Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

Whoreson Welles posted:

What the gently caress is with everyone’s roster? Is my luck that poo poo?

Sacrifice a goat to the pity timer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Whoreson Welles posted:

I’m there with you. I spent about the same as you and have Klee+Childe for 5* characters. I’ve been very pleased with Klee but I would really like Qiqi to go with her for melts (and make Liyue specialties easier to find).

Granted, my Klee is C1.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Whoreson Welles posted:

Nah dude, I pulled Klee from the character banner and Wolf's Gravestone off the standard banner and just a handful of other 4*s, almost always on pity. My luck has been half decent this week with a Bediou-3-star-Diona-Diona streak.

This banner is so mean because I still don't have a Ningguang and I really want 2 more Beidous for C4 but I just keep getting cat bartenders.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

SynthesisAlpha posted:

My luck has been half decent this week with a Bediou-3-star-Diona-Diona streak.

This banner is so mean because I still don't have a Ningguang and I really want 2 more Beidous for C4 but I just keep getting cat bartenders.

Yeah this is me at the moment too, I pulled two diona in a row yesterday and 4 total since the banner came out across maybe 25 wishes. I just want one more Beidou for C4 since she's pretty much my main at this stage.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
As was stated earlier, most people are only going to have two 5-stars if they've been F2P by this point. A third, or more, is basically being lucky at this point or having done a lot of work in finding every last primogem possible.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

How long will it take for a character who already had a banner to have another one?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Nah dude, I pulled Klee from the character banner and Wolf's Gravestone off the standard banner and just a handful of other 4*s, almost always on pity. My luck has been half decent this week with a Bediou-3-star-Diona-Diona streak.

Give me some; I started with none of the banner characters, and now I have C3 Ningguang, C2 Beidou, and Tartaglia, but no Diona still. After that last pull I don't know if I want to keep pulling or just start saving for the next one, though Diona was the character I wanted most from this banner.

The Shortest Path posted:

How long will it take for a character who already had a banner to have another one?

We have no idea. Game hasn't been out long enough. Closest thing we know of is that Razor was in the starglitter exchange last month and next month will (probably) be on the banner, but those are separate things so we can't really make assumptions there.

4* characters will probably get banners more often than 5* ones, just due to the number featured, though; they'll need to stop introducing 5* characters for a while if they're ever going to feature older ones again.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Nov 20, 2020

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Whoreson Welles posted:

What the gently caress is with everyone's roster? Is my luck that poo poo?

F2P and no 5* characters here, unless you count the Traveler. I think I might have made the mistake of using some of my primogems to roll on the standard banner, but all I have to show for that is a single Wolf's Gravestone. :rolldice:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Technically speaking there's always that 0.6% chance of just nabbing a 5* before the pity starts scaling up so if people win the lottery they can end up ahead of the curve.

I've had moments of weakness and spent some money here and there and I'm sitting on three 5* units; Venti, Diluc, and Tartaglia. I'm pretty boned on getting Zhongli unless I end up hitting that lottery chance *and* the 50% odds swing in my favor.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

The Shortest Path posted:

I think it's incredibly unlikely, tbh. We've got like the next ten characters or so datamined and the game seems to be following a pretty strict progression based on story. So until we reach the end of this arc, I don't think we're going to see any repeat 5* banners unless that character becomes important again.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

If it's like other gacha games they could potentially do rerun banners in the future, perhaps in tandem with the usual premium/weapon/standard banners or as it's own premium during a content lull. But like most gacha games it will probably be a pretty significantly long gap between a character's release and a rerun.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

CJ posted:

It's the opposite, you get a lot more at the start from quests, abyss and opening all the chests in the world. After that you are down to the 60 per day from dailies and whatever they give you for events.

I started about a week after launch and from spending no money this is what i have.

(2 Venti, 3 Sucrose, 2 Chongyun, 3 Noelle, 4 Fischl, 5 Xiangling, 3 barbara, 1 Klee, 1 Qiqi, 1 Diluc, 1 Diona, 1 Ningguang, 1 Beidou)

Ok that's an insane roster for F2P. Fuckin FIVE 5*?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Technically speaking there's always that 0.6% chance of just nabbing a 5* before the pity starts scaling up so if people win the lottery they can end up ahead of the curve.

I've had moments of weakness and spent some money here and there and I'm sitting on three 5* units; Venti, Diluc, and Tartaglia. I'm pretty boned on getting Zhongli unless I end up hitting that lottery chance *and* the 50% odds swing in my favor.

Same, re: Moments of weakness, and with that, Welkin, and some really good luck I'm at five 5* pulls; Jean late but before 90, Venti about 30 or 35 pulls after that, Mona in my first 10 pull on Klee's banner, Klee much later, and now Tartaglia at 76, all at C0. I've also done only 6 weapon banner rolls ever and have stuck with Acquaint Fate for the standard banner, so basically everything of mine has been concentrated on the character banner.

Nuebot posted:

I think it's incredibly unlikely, tbh. We've got like the next ten characters or so datamined and the game seems to be following a pretty strict progression based on story. So until we reach the end of this arc, I don't think we're going to see any repeat 5* banners unless that character becomes important again.

I was thinking about this possibility too, which makes me wonder what they're going to do for banner characters whose banners aren't coming back. I'm betting we'll get "wild" constellation upgrades eventually, for people lucky enough to get the characters, but for people who don't have them at all, is that just going to be it?

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Nov 20, 2020

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
No wait gently caress this dude

Avynte posted:

0$, no rerolls, but started a couple days after release. Very average imo

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Quetzadilla posted:

Thank you everyone. I’m glad to know I’m not alone with everyone posting these 4 or 5 (or 6) 5* rosters.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Roland Jones posted:

I was thinking about this possibility too, which makes me wonder what they're going to do for banner characters whose banners aren't coming back. I'm betting we'll get "wild" constellation upgrades eventually, for people lucky enough to get the characters, but for people who don't have them at all, is that just going to be it?

I imagine after the story reaches its climax we're going to start getting repeat banners during the gap of content between then and the next big overarching update. Alternatively they might do what Honkai Impact has done and eventually just start overloading us with banners. Honkai Impact now has the New Character banner which focuses on the new character and their new equipment, two "focused" banners which switch frequently, the perpetual standard banner and a separate Event banner, sometimes multiple.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I was wondering about this. Since I lucked out big time and got Keqing within like 10 rolls of getting Childe, does that mean my next 5* on the limited banner is guaranteed to be the banner servant? Like, did Keqing use up my next 5* "slot"? If so that's really handy and means I don't have to worry about getting someone else on the Zhongli banner (well, if I get anyone at all, which is pretty doubtful since I don't think I'll have enough to hit the pity).

Saxophone posted:

People have said so already but the two things that stood out most in helping me is

1) invest in artifacts, even if they're blue. Don't go nuts, but there's nothing wrong with getting them up a bit, 90% of that xp will transfer into the next thing you use. Also, upgrade those feathers! Those plus...

2) weapons! Upgrade them and keep them as high as you can. A 4 star is a massive upgrade over a 3 star and woof.

The artifacts are really the biggest thing that probably go neglected. It makes an absolutely massive difference if you use artifacts that give stats that increase your character's effective attack, and someone can end up with a really weak character if they have defensive stats on all the artifacts that can spawn different stats and don't properly level up their feather artifact.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Nov 20, 2020

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nuebot posted:

I imagine after the story reaches its climax we're going to start getting repeat banners during the gap of content between then and the next big overarching update. Alternatively they might do what Honkai Impact has done and eventually just start overloading us with banners. Honkai Impact now has the New Character banner which focuses on the new character and their new equipment, two "focused" banners which switch frequently, the perpetual standard banner and a separate Event banner, sometimes multiple.

If they do more banners at once, I wonder how the pity system will handle it. Simplest way I guess is separate ones for each different "type", but then the question is what does the current character event banner become? I suppose "New Character" would be most likely since that's what it effectively is already.

Ytlaya posted:

I was wondering about this. Since I lucked out big time and got Keqing within like 10 rolls of getting Childe, does that mean my next 5* on the limited banner is guaranteed to be the banner servant? Like, did Keqing use up my next 5* "slot"? If so that's really handy and means I don't have to worry about getting someone else on the Zhongli banner (well, if I get anyone at all, which is pretty doubtful since I don't think I'll have enough to hit the pity).

Yep, your next one is guaranteed to be a banner character, unless everything we know is wrong. Start saving up for Zhongli.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Quetzadilla posted:

Yeah, i only hit pity for the first 5* which was pull 80 (they all came from the event banner). I am at 171 pulls for event banner and 36 for standard. The more interesting part for the guy i was replying to is the amount of 4*s as those are more consistant.

Also this was the craziest part:

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

Feels like the gatcha gives more characters only when you run out of mats to level and ascend them. I've been treading water in AR5 with Xiangling, Fish, Mona, Barbara and after some lucky pulls I'm now trying to figure out how to slot in Childe, Diona, and Xingqiu.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Across 86 total pulls since starting (mostly on Klee/Childe, but including normal/noelle banners) I've got a Diluc and a Childe, so one of the best 5* and the dummy prize. Also 2 Diona, 2 Noelle, 2 Ningguang, Xingqui, Beidou, Fischl. Got a Rust and plenty of 4* trash weapons. Sometimes luck just isn't on your side.

When the Bennet banner drops and I burn all my rolls I'll probably walk away with a C6 Amber.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
Everyone blithely dropping screenshots of their "about average" f2p rosters with over half the 5*s in the game acquired

Meanwhile it took me like 130 rolls for Venti to come home and be my second 5* after Qiqi and I'm grimly staring at my dragon's horde of primogems as it grows incredibly slowly and doing the math on the inevitable 150-180 rolls it will take to get Zhongli

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.
The only 5* I have at the moment is Diluc. Think that's after rolling 110-120 times on the character banner.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

kater posted:

Dear everyone saying you can’t do it: geo loves you and wants to be your friend and every reaction drops shields and you aren’t interrupted when you have a shield.

Man you're not kidding, it's also worth noting that Noelle's sword during her ult is big, covers a wide area, and does a lot of damage.

Pairing her up with Ningguang to charge her it has worked so well, plus the wall blocks projectiles.

Even without her, though, Noelle's shield is very good.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Rerolled until I got Venti and have 10k primos saved up while only needing 40 rolls on event banner to to hit pity for guaranteed event char. Have only bought a single welkin and the first BP. I'm really tempted to try for Ninguang but I don't really like Childe so I'm holding off.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

Whoreson Welles posted:

I have one 5 star, and that was my pity Tartaglia.

RNG man. :sigh:

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

5*s are for nerds. I'm all about those 4* constellations. C5 Ningguang, C5 Fischl, C5 Barbara, C4 Xiangling. Really hoping for one more dupe on those C5s. Childe seems cool but if I could choose between him vs another Ningguang, I would go Ningguang 100%. Not going to roll on Zhongli's banner because while I do want him, I don't care about the 4*s he's attached to.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
What we are seeing here might a selection bias for F2P players. Regardless if they rerolled or not, the ones who likely kept playing and are willing to show their collection are the ones with quite a few 5*

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

god drat some of y'all got good luck. I'm slowly limping from pity to pity even for 4*s.
Just my Wolf sword and Qiqi

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Arbitrary Number posted:

I use Diona's shield to go a little faster.

Don't know if it is overall but I'm zoomin

Very nice username/avatar

Unrelated but I really want Ning's c1, but have already pulled Diona and 3 Beidous :negative:

I should probably just save up for the next banner since I don't want Tartaglia I guess

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I just got to ar45 and Stormterror dropped two talent mats

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
One bigger pack and the Welkins is what got me these. The green number is the amount of Constellations they have. Also have both of the 5* Spears. Kinda wish one of them was anything else since I had a 3 Refine Crescent Pike before pulling either of them

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MotU fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Nov 20, 2020

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Vargs posted:

5*s are for nerds. I'm all about those 4* constellations. C5 Ningguang, C5 Fischl, C5 Barbara, C4 Xiangling. Really hoping for one more dupe on those C5s. Childe seems cool but if I could choose between him vs another Ningguang, I would go Ningguang 100%. Not going to roll on Zhongli's banner because while I do want him, I don't care about the 4*s he's attached to.

I feel like the rarity difference (for characters) matters significantly less in this game than in many other gacha games due to power being heavily derived from equipment (weapon + artifacts). So even if the characters' base stats are a bit higher, a single artifact being somewhat better/worse could probably make up that difference.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
F2P, started 9/30, no reroll, Diluc on first beginner pull, Jean a week later, Klee from banner on pity, Keqing a week later.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I'm f2p, no rerolls, started near the beginning. I've got Mona and Qiqi and a bunch of 4*s.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

i spent 100 rolls on the klee banner and got 0 noelles. this is lucksack salt mining. mods???

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

i spent 100 rolls on the klee banner and got 0 noelles. this is lucksack salt mining. mods???

I got a full constellation for my level 3 Noelle. The gacha Gods work in mysterious ways.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

They should really just stuff the banner people into the permanent banner after they've had their time in the sun

Otherwise they will never get around to rerunning people. Make the early adopter purpose getting the 5* character early, or easier. The current purpose being of able to get the character at all is very lame.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I have Venti and Qiqi as my 5* units. f2p aside from buying the first battle pass.

I do have a c5 fish (6 soon!) and a c4 Xiangling though so my 4* luck has been very good.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Nov 20, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Here, have a roster that actually looks fairly loving normal. I've even bought two welkin moons and a BP pass: