Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Atrocious Joe posted:

how does Hispanic not include Portuguese speakers. Portugal is part of the peninsula the Romans called Hispania

Because thats where España came from and Portugal was and is independent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Taintrunner posted:

the idea behind One Billion Americans is that it's the only way to generate enough people loving braindead enough to pay to read Matty's slop

:hmmyes:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Atrocious Joe posted:

how does Hispanic not include Portuguese speakers. Portugal is part of the peninsula the Romans called Hispania

its hilarious, also i want americans to just start going you know what, spain controlled parts of the usa, therefore all of the usa is now hispanic. this gets extra fun with the phillipines

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

mastershakeman posted:

its hilarious, also i want americans to just start going you know what, spain controlled parts of the usa, therefore all of the usa is now hispanic. this gets extra fun with the phillipines

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

hobbesmaster posted:

Because thats where España came from and Portugal was and is independent.

Way to erase the Union of Iberia under the Habsburgs

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

how about “ibero americans”

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

mastershakeman posted:

Italy, the Low Countries, and Austria are all Hispanic

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

this discussion is moot because if you go back far enough everything is either finnish or korean

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Atrocious Joe posted:

Way to erase the Union of Iberia under the Habsburgs

the portugese kinda erased that one themselves

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Taintrunner posted:

the idea behind One Billion Americans is that it's the only way to generate enough people loving braindead enough to pay to read Matty's slop

turns out the whole thesis may have just been a (failed) marketing ploy

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1329773321957875715?s=21

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

StashAugustine posted:

if the republicans were smart they'd have mailed everyone checks in late october but we're ruled by morons

They got everything they wanted out of Trump and now they get to pin the collapse on Biden and ride it to total control of everything in 2022 and 2024. Things worked out as well as they possibly could have for the republic party.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
I think Ginsberg dying and ACB getting pushed through early ended the possibility of another round of Trump checks. Trump became expendable after that.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Taintrunner posted:

lol. not thinking Wall Street should dominate your life is racist now

Odd that they want to remove the lobbyist ban though.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

StashAugustine posted:

Italy, the Low Countries, and Austria are all Hispanic

the reefs off Ireland that the armada shipwrecked on, that’s Hispanic too.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Nothus posted:

I think Ginsberg dying and ACB getting pushed through early ended the possibility of another round of Trump checks. Trump became expendable after that.

the fact that the GOP didn't string along the chuds w/r/t their new justice appointment until after the vote really does prove how little of a poo poo the elites give whether the POTUS is Trump or Biden

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Nothus posted:

I actually think that Ginsberg dying was the only chance to get checks that we really got, and Trump just didn't realize it because he didn't realize that McConnell wanted him to lose. I think Mitch would have given checks for a SC justice, but there wasn't really any other situation where he would have

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003
Gonna start calling italian americans "latinos", watch the fireworks

edit: on latinx chat, I maintain that it was never meant to be spoken and existed purely as an academic writing term. But there was a massive game of telephone involving half remembered undergrad lectures, twitter, etc, and that context was lost. For a gender neutral term for latino, Real Academia Espanola was considering "Latine", but I think that got shot down. Also latin america routinely gives the finger to RAE, and each new world spanish variant is functionally a creole w native languages (nahuatl, mixtec, mapuche, maya, quechua, etc) so ymmv

Grimoire has issued a correction as of 19:28 on Nov 20, 2020

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

gonna start calling sephardim ladinxs

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

matty's gonna finish his book about how we need a billion black lives matter protests just in time for 2024 when the hot button election topic will be cold war with China

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Crusty Nutsack posted:

There's been a lot of this lately, and interforum drama sucks. We'll be squashing this poo poo more when we see it, so knock it off, nerds! :siren:

loving lol

who even are you

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

loving lol

who even are you

No talking about the D&D cspam rules in D&D cspam. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/MotherJones/status/1329834432648318978?s=19

Lol its the loving founder of OTPOR, the original CIA backed Color Revolution

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

vox is over

https://twitter.com/ezraklein/status/1329853360258748416?s=21

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Atrocious Joe posted:

Latin America is essentially the "race science" capital of the world with all of its cooky definitions and gatekeeping of identity and ethnicity.

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

wow cant wait to see him failing to edit his poo poo on substack

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

loquacius posted:

gonna start calling sephardim ladinxs

my poor grandma would look at me in disgust if i even said that

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

https://www.immigroup.com/news/100-million-people-canada-2100

I'm pretty he saw the one hundred million Canadians by 2100 paper by that Canadian group and just crossed out Canada and wrote in USA.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

loving lol

who even are you

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
so CSPAM has to be a subforum of D&D, but you can't talk about D&D in CSPAM or the D&D mods will come in and probate you for it

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Vim Fuego posted:

so CSPAM has to be a subforum of D&D, but you can't talk about D&D in CSPAM or the D&D mods will come in and probate you for it

Apparently so lol

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Vim Fuego posted:

I get why they don't like being made fun of, but why do they have to be so performative about doing the things that people make fun of them for? A little subtlety goes a long way.

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Oh... oh no

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also D&D is allowed to come in and stir poo poo up when they feel like it also they’re allowed to whinge about CSPAM, which isn’t allowed to backtalk. totally normal and not at all birdbrained

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Vim Fuego posted:

you see, the QCS, D&D, and cSPAM ecosystem is intentionally metaphorical to real life

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

yo those fuckin dungeons and dragons people are huge succ rear end losers, get a fuckin life and stay away from c spam

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

* & *

.........looks like some weird emoticon face

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

loving lol

who even are you

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Taintrunner posted:

also D&D is allowed to come in and stir poo poo up when they feel like it also they’re allowed to whinge about CSPAM, which isn’t allowed to backtalk. totally normal and not at all birdbrained

just like how libs treat leftists in the real world, makes sense

edit:f,b

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

loving lol

who even are you
every shitposter in D&D lurks this forum for stuff to whine in QCS about but heaven forfend you respond to that with "what a bunch of dorks, heh" - that's a paddlin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol those people are the dumbest motherfuckers in all of d&d and largely retreated to a slack channel that makes enoughsandersspam look sane in comparison

all the cool dndchat posters like me and euphronious moved to cspam anyway