Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006

well why not posted:

Matt is married, lives in NYC, works 4 hours a week, has friends and is very rich. I don’t see how he’s a loser in the slightest.

I don't think having a job that pays well for 3 years makes anyone very rich.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Pedro De Heredia posted:

Especially considering the man's treat budget

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Gripweed posted:

His hard seltzer budget alone is insane

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Nothus posted:

Matt's flaw is the same as everyone else who came of age during and after Reagan. There is no alternative to the status quo. We may hate it and want to overthrow it, but nobody can articulate how such a world would work. Such is the overwhelming victory of capital. Even the remaining communists are trapped in the boundaries it has imposed on humanity.

All you can hope for is that climate change is profound enough to hit humanity's reset button but not hard enough that it leads to extinction.

Climate change is not gonna render humankind extinct but you need to boot-strap to renewable energy with fossil fuels or there is no large scale industrial civilization beyond ~2050. But like, if nothing else, some isolated tribe from the Andamans or Micronesia will eke it out and the earth will be slowly repopulated over tens of millennia, it's just that they won't have a way to vault themselves into a similar high technological society. Hopefully they will be happier than us.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

terrorist ambulance posted:

Man trueanon is dogshit lately

what, you werent convinced that after cancelling Thanksgiving the leftists will be cheering for security cameras because of 'social justice'?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Why are people mad at true anon here? Also it’s been good.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

mistermojo posted:

what, you werent convinced that after cancelling Thanksgiving the leftists will be cheering for security cameras because of 'social justice'?

the biden team is already talking about "hate speech" laws that will 100% only be used to attack people who are anti-cop or pro-BDS,

yes the ruling class absolutely will use "social justice" as a cudgel to do whatever they can to consolidate their power and it works exactly because no one wants to be seen as "against social justice"

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
all i know is that the trueanon hosts definitely, for sure, actually said whatever the esteemed posters are mad about.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
I'm not mad at them, it's just loving boring. I turned off the last one 10 minutes in when it was just them doing their weird sweetheart, honey poo poo back and forth and meandering without getting close to a point

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

Gripweed posted:

We need moreTreat Boy Matt itt
https://vimeo.com/190481230

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Shipon posted:

the biden team is already talking about "hate speech" laws that will 100% only be used to attack people who are anti-cop or pro-BDS,

yes the ruling class absolutely will use "social justice" as a cudgel to do whatever they can to consolidate their power and it works exactly because no one wants to be seen as "against social justice"
I agree with you in principle, but Idunno, I don't see "BLM is toxic white masculinity" and "ACAB is hate speech" taking off. I mean, with the people who run Twitter and Facebook, sure, but as effective mass propaganda?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Pedro De Heredia posted:

yea plus I think Matt is the one who had legit like blue collar 'traditional' working class background (isn't that why his back is all jacked up?) so dude likely didn't have some big nest egg his sweet sweet internet money is boosting up.

Shipon posted:

Yea the idea of 'what if surveillance state, but woke' being some insane conspiracy theory is so bonkers when 'you should be fired for saying AIPAC lobbies with money or responding to a news story of a cop getting shot with 'lol' on your personal twitter' is like, mainstream democratic platform at this point.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Halloween Jack posted:

I agree with you in principle, but Idunno, I don't see "BLM is toxic white masculinity" and "ACAB is hate speech" taking off. I mean, with the people who run Twitter and Facebook, sure, but as effective mass propaganda?

it doesn't matter, most of the dem base is going back to brunch or returning to their republican roots to own the libs, it's like how none of them gave a poo poo about Obama beating up whistleblowers but suddenly cared when Colonel Bugrumfph Simp had his Fancy Boy First Class medal denied him by Trump or whatever the gently caress.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

I'm not mad at them, it's just loving boring. I turned off the last one 10 minutes in when it was just them doing their weird sweetheart, honey poo poo back and forth and meandering without getting close to a point

There has to be some kind of happy median between Trueanon's rudderless meandering and Citations Needed's monotone lecturing.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

sexpig by night posted:

it doesn't matter, most of the dem base is going back to brunch or returning to their republican roots to own the libs, it's like how none of them gave a poo poo about Obama beating up whistleblowers but suddenly cared when Colonel Bugrumfph Simp had his Fancy Boy First Class medal denied him by Trump or whatever the gently caress.
The Dem base is black women, who mostly can't go back to brunch.

I'm not trying to be an rear end in a top hat to you, specifically, but the Party and its obedient minions get a lot of mileage out of confusing people over what "base" means.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

So they did their intro for ten minutes and then started the actual episode? Like literally every episode they’ve ever done?

THS
Sep 15, 2017

The_Rob posted:

So they did their intro for ten minutes and then started the actual episode? Like literally every episode they’ve ever done?

yeah im trying to imagine having listened to trueanon this whole time and not being able to stand their personalities or interactions

THS
Sep 15, 2017

have you tried listening to it at 3x speed to get the information quicker

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Sulphagnist posted:

Climate change is not gonna render humankind extinct but you need to boot-strap to renewable energy with fossil fuels or there is no large scale industrial civilization beyond ~2050. But like, if nothing else, some isolated tribe from the Andamans or Micronesia will eke it out and the earth will be slowly repopulated over tens of millennia, it's just that they won't have a way to vault themselves into a similar high technological society. Hopefully they will be happier than us.
What happens to the nukes, though?

THS posted:

yeah im trying to imagine having listened to trueanon this whole time and not being able to stand their personalities or interactions
I didn't listen to it for a long time because Brace's ranting dominated the whole thing. Once he chilled out and let Liz actually talk it was good.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

trueanons two best eps have been in the last three weeks

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Zhulik posted:

all i know is that the trueanon hosts definitely, for sure, actually said whatever the esteemed posters are mad about.

This and also for literally everything this thread is mad about

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Halloween Jack posted:

They already did “BLM is toxic white masculinity” and plenty of people bought it.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

The Kingfish posted:

They already did “BLM is toxic white masculinity” and plenty of people bought it.

Tea.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

TrueAnon peaked at Liz’ four minute rant at the end of the Assange episode. It’ll be tough to surpass that.

Proust Malone fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Nov 19, 2020

gfarrell80
Aug 31, 2006

The_Rob posted:

Why are people mad at true anon here? Also it’s been good.

Truanon is very hit or miss for me. They can hit hard but they can also go pretty whacko. So far the best has been Liz's general anti-media rant a couple weeks ago, mentioned in this thread. Lately for my leftist podcast fix I've been hitting Trillbilly Worker's Party and West Wing Thing (in addition to Chapo and TruAnon).

well why not posted:

also lmao that goons must prosecute someone for not liking games that much.

I think in some minds since Matt Christman can't handle being shot at by cartoon bullets but they can, it means that they are somehow intellectually superior to him.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

gfarrell80 posted:

I think in some minds since Matt Christman can't handle being shot at by cartoon bullets but they can, it means that they are somehow intellectually superior to him.

I just think it funny when the oaf has a break down about something silly like have a panic attack playing a game for children after spending the previous hour of stream talking about the gnositic realization of the dark psychic ethos of the reincarnation of The Little Magician,

You should go back to defending your first take on this really, you're just getting into dumber positions.

Proust Malone posted:

TrueAnon peaked at Liz’ four minute rant at the end of the Assange episode. It’ll be tough to surpass that.

Can't beat the queen.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

i don't like when people call matt an oaf. is that any way to speak about your friend. our friend.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

he can take your slings and arrows.. he does this for us

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

NienNunb posted:

i don't like when people call matt an oaf. is that any way to speak about your friend. our friend.

You would shame his illustrious heritage as the King of Midwestern Oafs. You are not his friend.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
We celebrate Matt as the scion of a long, proud, oaf dynasty.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

christman? of the Wisconsin oafs??

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

gfarrell80 posted:

Truanon is very hit or miss for me. They can hit hard but they can also go pretty whacko.

they say in the something awful podcast forum

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

It just occurred to me that Dems are politically incompetent enough to let the student loan deferment expire on their watch.

gfarrell80
Aug 31, 2006

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

You should go back to defending your first take on this really, you're just getting into dumber positions.

I disagree.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The man screaming in terror at cartoon bullets has dumb brains yeah.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

im not gonna watch the footage but theres absolutely no way he wasnt doing a bit

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

The Kingfish posted:

It just occurred to me that Dems are politically incompetent enough to let the student loan deferment expire on their watch.

doesn’t it expire at the end of the year

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
The best way to listen to TrueAnon is to lie to other leftists that you listen to it, either to piss them off or to get their approval, but actually to listen to the Patrick Monahan podcast where they make fun of weird news instead

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

skull mask mcgee posted:

doesn’t it expire at the end of the year

Yeah, it’s scheduled to. But the obvious play would be to extend it into Biden’s term and stick him with the hot potato. Letting it expire during Trump’s presidency would be insane political malpractice, but I suppose it’s not impossible.

E: the boys are not wrong about Rudy being the worst lawyer imaginable. Motherfucker flew to Pennsylvania and showed up before a judge without the slightest idea which constitutional standard of review he was asserting.

The Kingfish fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Nov 20, 2020

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
Wow fellas did you check out the latest TrueAnon episode? Brace's mental illnesses were remarkably cool and Liz's voice was particularly raspy. Love to listen to that podcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
did brace make the gunshot noise