Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Fruits of the sea posted:

Anything I should know about RymdResa?

All I know about is that I read something three years ago that made me put it on a wishlist.

For posterity, no.

It’s a rogue like but almost all progress is carried over except for materials (which are plentiful and only needed in chapters 2 and 3). Very chill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Any early tips for Assassin's Creed: Valhalla?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Cross-Section posted:

Any early tips for Assassin's Creed: Valhalla?
- The only missables I'm aware of in the entire game are opening a door from the inside of a crypt when the story sends you there (unclear if you can get back there otherwise, there's an item inside), and two "Wealth" collectibles later in an area that feels very much like when you leave you're done, so when you are sent to a crypt or an area the game signposts the poo poo out of being one-and-done, grab stuff
- You can go back and forth between world-maps (between tutorial area and the main game region) at any time once you unlock the latter
- Respecs are free and infinite, and can be done on either a single-dot or full-tree basis. Once you put enough points into a direction to unlock the next area / clear its fog of war, if you respec you'll retain that vision until you leave the menu entirely. So once you get 20, 30 points under your belt, feel free to mess around and branch out and see what you can build towards.
- Broadly, yellow = stealth, blue = ranged, red = melee/combat, but in practice, blue has a lot of QoL stuff (time slow on dodge/low health) and yellow has a smattering of ranged things (notably, steer-arrow-in-first-person).
- When a dot on your compass starts to wiggle/pulse, doing your Odin Sight (the pulse reveal thing) will change the icon to what it actually is, so you can tell if that yellow dot is a resource or an equippable item.

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So there's a lot on the wiki for Divinity: Original Sin 2. While that's useful it's also overwhelming. Have a question that isn't directly covered in the wiki so here goes.

I'm only interested in the plot and don't care about combat at all. While I've seen the game has a story mode difficulty, does it break the game as much as the story mode difficulty in the Baldurs Gate/Planes ape Enhanced editions? If not, what are good classes to chose to make the difficulty less of an issue.

Am on console so modding the game is not an option.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I'm not sure what you mean by "break the game." If you mean that in terms of scripting or whatever, then the answer is not at all. The story mode is basically just ultra-low difficulty with massive bonuses to you and equally massive penalties for enemies. The result is that you're about four times stronger on average when compared to the enemies of the same level as you would be on normal. It's about as easy as you could ask for without being outright godmode.

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Cardiovorax posted:

I'm not sure what you mean by "break the game." If you mean that in terms of scripting or whatever, then the answer is not at all. The story mode is basically just ultra-low difficulty with massive bonuses to you and equally massive penalties for enemies. The result is that you're about four times stronger on average when compared to the enemies of the same level as you would be on normal. It's about as easy as you could ask for without being outright godmode.

Yeah to elaborate I did some playthroughs of baldrs gate 2 on story mode difficulty. It was effectively a god mode but it caused weird scripting bugs I'd never seen in other playthroughs (eg. companion dialogue repeating or not triggering, side quests just refusing to progress etc).

In any event thanks for explaining divinity 2s story mode difficulty. Sounds like exactly what I'm looking for :v:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Nyeehg posted:

In any event thanks for explaining divinity 2s story mode difficulty. Sounds like exactly what I'm looking for :v:
I'd say so. The worst problem you'll likely have to deal with is boredom. The game might not present itself that way, but it is fairly combat-heavy, and the turn-based nature of it makes even a cakewalk through enemies that crumple like tissue paper a bit of a slog. There are enough encounters that you'll feel how much that format makes fights that would be over in seconds in a more dynamic system stretch.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

So something for Yakuza Like a Dragon -

Kasuga is a load-bearing protagonist. If at any point he dies, it does not matter how many people in your party can revive or how close you were to winning the fight, you instantly game over. So take more care to make him tanky than you necessarily would for another character, because eating a couple crits in a dungeon will gently caress you out of a bunch of work unavoidably.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I love the term "load bearing protagonist", it is complete nonsense but I know exactly what you mean.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

CuddleCryptid posted:

I love the term "load bearing protagonist", it is complete nonsense but I know exactly what you mean.
Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey...

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Any good tips for Yakuza 0?

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Boba Pearl posted:

Any good tips for Yakuza 0?

The wiki page is very comprehensive.

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

A few more tips for Yakuza: Like A Dragon:
* Once you get the ability to change jobs, change Ichiban's job to Foreman. This immediately unlocks an optional but very nice-to-have map traversal skill you can't get otherwise.
* Even if you don't care for the management minigame, be sure to play it through the first milestone to unlock the 5th party member.
* In the managment minigame, Tome Kamataki (the un-fireable grandma) can run a fully upgraded Ichiban Confections by herself around level 20.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

PMush Perfect posted:

Ah gently caress this phrase apparently has the power to slam the Velvet Room theme into my brain before I can even parse what its a reference to.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

PMush Perfect posted:

"Standard SMT rules, then" was my first thought to that as well.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Yeah, I'm aware it's not necessarily uncommon in certain RPGs, especially older ones. But with how... hand-holdy? Like a Dragon is, and the fact that revives are in both item and skill form it made it kind of come out of nowhere when the main character got one shot from like 85% in a dungeon fight and it transitioned straight to Game Over when I could have easily revived him and healed him before another enemy would have even gotten a turn given the chance.

I always think of them as load-bearing protagonists because they're holding up all of reality. The second they die, the rest of their universe blinks out of existence.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

On an unrelated note, is there anywhere that explains the stats in Like a Dragon? Not the personality stats, the ones that gear give you? A lot of them are straight forward (attack, defense, etc). But I don't know what Agility does compared to dexterity, or whether Healing buffs outgoing healing, incoming healing, or both. Does Magic just affect elemental attacks or all skills, or what?

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Zaodai posted:

On an unrelated note, is there anywhere that explains the stats in Like a Dragon? Not the personality stats, the ones that gear give you? A lot of them are straight forward (attack, defense, etc). But I don't know what Agility does compared to dexterity, or whether Healing buffs outgoing healing, incoming healing, or both. Does Magic just affect elemental attacks or all skills, or what?

I havent actually played Like a Dragon (though this thread has convinced me to give it a shot) but if its using DQ refrences all over the place then might the stats work similarly?

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Also an important thing about LAD that should be said: If you see a taxi in the city, interact with it at least once because that is the only way to unlock it as a fast-travel destination when you call for a taxi or use another taxi in person. You will save yourself from a headache if you do.

As for the business minigame that unlocks later: It is extremely simple to work through once you read the instructions and don't willingly sabotage yourself. You will be rolling in money by the time you're done, so all those pricey as hell items in shops will be less so. It's just time-consuming, that's all.

UltraShame
Nov 6, 2006

Vocabulum.
Can some intrepid wiki-user add the following, because it took me drat near half an hour to figure out after downloading the game from EA OriPlay. Please and Thanks.

Re: Jedi: Fallen Order (PC)

If you want to disable controller rumble and/or invert either of the camera axes, you have to hit pause > settings > controls

On this settings screen, it looks like the only option is to hit "configure controls" - it's not. Scroll down despite there being no indication you could. There's your camera/rumble setting! Enjoy your controller not skittering off your desk and across the room because a stormtrooper sneezed on the other side of the planet.

UltraShame fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Nov 17, 2020

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

BrightWing posted:

I havent actually played Like a Dragon (though this thread has convinced me to give it a shot) but if its using DQ refrences all over the place then might the stats work similarly?

If so, then I would guess Dexterity probably is a stand in for Deftness and is your crit and evasion stat and Agility is your "speed" type turn-order stat?

One other thing that may be obvious to other people but took a bit to click for me was that if you're trying to figure out what doors are enterable inside a big building, even the ones that aren't a dungeon, the interactable ones all still show up as a pink line on your minimap. This is most noticeable if you forgot exactly where in that big rear end three story building the Sujimon center is (since it also has a Majong parlor in it). It's a regular non-descript door on the upper hallway, but it's the only one with a pink line indicating it's a room transition even though you can't see the room on the other side of it coming off the hallway like you would on a Dungeon minimap.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

So the sewer dungeon acts like at first that you'll have a chance to leave after each floor. You will not. You might get a save room periodically, but a save room doesn't guarantee a way out. You might have to clear several floors of stuff way harder than you might expect, plus a boss to be able to get out, and if you save your game and reload it on a cleared floor, all the enemies respawn. So if you say, just barely beat the guys guarding the save room, healed, saved over a previous save and then went forward thinking you were getting an exit and instead have a boss that is ten levels higher than the guys on the last floor were and that gets three attacks a round that are pretty likely to one tap anybody in your party, uhh, you might be completely hosed. So don't go in there, even if you need to grind. You'll just cost yourself hours of progress if you hit a wall (because you can't even die to escape, it would just throw you back to the last save room or force you to load a save).

:saddowns:

[EDIT] I guess the better advice would be even if you think your weapons are good enough, they are not. Always be seeking to upgrade them/replace them with something better, no matter the cost, because having way higher base damage will do more than levels themselves, and you're going to need it sometimes when you run into something way stronger than the surrounding fare would suggest.

Zaodai fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Nov 18, 2020

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
Yet more for Yakuza: Like A Dragon:
* Every job has at least two "character skills" which have a red icon even before they're unlocked. Character skills can be used no matter what job you're in; once Nanba learns Pyro Breath at Homeless Guy rank 10, he can use it in any other class.
* Speaking of Pyro Breath, its multi-target effectiveness, like most area attacks, is best when set as a shortcut and used it right at the start of an encounter. Once the bad guys start to spread out, the only really good way to hit more than one is to to wait for a couple dudes to lined up and have Adachi use Reckless Charge on the farthest one.
* I wouldn't recommend doing too much side content until chapter 5. You'll recruit your fourth party member, get the ability to change jobs, and unlock the major side activities including your main source of money.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
You can be a level 10 Homeless Guy? I have to buy this dumb game.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Bedurndurn posted:

You can be a level 10 Homeless Guy? I have to buy this dumb game.

Several of its attack abilities involve throwing beans at people so pigeons flock towards them.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Mierenneuker posted:

Several of its attack abilities involve throwing beans at people so pigeons flock towards them.

bird up

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Alright, the page for Batman: Arkham Knight is kind of messy, here's a potential rewrite:
  • At the start of the game, Batman has lost his REC gun and freeze grenades from Arkham City. You can get both of these back quite early; the REC is in the GCPD Evidence Lockup, and the grenades are in the place where you meet up with Robin. The plot will direct you to both of these eventually, but there's no reason not to pick them up ASAP.
  • The Batmobile stuff is pretty frontloaded; they lay it on thick at the start of the game, but then ease back a bit.
  • By default, putting the car into battle mode requires holding the left trigger (or RMB). There's a setting to change this to a toggle, which is recommended. Battle mode can also be used while driving to stop instantly. The car also has multiple POV modes; you might find Bumper-cam works better for the races.
  • Upgrades: anything that improves your combat abilities and freeflow is a must. For gadgets, basically every Disruptor upgrade is worthwhile. For the car, dodging and damage are handy. Also the extra Grapnel Boosts really change the way you fly around the city, they're not necessary but they're fun.
  • Riddler stuff: new Riddler puzzles appear across the city in several waves, based on your plot progression. Certain puzzles rely on gadgets you may not yet have unlocked; some of them rely on upgrades you may not have. As in previous games, you can add puzzles to your map by scanning the trophies, or by interrogating Riddler's dudes on the streets. You need to get all of the trophies if you want to catch the Riddler. The one upside is that they carry over into New Game+
  • Certain militia checkpoints have tons of guys with guns in a small area. Usually, you're meant to find a way to take them out with the car.
  • There's a lot of incidental dialogue, much of which is based on your progression through the story. So take your time, wander around, do lots of side-missions, soak it all up.
  • The police helicopters will sometimes point out the locations of side-missions, if you're having trouble finding them.
  • When you get up to the last mission of the main plot, several different characters will tell you it's the point of no return. This is not actually true; you can keep playing the game, and do all the side-missions, after the main story is complete.
  • In order to unlock the ending, you need to have completed 7 out of the 14 Gotham's Most Wanted questlines. In order to unlock the secret ending, you need to have completed all 14 (which means getting all the Riddler trophies). Honestly, the difference is like 20 seconds of footage, unless you enjoy the puzzles you might as well just watch it on Youtube.
  • DLC: the challenge maps and skins are whatever. The Arkham Episodes are well-made, but incredibly short, like 15 minutes each (except for the Batgirl one, which is more like 90). The Season of Infamy, on the other hand, adds four new questlines to the main game; they're really well-integrated, and are on par with the best stuff from the base game.

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

Kazzah posted:

Alright, the page for Batman: Arkham Knight is kind of messy, here's a potential rewrite:

Good enough for me - I've replaced the page with these.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
I noticed that the Might and Magic VIII page was barely populated so let me help:

Character/Team building:

MM8 is different than previous Might & Magic games in that you build one main character and then you recruit other characters to form your five person team. Besides your main character, all other characters are able to be recruited and either put on your team or left at the guild hall to put into your party at a later time. This allows for a lot of flexibility in team building. Also, even if you don't want someone on your team, recruit them anyway and you can use them as a pack mule since they will hold onto any equipment or supplies you give them while in the guild hall.

Building your starting character:

You can choose to start with any class minus the Dragon since they are over-powered. Male/Female doesn't matter with regards to stats. Here's a rough breakdown of the classes:

Knight: Your basic physical damage dealer. No magic to speak of but great with most weapons and armor. Choose a main weapon such as Sword or Spear, give them Plate, Bodybuilding and Arms Master and they will shred enemies up close.

Troll: Your other physical damage dealer. More beeftank than the Knight. They won't output the amount of damage that the Knight does, but they have massive HP pools and with Grandmaster Regeneration, they will stay in the fight longer that pretty much everyone.

Dark Elf: MM8's version of the Archer. A good fighter and pretty decent with Elemental spells. Plus they have their own Dark Elf racial abilities that have their uses with Dark Fire being pretty strong at high levels.

Vampire: A hybrid class, they have some decent fighting skills and can also cast Self magic. They also have Vampire abilities which are pretty useful. Levitate allows you to hover over dangerous terrain and Mistform makes the vampire immune to physical damage for a short duration.

Minotaur: Another hybrid class but a bit too much of a jack of all trades, master of none. They are the best axe fighters, but get only up to Expert in Self magic. They can't grandmaster many abilities, plus they can't wear helms or boots. A challenging choice for a first character.

Cleric: Your primary Self caster. Weak on attack, but will keep the party healthy. They also are the only ones that can learn Light spells, many which grant massive boosts to your team. Every team wants one.

Necromancer: Your primary Elemental caster who also learns Dark spells. Similar to the Cleric physically, but they can learn Regeneration which helps with survival once they turn into a Lich. Yet again, every team wants one.

Dragon: You can't start with one but you can recruit one early on. They can only wear rings and amulets so bonuses from equipment are minimal, but their Dragon ability allows them to be extremely powerful as their basic attack is tied to this one skill and also tied to other spells you can get from the Dragon skill. If you feel like taking one, you can make the game a bit too easy down the road so be mindful.

Recruits:

Each class has 4 to 5 recruits available from the game. Almost all of them will be available to you, although a couple will not be available to recruit depending on which story choices you make in the game.

Recruits come in 4 flavors: Level 5, Level 15, Level 30 and Level 50. Level 5 recruits are available either from the start, or once you hit level 5. Level 15, 30 and 50 typically require story progression. There are some exceptions to this rule and some of the higher level recruits can be hired very early on if you know how to complete their quest. Trolls also have an exception that there are no level 5 trolls to recruit.

Lastly, higher level recruits typically have more skill points than a lower level recruit, however you won't be able to determine where most of those points go. Those higher level recruits will also have skills that have been trained up to Expert/Master/Grandmaster. For example, Vetrinus Taleshire starts at level 50 with 564 skill points with 104 of them being available for you to use. A level 50 user created Lich will only have 349 skill points without using Horseshoes. Vetrinus is an extreme outlier, with most recruits being slightly higher skill point wise as the main character at the same level.

Tips:

* Arcomage is available right from the start of the game without needing to complete a quest like in MM7. Win a game of Arcomage in every tavern you come across.
* You may come across certain plants that have caps in the name, example being "Palm tree" as compared to "palm tree" like most plants are. These plants have special properties when clicked on. Some of them won't work if your Repair Item skill is too low. Save before clicking on one!
* Some quests involve you gathering ingredients to create a potion of Pure <Stat>. These quests are very valuable as each Pure potion gives a one time 50 point bonus to that stat for each character that drinks that particular potion. You can give one of each potion to a character to give them a 50 point boost in every stat if you want, but you can't give multiples of the same potion to a character to get more of one stat.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!
A while back, some dude asked for hints for Civilization V:

• If your PC is running slow as you play, open the task manager, find a process called qtwebengine and kill it.

• Difficulty level 4 is good for learning the game; levels 1-3 are strictly for your 8 year old cousin. 5 and 6 are just right to give a regular player a challenge. 7 is insanely hard and 8 is utterly impossible.

• If you want to play a quiet, relaxed game of empire building, turn off barbarians. They don't add anything. On the other hand, if you want to match wits on the battlefield against a brilliant tactician, consider another game. The AI's sole battle strategy is "make swarms of units and send them at you".

• Good military civs are Japan and Germany. Korea and Babylon are good for turtle up and research. Rome and India are good empire builders. The Shoshone are great for an explosive start.

• A good city should be:
    Next to a river
    Not on a hill
    Near a luxury/strategic resource
    Not near tundra or flat desert, and not near a lot of mountains
    Either adjacent to the ocean or not near the ocean.

• Wonders to aim for are the Great Library, Pyramids, Hanging Gardens, Notre Dame, and Forbidden Palace.

• Once you get the hang of the game, turn off diplomatic victory if you want any challenge. The AI will never spend gold to befriend city-states, and you will be rolling in money after 3/4 of the game, making a diplomatic victory effortless.

• If a civ is geographically unable to attack you, declare war on them. The AI considers itself to be losing a war if it is not taking your cities. After a while it will offer peace; if you refuse at first the offers will become increasingly generous.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Kuros posted:

Building your starting character:

That's really long and unnecessarily detailed, unless the game outright doesn't bother explaining what each class does. "These are the recommended starting classes, these are not" should be enough.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Gynovore posted:

A while back, some dude asked for hints for Civilization V:

• A good city should be:
    Not on a hill

Wait, I thought it was good to start on a hill because it gives you an extra hammer? Or is that just Civ 6?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Taeke posted:

Wait, I thought it was good to start on a hill because it gives you an extra hammer? Or is that just Civ 6?
No, it does. Hills are generally considered very good places to settle, so I'm a bit confused as well.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Something that wasn't clear to me and might want to be added to Hades:

All region rewards are per-weapon, so switch weapons if you're stuck after a run to continue to get diamonds/titan blood. There's also a 20% darkness bonus on a randomly selected weapon to try and encourage these sorts of rotations.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Taeke posted:

The big downside to building on a hill is that you can't build the windmill improvement in that city later on, which can be a big hammer boost once you have the tech for it. It's a mid-game tech though so there's a question of an extra hammer early on where hammers are fairly rare, or more hammers later on when the multipliers start to become a really big thing.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Xander77 posted:

That's really long and unnecessarily detailed, unless the game outright doesn't bother explaining what each class does. "These are the recommended starting classes, these are not" should be enough.

When building a character, you are pretty much told: Pick a class, distribute stats, pick a couple extra skills and then you're thrown into the game.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Taerkar posted:

The big downside to building on a hill is that you can't build the windmill improvement in that city later on, which can be a big hammer boost once you have the tech for it. It's a mid-game tech though so there's a question of an extra hammer early on where hammers are fairly rare, or more hammers later on when the multipliers start to become a really big thing.
I tend to think that if you're not Austria then the windmill improvement tends not to have the staying power to make up for the boost that the extra hammer gives you, but that's a matter of personal preference.

Cardiovorax fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Nov 20, 2020

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Settling on a hill also gives your city a higher combat rating. Its not a huge deal but helps with barbarians and general city defense. It also allows archers in the city to fire over some hills and forests.

Keep in mind I play Civ 5 with a barabrian spawn rate mod that can overwhelm a civ in the ancient era. It wasn't uncommon in those games to find an AI capital city surrounded by a ring of barbarians 3 units deep with no health, and its been like that since turn 15 or whatever. Those AIs would still beat me to wonders like assholes.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Given it's a matter of strategy/preference for more experienced players (though I think the early boost is way more valuable considering how snowbally the game is) I'd take it out. Especially when keeping in mind it's meant for new players who will gain more from the early benefit than the mid game boost. You might want to put in the same doesn't go for tiles that give two or more food, though. Settling on a three food tile doesn't add to the food production over settling a one or two food tile, I'm pretty sure.

Eta: might also want to add that settling on bonus resources is a waste, but settling on certain luxery resources can be a good idea sometimes. For example, settling on hills with gold (iirc) can be a huge benefit because you get both the hammer and the gold (from the luxery) added to your city production without having to work the tile, while also instantly getting the luxery resource once you've researched the needed tech without having to build a mine on it first.

Taeke fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Nov 20, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Not enough of one that it should override long-term considerations like overall placement and good access to luxury resources, no.