Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
haha just realized I'm only on the third day of this nightmare of a period.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haulin Oates
Nov 11, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Who else stopped shaving their legs and is just luxuriating in their pelt?

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Haulin Oates posted:

I went one further and stopped shaving my armpits too. And I've almost entirely stopped wearing bras, even to the store. Thanks lockdown.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I actually STARTED shaving my pits on a regular basis. I just needed to do something to feel like I was "making myself presentable", when I had no reason to dress like I was going to work. It was just a manufactured routine. :shrug: :smith:

edit: There needs to be some sort of bra-lovers support group. I swear, I must be the only boob-haver on earth who wears them as much as possible. When I was a teenager, I'd sleep in my bra too, but I stopped after bending the poo poo out of multiple underwires.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Haulin Oates posted:

For sure. Like, five years ago. :haw:

cosmo sex tip
Sep 26, 2005
contains sodium borate, xanthan gum, sucrose stearate, glucose, glucose oxidase & lactoperoxidase, and fragrance.

spotting not enough to justify a tampon but enough to ruin your white unders before you realize It's Time For The Flood :thumbsup: feels good man

i thank god five days a month my work uniform requires black trousers; i curse it five days a month for requiring a BELT

Haulin Oates
Nov 11, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

YeahTubaMike posted:

I actually STARTED shaving my pits on a regular basis. I just needed to do something to feel like I was "making myself presentable", when I had no reason to dress like I was going to work. It was just a manufactured routine. :shrug: :smith:

edit: There needs to be some sort of bra-lovers support group. I swear, I must be the only boob-haver on earth who wears them as much as possible. When I was a teenager, I'd sleep in my bra too, but I stopped after bending the poo poo out of multiple underwires.

I still shave my pits because I get sweatier and stinkier when I'm hairy, and I already sweat excessively in my pits and stain clothing. I'm also a bra-wearer; it's uncomfortable having them hang loose and bob around. I prefer to be strapped in and streamlined. As for sleep, try wearing a sports bra that's a couple sizes too large.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Haulin Oates posted:

I'm also a bra-wearer; it's uncomfortable having them hang loose and bob around. I prefer to be strapped in and streamlined.

Exactly, especially when I'm cooking. Out of sheer laziness, I cooked breakfast without a bra one time -- never again. My boobs just felt too...rogue.

quote:

As for sleep, try wearing a sports bra that's a couple sizes too large.

Hmmmmmmmmm perhaps. Interesting tip. :)

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I only shave my legs if I'm going to be showing them off which is approximately never. I do shave my pits every now and then though, partly cause I show em off more (I like tank tops) and partly cause I feel like my deodorant doesn't work properly if there's too much hair around.

Bra-wise nope, that thing comes off as soon as I'm in the door. Straight into goddamn pyjamas, no bra. I'm kinda busty and I love the 'comfort bras' that are around now. loving underwires can bite me.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

HopperUK posted:

I only shave my legs if I'm going to be showing them off which is approximately never. I do shave my pits every now and then though, partly cause I show em off more (I like tank tops) and partly cause I feel like my deodorant doesn't work properly if there's too much hair around.

I actually feel like my pit hair keeps the deodorant there whereas it just slides off my pits when it's just skin. I'm 100% sure that's not how it works, but still.

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

I sweat waaaaay more if I shave my arm pits. Which I still do sometimes like maybe once a year, I'll just get a weird whim. I don't know why that makes me sweaty. I also sweat more when I'm cold and don't sweat at all when I'm hot so I think my body is just broken

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!
I won some kind of genetic lottery and have about 10 fine hairs in each armpit so I have literally never bothered and it has never been an issue. I was not blessed anywhere else and am generally a hirsute goddess.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

My legs get incredibly itchy if I don’t shave semi regularly.

Pinus Porcus
May 14, 2019

Ranger McFriendly
I shave pits and and the lady bits religiously, but I think it's mostly leftover from being a competitive swimmer when I was younger. Tight swimwear shows some unflattering things.

Legs: gently caress that poo poo until I'm as hairy as my husband. Even then, I wait for him to say something normally.

Also, I only got a week between periods, no wonder my stomach kept cramping at work yesterday. I thought nexplanon was supposed to deal with this poo poo. Bah. I really don't want to have it dug out of my arm and have a mirena instead, but if this is a regular thing, I'm gonna have to.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

YeahTubaMike posted:

I started liking wearing a bra more once I realised I could get the pretty and thicker cupped underwire bras and just take the underwire out. Sure they technically don't do their function, even though I can personally tell the difference on vs off in terms of what support they do have, but I can wear them without being in pain from the too-tight band that wireless bras tend to have, or the wire digging in. Turns out when your clothes don't hurt you, you like them more. Who knew?

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

gently caress bras forever

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
I would wear a bra permanently if I could. I currently wear unwired sports bras bit they have no structure and I'm still freeboobing a bit too much for comfort.

Unfortunately proper wired bra fittings require other people and fitting rooms both of which are my nemesis.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I want how my boobs look in bras all the time without the bra. I’m at the “big boobs in society yes good, big boobs in reality actually how about matronly bras because you’re fat and therefore, repulsive” cusp so I try and shove em into smaller, nicer looking bras which mostly work but will likely lead to my early death. America I can find some dece bras in my actual size but Sweden, hah, lol, wow, hahahaha things for fat women to look sexy in? Illegal. Against the Geneva convention. Literally a war crime. One million years dungeon.

I’m going to be a fat trashy mess on wheels even if it kills me

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
I'm at this point where I would like to buy a couple of regular, nicer-ish bras (that aren't my usual sports bra/bralette) for when I wear something that isnt a tshirt or sweater but the thought of having to go bra shopping makes my brain collapse in on itself. It's like pants shopping but worse.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

People claim that you just need to get a proper fitting done and then magically bras will be comfortable when they fit right, but that is LIES.

I've had fittings at different places over the years and bras still loving suck

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!
I have loved wearing my maternity bras, I wore them even after I stopped breastfeeding because they’re so adjustable and underwire free. Now I’m breastfeeding baby number two, I am looking forward to continuing my run of comfort.

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:
It’s amazing how I have zero titty but before my period I still feel like I have two full size cow udders attached to my chest. loving stairs

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

I got two pairs of awesome nursing bras from the AliExpress for cheaps for my giant monster tits and they are way cheaper than normal bras. Plus no underwire. Nuts to underwire, I've never not had an underwire bra poke me in the boob after a month of buying it. I also got some sports bras that give me a uniboob but I am past the point of caring.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

femcastra posted:

I won some kind of genetic lottery and have about 10 fine hairs in each armpit so I have literally never bothered and it has never been an issue. I was not blessed anywhere else and am generally a hirsute goddess.

I have like 10 fine hairs in each haired section of my body, but they're not fine and they're dark so it's just kind of weird. When I was a teenager, I felt weirdly inadequate because I expected to get as hairy as my mom and I just...didn't.

Pinus Porcus posted:

I shave pits and and the lady bits religiously, but I think it's mostly leftover from being a competitive swimmer when I was younger.

I shaved my bits one time, and when I woke up, it felt like someone stabbed me in the vulva with a thousand flaming daggers. :gonk:

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

teen witch posted:

It’s me I’m your mom now, let’s bond over period tsunamis and idk, you like weed, kid?

Awesome,thank you! You can be like an Aunt Flo but one who is welcome and helpful and who brings weed, not cramps and suffering :3:

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

Every bra that 'fits' has an underwire that stabs the hell out of my armpits. Something about the fact that I'm short or my titties are weirdly shaped or something means that I've never found an underwire bra that doesn't stab me in the pits. And that's setting aside when they inevitably snap in half. I gave up on them in favor of bralette/cheapo sports bras years ago, but now that I don't have the bloodgates opening and ruining my poo poo every month I'm going to spend hundreds of dollars getting matching bra and panty sets that fit me. Someday. Eventually.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Of all the horribly inaccurate portrayals of women in the media is that they wear matching underwear, all the time, as opposed to maybe once or twice a year. The twinned trope here is that only old women wear big comfy cotton panties.

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:
I don’t think the “granny pants” film joke works anymore, isn’t the big high-waisted panty look cool now? Personally my fashion sense was permanently fixed in the low-rise 00s so i don’t get it :corsair:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Ralph Crammed In posted:

Of all the horribly inaccurate portrayals of women in the media is that they wear matching underwear, all the time, as opposed to maybe once or twice a year. The twinned trope here is that only old women wear big comfy cotton panties.

Every once in a while, I'll grab a black bra and black panties like a proper metalhead, but matching colors is bullshit. :black101:

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

I genuinely don't know what's fashionable now but I can't imagine all the lingerie makers went "oh well" and gave up making lacey thongs fashionable. Although I guess Victoria's Secret is going out of business or whatever, so many they did?

Thongs bother me, not just cause they are super uncomfortable but also because they are so goddamned impractical. Where's my goo even supposed to go?

These are the last underwear I bought, except it's brown fur and a red nose for Rudolph. They absolutely got me laid.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
I bought a thong once, by accident because it was in a package and I grabbed it without looking. I was extremely displeased.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

menstruation megathread: Where's my goo even supposed to go?

I rarely wear matched bras and undies but they do make me feel more powerful. My favorite is the Medusa set.

Pinus Porcus
May 14, 2019

Ranger McFriendly
I don't actually think I have ever owned matching bra and underwear...like I've always bought things as separates...

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I wish I could find bras without underwire that fit me but my bigger breast is both a DDD and I'm fat so gently caress you, we don't make comfort bras that can fit you.

So I live life with underwire poking me in the pits.

I tried Third Love bras recently and were not pleased with them at all. I had the wire start to poke out on one the second day I wore it.

Haulin Oates
Nov 11, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hopeandjoy posted:

I wish I could find bras without underwire that fit me but my bigger breast is both a DDD and I'm fat so gently caress you, we don't make comfort bras that can fit you.

So I live life with underwire poking me in the pits.

I tried Third Love bras recently and were not pleased with them at all. I had the wire start to poke out on one the second day I wore it.

My bras are from Cacique, and they're really well-made with reinforcement up the wazoo. The underwire has always snapped before poking through the side, and it took years of regular wear and occasionally sleeping in the bra for the wire to snap.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Haulin Oates posted:

My bras are from Cacique, and they're really well-made with reinforcement up the wazoo. The underwire has always snapped before poking through the side, and it took years of regular wear and occasionally sleeping in the bra for the wire to snap.

I can second Cacique. Survived a Ford Explorer t-boning me. Randomly snapped years later. I’d kill for them to open a store here. God I should get into the plus size retail market here, I’d be rich, rich I tells ya.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

I'm medium size but hate the sensation of sagging and honestly feel my best in my most padded pushup.

Someday I'm supposed to get the whole boob taken out as a cancer precaution and I swear I'm going to get the nicest fakes money can buy so they're huge and tight and I can be the hottest milf at the pta meeting

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
I have bought matching bra and knicker sets but gave up because anything in contact with my bits gets washed at 60 deg. They don't match after that!

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??
Hi scary thread that I, a normal earth maaaan, would normally shy away from.

Advice! Please?

Tea:
What tea is good for my wife? I wish to gift her tea. Other consumable suggestions would also be acceptable.

Background: We have 10 month old child! Rejoice!

She hasn't yet re-started with her monthly(ish) cycles of reproductive uterus-lining expulsion, but I know from the last birthing process that the first cycles were a real "loving awful pain and I hate it" time for her.

Predicament:
The weening time has come, the offspring must be repulsed from the mammarian pillows of sustinance. The sloughing shall soon recommence.

She hates ginger. Thank you in advance!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

RickRogers posted:

Hi scary thread that I, a normal earth maaaan, would normally shy away from.

Advice! Please?

Tea:
What tea is good for my wife? I wish to gift her tea. Other consumable suggestions would also be acceptable.

Background: We have 10 month old child! Rejoice!

She hasn't yet re-started with her monthly(ish) cycles of reproductive uterus-lining expulsion, but I know from the last birthing process that the first cycles were a real "loving awful pain and I hate it" time for her.

Predicament:
The weening time has come, the offspring must be repulsed from the mammarian pillows of sustinance. The sloughing shall soon recommence.

She hates ginger. Thank you in advance!

Raspberry leaf tea is an old timey treatment for cramps. I don't know if they actually help but anecdotally for me they made me feel better. Maybe the placebo effect? It tastes good at any rate and does not have caffeine.

Yogi Tea (I think that's the brand at least) makes a blend of herbs that has raspberry leaves in it. It's called women's blend or something, there are many such tea blends available. You generally find these sorts of teas in the health /organic section of the stores.

Please check though that there are no herbs in there that could be harmful for breastfeeding. I breastfed as well and while I and Ralph Jr never had any ill effects from any of the many teas I drink, it's always wise to read up on it. IIRC raspberry leaf is supposed to increase milk production, but again, not sure actual research hold on that.

Edit-no, it doesn't produce more milk and apparently there are some studies that suggest it really does help with pms and cramps.

Ralph Crammed In fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Nov 21, 2020