Warrior Statue and fake Quaint Painting.

Code will be posted in the AC PGS thread

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Ahahaha nice

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I saw someone mention that Daisy's birthday was on Monday, and they didn't get a recipe from Isabelle for that reason and still haven't. I'm in the same boat... Was it a unique recipe?

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
I wonder why they simply don't update everything stackable to stack to 99. That alone would alleviate a lot of storage concerns.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Yeah, the stacks seem to be completely arbitrary. Weeds go to 99, leaves go to 10, stones go to 30, fish and insects don't stack at all, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
LET ME CRAFT FROM MY STORAGE