Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think they only ran the seasons straight through over a few weeks. It doesn't seem to be on their rotating schedule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/JustJared/status/1329498274265493504

https://twitter.com/cosmic_marvel/status/1329535483374833664

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

People complaining as if that's her proper costume already.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Honestly what I think should have happened in BvS is they play the con game, which would also make the random murder of Jimmy Olsen make more sense.

You get weird assholes media manipulating Lex only to reveal at the end he is actually Glorious Godfrey. All of BvS was a Godfrey plot. It makes more sense thematically and helps set up the idea that Darkseid us coming better. It also doesn't change any of the plot since Lex was already being influenced/possessed/whatever.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

People complaining as if that's her proper costume already.

They haven't read the comics. They just want to complain. Seems like that's probably one of her first times out and of course she's dressed like Captain Marvel. Just like in the comics where she adapted Carol's blue costume her first time out before getting her own.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah you can tell by the pants it's Carol's Endgame costume. Blue sash, and the leg piping.

It's probably all in universe Captain Marvel merch.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

It's loving delightful and perfect is what that costume is.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

rantmo posted:

It's loving delightful and perfect is what that costume is.

Yeah, I like the light up hair.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

ImpAtom posted:

Honestly what I think should have happened in BvS is they play the con game, which would also make the random murder of Jimmy Olsen make more sense.

You get weird assholes media manipulating Lex only to reveal at the end he is actually Glorious Godfrey. All of BvS was a Godfrey plot. It makes more sense thematically and helps set up the idea that Darkseid us coming better. It also doesn't change any of the plot since Lex was already being influenced/possessed/whatever.

This has me thinking (and I guess side warning as this will go to some Star Wars and Marvel stuff too) but with these big tent pole movies that are supposed to launch a thousand sequels and whatnot is there any thought process into the long game as far as story is concerned. I don't mean a rigid A leads to B leads to C but something where they say "we start here, lay the seeds for something that will pay off in 2 movies time kind of thing.
I know with the recent Star Wars trilogy it felt like there was no cohesive storyline to tie the three movies together having poo poo basically contradict the previous entry because no one thought to have a character bible or anything. Meanwhile Marvel movies felt like the could play loose and let their movies tell their own stories but continuously build towards a big event (Thanos).
BvS felt disconnected from Justice League where it could have more directly lead into it but it felt (and I am probably right about this) that they didn't even have a plot outline for Justice League when BvS came out which just seems like bad planning now.

Anyway, sorry if I opened a whole can of worms.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

muscles like this! posted:

Yeah, I like the light up hair.

I like it in concept, but much like in comics, Carol barely ever wears that mohawk look so I don't feel like it'd be popular in-universe.

Whatever though, Kamala's a fangirl, she'd probably be totally aware of the helmet look and into it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I want to think that it either happens around Halloween or she had a Captain Marvel Halloween costume that she puts on to go on her first adventure. The helmet look home made.

Also i hope that's Bruno, i love Kamala's supporting cast.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I need to add another like to New Mutants, I totally enjoyed the whole movie. Sam's powers looked so loving awesome. I was expecting a trainwreck, but there wasn't really anything wrong with it.

Now, Roberto and Celia were way whiter than they should have been, and Illyana's racism could turn people off as well, but the later was just part of her being a giant rear end in a top hat and goes away as she bonds with the others. Also, Sam isn't blonde but I don't want that to be lumped in with the whitewashing of two darker skinned characters, it just made me nerd grumble.

Rhane's werewolf claws were dumb looking, but whatever. It was fun, watch it.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

TwoPair posted:

I like it in concept, but much like in comics, Carol barely ever wears that mohawk look so I don't feel like it'd be popular in-universe.

Whatever though, Kamala's a fangirl, she'd probably be totally aware of the helmet look and into it.

if you want to nitpick, the idea of anyone being a Carol fangirl in the MCU doesn't really make a ton of sense since Carol has barely been active on Earth that we know of since 1995 and wasn't that public even then, but then again Brie Larson will probably actually be appearing on this show so they should be able to address that somehow

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Barry Convex posted:

if you want to nitpick, the idea of anyone being a Carol fangirl in the MCU doesn't really make a ton of sense since Carol has barely been active on Earth that we know of since 1995 and wasn't that public even then, but then again Brie Larson will probably actually be appearing on this show so they should be able to address that somehow

We have no major insight to what happens between the Snap and Endgame. We know Carol's been working with the Avengers. I think they mention she rescued a sunken sub or something? She saved the life of Tony Stark. She blew up Thanos' war ship. She turned the tide of the entire end battle. I don't think its even remotely hard to imagine that she'd be a massive celebrity and some kids would fangirl her hard. I'm guessing there were a million cameras recording that burst of energy that shot through Thanos' ship. And can you imagine the media blitz on everyone and everything after that battle?

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

STAC Goat posted:

We have no major insight to what happens between the Snap and Endgame. We know Carol's been working with the Avengers. I think they mention she rescued a sunken sub or something? She saved the life of Tony Stark. She blew up Thanos' war ship. She turned the tide of the entire end battle. I don't think its even remotely hard to imagine that she'd be a massive celebrity and some kids would fangirl her hard. I'm guessing there were a million cameras recording that burst of energy that shot through Thanos' ship. And can you imagine the media blitz on everyone and everything after that battle?

yeah there are a lot of possible ways to address this, to be fair. although that last point gets at one of my gripes with Endgame, which was that the climactic battle at no point feels like it's taking place on the planet Earth as opposed to a generic desolate CG landscape like the Titan fight in Infinity War, though I know the script says it has to be taking place in upstate New York

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, its happening at the Avengers HQ which they've established over multiple films is somewhat isolated and out of the way in Upstate NY. And I imagine that it wouldn't take very long for the affects of Thanos and the battle to make the green and roads and whatever buildings or cars might be around turned into a wasteland. It probably would have been unrealistic if that battle hadn't been on a destroyed, barren pit with nothing left alive or not burned to ash.

But like, I think its safe to say CNN was recording it from as close as they can reasonably get. And something like Carol's arrival would have been the most easy things to spot, record, and blow people's minds. It would be like war footage. Tons of wide explosions and crazy poo poo you could only kind of make out and then BOOM. I feel like Carol would have been one of the top "stars" of that show. Wasp and Mantis probably have some fangirls too, but they didn't blow up a battle ship in a blast of light you could see from space.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

We also don't know how long after Endgame this takes place and what happens in the interim.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

Yea I think what may be happening is there is 4 minutes of new stuff, but everything else is made up of stuff Synder shot, replacing the Whedon stuff.

Bit late on this, but yes, this is correct. Whedon reshot the vast majority of the movie, cutting out Zacks own stuff. Snyderleague will be only the stuff Zack shot, which is the 2.5 hours of unseen content. The additional footage that was shot last month is the new 4 minutes they're talking about.

So there's the old new content and the new new content :v:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

That glowing plastic mohawk is amazing. :allears:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

McCloud posted:

Bit late on this, but yes, this is correct. Whedon reshot the vast majority of the movie, cutting out Zacks own stuff. Snyderleague will be only the stuff Zack shot, which is the 2.5 hours of unseen content. The additional footage that was shot last month is the new 4 minutes they're talking about.

So there's the old new content and the new new content :v:

But the "movie" is 4 hour long episodes now. If he had 2.5 hours, shot 4 minutes of new footage, and isn't using any Whedon stuff, where is the additional hour and 26 minutes coming from?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It implies there's 90 minutes of content Snyder shot that Whedon used.

But the same loving source has told us that Whedon scrapped most of it, and the original movie's runtime is 120 minutes.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

It implies there's 90 minutes of content Snyder shot that Whedon used.

But the same loving source has told us that Whedon scrapped most of it, and the original movie's runtime is 120 minutes.

But his original cut he always talked about was 2.5 hours long. I would assume that already included anything Whedon used. So again, where is that extra hour and a half of footage to make it 4 hours coming from if he only shot 4 minutes of new stuff?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Vince MechMahon posted:

But his original cut he always talked about was 2.5 hours long. I would assume that already included anything Whedon used. So again, where is that extra hour and a half of footage to make it 4 hours coming from if he only shot 4 minutes of new stuff?

Just an incredible amount of slow motion.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Presumably he’s just splicing back in hours’ worth of stuff that previously ended up on the cutting room floor.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Vince MechMahon posted:

His "snyder cut" as it were, was 214 minutes, presumably the plan was to cut it down to slightly below 3 hours. Then he left, they brought Whedon in, tell him to get it down to two hours, and he works with Geoff Johns to do some reshoots.

McCloud fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Nov 20, 2020

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Soonmot posted:

I need to add another like to New Mutants, I totally enjoyed the whole movie. Sam's powers looked so loving awesome. I was expecting a trainwreck, but there wasn't really anything wrong with it.

Now, Roberto and Celia were way whiter than they should have been, and Illyana's racism could turn people off as well, but the later was just part of her being a giant rear end in a top hat and goes away as she bonds with the others. Also, Sam isn't blonde but I don't want that to be lumped in with the whitewashing of two darker skinned characters, it just made me nerd grumble.

Rhane's werewolf claws were dumb looking, but whatever. It was fun, watch it.

I dunno, they could have written Ilyana as an rear end in a top hat without the racism, but the writers chose to do so anyway. Coupled with the director's interview and basically saying he doesn't see the need to cast a darker-skinned character for Roberto, it's just a really bad look.

Maybe it's just me, but it looks like Kamala's wearing a shirt with the bisexual flag colors on it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Bell has confirmed that WW84 will not be streaming in Canada on Christmas.

After its “standard theatrical windows" were their exact words. WW84 has a shortened theatrical release but that probably still means months.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Yea sounds like Canada is getting the short stick here because we are considered international box office I guess

https://twitter.com/dfriend/status/1329222016570974210?s=19

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aphrodite posted:

Bell has confirmed that WW84 will not be streaming in Canada on Christmas.

After its “standard theatrical windows" were their exact words. WW84 has a shortened theatrical release but that probably still means months.

Doing stuff like this just guarantee's a lot of illegal downloads and cuts into people willing to pay for it. Good job, working hard!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Lurdiak posted:

Just an incredible amount of slow motion.

Slow, luxuriant pans across Steppenwolf's armor.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

amigolupus posted:

I dunno, they could have written Ilyana as an rear end in a top hat without the racism, but the writers chose to do so anyway. Coupled with the director's interview and basically saying he doesn't see the need to cast a darker-skinned character for Roberto, it's just a really bad look.

Yeah, I'm not gonna judge anyone for writing it off because of that.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1329868791048675329

[The sisters] serve as the creators, showrunners, and executive producers of the new Fox series The Great North, which is set to premiere in February 2021, and has already been renewed for a second season. In addition, Lizzie and Wendy are writers and executive producers of the long-running hit series Bob’s Burgers on Fox, for which they won an Emmy Award in 2017, and have been nominated for an Emmy for eight consecutive years. They have also been nominated for three WGA Awards, and won the Annie Award in 2017 for their episode, The Hormone-iums.

lomzus fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Nov 20, 2020

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Okay who can H Jon Benjamin play in Deadpool 3?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

twistedmentat posted:

Bob Belcher.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

twistedmentat posted:

ID the Selfish Moon

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

Bob, Agent of Hydra

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Codependent Poster posted:

Bob, Agent of Hydra

Oh hell that would be pretty great

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

twistedmentat posted:

Weasel. gently caress TJ Miller.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1329918110359572487

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

They're, uh, moving ahead with filming on that Black Panther sequel pretty quickly:

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1329920130130776064

I'm glad they're making Shuri more prominent but I'm still worried because there's no great options. Boseman was iconic but IMO it'd really suck if there's just no more of this great character for kids to look up to because he cast too great a shadow to be replaced.

Making Shuri Black Panther (or maybe even M'Baku) would make a lot of people happy, though. Maybe they can spend a movie with her and then recast later down the line, because it probably is still too soon to think about that.

I'm also worried in the sense that Coogler, if he's even still attached at this point, probably had to spend the last few months jettisoning everything he had planned for the sequel, but that's obviously less important.

e: beaten