Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
By the way, probably nobody cares, but just for the record: it is no longer practical to reroll, because the AR 7 rewards are gone. So you only get the 10 newbie rolls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Ashenai posted:

By the way, probably nobody cares, but just for the record: it is no longer practical to reroll, because the AR 7 rewards are gone. So you only get the 10 newbie rolls.

added to op

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Squiddycat posted:

Speaking of...

I know the soundtracks are on Spotify, but are they available for purchase anywhere yet?

Not that I know of, but all the OSTs for patch 1.0 are on the official GI youtube channel for free.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Today I learned that the electrocube's three death cores are just immune to hydro for reasons? I guess?

Made the fight a bit of a chore when I had taken Tartaglia, although he does real good on the actual boss.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

No Wave posted:

The reason ATK is generally worse is because it's usually a bigger number than %DMG thanks to feathers and substats.

500 base ATK with +140% atk and +20% dmg you get:
( 500 * (1 + 1.4) ) * 1.2 = 1440

500 base ATK with +80% atk and +80% dmg you get:
( 500 * (1 + .8) ) * 1.8 = 1620

In rare cases, like Childe with R5 Rust or Razor with Skyrider Greatsword+Gladiator, you can end up with more +dmg than +atk% in which case +atk% on goblet could actually be correct. This almost never happens though which is why elemental goblet is almost always preferable.

Quoting this because I don't do math well and have no idea how it works in this game and will probably need this info later.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

RareAcumen posted:

Quoting this because I don't do math well and have no idea how it works in this game and will probably need this info later.

To put it another way, ATK% and DMG% are both important to make go up, but the smaller number (DMG%) is more important to increase than the larger number (ATK%) because of how multiplication works. Like how 4 times 2 is 8, but 3 times 3 is 9. You don't need to understand the math at a granular level if it's a pain, knowing to up DMG% as much as possible is fine

the more technical explanation is that, other things equal, you get the highest product from having ATK% = DMG% because of how effective squaring is as a multiplier, but that won't happen unless your ATK% is really low, so the objective is to raise DMG% to get it as close to (ATK%+DMG%)/2 as possible

zgrowler2 fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Nov 21, 2020

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Today I learned that the electrocube's three death cores are just immune to hydro for reasons? I guess?

Made the fight a bit of a chore when I had taken Tartaglia, although he does real good on the actual boss.

Yeah, I think you're supposed to hit it with a canceling reaction, and hydro doesn't cancel out electro, they just coexist and are terrible to each other. Cryo and pyro are great, anemo and geo are... eh?

One Xiangling ult will burn the entire thing down one core at a time, and I've also successfully pulled it off with Amber just to see if I could.

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Oh you.. :>
I didn't like Klee, Childe.. and I don't think I'll like Rex Lapis or Xiao either. Might not roll for Ayaka either.

I have a feeling I'll be sitting on a pile of freemogems for the better half of a year at this point, without being able to really finish my 2nd team. Makes me a little sad, to be honest.

Hope they start putting some of that whale money into character production soon so we may get more than one per month.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I believe its cores only take flat damage from elemental reactions while still remaining immune to electro damage. That's why Electro-Charged did nothing, and that's why a level 1 amber can take down all three down with her basic charged arrow attacks.

Flair fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Nov 21, 2020

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Tsyni posted:

I think you need it for some quests too, maybe? I still grab it if it's right there because...who knows, maybe one day.

Albedo will discover how to use alchemy to transform large quantities of iron into a clone of Diluc.

Saxophone posted:

Man, the music is good in this game, but specifically Stormterror's overworld area is GORGEOUS. Gives me strong Xenoblade Chronicles vibes.

I'm really looking forward to what they do with the other nations' music. You get a small hint during that "storyline preview" video (which plays bits of what will obviously be tracks from those areas during the part where it mentions each).

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Phosphia posted:

I didn't like Klee, Childe.. and I don't think I'll like Rex Lapis or Xiao either. Might not roll for Ayaka either.

I have a feeling I'll be sitting on a pile of freemogems for the better half of a year at this point, without being able to really finish my 2nd team. Makes me a little sad, to be honest.

Roll for the 4s, not the 5s. This seems like a terrible way to play the game.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Saxophone posted:

Man, the music is good in this game, but specifically Stormterror's overworld area is GORGEOUS. Gives me strong Xenoblade Chronicles vibes.

Couldn't agree more. An especially nice decision they made in that area is that the battle music doesn't play so you get the full melancholy. I legit got some feelings exploring that ruined area. Even made me sad bothering the hillichurls. At least they seemed to be having fun.

The Childish Jiang quest is also a guy punch when you figure it out, oof. The game can get pretty dark.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

GrandpaPants posted:

It depends on how long a view you take. In a year, everyone will probably have all the 4*s anyway, and the important thing will be which 5*s they have, because 5*s are still going to be hard to get.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Ytlaya posted:

I'm really looking forward to what they do with the other nations' music. You get a small hint during that "storyline preview" video (which plays bits of what will obviously be tracks from those areas during the part where it mentions each).

It's a ways off but this is why I'm excited to go to Sumeru. With how good the music has already been I'm ready for some good rear end desert tunes.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Ashenai posted:

Good thing too, because there's a rep bonus on getting to 100%, and if I had to find every single chest I would probably ragequit

what's the bonus? I thought you only got rewards for 20%, 40% and 60%

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Mailer posted:

Welp, at a little over halfway through AR37 I hit the point of having nothing left to do (discounting hunting chests with a map like a psycho) outside of dailies. Sure would be nice if the Venti and Mona (and Childe, eventually) storylines were around. At least I know I'll be 45 by the time the new area drops.

They are still around. Quests menu, "story quests" on the bottom left.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
^^^ OH FFS... thank you! That is supremely helpful, but also this ui. :argh:

Ashenai posted:

I'd still do it. Maybe not for a 5*, but definitely for a carry. I guess if the event goes on long enough for someone who starts today to get Fischl then it'd be good to stand on a great multi-4 pull to support her. It still seems really harsh. Are the AR10 pulls still there?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

so what is this translation error in the end of the boss fight?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Osmosisch posted:

The Childish Jiang quest is also a guy punch when you figure it out, oof. The game can get pretty dark.

When you realize there are two seelie whose statues are in front of the house :cry:

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

kater posted:

so what is this translation error in the end of the boss fight?

quote:

English:

"I had hoped it would never come to this. I absolutely detest working with those who are weaker than I.

"The truth is, the world belongs to those of us who desire to become strong. I seldom willingly mingle with any dull and boring weakling who think otherwise.

"Unfortunately, we cannot be picky about our methods as Fatui Harbingers. Children must all learn to eat their vegetables sometime."

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Japanese:

"My backup plan involves affecting the weak, under normal circumstances I wouldn't want to be using it.

"but at the end of the day, this world exists for those who seek to become stronger. There's no room for me to worry about the weak.

"Not to mention, Fatui Harbingers cannot choose their methods. There are times when even children have to eat stuff they don't like you know. "

________________________________________________________________________________________________

I was informed the Chinese version says the same thing as the Japanese version so the English one is the mistranslation.

As you can see, the English translation for some reason paints him as a egotistic rear end in a top hat, while the original (and other translations) is meant to show that Childe isn't cruel, he doesn't wish harm upon innocent people, but must do what has to be done to achieve a goal.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/jtrb1b/psa_extremely_important_mistranslation_on_one_of/

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I... I think the interpretation of those translations is a translation error? Like it is the reverse of the things they say?

Anyways thank you.

Oh it’s clearer in the Chinese translation a few replies in.

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
Nice that I'll be able to buy out the event shop before Star of Destiny starts up. Also, glad it'll let you try that part single-player since the last event seemed silly when I gave it a try.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

When people were saying Childe seemed like an rear end in a top hat because of the translation, I thought it was going to turn out that actually he was in on the plan, but nope, it's just that actually he's 20% less happy than I thought about summoning a giant monster to eat Liyue Harbour

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

YoshiOfYellow posted:

You can just bring Amber to kill the cores. Even at level 1 she can one-cycle the cores.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

do i... do i ever get to find unseen razor?

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Alright Genshin Goons, I'm very early in but I have a terrible brain that demands I optimise every single thing. So I'm AR 26 and have got:
- Noelle C2
- Anemo Traveller C2
- Diona C1
- Sucrose C1
- Jean, Xiangling, Fischl, Barbara, Xaeya, Beidou, Amber, Ningguang, Lisa

I've got a Cresent pike on Xiang, a full Beserker set on Fischl and I'm just focusing on the event and doing dailies/battlepass stuff until the event is over and I go back to the story. I also have a claymore and catalyst blueprint that I'm not super sure what do to with. Any advice/tips? Is there anyone I'm missing that I should try and roll for?

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

The Deleter posted:

Alright Genshin Goons, I'm very early in but I have a terrible brain that demands I optimise every single thing. So I'm AR 26 and have got:
- Noelle C2
- Anemo Traveller C2
- Diona C1
- Sucrose C1
- Jean, Xiangling, Fischl, Barbara, Xaeya, Beidou, Amber, Ningguang, Lisa

I've got a Cresent pike on Xiang, a full Beserker set on Fischl and I'm just focusing on the event and doing dailies/battlepass stuff until the event is over and I go back to the story. I also have a claymore and catalyst blueprint that I'm not super sure what do to with. Any advice/tips? Is there anyone I'm missing that I should try and roll for?

I think you're set for now, your Xiangling+Fischl sounds like plenty of DPS, and you have all the supports you need too. Don't over-optimize for now. Like you said, do the event stuff, then keep going with the story. Once there's no event resin sinks, try to keep your characters up to snuff and do Mora leylines any time you don't desperately need something else. (It doesn't matter how much Mora you think you have. You're going to run out).

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
As long as we're optimizing: it takes 1966 Fading Star's Might to buy out the first store. I don't think anyone is quite there yet, but some people should be getting there tomorrow if they're high enough AR and they've been grinding meteors with all of their resin.

Once you're done, stop doing meteors, because once the 1 FSM for 500 Mora is the only deal left, it's both more effort and less reward than just doing Mora leylines.

For this same reason, don't spend Fragile Resin on meteors. There's plenty of time to get 1966 FSM, and it's not worth doing them after that.

Ashenai fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Nov 21, 2020

kater
Nov 16, 2010

buying 600k mora at a time is very fun, i have mora more now than i did from my first leveling bankroll.

prolly gonna spend 4 million leveling like two five star artifacts.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Ashenai posted:

As long as we're optimizing: it takes 1966 Fading Star's Might to buy out the first store. I don't think anyone is quite there yet, but some people should be getting there tomorrow if they're high enough AR and they've been grinding meteors with all of their resin.

Once you're done, stop doing meteors, because once the 1 FSM for 500 Mora is the only deal left, it's both more effort and less reward than just doing Mora leylines.

For this same reason, don't spend Fragile Resin on meteors. There's plenty of time to get 1966 FSM, and it's not worth doing them after that.

Yeah, I stopped spending fragile on meteors after a couple because they give so much I'll have the shop cleared out soon anyway.

I have 3 million mora right now this is ridiculous and it will be gone in an instant.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Phosphia posted:

Hope they start putting some of that whale money into character production soon so we may get more than one per month.

GrandpaPants posted:

5*s are overrated. Who needs em?

https://i.imgur.com/c5Jo38d.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/DOIjMTj.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/68dDItY.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/ArDFWmn.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/asmR5zr.mp4

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Ashenai posted:

I think you're set for now, your Xiangling+Fischl sounds like plenty of DPS, and you have all the supports you need too. Don't over-optimize for now. Like you said, do the event stuff, then keep going with the story. Once there's no event resin sinks, try to keep your characters up to snuff and do Mora leylines any time you don't desperately need something else. (It doesn't matter how much Mora you think you have. You're going to run out).

Ok, thanks for that. Anybody I should focus on levelling? People are singing Sucrose's praises but I've basically never touched her.

Might make a prototype animus for Beidou since I enjoy using her counter :black101:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ashenai posted:

Bussamove posted:

Yeah, I stopped spending fragile on meteors after a couple because they give so much I'll have the shop cleared out soon anyway.

I have 3 million mora right now this is ridiculous and it will be gone in an instant.

How are you guys spending resin on meteors, I don't get it.

Literally, how do you buy more... I don't know how it works at all. Do you pay another 40 resin to do the challenge again or is it like the leylines and you get more rewarded to you afterwards?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
talk to mona on the map

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Eight more of these horrible meteors to go, then I'm free. Now watch the next event also be resin and you need to spend all of it up until the last day to buy out the shop. :v:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Specifically once the prior set of four is cleared. She'll spawn a new set somewhere else on the map afterwards.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

The Deleter posted:

Ok, thanks for that. Anybody I should focus on levelling? People are singing Sucrose's praises but I've basically never touched her.

Might make a prototype animus for Beidou since I enjoy using her counter :black101:

Your carry (the character you do basic attacks with, Xiangling in your case) is the only one who's important to keep leveled, everyone else can safely lag behind. It's quite likely that you're going to switch some or all of your party members out sooner or later, which is why I said not to over-optimize yet, and this goes for over-levelling too. See also, all the people in this thread who are complaining about pulling new awesome characters and not having the resources to level them. You don't want that to be you, so for now, keep the leveling light, stop when it really starts eating into your resources. Level 40 is a good place to stop, as that's still fairly low on XP and Mora costs, and characters get a nice power boost from their second ascension.

(Sometime around AR35+ you'll have to make more difficult and painful choices in resource allocation, but for now, it's best to keep things flexible.)

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
So what do I do if I can't compete a meteor on the lowest difficulty? I'm stuck on the one with the fatui cryo guys and electro hammer guys, I've just spent 2 hours trying it and it's impossible and Mona won't give me a new set of meteors until I complete it. :(

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

So what do I do if I can't compete a meteor on the lowest difficulty? I'm stuck on the one with the fatui cryo guys and electro hammer guys, I've just spent 2 hours trying it and it's impossible and Mona won't give me a new set of meteors until I complete it. :(

I've never tried but I think you can co-op them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Man Venti and Childe make such a hilarious duo for speed clearing these meteorites. As long as its one with smaller enemies that can be sucked up. Venti Burst - > Childe Bow Burst instantly deletes all of them and leaves me either done or one kill away. Takes like 15 seconds per now.