Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Goon lack (enough primogems)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Rexicon1 posted:

Seriously though. What is a Genshin

The kanji is 原神.

原 means original/primitive/unrefined. 神 is god.

Genshin is the Chinese derived reading reading of it in Japanese, so i am assuming the Chinese reading is similar. Since it's a Chinese game i'm not sure if they use the Japanese pronunciation in China or they just used the Japanese pronunciation in English.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

Constellation-wise, aside from Childe p much everyone is either 1 or 2, with a couple at 0. Beidou is apparently at 3 though.

I most run Childe and Razor as my level 70 dps, (AR 38) with Barbara for heals and Xiangling as a backup/I need to set something on fire. Once I can get her a good bow I'll probably replace her with Diona.

matryx
Jul 22, 2005

I think I just had an evilgasm...

Whoreson Welles posted:

At the request of my heart, can we stop posting rosters for a few pages? Or at least stop acting humble and referring to rosters with 4+ pulled 5*s as “normal” or “average”?

Either way, I am also hoarding all gems for TOTALLYNOTREXLAPIS.

Probably worth noting that a lot of these are from the character archive page, which shows everyone. The darker/duller ones aren't in the roster.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

matryx posted:

Probably worth noting that a lot of these are from the character archive page, which shows everyone. The darker/duller ones aren't in the roster.

Yeah, looking at the rosters posted, most of them seem to fall in the boundaries of where I'd expect to see people at depending on rerolls and/or money spent. Obviously a small amount of outlying, but hey 0.6% isn't zero and obviously people will be at different spots in their pity timers.

Avynte fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Nov 20, 2020

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Pierson posted:

Looks like my account got hacked or phished because I logged on this afternoon to all my primogems gone and the records saying they all got rolled away on the permanent banner at 5am today. Angry obviously but also slightly baffled that's literally all they did. Didn't even delete my weapons, artifacts or any other mischief, just logged on, rolled, and logged off.

I really hope they add 2FA soon.

Do you reuse passwords between sites? That how they got into my ebay account. I switched to a password keeper, but forgot i had an ebay and didn't update it.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Framboise posted:

also mark me as clearly one of the only people who actually likes tartaglia

I pulled him and I absolutely love him. I'm running Tart/Baedou/Fish/Xinqiu and just obliterating things. Ults come up super fast, Baedou grinds through shields and does amazing AoE burst, gets 'em all electricy and then switch to Tartaglia and "DAGGERS GO BRRRRR" and watch everything just melt in front of me.

Plus his bow set is amazing for when a mob is knocked way back with a sliver of health, just pop to Tart, pew pew, dead, switch back.

Also someone pointed out that the last hit of his bow combo is just him straight up throwing an arrow and I can't unsee it and it absolutely rules.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Avynte posted:

Yeah, looking at the rosters posted, most of them seem to fall in the boundaries of where I'd expect to see people at depending on rerolls and/or money spent. Obviously a small amount of outlying, but hey 0.6% isn't zero and obviously people will be at different spots in their pity timers.

As someone who's only bought one Welkin Blessing I have 3 5*s which seems very normal. 1 from rerolling, 2 from pity. Absolutely guaranteed to have that many as long as you did the minor amount of work to reroll and didn't do something really silly like equally spread all of your rolls between all banners. Lucking out a bit and getting a 4th off the 0.6% chance by this point isn't crazy at all. 5+ 5* characters is where it starts getting into significant luck/whaling.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Wait so I can assign characters to missions and and use them in my party at the same time? What in the gently caress I’ve been skipping out on doing them cause “maybe I need to use this character for some obscure reason, just in case” and only sending them out at night for 12 hours. This makes no sense.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Boris Galerkin posted:

Wait so I can assign characters to missions and and use them in my party at the same time? What in the gently caress I’ve been skipping out on doing them cause “maybe I need to use this character for some obscure reason, just in case” and only sending them out at night for 12 hours. This makes no sense.

....loving seriously?

God DAMMIT.

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch
I really hope the overall number of 4 star characters released higher than the 5 stars at least.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Why's everyone so hot to Zhongli? He's a spear user and geo element? One of the most boring combinations

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Boris Galerkin posted:

they used to be unavailable during expeditions but 1.1 removed that restriction yeah. finally makes character expedition passives useful since you don't have to handicap yourself by sending out Fischl/Bennett for more frequent ore runs.

UltraRed posted:

Why's everyone so hot to Zhongli? He's a spear user and geo element? One of the most boring combinations

he's hot, op

also probably a fine phys/geo support even if he doesn't end up a strong DPS

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Boris Galerkin posted:

Only since 1.1, so you were right before that

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

UltraRed posted:

He's sexy as hell.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

People want to kiss the boy, believe it or not

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Tamba posted:

Only since 1.1, so you were right before that

I don’t think I unlocked expeditions until after 1.1 :v:

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

matryx posted:

You just lowered my blood pressure. I had no idea there was a character archive page, I thought I just had horrendous luck. Thank you.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Boris Galerkin posted:

You didn't used to be able to, but now you can. It was a quality of life change in 1.1. You could already use mission characters in the Spiral Abyss, just not the rest of content.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

UltraRed posted:

https://old.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/j60qur/new_character_attack_animation_zhongli/

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

I'm sold, that's so dope

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I am greatly enjoying the attack animations whenever they kick their weapons to do more attacks.

Now implement one of those for a catalyst user.

Selane
May 19, 2006

Framboise posted:

To be fair, I kind of understand this. I too was in the "lol I don't give a poo poo about stupid-rear end Childe" club until I accidentally(was fishing for Ning dupes and maybe a Diona)got him from the first ten pull I did on his banner. Then after playing him for like five minutes I was like YEAHHH BOII and he's my second main dps now. He actually rules. He's basically a bow character with none of the drawbacks they normally have. So it's not like he's my true husbando or whatever but gameplay-wise he is cool.

Too bad Zhongli is the exact opposite, he's the coolest dude but I like Ningguang way too much so he has no place on my teams.

edit: Full disclosure: my (non-bad)hydro character situation wasn't great to begin with, I don't have Mona and Xingqiu is literally the only 4* in the game I don't have

Selane fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Nov 20, 2020

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
You may really want to run Ninguang with Zhong Li because he's an ult bot.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Ibblebibble posted:

I am greatly enjoying the attack animations whenever they kick their weapons to do more attacks.

Now implement one of those for a catalyst user.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

The changes to expeditions are definitely needed but I can't help but feel like the passives need changing a bit, I don't care if a couple of my expeditions will finish sooner when I'm not going to bother to check the results until they've all finished. They should give a bonus to the items received instead or something

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Mr Snips posted:

The changes to expeditions are definitely needed but I can't help but feel like the passives need changing a bit, I don't care if a couple of my expeditions will finish sooner when I'm not going to bother to check the results until they've all finished. They should give a bonus to the items received instead or something

Agreed. it's actually annoying when one's finished and the others will be back in 2 hours.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Mr Snips posted:

idk, I have Keqing + Bennett + Fischl and it's honestly pretty nice having all of my ore expeditions take less time. Certainly beats talents like "20% slower swimming stamina consumption" or "12% chance to double the received amount of certain foods that you will never use".

Selane
May 19, 2006

Vargs posted:

idk, I have Keqing + Bennett + Fischl and it's honestly pretty nice having all of my ore expeditions take less time. Certainly beats talents like "20% slower swimming stamina consumption" or "12% chance to double the received amount of certain foods that you will never use".

Hey, Beidou has definitely saved me from drowning at least once. :saddowns:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it would annoy me if i didn't have enough to cover every ore mission but none of the other ones matter so i can't bother to care that my mora or meat is redeeming out of sync. shorter timers mean several days where i'm getting ore twice which is too nice to pass up.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I own all 4 of those characters. It's a nice passive, I dont think it should change it's really good as is.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Need more characters with sprint stamina reduction. Other than that, passives are good

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Razor is best boy with the stamina reduction for sprinting

That and being able to blow up multiple crystal mining nodes with his hold skill makes him top tier for overworld

Plus he doesn't talk much

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Whoreson Welles posted:

What the gently caress is with everyone’s roster? Is my luck that poo poo?

You are not alone. AR 46, played from the first week, 2 welkin and 2 battlepass and this is all I have:

Not pictured: 7 extra copies of barbara, 6 xiangling, 7 bells, every favonius weapon in the game and a lot of sacrificial swords and greatswords.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Framboise posted:

Me too friend. He's incredibly dope and fun. :hfive:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Xingqiu? Childe?

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Got C6 on Ningguang today, Jade Screen -> Ult -> Jade Screen -> charged attack /w 7x Star Jades is some insane burst damage. :haw:

Some Numbers posted:

Xingqiu? Childe?

Childe, but also amazing on Mona if you ever get her.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

Xingqiu? Childe?

with hp% substat it's a bit better on xingqiu for his heal

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Some Numbers posted:

Xingqiu? Childe?
If you dont own any other 5* hydro goblets put it on whoever you rely on more. For me that's childe. My Xingqiu will get it afterwards if I ever pull a better one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I don't have Mona and both Childe and Xingqiu are currently level 1.

Maybe just feed it to another artifact?