Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

https://echoesofneweden.buzzsprout.com/1320418/6406981-eone-ep13-november-17th-2020

One of the news organizations thats been interviewing and highlighting unique corporations interviewed us, go listen to me saw aww and umm alot

We will likely rotate out who does the interviews in the future and everyone can impersonate this KrisWolfe rear end in a top hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

Also let Lemming1607 know he can leave 3t7 for a couple days, he's been complaining in alliance for the past 4 hours

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Khris Kruel posted:

https://echoesofneweden.buzzsprout.com/1320418/6406981-eone-ep13-november-17th-2020

One of the news organizations thats been interviewing and highlighting unique corporations interviewed us, go listen to me saw aww and umm alot

We will likely rotate out who does the interviews in the future and everyone can impersonate this KrisWolfe rear end in a top hat

I want to be next, I'll do my best Howard Hughes impersonation!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

If you ever send me I'm just going to honk both with my mouth and a bike horn until they end the call. This will either be hilarious or burn a bridge with a new organization.

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

I just wanna say thanks to whoever posted that Letterkenny skit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1exJGPZyhs

whocares8310
Sep 22, 2010

Sir, I think it's pronounced nook-ya-ler.

whocares8310 posted:

As much as i love the security of knowing jazz handed over the reins to people he "trusts". I'm kinda sad my billion(s) of isk in the CD aren't going to accidentally end up !getbank-ed. We have a very impressive industrial branch that i cannot praise enough.

I stand very much corrected

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

whocares8310 posted:

I stand very much corrected

Your rich bitch!

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

exit scam begins

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

I just wanna say thanks to whoever posted that Letterkenny skit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1exJGPZyhs

This whole episode is about goosesessses... allegedly.

Ise
Nov 7, 2019

Khris Kruel posted:

Also let Lemming1607 know he can leave 3t7 for a couple days, he's been complaining in alliance for the past 4 hours

I've sent him a PM.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

And now a dramatic reading of a standard Toilet Eve reddit post:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ekiWaw7EPYY

Kungfu Trader
Aug 15, 2020

Well, that escalated quickly.

Khris Kruel posted:

exit scam begins

The new Val has arrived :moonrio:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

who is next in line to steal the bank again? I think I'm 32nd

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

I stole hangar 3, I'm rich in MK3 drones you chumps!

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Gawain The Blind posted:

O.o where do they think ships come from?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Gawain The Blind posted:

Well I'm convinced. Time to shoot blues

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

RFC2324 posted:

O.o where do they think ships come from?

Realistically? Credit cards.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Gawain The Blind posted:

Realistically? Credit cards.

That's where the ISK comes from, if there's no miners there's no minerals, there's no ship building. Kinda like if all the bullet manufacturers stopped there'd be no more gun food.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

!gettrit

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

pixaal posted:

That's where the ISK comes from, if there's no miners there's no minerals, there's no ship building. Kinda like if all the bullet manufacturers stopped there'd be no more gun food.

IT WOULD BE WEIRD IF THERE WAS A DIFFERENT PLACE MINERALS COULD COME FROM oops :netease:

JCFalkenberg
Jul 7, 2008

Kaysette posted:

IT WOULD BE WEIRD IF THERE WAS A DIFFERENT PLACE MINERALS COULD COME FROM oops :netease:

As a QA tester, the latest :netease: saga hits just a little close to home :v:

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."

nullscan posted:

I stole hangar 3, I'm rich in MK3 drones you chumps!

Wait, I took a bunch of stuff in Hanger 3 and sold it... was I not supposed to donate the 3 billion back to the Corp or something? Ive never done an exit scam before.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Hello everyone, gather around. Its story time.

I'm mainly posting this cause A) I don't want to get banned and B) I want to get ahead of any people calling us cheaters.

We ran into a dupe bug, in a hilarious fashion.

Roughly Thursday or so, I noticed we had around 2 bil trit in the hangar. I was pissed, because we had 72 mil pyerite....like you need 300 mil max to build ships with 72 mil pyerite, and Cetan kept buying veldspar. I even called him out on it during the pondering.

Thursday night, after the pondering, Cetan asks our veldspar refiner to refine ALL of it. This is the amount that led to us hitting the required amount for duping, 2.14b. So while I'm at Jita, going through our wares and inventory, I noticed we had FOUR BILLION TRIT.

I was loving pissed. I just saw that we had 2 bil trit. THIS MOTHER FUCKER KEEPS BUYING TRIT. That's like 10 bil of isk tied up into trit we can't use.

At the time, I didn't understand the importance of 2.14b...it just looked like a duped stack to me. When we touched it, it wouldn't stack with each other. I thought it was bugged and flagged, so we didn't really mess with it. I then reported it to the mods.

We couldn't replicate it, it appeared bugged to hell, and I didn't really know what to do with it, so we just let it sit while I built in Jita and did the CD stuff.

Fast forward to 5 days later, yesterday, the stack is still there. I'm done with production in Jita, and I've moved everything to my market alt in Jita. It was time to build for the geese, so I flew back to Alikara. The stacks were bugging me.

So what I did was split the two stacks down, trying to figure out which one was bugged, so I could use trit from the correct stack and not get flagged. I made like 8 stacks or so of the trit.

A few hours later, I was buying datacores/PI in Jita to replenish our stock in Alikara to begin building. I didn't use stack all in jita, and just threw things into my hauler as I got them (this is important). I had around 50 stacks of random PI and datacores and flew it to Alikara, dumped it into hangar 1, and hit stack all.

I replicated the stacking. I knew it was something with stack all, but I kept trying to do it again. Now we had 3 stacks of trit. After about 15 minutes or so of loving around with it, I finally figured it out.

Basically what needs to occur is two things...1) you have multiple stacks that are under the 2.14b stack limit and B) you stack a bunch of things at once. I used 20 pyerite in my test to get 4 stacks, so it's probably 10 or more.

My guess is that the stacking code changes once you get to a certain number of stacks, and the quicksort algorithm doesn't test for integer overflow or something of that nature.

Cetan then made a video for the mods, and they immediately hotfixed it. I'm not going to link the video, cause it doxxes Cetan, or at least I think it does.

Immediately after discovering this, we went to the developers

Developers immediately locked down the "Stack All" command, and hotfixed the stacking. I've attempted to try it again, but the dupe no longer works. The stacks of tritanium are also gone, and netease is currently doing a full investigation to everyone who could've ran into this bug.

I am of the mind that anyone who hits the 2.14b limit knew. We accidentally duped it and had no idea why as soon as we hit the required amount. I'm guessing the first dupe came from all the refining done by the veldspar refiner, and they didn't realize what they had done.

I'm not going to throw accusations, just going to let the investigation go and see what netease's response is. But this really kills my motivation and allusion that this market is in anyway fair. I believe this has been known for at least two months, and we only ran into it because Cetan is a troll. We would've normally never had more than 1 bil trit if he had been following my instructions.

Most alliance in this game are waaaay bigger than us, and its very likely that this has been known, and this is the cause of alot of the market anomalies we have been seeing, like how tritanium never increased in price during t7 but everything else went up 50%.

I think alot of the screams of botting was actually this dupe bug that was creating assets for alliances.

The bug is gone, and the market may recover, but Netease needs to be extremely transparent about this and to search every hangar to see who had the requisite amount of materials to perform the dupe.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

RC Bandit
Sep 7, 2012

Hanson: It's Time

Grimey Drawer

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
:trit:

DrHammond
Nov 8, 2011

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Oops! All Trit!

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
Breaking my toilet-thread silence to say we killed a Machariel yesterday. They were really bad, now they're really dead. I heard reports it is the same person who undocked a Nightmare in Jita and activated the shield bubble, leading to them getting Concord'd.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Big McHuge posted:

Breaking my toilet-thread silence to say we killed a Machariel yesterday. They were really bad, now they're really dead. I heard reports it is the same person who undocked a Nightmare in Jita and activated the shield bubble, leading to them getting Concord'd.

lmao is it like the same 6 people losing all these faction bs

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
if you played on launch day and multiboxed 4-10 accounts you're forever rich, you could buy plex for 2000 a pop and that's an insane roi

i think i had something like 50k plex i bought the first week but i'm just sitting on it, and i know some other guys with equal assets who have no interest in playing ever again whove given me their accounts

so maybe i'll play this in a year or two and be rich

Carnival Rider
Apr 23, 2006

Kris forgot to mention with the first person that was contacted said “lol you must have just had 2.5B in buy orders for trit that you forgot about.” Then customer service had them deliver the trit to Jita to prove it wasn’t a graphical bug and -then- they locked down stack all.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
It will be funny to see who knew and used this dupe and what will happen to them.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Demon Of The Fall posted:

It will be funny to see who knew and used this dupe and what will happen to them.

The thought of p2w getting banned for duping after hitching his wagon to the anti bitting thing to try to keep SHH relevant is sending me.