  • Post
BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I'll have you know that certain regions of the USA with certain subsets of peoples, still very much live the big shirt life. Also, you can thank everything old being new again because GEN Z caught wind of 90s fashions and have brought back a few things. Big shirts baggy pants ect ect ect

They brought the absolute worst (actually they didn't some clothing manufacturer did) of all trends back.

I remember my mom talking about how fashion is cyclical and seeing trash clothes that looked bad in the 90s come back, like the worst colors the worst materials the worst cuts and everyone is okay with this :corsair:

We did actually have some things that didn't suck back then, I think I could be way off though. People make fun of the awful oversized jeans that someone allegedly wore back then but Zubaz. Why do I see Zubaz so often? it's so awful

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zubaz

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Lol if you don’t think oversized Big Dog/Big Johnson/No Fear shirts aren’t still in the rotation in places in America. Spend** time in Indiana or West Virginia and find out.

**Read: don’t do this

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Some bits ironic wear some bits unironic high fashion. Blah blah yadda yadda. We got my sister chunky rear end Filas last year for Christmas! She def rocked chunky rear end shoes back in the 90s early 00s. Mix that with todays fashion and you get unique looks 4 sure. I ain't mad at it. I'm currently in a coaches windbreaker jacket wearing Adidas OG Samba indoor soccer shoes! Mix n match babbbyyyyyyyyyyyy

also a Carhartt beanie AND i am NOT forklift certified :smug:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Wearing Zubaz is in the same category as those hentai face shirts. You wear them ironically to offend everyone around you but also you want to broadcast your sexual fetishes to the world

Please do not elaborate on what sexual fetish Zubaz represent

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Heath posted:

Wearing Zubaz is in the same category as those hentai face shirts. You wear them ironically to offend everyone around you but also you want to broadcast your sexual fetishes to the world

Please do not elaborate on what sexual fetish Zubaz represent

Oh thank god that makes a little sense

Working as intended I'll just ignore the rest of this

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Pro wrestlers in the 90s unironically loved Zubaz.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Pastry of the Year posted:

Pro wrestlers in the 90s unironically loved Zubaz.

They were also basically the official sideline pants of NFL players, coaches, and staff in the early 90’s.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Zubaz has triggered all my memories of Amy Fischer and Joey Buttafuoico due to his fondness of wearing them.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

"You know where I could get some Zubaz, man?"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Mutiny

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Animal-Mother posted:

"You know where I could get some Zubaz, man?"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Mutiny

I'm pretty sure my friend's goal is to make a DnD character for every name in that movie.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Thank you for reminding me of one of my favorite all-time Twitter burns:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Neito posted:

I'm pretty sure my friend's goal is to make a DnD character for every name in that movie.

I give every Ditto I catch in Pokemon a name in the vein of Space Mutiny joke names, because they're all used as breeding studs :wiggle:.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Are there many other notable musicians with similar educations? I know Greg Graffin is a doctor of evolutionary biology and occasionally teaches at Berkeley.

They're kind of vaguely appropriate for this thread despite being formed in the 2000s since they parody music styles across the decades: one of the dudes in Nanowar (of Steel) has a PhD in astrophysics. (And also speaks like 11 languages or something.)

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

mind the walrus posted:

Thank you for reminding me of one of my favorite all-time Twitter burns:

As I have said many times in this thread, he ain’t wrong.

Since it was Halloween I just went through that yearly swoon talk by my wife when discussing various seasonal movies to watch like Idle Hands or Caspar and bam “Ohh Devon Sawa!!!”

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
This is the kind of internet we need rn tbh.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

dialhforhero posted:

This is the kind of internet we need rn tbh.

Yeah, I definitely miss those days

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
The internet should be reset to September 10th 2001 and never allowed to progress.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

RagnarokAngel posted:

The internet should be reset to September 10th 2001 and never allowed to progress.
Oof.

Eternally stuck with my Gundam Wing desktop wallpaper, downloading a lovely Zelda ripoff HL mod, and waiting for my Majestic beta fax to come in.

At least I can still send AIMs to folks...

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

RagnarokAngel posted:

The internet should be reset to September 10th 2001 and never allowed to progress.

This is fine because invader Zim would’ve never been canceled

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

RagnarokAngel posted:

The internet should be reset to September 10th 2001 and never allowed to progress.

http://silverladder.com/links/badscary/

existed prior to that arbitrary date you posted so it's okay

not sure if BMW films would have finished all of

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hire#Details

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

RagnarokAngel posted:

The internet should be reset to September 10th 2001 and never allowed to progress.

DeviantArt desktop background searches for blue glowing mushrooms while downloading porn and mp3s through LimeWire and taking a gambit on getting the nimda virus.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

RagnarokAngel posted:

The internet should be reset to September 10th 2001 and never allowed to progress.

But what about ALL THOSE GOONS who REGISTERED the very next day?

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

The Cameo posted:

Yep!

I mean, all the Descendents albums are pretty autobiographical, but that’s 100% the reference being made, as Milo had told the band just prior to recording it that, hey, he had gotten into UC San Diego and was... going to college. It was looked at as a goodbye album for him, the back of the LP reveals the whole thing is dedicated to Milo, signed by the rest of the band.

But Milo liked performing with the guys too much, since it was his high school buddies/idols, so every break, he came back home and did some shows, and in a way, the band just... never stopped, only paused for years at a time.

And during those pauses we got ALL. So it was a win-win.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

wesleywillis posted:

But what about ALL THOSE GOONS who REGISTERED the very next day?

gently caress em :twisted:

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

RagnarokAngel posted:

The internet should be reset to September 10th 2001 and never allowed to progress.

I just want the Ate My Balls webring back

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

ZDar Fan posted:

I just want the Ate My Balls webring back

I wish social media never happened, and everyone was making Geocities sites forever.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Under Construction

Sign my guest book!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

FilthyImp posted:

Oof.

Eternally stuck with my Gundam Wing desktop wallpaper, downloading a lovely Zelda ripoff HL mod, and waiting for my Majestic beta fax to come in.

At least I can still send AIMs to folks...

Holy gently caress Majestic i haven't thought if that since the PCGamer issue about it

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

twistedmentat posted:

Under Construction

Sign my guest book!

Watching your hit counter. Every day.

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014

Iron Crowned posted:

I wish social media never happened, and everyone was making Geocities sites forever.

go ahead, embrace tradition

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Visitor counter on your website is REQUIRED.

Midi background song playing highly recommended.

3 frame minimum.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

wesleywillis posted:

Watching your hit counter. Every day.

Choosing the right webring to join :ohdear:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Trabant posted:

Choosing the right webring to join :ohdear:

Check out my Evangelion and Sailor Moon webrings!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
99% of the reason I got on the internet was to be part of the Save our Sailors campaign.

The other was to see if https://www.pussy.com and https://www.boobs.com worked.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Bonsai Cats

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

FilthyImp posted:

99% of the reason I got on the internet was to be part of the Save our Sailors campaign.

The other was to see if https://www.pussy.com and https://www.boobs.com worked.

Newsgroups were the way to go for the best early porn.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
I am pretty sure Fark was responsible for my early porn viewing much like DPPH was for many on this site.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

Newsgroups were the way to go for the best early porn.

If you weren't around the internet in the mid-1990s, you don't know just how scarce it was to find actual photographs of anything online. Or how much time it took to download any of them.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I mean, this is the 90s thread on SomethingAwful; it's safe to say most of us were.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4