Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

GreenNight posted:

Gonna be Sam and Deans kids fighting monsters decades after their dads retired and Chuck figured out a way to get sone power back through crossroad demons. Do I hear spin-off?

They can join forces with Bill & Ted's kids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I...didn't hate that. The dog was a hilarious dick move and I enjoyed Chuck getting increasingly frustrated that the Winchesters wouldn't stay down.

I am shocked that there's another episode though.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

GreenNight posted:

Gonna be Sam and Deans kids fighting monsters decades after their dads retired and Chuck figured out a way to get sone power back through crossroad demons. Do I hear spin-off?

This actually seems the most likely to me

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Crutch posted:

I spent years (YEARS) convinced that Dean would become the new Death at the end of the series. It all lines up.

I’m shocked this didn’t happen.

Oh poo poo, now I'm disappointed.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I hope they do something with that handprint Cas left on him.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Well I read spoilers in last months issue of EW and welp. It’s fine but not unexpected.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Chuck gets his powers backs, kills Dean, and forces Sam Into an alt reality where he’s a Texas ranger.

At the end of the second episode, Genghis Clarke Shows up and shoots Chuck try to save Raven, and now we’ve got a Western Themed supernatural show where they’re have to convince the cast of 100 to stop killing everyone.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Pillowpants posted:

Chuck gets his powers backs, kills Dean, and forces Sam Into an alt reality where he’s a Texas ranger.

At the end of the second episode, Genghis Clarke Shows up and shoots Chuck try to save Raven, and now we’ve got a Western Themed supernatural show where they’re have to convince the cast of 100 to stop killing everyone.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Yeah I cannot see how this wasn't the series finale. It was pretty perfect, minus Carry On at the beginning. Any coda now would take away from it. Maybe they'll finish up with a straight MOTW. That would be ballsy.

The last appearance of Lucifer with Pellegrino doing his usual was pretty awesome.

Tequila25
May 12, 2001
Ask me about tapioca.
I figure it's going to be like final two episodes of The Good Place (vague The Good Place ending spoilers)

The penultimate episode concludes the main storyline with a happy ending, and the last episode covers what eventually happens with the main characters.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
It will be a sudden bad ending followed by a surprise appearance by Wayne and Garth who rewind time and the second hour will just be a rerun of the pilot

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Tequila25 posted:

I figure it's going to be like final two episodes of The Good Place (vague The Good Place ending spoilers)

The penultimate episode concludes the main storyline with a happy ending, and the last episode covers what eventually happens with the main characters.

"Carry on, my wayward son
There'll be peace when you are done"

It could be nice to see them get to retire and enjoy the world they saved.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
"Lay your weary head to rest"
As they melt into stone guardians in the bunker for future hunters/men of letters to summon

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Tequila25 posted:

Yeah I hadn't read ahead and was shocked that was not the last episode. Felt like a good ending to a series half my age. Got to find somewhere to stream it as I don't want to wait another week or whenever.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

DogsInSpace! posted:

Yeah I hadn't read ahead and was shocked that was not the last episode. Felt like a good ending to a series half my age. Got to find somewhere to stream it as I don't want to wait another week or whenever.

Should be available Friday on cw.com? (I guess I have no idea what regional restrictions are in place there)

Deep into my Supernatural news binge today I found this delightful short that Jake Abel made in quarantine before filming his last episode. It owns:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6MaM_3fnYA

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

DogsInSpace! posted:

It's available midnight, I think EST maybe PST, on CW.com, if you don't mind ads.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

cool kids inc. posted:

It's available midnight, I think EST maybe PST, on CW.com, if you don't mind ads.
Have you had that avatar since you started? I swear I remember you from centuries ago just from that avatar.

I thought they were region blocking? Is it available for the UK? Guess I could stop being lazy and do some vpnning and whatnot. I kinda want to watch it tonight from the ease of my xbone. Thanks guys. It will be bittersweet to hear Carry On My Wayward Son with Sam and Dean for the last time. I think it's the last show from my teen years that was still going. It's fine and good that the show is ending on its own terms but I will still be sad to see it go.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

DogsInSpace! posted:

Have you had that avatar since you started? I swear I remember you from centuries ago just from that avatar.

I've had the same one basically since I joined. It was topical in 2005 with the movie coming out, and I'm just lazy as gently caress when it comes to changing it.

Thoroughly tickled to be remembered by it tho.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

https://twitter.com/mishacollins/status/1329568075054661633?s=20

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

I realized today that Chuck kinda got what he wanted with Lucifer and Michael's final battle: he wanted Sam and Dean, two brothers, to fight to the death. He got that with that final brotherly sniping ("Michael's a cuck!") and the stabbing. And appropriately, Sam and Dean were their Perfect Vessels.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Jim Beaver with a "Balls" hat on this retrospect is sending me

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Where the gently caress is my Carry On Wayward Son??????

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
You'll get it in episode.

Be patient.

All in all it was..........good. It went out probably as best as you could hope for.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
So.

You think they nailed that ending?

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I almost feel like I need some time to process it. Since they went for a true ending and not just some open ended MOTW style ep, I think this was probably the best way to go. I really really didn't want them to kill off the boys, and honestly it sucks to think after everything, Dean gets taken out by some fuckin rebar. Dean dies bloody and Sam gets to live out his life without him. It made me really sad.

You can just tell that COVID really hosed over the original version of this ep. I assume they planned to have a bunch of the former cast meet up with Dean in heaven. Also wonder if Eileen was going to be Sam's wife and not just some blurred out random woman? I'm glad they bothered to mention that Cass was not going to be in the Empty forever and it would have been great to see him again but ultimately it was an episode for the boys to have closure and it did that. I'm just not sure yet if I liked it or not.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I don't want to be mean or anything, but Tumblr has informed me that the car gets to go to heaven in the angel guy doesn't?

joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005
Dean dying bloody is ok in my book. It was a real ending and a hazzard of the job. Though it feels kinda cheap given that Cass died to save Dean. The only part that bothers me is random faceless woman for Sam. I did like seeing that the kid had the tattoo.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Carry On, My Wayward Son (stitched overalls cover)

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I have really really mixed feelings about that. On the one hand, I really feel like there's something appropriate about the mundane nature of the finale vis a vis what FINALLY took out Dean Winchester and whatnot, and it makes sense that Dean would die and Sam gets to live out his life because that's kinda always what was "meant to be", but the montage-y nature of it all was very disappointing and I could absolutely see why it (apparently) didn't sit well with Jensen at first.

I dunno, my snap reaction is "wow there were some good story beats in there but overall it was really bad", but we shall see if I warm up to it in time.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I still can't believe Jack didn't get rid of the monsters - or bring Eileen back to life. Did he just leave her off the list? Even if they couldn't get her back for the last episode, they could have used a photo to show she was still alive.

But seriously, the monster thing. Why? You could have just taken all the monsters and the magic away. It would have made so much more sense.

Pick posted:

I don't want to be mean or anything, but Tumblr has informed me that the car gets to go to heaven in the angel guy doesn't?
He's sort of implied to be there (maybe running the place?) but doesn't appear on screen.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I could absolutely see why it (apparently) didn't sit well with Jensen at first.

Literally my first thought after that scene, lol. I guess we could attribute Dean dying almost immediately after they kill God because they've lost their plot armor? It just felt so quick, they barely had any time to even enjoy the lives they were now in control of. After sleeping on it, I mostly just feel sad that it's ended, but it was a good ending.

Movie/reboot when

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I have to also acknowledge the poo poo tier wig and old man makeup job they did on Sam. It looked terrible even for the CW. I'm pretty sure middle aged Sam was just a wig with Jared frowning a bit. It got a laugh out of me while I was full on sobbing.

sd6
Jan 14, 2008

This has all been posted before, and it will all be posted again
When Dean was dying and telling Sam to stay with him, it was so bad and the death was so lame I thought it was a gag at first, like he was gonna go "nah im fine just loving with you." I was laughing during that whole scene.

That episode was so terrible, but honestly I can't be too mad. It was an awesome show overall and I will genuinely miss it

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Well I cried like a baby. I think it felt fitting to their characters given what they could do while filming in COVID-era. I think the fight that took Dean out could have been a little better, maybe something where he sacrifices himself to protect an innocent, but that’s a pretty small thing. It makes sense with Dean getting taken out in general since they’ve escaped death way more times than they needed to, and it always felt to me like Dean would go out fighting and then Sam would get to have the relatively normal life he was meant to. His son having the tattoo and both Sam then his son saying “You can go now” really got me (though the makeup was definitely not great).

Overall I’m glad they did it the way they did. Like The Good Place, getting an epilogue episode as the final one felt like it worked well and gave good closure. It’s gonna be weird not having this on anymore after 15 years. And of course getting CoMWS twice was some good closure as well.

Lay your weary head to rest boys, you deserve it

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

sd6 posted:

When Dean was dying and telling Sam to stay with him, it was so bad and the death was so lame I thought it was a gag at first, like he was gonna go "nah im fine just loving with you." I was laughing during that whole scene.
I thought it was real to begin with, but the longer it dragged on the more I suspected it might be a fake out. It just went on and on. At one point I started to wonder, if Sam had called an ambulance right away, could they have arrived by now? How far away is the nearest hospital?

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

I've seen good finales and bad finales, but that one just felt . . . unnecessary. They should have bucked CW trends and said "give us a 1.5 hour finale" because half of this episode tacked on directly to last week would have been PERFECT.

But I'm with the people saying you need some time to sit on it. There were good parts and bad parts but I can't come up with an overall preference just yet. Ultimately though, still left the episode happy and still going to miss seeing the boys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Jesus christ, fans bullied Jim Beaver off Twitter last night because they were mad Bobby was the only one in Heaven to greet Sam and Dean??? What the gently caress is wrong with this shows "fans"