Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Amumu, of all characters, can apparently solo baron as soon as it spawns, so I suspect most junglers are at the very least capable of soloing dragon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

The Shortest Path posted:

Amumu, of all characters, can apparently solo baron as soon as it spawns, so I suspect most junglers are at the very least capable of soloing dragon.

Amumu is unironically busted rn tho

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

They're hotfixing all the tank items which should help. Honestly, almost every tank has just been gigabroken since the patch, and amumu is benefits especially since he can force several people to sit around taking sunfire damage

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
It's always fun to see people complain about illaoi because it's very obvious they've never played this champion who has the most clear windows of power imaginable and then when you try to give them advice it always comes out as this stupid "have you considered not grouping in a bunch and standing right next to the woman who wants the entire enemy team to be next to her?" and then they get extremely tilted about how "well if i can't get close to her how am i even supposed to play the game"

like, she's fun as gently caress but if you engage even a little bit with what she brings to the table it's very obvious how to play around her.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Coca Koala posted:

It's always fun to see people complain about illaoi because it's very obvious they've never played this champion who has the most clear windows of power imaginable and then when you try to give them advice it always comes out as this stupid "have you considered not grouping in a bunch and standing right next to the woman who wants the entire enemy team to be next to her?" and then they get extremely tilted about how "well if i can't get close to her how am i even supposed to play the game"

like, she's fun as gently caress but if you engage even a little bit with what she brings to the table it's very obvious how to play around her.

To add to that, about half the comments lately are "This champion is insanely strong with this item and impossible to deal with" then you check the data and the champion is around 47% winrate overall and has a 5% lower winrate if they build that specific item.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Frankly, I can't dodge.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Drone_Fragger posted:

Sett is broken because he win's trades by losing them. He basically takes any damage you do to him, and does it back to you as true damage... which for on top of him also having a very good stun, passive, and %hp auto reset...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4IXJsl-1VM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzwRZxRNGXg

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Nov 17, 2020

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Elvis_Maximus posted:

They're hotfixing all the tank items which should help. Honestly, almost every tank has just been gigabroken since the patch, and amumu is benefits especially since he can force several people to sit around taking sunfire damage

amumu's got a sticky skillshot stun he can follow up with another ult stun, and his passive then causes all the burns he has to deal minor but rapidly accumulating true damage

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Can someone explain why they buffed Kayle twice in like two patches? The buff to her E to make it free was bad enough (since it gives her unlimited ranged poke and unlimited ranged CSing which makes her early game super safe now) but then giving her free attack speed for building AP just seems ridiculous.

Like she still scales into a 1v9 monster but now basically doesn’t have a weak enough early game you can actually punish her in it.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Tired Moritz posted:

Frankly, I can't dodge.

See I can respect this completely

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Next patch icon overhaul for those curious.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Definitely looks better than the garbage particle blobs that are there now.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
Yeah I'm sure it's helped by the fact that we're all starting to get used to the new icons but those definitely look way crisper, im hype

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Oh good it's not just me. I was having a lot of trouble telling what the icons were because they were so noisy.

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Drone_Fragger posted:

Can someone explain why they buffed Kayle twice in like two patches? The buff to her E to make it free was bad enough (since it gives her unlimited ranged poke and unlimited ranged CSing which makes her early game super safe now) but then giving her free attack speed for building AP just seems ridiculous.

Like she still scales into a 1v9 monster but now basically doesn’t have a weak enough early game you can actually punish her in it.

yea it's a pretty weird thing they did but I'm convinced that riot makes changes via pachinko machine. I'm at the tier where no one knows how to close out games either so any kayle experience is decided before it starts

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Drone_Fragger posted:

They buffed AP kayle to compensate for deleting hextech gunblade, which AP kayle bought first every game.
now afaik there are 0 hybrid ad/ap items left in the game.

Waterfall Watcher
Dec 17, 2018

How to ruin improve game sessions & family ties with one simple question.

-Would this be better if I used poison?
What has the game turned into? I am so confused now, the items. The items backgrounds are coloured and not black! Who thought this was a good idea? This is a travesty and now I have to relearn everything :qq: :qq: :qq:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I've picked up Elise and she is really really fun. I've noticed that her recommended build is pretty standard burst magic assassin with Night Harvester, Hourglass, Morello, etc, but I was wondering if it's also viable (if say, up against a tanky team) to go a Riftmaker build for sustained engages with Demonic Embrace and maybe Nashor's Fang?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I literally cannot wrap my head around the new shop interface whatsoever
also is it just not possible to play a non-burst mage after they removed Rod of Ages

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

also is it just not possible to play a non-burst mage after they removed Rod of Ages

I spend the first 2 minutes of every ARAM sitting in fountain wondering what i should buy and then my team gets first blood without me :argh:

It'll be great when it becomes muscle memory but I'm struggling... especially when recommendeds don't line up with probuild or porofessor...

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Jerkface posted:

I spend the first 2 minutes of every ARAM sitting in fountain wondering what i should buy and then my team gets first blood without me :argh:

It'll be great when it becomes muscle memory but I'm struggling... especially when recommendeds don't line up with probuild or porofessor...

just buy whatever, never trust your items, outplay everyone by pressing buttons real cool

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

you can buy riftmaker for sustain, everfrost for control, liandry's for damage over time, rocketbelt for engage, and that's without even getting started on legendaries

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

rabidsquid posted:

just buy whatever, never trust your items, outplay everyone by pressing buttons real cool

I dunno man im an adc main and pressing my right click button real cool hasn't felt very good so far...

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

sounds like you didnt lock in samira

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Radical posted:

sounds like you didnt lock in samira

Rolling Jhin or Samira on ARAM were the only times I've felt powerful with the new items.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Jerkface posted:

could be worse, you could be me in fountain wondering what I should buy and my team gives up first blood

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Jerkface posted:

Just download Blitz and import the aram item sets automatically and never engage with the shop interface again.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

nope! non burst mages are pretty much dead

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Riftmaker and Liandry's are really good though

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Yeah seriously, Swain, Morde and Vlad all own with Riftmaker. It's a crazy item and it makes them IMO stronger than burst or poke mages.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Miss Fortune is fuckin nuts right now. Please inject more armor penetration directly into my veins.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Doran's Blade icon still looks like a toy plastic sword

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

a fatguy baldspot posted:

nope! non burst mages are pretty much dead

You have not played with Malzahar. Liandries + Demonic Helm is a godsend for him and makes him into a floating monster. Diana also can use Riftmaker to be a bruiser or go for Night Harvester and Rocketbelt. Kayle is not a burst Mage (then again she shots out so much damage at the moment that I can’t be sure of this) but is one of the strongest characters in the entire game at the moment.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

jimmydalad posted:

You have not played with Malzahar. Liandries + Demonic Helm is a godsend for him and makes him into a floating monster. Diana also can use Riftmaker to be a bruiser or go for Night Harvester and Rocketbelt. Kayle is not a burst Mage (then again she shots out so much damage at the moment that I can’t be sure of this) but is one of the strongest characters in the entire game at the moment.

Kayle not even a mage.

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Jerkface posted:

I just look up my character on an ARAM builds site and just follow it. Most of the time I can get my runes and summoner spells in before the game starts! But sometimes I play aftershock Jinx with flash and snowball.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
turns out a team will ff if your 5 stack yells HORSE in all chat when you gank their hecarim

who knew

our discord was just a mess of "horse? horse! horse? HORSE. HORSE HORSE! HOOOOOORSE" whenever someone saw hecky near mid

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

I’m just salty they did my boy singed dirty

Polderjoch
Jun 27, 2019

May the sacred flame guide me... Or something like that.
Swain's a lot of fun with Riftmaker but not having any way to get a Mana item that doesn't force you to get Archangel's then feels really bad. Rod of Ages being gone really doesn't feel good honestly. I like the new items a fair bit overall but I do feel like Mana is a bit hard to come by if you're not picking a Mythic with it. The lack of a Mana/MR option also feels a bit awkward.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Kazinsal posted:

turns out a team will ff if your 5 stack yells HORSE in all chat when you gank their hecarim

who knew

our discord was just a mess of "horse? horse! horse? HORSE. HORSE HORSE! HOOOOOORSE" whenever someone saw hecky near mid

That's wacky, dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Polderjoch posted:

Swain's a lot of fun with Riftmaker but not having any way to get a Mana item that doesn't force you to get Archangel's then feels really bad. Rod of Ages being gone really doesn't feel good honestly. I like the new items a fair bit overall but I do feel like Mana is a bit hard to come by if you're not picking a Mythic with it. The lack of a Mana/MR option also feels a bit awkward.

Personally I like that fact that every mage doesn't have infinite mana past level 4, but the really mana hungry ones definitely need a fix to make sure they can cast more than 1 spell rotation before backing.