Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012

40 lbs to freedom posted:

all i ever wanted for 2020 was a marvel tournament with marlinpie in it
Unless I'm severely underestimating the other players, marlinpie is going to clean up. Dude is the excellence in execution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Airport Music for Black Folk

Dias posted:

I don't care anymore, I wasn't implying the sixer was wrong, just that discussing this subject here loving sucks always because of the same people and I need to tell myself that. But I'm still bitter at being told "I used a sexist slur" off of a waifu comment.

also lol i got reported again huh

Just because a particular term (Waifu) is ironically used in the FGC community to reference a particular aesthetic doesn't make it okay to use in all contexts. It's not a small distinction to draw the line between you being a sexist for using the term, as opposed to your usage of a sexist term. Independent of it's widespread usage, 'Waifu' ultimately means a woman worth marrying, which by all intents and purposes, fits the ideology of sexism, considering the particular medium of discussion.

And yeah, dropping a 'Darling' towards a person you don't know goes beyond condescension.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I do actually think the way people use 'waifu' to refer to literally any female character, is sexist. Not because 'woman worth marrying' or whatever but just because its a way to use dismissive language about, the concept of a female character existing. It bugs me.

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Endorph posted:

I do actually think the way people use 'waifu' to refer to literally any female character, is sexist.

Right, I agree without qualifications. But we do live in a patriarchal world, so we shouldn't be surprised if the reaction is inherently reactionary.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
See, again, I don't care anymore.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Dias posted:

Thanks for letting us know you don't care. Perhaps you could tell us about your favourite fighting game and why it's arcana hearts or something.

No offense to beloved poster zand.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Nazzadan posted:

Things that make me hrony

-Dragunov WR2
-AK blue spark dupper
-Ganon's Warlock Punch
-Benimaru

-Azrael in BlazBlue Crosstag Battle. Specifically how satisfying his weak point mechanic is to use and especially the corner carry kick and chase he gets.
-Astral Finishes and Instant Kills in general.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Nov 21, 2020

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Dias posted:

Misogyny being the air we breathe is 'normal', it's why the work of dialogue is important. But in confrontation, that's your response? Yeah, that's why you're an rear end in a top hat.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lord_Magmar posted:

-Azrael in BlazBlue Crosstag Battle. Specifically how satisfying his weak point is mechanic to use and especially the corner carry kick and chase he gets.

same but specifically the love phantom combo

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Nazzadan posted:

-Dragunov WR2
-AK blue spark dupper
-Ganon's Warlock Punch
-Benimaru

Paul Phoenix.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Smoking Crow posted:

nakoruru is by far the most popular female snk character because she appeals to the "i must protect her" mindset even though she's wearing a full length dress

personally i like nako because she's a lady with a rad hawk and she stabs people in the face, but, y'know, i guess people forget about the facestabbing part

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Whatever the opposite of horny is is how I feel when playing fighting games and frankly I don't know how any of you multitask this much.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Jazerus posted:

personally i like nako because she's a lady with a rad hawk and she stabs people in the face, but, y'know, i guess people forget about the facestabbing part

Bird friends are good as hell

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Barudak posted:

Whatever the opposite of horny is is how I feel when playing fighting games and frankly I don't know how any of you multitask this much.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Please stop sniping at each other in here

I would also like to remind everyone that the ignore feature exists for posters who consistently annoy you

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Barudak posted:

you don't feel horny when playing you feel horny when retweeting fanart or watching character trailers

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Babylon Astronaut posted:

Unless I'm severely underestimating the other players, marlinpie is going to clean up. Dude is the excellence in execution.

hes gonna get wasted by milky

ps
equal horny

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/axefby/status/1329940815498588161

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

http://www.twitch.tv/d44bas

Japanese Capcom vs SNK2 tourney happening right now. It's pretty loving lit.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Babylon Astronaut posted:

Going by pre-pandemic levels of play, I'm not sure Marlinpie makes top 8. I don't even think he's the best player of his own team in the field (assuming Full Schedule is still playing Viper/Doom/Ammy). Marlin has been streaming UMvC3/EX a lot though.

Relinking the player list:
https://twitter.com/maximilian_/status/1329556633639292930

RyanLV won the last time the game was at Evo, Flocker won it in the past, a bunch of others who made Evo top 8, other strong east coast players like Flux and Coach Steve, and more. Should be a lot of fun to watch

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
they were smart to not let chris g in, for many reasons

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

My money is on RyanLV

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Jiro posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/d44bas

Japanese Capcom vs SNK2 tourney happening right now. It's pretty loving lit.

Thanks for this! I opened it just in time to see R2 A-Blanka make a comeback and OCV an entire team. Feel like I cursed someone

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Nazzadan posted:

-Dragunov WR2
-AK blue spark dupper
-Ganon's Warlock Punch
-Benimaru

- Huge move lists
- Grapplers

What if I'm saying is if Lei Wulong would go into Pro Wrestling in Tekken 8 I'd die happy.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Hace posted:

they were smart to not let chris g in, for many reasons

agreed

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Leaning towards armor waifu with midriff showing. Will report back soon

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

iPodschun posted:

Going by pre-pandemic levels of play, I'm not sure Marlinpie makes top 8. I don't even think he's the best player of his own team in the field (assuming Full Schedule is still playing Viper/Doom/Ammy). Marlin has been streaming UMvC3/EX a lot though.

Relinking the player list:
https://twitter.com/maximilian_/status/1329556633639292930

RyanLV won the last time the game was at Evo, Flocker won it in the past, a bunch of others who made Evo top 8, other strong east coast players like Flux and Coach Steve, and more. Should be a lot of fun to watch

I'm kinda excited to see how mundank and rayray do, they usually do well on the east coast weeklies

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Oberst posted:

Things that make me horny:

- sweet vegeta ki blast loops
- simplified input controls
- the entire female cast of granblue

Hell gently caress it the male cast too!

-Giant stone and metal golems that shove rocks into their chests and then shoot the rocks back out at you
-Ripping someone's blood out with magic and then turning it into blood icicles to impale them in the face with them
-TATSUMAKI SENPU KYAKU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

FrostyPox posted:

-Giant stone and metal golems that shove rocks into their chests and then shoot the rocks back out at you
-Ripping someone's blood out with magic and then turning it into blood icicles to impale them in the face with them
-TATSUMAKI SENPU KYAKU

I've been playing a lot of Skarlet recently as well.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

FrostyPox posted:

https://twitter.com/BLUELINKBR/status/1112892146938413056

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Oh my god, how have I never seen this before!? It's perfect!

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

That owns

(I did mean Skarlet, though, I haven't played enough UNISTCLERLASTLMNOP and forgot that dude existed)

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
you cant stop carmine

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/gosokkyu/status/1330729418495578114

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

https://twitter.com/SamuraiFGC/status/1330733298855735296

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

:unsmith:

Man, that was nice to see

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

rumble fish 2 is a better sf game than 4 and 5 so if this can have decent netplay that'd be cool. I know people used to use dreamcast emulators to netplay guilty gear way back in the beforetimes but idk how good it actually is

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

darealkooky posted:

rumble fish 2 is a better sf game than 4 and 5 so if this can have decent netplay that'd be cool. I know people used to use dreamcast emulators to netplay guilty gear way back in the beforetimes but idk how good it actually is

dc emulation blew up rather recently with redream making it stupid easy and optimized. Like day and night from previous emulators. They charge $5 for premium, which just allows upscaling to 4k (and looks great doing it)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIwZMCv-7NY

it also does vga mode and all that, its seriously a great emulator

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
https://twitter.com/TwitchEsports/status/1331024729340252160

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
I love that Max runs more ads than cable TV.