Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Is that the silent hill collection where they removed the fog effects from 2?
Yes. It's a real shame they fixed up the PS3 version and not the 360 one because it's such a faff to get my honking great PS3 out.

Also annoying that I locked myself out of a couple of 360 silent hill games with the series S because they're disc only. Goddamnit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

doingitwrong posted:

Same thing happening to me also in the US. It is baffling to me how bad both console makers are at selling us the hardware they’ve spent years getting ready to sell. I don’t mean producing and shipping. That’s a whole other thing. But just the basic act of having accurate delivery windows and clear communication about the status of our orders.

I know for MS it's because it's built into their overall Windows Store, which seems to be primarily designed for digital purchases and thus sucks at this. It is amazing how bad it is though. I at first felt relieved to get one directly from MS, thinking they'd be the least likely to gently caress this up, but here we are.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
Deadly Premonition is back on the US store!

Just bought it via the XBOX store app on the console

Someone convince Digital Foundry to do a Switch/Series X comparison.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/deadly-premonition/c2pnzw9rv706?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Also it's amazing to buy a 360 BC game for $4 and the DLC for it is still full price. Go check out Dragon's Age for a good laugh.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Akuma posted:

Yes. It's a real shame they fixed up the PS3 version and not the 360 one because it's such a faff to get my honking great PS3 out.

Also annoying that I locked myself out of a couple of 360 silent hill games with the series S because they're disc only. Goddamnit.

I didn't know they fixed either version. That's really weird. Did they not have anyone good enough with HLSL??

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Not bad, but loving lol at only the XB1 version of NBA 2K21 getting discounted (the next gen and Black Mamba Forever cross-gen bundle get no discount, and you can't do a paid upgrade from PS4/XB1 to PS5/Series).

Also at least in Canada the EA Spworts stuff is on sale 50% off on disc. Investing in the consoles with disc drives is already paying for itself.

univbee fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Nov 20, 2020

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ghostinmyshell posted:

Also it's amazing to buy a 360 BC game for $4 and the DLC for it is still full price. Go check out Dragon's Age for a good laugh.

Getting all the DLC for Mass Effect 3 on Xbox store is more expensive than buying Mass Effect 3 on PS3, Xbox, WiiU and then buying Mass Effect Andromeda combined.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

I didn't know they fixed either version. That's really weird. Did they not have anyone good enough with HLSL??
The story is they got given an out of date archive of the game which wasn't the final release, I believe.

As someone who's business is ports I can tell you this happens ALL the time (it's happened to me several times.)

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

My Series X just arrived, exactly 44 hours after pressing the order button on the MS site. Did not expect this at all.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

John F Bennett posted:

My Series X just arrived, exactly 44 hours after pressing the order button on the MS site. Did not expect this at all.
What are you waiting for? Start powering your dreams, friend.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

John F Bennett posted:

Don't let isci see this post lol.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
I find myself using the Xbox more than I expected, bouncing between Yakuza: Like a Dragon, previous gen games, and Game Pass stuff. My first week with the console has been nothing but positive. Well, aside from my decision to try Anthem.

Also, an unexpected benefit: My tv is a cheap TCL that technically does HDR but does so poorly, with no way to disable HDR outright. It's an excellent tv otherwise, but that one flaw can be a pain. By using the Xbox for all my streaming and media playback I can finally watch 4K content with HDR toggled off.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

I think they skipped patching the Xbox version because patching cost a fee or some such nonsense from MS at the time so if you bought the 360 version you're stuck with the busted version.

I played it on PS3 after it was patched and only ever hit a couple of glitches.

I'm pretty sure SH2 PC is abandonware at this point and someone has been working on a HD patch for it.

No idea about SH3 pc but SH4 is on GOG now which is....something. It's a real bad game.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

joylessdivision posted:

I think they skipped patching the Xbox version because patching cost a fee or some such nonsense from MS at the time so if you bought the 360 version you're stuck with the busted version.

I'm pretty sure SH2 PC is abandonware at this point and someone has been working on a HD patch for it.

No idea about SH3 pc but SH4 is on GOG now which is....something. It's a real bad game.
As a game you play SH4 ain't great but it sure has some great spooky atmosphere. A lot of it is probably a lot less novel now though.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

joylessdivision posted:

From what I remember, developers got one free patch on 360 and then each additional patch was $10,000. Konami basically walked away from SHHD.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

John F Bennett posted:

I am happy for you, but that is some serious horseshit as well to see this when I ordered mine from MS Store on November 9th and still don't have my console.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I said come in! posted:

I am happy for you, but that is some serious horseshit as well to see this when I ordered mine from MS Store on November 9th and still don't have my console.

I'm from Europe so I guess it's different.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

John F Bennett posted:

I'm from Europe so I guess it's different.

That would be it. :negative: The inventory situation in America is completely hosed.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The second charge for my Nov 9th order fell off last night. I’d rather they’d just keep the money than them do the four days on and three days off thing.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

On the PS4, I can turn on my headset and the TV goes quiet and all the sound comes through the headset. Is that seriously not an option on the series X? I can just turn the TV down, but this is the future, the console should do that for me.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

hatty posted:

The second charge for my Nov 9th order fell off last night. I’d rather they’d just keep the money than them do the four days on and three days off thing.

The charges being periodically renewed is literally the only sign I have that they haven’t forgotten the order completely, so I am grateful for them, no matter how clumsy.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

The Diddler posted:

On the PS4, I can turn on my headset and the TV goes quiet and all the sound comes through the headset. Is that seriously not an option on the series X? I can just turn the TV down, but this is the future, the console should do that for me.

I'd call that more freedom of choice than the PS4's solution. You can just press the mute button; meanwhile you can't make audio go to both a headset and the HDMI at the same time on the PS4 even if you want to.

But I suppose having an option to auto-mute the HDMI if a headset is detected would be nice.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

The Diddler posted:

The option would certainly be nice, but the current PS implementation means it's impossible to use the headset and stream at the same time, which is much worse than just having to turn the TV down.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

The Diddler posted:

I mean on my One X when I turn on my headset (RIG 800), the audio stops coming out of the TV... so surely it's an option somewhere.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Zat posted:

I'd call that more freedom of choice than the PS4's solution. You can just press the mute button; meanwhile you can't make audio go to both a headset and the HDMI at the same time on the PS4 even if you want to.

Also the Xbox allows you to output binaural sound through HDMI so you can use your receiver's headphone amp.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

American McGay posted:

The option would certainly be nice, but the current PS implementation means it's impossible to use the headset and stream at the same time, which is much worse than just having to turn the TV down.
Yeah I can't capture footage from PlayStations through HDMI if I want to use headphones and that blows.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

BonoMan posted:

I mean on my One X when I turn on my headset (RIG 800), the audio stops coming out of the TV... so surely it's an option somewhere.

I've also got a RIG800, but I wasn't able to find anything when digging through the menus yesterday.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
Deadly Premonition loads so fast on the Series X I can't read the loading tips.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Turns out Steep is the hit in our house. I had never played it but have always been a big fan of SSX. Looking forward to riders republic now despite how obnoxious it looks.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
Man I really regret getting AC: Valhalla for the Series X instead of the PS5. Ubisoft really phoned it in - insane screen tearing, it's crashed right out to the dash numerous times and I've had 2 corrupted saves so I'm juggling save files like crazy just in case. All of that in addition to nearly AC:Unity levels of jank in the game. Really loving bad port, if anyone else is thinking of it then hold off for awhile.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ubisoft absolutely loving suck

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I've been trying not to buy stuff from the rape company and fortunately they haven't made that difficult.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Coming from the PS4, this controller is very clicky. But I like the haptics in the triggers, that's new for me.

So far I've subscribed to GPU and I love the selection of games in there. About 80% of my PS4 library is in there so I guess I shouldn't have gone to PS4 coming from the 360.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

PS4 had good games tho

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

John F Bennett posted:

Coming from the PS4, this controller is very clicky. But I like the haptics in the triggers, that's new for me.

One of my clients called while I was playing fortnite and asked "what's that clicking noise?" and I had to explain that my keyboard was acting up.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
I hope Ubisoft will do some more performance tuning for the XSX but lol that it appears that barely tried.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

otter posted:

One of my clients called while I was playing fortnite and asked "what's that clicking noise?" and I had to explain that my keyboard was acting up.

My old cellphone prior to 3G would create the most awful interference on our phones whenever I was dealing with customers, "weird, I don't hear anything" would be my standard response as I'd continue reading whatever crap while they waffled on.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Gunslinger posted:

Man I really regret getting AC: Valhalla for the Series X instead of the PS5. Ubisoft really phoned it in - insane screen tearing, it's crashed right out to the dash numerous times and I've had 2 corrupted saves so I'm juggling save files like crazy just in case. All of that in addition to nearly AC:Unity levels of jank in the game. Really loving bad port, if anyone else is thinking of it then hold off for awhile.

Don't feel too bad, the PS5, and PC versions are both ultra buggy too. This game was rushed out the door. It seriously needed another few months of bug fixing and Q&A. Near the end of development the entire main team imploded due to massive abuse / harassment scandal that involved key leadership on the game leaving UBISoft. So the development was a shitshow.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
Ubisoft game quality

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

EL BROMANCE posted:

My old cellphone prior to 3G would create the most awful interference on our phones whenever I was dealing with customers, "weird, I don't hear anything" would be my standard response as I'd continue reading whatever crap while they waffled on.

I remember a guy at the computer store I worked at would keep his cell phone on the table I worked at because it was close to the front counter. We always knew when he was getting a text or call because the PC speakers near it would go nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

otter posted:

Front yard lemonade stands have phone lines now?