Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
diluc/fischl/ningguang/jean is basically an infinite energy machine in this event so i have been doing almost nothing except bursting and then switching to the next character to skill/burst in a loop until everything is dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Roland Jones posted:

The hardest meteorite for me, and the only one where I caved and did it on a lower difficulty after repeated failures with multiple team comps, was in Mondstadt. Because it was, like, ten Treasure Hoarders at once, two-three of the "leaders" running in to dropkick me in the face while the rest chucked fire and electric bottles and triggered constant overloads (not even on me; the lingering patches from their attacks seemed to interact with each other) to toss me around even more. It was agony.

This event has been pretty easy for me otherwise, but that one meteorite, wow. That was the worst.

Huh, that's the one I have the least trouble with. They're all light enough to be caught in Gust Surge, so with proper positioning I can hit 'em all at once and move them far, far away while I whittle down the 2-3 new ones that spawn to replace any that die in the burst.

The ranged ones also say a voiceline before they throw, making them much easier to dodge than hilichurl archers. They move into the circle if you run to the opposite side, too, so ranged characters aren't required to deal with them.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

turns out there is a meteor with 1x Agent+2x Treasure Hoarder bottle throwers

mostly ended up annoying since they throw fire and the meteor pulses electric, so you get that lovely "why the hell are reactions proccing on me" moment unless you run Jean i guess

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

No Wave posted:

I'm surprised by how hard they made the meteors. I'm AR45 and Tartaglia+Fischl are two of my leveled characters so it should be easy as hell but some of these are still messed up on mobile (hydrogunner+lightning guy specifically).

I think a lot of the annoyance would be fixed if they showed what enemies would spawn before the fight started because fatui demand hard counters.

The top level fatui heavy spawns are definitely my hardest fights too with having to fight in the tiny circle + the mixed comps due to no hard idea what will spawn.. Cryo + lightning gets pretty rough and poor Xiangling has to put in a lot of work as my only decent fire character.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

Tae posted:

You have about 31 days to get zhong since pity counter carries over.

Yeah but that's only like 15 rolls without throwing money at him. I suppose that would be thematically appropriate though.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

venti mona fischl and xiangling is what I use and every meteor is fairly easy I just can spam bursts for days.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Ugh. Getting philomena mushrooms for klee is the worst.

leveling Klee and Mona at the same time :shepicide:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Soothing Vapors posted:

leveling Klee and Mona at the same time :shepicide:

This, but Razor and Fischl.

So many Electro cube fights....

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

cryogunner + electro guy took me a lot longer than the others at 75, it was raining and I had no cryo to break the electro shield and couldn't stop being frozen

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

What's real fun is when you get smacked outside the circle and then frozen. :shepface:

Or better yet if you die the game counts the circle as unoccupied while the character fades out before it switches to someone else.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bloody Emissary posted:

Huh, that's the one I have the least trouble with. They're all light enough to be caught in Gust Surge, so with proper positioning I can hit 'em all at once and move them far, far away while I whittle down the 2-3 new ones that spawn to replace any that die in the burst.

The ranged ones also say a voiceline before they throw, making them much easier to dodge than hilichurl archers. They move into the circle if you run to the opposite side, too, so ranged characters aren't required to deal with them.

Treasure Hoarders are usually easy for me too; this one was weird in that it was twice the normal amount. Like, I counted; compared to the Treasure Hoarder one I just completed now, it was about two times as many, at the same difficulty level.

The elemental pulse being Pyro didn't help either.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug
Welp just used my Gacha luck up. This was my next pull after getting Childe from pity, trying for a C2 Ningguang.

Now I need to put some more thought into my 2nd Abyss team.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Wanna pass on some of that luck to the rest of us?

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
I've gotten three Beidous in a row from this current banner

I have a fully leveled razor already. I dont want a beidou, I just want a Diona

Game please

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

funkymonks posted:

Welp just used my Gacha luck up. This was my next pull after getting Childe from pity, trying for a C2 Ningguang.

:argh::argh::argh:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

YoshiOfYellow posted:

What's real fun is when you get smacked outside the circle and then frozen. :shepface:

Or better yet if you die the game counts the circle as unoccupied while the character fades out before it switches to someone else.

Or when they spawn with no health bars....

I’ve given up doing them at 75 or whatever. It ain’t worth the trouble and there’s still plenty of time to finish the event.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

I've gotten three Beidous in a row from this current banner

I have a fully leveled razor already. I dont want a beidou, I just want a Diona

Game please

I wish I could trade you, I just want more Beidou const for my waifu team and I love her playstyle.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

classic banner problems of getting the fewest, if any, copies of the 4* you actually want. Noelle was taking all the Sucrose/Xingqiu constellation slots last banner and Ningguang was doing it for Diona this one, it really does make me wish they had rotating rateup banners but of course, $$$

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tamba posted:

Talk to both of them and they'll tell you about their fierce rivalry. Then, at night you'll find them at the restaurant area, laughing about the fools who fell for their scheme.

You can do so much better writing when you don't have to voice all your NPCs, it's great. Not everyone's Square Enix and able to put half a billion into voice acting alone.

Ytlaya posted:

Ningguang is very handy for this. I think that tier lists are understating the usefulness of defensive abilities, since "not getting knocked around/interrupted" practically translates to extra DPS (and generally less time spent since you don't need to heal as much).

Yeah I tried using her but she's only level 20 and her shield wall immediately gets broken with a single 5 arrow shot one hillichurl hits it with. It's just trial and error whether or not I can beat those lvl55 challenges, the lvl 45 ones are no trouble but the rewards are better so you know how it is.

Is there a way to grind companionship EXP? I have pretty much never used Noelle or Lisa so their stories are never gonna unlock if this doesn't change.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Nov 21, 2020

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Is there a way to grind companionship EXP? I have pretty much never used Noelle or Lisa so their stories are never gonna unlock if this doesn't change.

You can stand next to a spawn location for random events and log in and out to make sure you get your 10x daily limit. That's only an extra 100exp though.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

RareAcumen posted:

I haven't tested it to see if it still works, but this post shows a pillar in mondstadt you can cycle for 10/day random events. https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/jbaz3r/trigger_the_random_world_event_with_nearly_100/

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
lmao I have been holding on to all my iron ore because "This iron chunk can be turned into a multitude of handy items in the hands of a skilled craftsman." and I didn't want to waste in on weapon xp if it is good for other stuff. I just checked the wiki, and it is ONLY used for weapon xp.

Apparently all of this stuff the blacksmith can use is literally only used at the blacksmith and not for anything else. I feel like such an idiot for lugging it around all this time.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
I like this game way more than I expected to. My only complaints are that the game should have a better way to swap between parties because doing like 4 menus to burn a common chest open is irritating, and that "entity has timed out and disappeared" is the worst error message and i hate it. ill never know what the entity was and you just made me sad about it

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Corla Plankun posted:

lmao I have been holding on to all my iron ore because "This iron chunk can be turned into a multitude of handy items in the hands of a skilled craftsman." and I didn't want to waste in on weapon xp if it is good for other stuff. I just checked the wiki, and it is ONLY used for weapon xp.

Apparently all of this stuff the blacksmith can use is literally only used at the blacksmith and not for anything else. I feel like such an idiot for lugging it around all this time.

the wiki is missing that it's used to make the newly-added portable stove, but that's it unless Mondstadt has another reputation reward that uses some. regardless of what uses they add for it you will probably always spend it at the blacksmith though.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Corla Plankun posted:

I think you need it for some quests too, maybe? I still grab it if it's right there because...who knows, maybe one day.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

awesmoe posted:

and that "entity has timed out and disappeared" is the worst error message and i hate it. ill never know what the entity was and you just made me sad about it

this happens if you have high ping or packet loss and spam the gather button, trying to loot something you have already looted.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

this happens if you have high ping or packet loss and spam the gather button, trying to loot something you have already looted.

it happens when im out in the middle of nowhere doing nothing, tho. Like literally sitting around in town. I do have high ping tho.
I think it's (also) when I didnt pick something up from a chest or drop, and then it times out

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
I love that no matter what region I pick, I get 200+ ping. You'd think the Asia servers would be at least tolerable from Australia but hilariously, the America servers ping at ~200 while asia pings 350-400. Makes some things about the game a real pain in the arse, like the aforementioned entity messages, stamina recharge being delayed and just general lag with character switching and stuff.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
if you're struggling with meteors (or anything really), get on discord and ask for help! there's dudes like me idling on there that would absolutely love to interrupt our hilichurl bullying to help you do your meteors

my fischl can basically demolish oceanid by herself, so showing up to somebody else's world to do it for them is perfectly within the cards

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Welp, at a little over halfway through AR37 I hit the point of having nothing left to do (discounting hunting chests with a map like a psycho) outside of dailies. Sure would be nice if the Venti and Mona (and Childe, eventually) storylines were around. At least I know I'll be 45 by the time the new area drops.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

funkymonks posted:

Keqing is the best, all my homies think Diluc is a dumb rear end in a top hat

Electric Waifu Vergil Team represent

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
mihoyo is suing two 1.2 leakers for breaking CBT NDA - can't say I'm surprised

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Hazdoc posted:

if you're struggling with meteors (or anything really), get on discord and ask for help! there's dudes like me idling on there that would absolutely love to interrupt our hilichurl bullying to help you do your meteors

my fischl can basically demolish oceanid by herself, so showing up to somebody else's world to do it for them is perfectly within the cards

Is the discord active on weekends? I'm playing on mobile and can't run discord without losing my login, but I'm planning on updating my PC client tomorrow and trying to get over the Fatui hydro+electro fatty obstacle after three hilariously bad attempts. I would absolutely love assistance and would be more than happy to return the favor for other things folks might need done. AR41, Lv70 main team.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Nuebot posted:

The dorm banner is the generic banner you generally don't want to spend your currency on (except the dorm banner specific tickets) and yeah, I'd like to think we won't have gacha artifacts but if they take a turn to character specific artifacts like how stigma are set up in honkai they might. But you are correct that Genshin targets a broader audience so it is in their interest to keep things more simplified and streamlined.

Dorm banner has a guaranteed S-rank at 25 rolls, so I only rolled up until that point.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

zgrowler2 posted:

Is the discord active on weekends? I'm playing on mobile and can't run discord without losing my login, but I'm planning on updating my PC client tomorrow and trying to get over the Fatui hydro+electro fatty obstacle after three hilariously bad attempts. I would absolutely love assistance and would be more than happy to return the favor for other things folks might need done. AR41, Lv70 main team.

as long as you're on the american server it shouldn't be too hard to find someone to hop on with. put your game id in the #friendzone channel so people can go ahead and add you

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

This event gives a wonderful amount of Mora. I got ~900k from just 160 resin worth (I think there's 2.5M total, which I think is roughly the same amount you get from the paid Battle Pass). I'm actually pretty close to clearing out the shop (I only have Mora left); I'll probably clear it out part-way through the day after tomorrow.

funkymonks posted:

Yeah, several days later I'm still in disbelief at getting Keqing from a single roll. Rates being so immensely lovely in this make it feel like a miracle if you get a non-pity 5* on a single roll. It'll be a while until I can make her viable, though, since I'm obviously using all my resin on this event.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Oneiros posted:

as long as you're on the american server it shouldn't be too hard to find someone to hop on with. put your game id in the #friendzone channel so people can go ahead and add you

Done and done, thanks! We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Man, the music is good in this game, but specifically Stormterror's overworld area is GORGEOUS. Gives me strong Xenoblade Chronicles vibes.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Speaking of...

I know the soundtracks are on Spotify, but are they available for purchase anywhere yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Quetzadilla posted:

Blew my entire stash of primos playing since launch (f2p) trying to just get a c2 ning but for my troubles got c6 fiona, c4 beidou, and an off-banner mona (but not ning). Also pulled sacrificial fragments which is probably good for someone. Won't have much to throw at zhaddy unfortunately :(

As long as you don't get Childe, your pity will count towards Zhongli. It's a good idea to check the number of pulls you did in your History tab, so you can make sure your likely pity 5* (somewhere between pulls 75 and 90) falls on the banner you want.