Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous

steinrokkan posted:

Are there Brazilian places that make normal pizza without choclate and catupiry and weird stuffed tumor crust, and how quickly do they go bankrupt?

If I go to Brazil and ask for margherita, what are the odds the chef will think I'm insane and top it with ice cream and candy bars because nobody could want just plain pizza?

normal flavors are mostly normal, you'll never go wrong with mozzarella except for cheaper places skimping out on cheese

i don't post the good stuff here because it's the worst pizza thread not the best

Porfiriato posted:

Is....is there actually a hot dog in the Kit Kat hot dog? I'm not sure I'm ready to handle the answer to this question.

no

Ziv Zulander posted:

It's a cheese that tastes like a salty, lightly sweet caramel. Goes well with a tart apple.

I'm sure I’m spoiled, but around here you can buy it at the normal grocery store

huh, seems nice, i'd try it

SniperWoreConverse posted:

what is in the sushi

is there a fish in there

probably nutella and rice, every fast food has to have a nutella version, it is known

anyway back to instadiabetes pizza

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I'd give gjetost a whirl if it wasn't $17 for a brick that I probably won't be able to finish

Seems like it'd make for a terrible pizza cheese in any circumstance, but so does catupiry so who knows

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
gjetost, caramelized onions, bacon, beets?

hard to think of something that would work

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
That squeezy catupiry kind of looks like primula cheese. It's okay on sufficiently burned toast, if you don't have cream cheese or butter. It had a complete recall back in June, at least in the UK, because a bottle got contaminated with botulism.

Grows a nasty skin under direct heat though :gonk:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Mozi posted:

gjetost, caramelized onions, bacon, beets?

hard to think of something that would work
That apple dessert pizza from the Pizza Hut buffet

Pyrotoad posted:

Grows a nasty skin under direct heat though :gonk:
It knows you're afraid

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Gjetost sucks and there is no pizza application it'd work with.

Also $17 a brick, holy poo poo...I live in the Midwest rear end end of nowhere and it's less than half that

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I've googled gjetos and from the looks and decription of it, it seems like something you'd eat if you thought American was too fancy

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Why does every drat thread on these forums have to breakdown into re-litigating Gjetost?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
cheese gje so what

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I grew up in the corner of Connecticut, Rhode Island, and Massachusetts, and there pizza is pronounced “pizzer” and that alone makes it bad pizza.

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

Again from the AFP thread:

Cheese Thief posted:

$27 for this 'Lasgna pizza' delivered. I was trying to get something special as I never order out, but I am left very underwhelmed.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

shadow puppet of a posted:

Why does every drat thread on these forums have to breakdown into re-litigating Gjetost?

Its unique, a little odd, and fine. But are we not goons?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
^^ looks like it's trying to escape

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

The_Continental posted:

Its unique, a little odd, and fine. But are we not goons?

WE ARE DEVO

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

steinrokkan posted:

I've googled gjetos and from the looks and decription of it, it seems like something you'd eat if you thought American was too fancy

No? It’s good stuff. It’s very different from other cheeses, you don’t really use it in sandwiches or anything

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
im gje(tost)

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Geitost/brunost has exactly two uses in Norway. You either put it on sliced bread or in a waffle. In some rare cases you can use it to sweeten a sauce.
Any person who uses it for anything else, let alone a pizza is a hipster shithead. It's not fancy or exotic, it's one of the most bog standard everyday parts of our diet. It's the bologna of cheese.

Lodin fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Nov 19, 2020

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Looks like some puzzle from a room escape game. "Escape the Terrible Pizza Place"

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

I don't know what this is. It's probably good?

And my new favorite:

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Mmmm corn, peas, and small pastries

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

TheAardvark posted:

I don't know what this is. It's probably good?

And my new favorite:

In order:
* A Hawaiian pizza with a sprinkling of corn and bad lighting. Looks a little wet too, but again, lighting.
* Other than hellfarts the biggest problem is the artlessness of the presentation. Dice those eggs and artichokes, spread them evenly, and it's got (rear end-wrecking) potential.
* Soft liquid cheese and crunchy pastry is a good combo, I'd probably give that a shot.
* Corn wibbles, shrimp, and veggies? Deal me in.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Hasturtium posted:

* Other than hellfarts the biggest problem is the artlessness of the presentation. Dice those eggs and artichokes, spread them evenly, and it's got (rear end-wrecking) potential.

You're overthinking it, someone had a nice Nicoise Salad and was sick on a pizza, nothing less, nothing more

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Is corn wibbles a scientific term? :thunkin:

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

Scrotum Modem posted:

Looks like some puzzle from a room escape game. "Escape the Terrible Pizza Place"
it's could actually be an easter egg puzzle in The Witness tbh.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Lodin posted:

Geitost/brunost has exactly two uses in Norway. You either put it on sliced bread or in a waffle. In some rare cases you can use it to sweeten a sauce.
Any person who uses it for anything else, let alone a pizza is a hipster shithead. It's not fancy or exotic, it's one of the most bog standard everyday parts of our diet. It's the bologna of cheese.

While I appreciate your input as a Norwegian. The idea that this insanely rich, yet weirdly salty-sweet, roof-of-the-mouth-coating substance could be considered normal is a testament to the absurdity of nordic cuisine generally. The poo poo is fuckin' weird and so are you. Most people outside of the upper latitudes have NO idea what it is, and are understandably confused.

That being said. I've made some really nice desserts with it, specifically a sauternes/gjetost sort of brulee with green apples and some crumbly bits.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

TheAardvark posted:

And my new favorite:

Asparagus, corn, shrimps?

Would, to be honest.

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

TheAardvark posted:

Is corn wibbles a scientific term? :thunkin:

Only in the Wibbles region of France.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

TheAardvark posted:

And my new favorite:

This pizza appears to be fizzy. Why is it fizzy?

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Hold on, is there even sauce on that bad boy? It’s like a Magic Eye

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Hell, if you want real pizza innovation you don't even have to leave the country! Assuming you're in Taiwan.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

The first two look fine though I wouldn't refer to them as pizzas, the third one disquiets me.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

The "worm infested dog poop special"

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

This pizza is far too tall

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cactus cum pizza is really popular here

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

this can't be saffron, what the hell is it

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Let's be optimistic and call it beetroot shavings.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

SniperWoreConverse posted:

this can't be saffron, what the hell is it

saffron, sausage and anchovies. lol

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993