Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goatson
Oct 21, 2020

The real 12 points was the Thug-Friends we made along the way

IronicDongz posted:

everything that makes souls pvp good is that it's not made to be evenly matched 1v1s on a level playing field

I was doing sl60 invasions in irithyll dungeons disguised as a dining chair when the host ran straight next to me to where a jailer stood and started whacking it. From their point of view I must've popped out of thin air - perhaps even teleported - since by the time they could react to my presence they had already taken 800 fire damage from chaos bed vestiges and were collapsing to the floor. As I faded away I felt bit remorse: they had no way to prepare for my trick, no meaningful way to survive my ambush ... but then it was already too late and I was on my way to my next invasion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Everything from High Wall to Road of Sacrifices and Irithyll to Anor Londo has a very high chance of you encountering twinks who feel the need to stomp on undergeared players. Everything outside of that you can expect a fair fight.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
Was thinking about jumping back into this game on PC for the purpose of PvPing (which I'll probably wait until I'm in a good range to not just got outright stomped by twinked out players after reading these recent posts), but I remember reading reports of a lot of hacking on PC and having corrupted items injected into your account. Is that still a thing?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

codo27 posted:

I got summoned to a game the other day with like 4 or 5 guys fists only. I cant believe people are still getting off on this stupid gimmick poo poo. Straight up 1v1 pvp or dont waste my time

if you didn't strip to the waist and start fisting with the rest of them, and also in the game, what are you even doing with your life

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
So I made it through the obligatory FromSoft poison swamp, and beat the Abyss Watchers.

The swamp wasn't as bad I thought it was going to be. The poison is pretty slow acting. The issue I made was that I put out the flames in reverse order, and if I had gone the other way, I would have spent a lot more time on safe ground. When it came to dealing with the big enemies (the Elder Ghru), I just picked away at them with arrows.

I found the bonfire with the giant wolf who lets you into the covenant, and I tried taking out the Stray Demon up top, but he tossed me off the wall.

The Abyss Watchers took a couple of tries. The first half of the fight seemed like it was going to be nigh impossible until I realized that the knights start attacking each other once three of them spawn. In practice, the second half seems pretty simple, but I could not reliably dodge those flaming sword swings. I'm so used to dodging toward or behind the enemy, but it seems like dodging back is the key to avoiding the flame. I was primarily using the Irithyll Straight Sword, but after the third or fourth attempt, I returned to Firelink and upgraded the Claymore to +2. My intent was to use the Gold Pine Resin, but I think upgrading the sword alone was the trick, since it stunned the boss better that the Irithyll did.

I'm not sure where to go next. Greirat returned from his first scavenge, so now I need to figure out how to handle the next phase of his quest; I know it involves going the Cathedral of the Deep, and that he needs to be saved by talking to either Siegward or Patches.

I'm also still wondering how I should continue building my character. STR and DEX are still about equal. I keep thinking I should start putting some points in FTH to get access to miracles.

Max Wilco fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Nov 20, 2020

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

The next leg of Greirat's quest is in Irithyll, which you can't access until you've been to the Cathedral.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

And Tyler Too! posted:

The next leg of Greirat's quest is in Irithyll, which you can't access until you've been to the Cathedral.

This video (which covers Greirat's questline) mentions that you need to encounter Patches in the Cathedral of the Deep, before crossing the rafters. Otherwise, he doesn't show up, and you can't buy the Catarina Armor back for Siegward.

From the DS3 FextraLife wiki:

quote:

4. Greirat's Second Outing (Irithyll Dungeon)

His second scavenging mission becomes available after crossing the bridge between the Catacombs and the Boreal Valley.

He will die on this mission, unless one of these conditions matches:

• Siegward of Catarina is sitting by the kitchen fireplace in Irithyll. Don't talk to Siegward and progress past Pontiff Sulyvahn into the Irythill Dungeon, which will move Siegward to his next area.
  • Or you haven't bought Siegward's armor from Patches, and inform Patches of his destination after you send Greirat on his mission. If you already defeated Pontiff Sulyvahn, you won't have the option to tell Patches where Greirat went so he won't save him.

Note that Greirat will be doomed in these cases:
  • Patches will not rescue Greirat - even if you send Greirat on his second outing after the Yorm the Giant boss fight, and Siegward has died.
  • If you talked to Siegward in Irithyll:
    - Do not kill Alva the Spurned, who invades when embered - just before the Irithyll Dungeon Bonfire.
    - Do not proceed into Irithyll Dungeon. It has been reported that you may light that bonfire, if perhaps Alva the Spurned has not been killed.
  • Bug / Glitch: Remove Siegward's armor from your inventory before finding Siegward in the well, or encountering Patches in the Cathedral. If Patches' spawn at the Cathedral of the Deep or Firelink Shrine are bugged and you can't purchase Siegward's armor - it might be possible to give Siegward the armor that you have. If this succeeds, it has been reported that buying the armor again from Patches might fail the quest.

Kill any boss to complete his scavenging mission (Pontiff Sulyvahn is simplest, but the Old Demon King or Champion's Gravetender & Gravetender Greatwolf works too). If you successfully saved him, he'll return safely to Firelink Shrine immediately after killing the boss; otherwise you can find Greirat's ashes in the sewer area under the kitchen in Irithyll.

Here's the process as I figure from looking on the wiki:

1. Go to the Cathedral of the Deep
  2. Open the main door, on the left of the boss room.
  3. Quit and reload
  4. Talk to Patches
  5. Go through Patches' trap
  6. Talk to Patches again, and buy the Catarina armor
  7. Give the armor back to Siegward so he can get out of the well
  8. Make it to Irithyll
  9. Talk to Greirat and send him to Irithyll
  10. Talk to Siegward, and then defeat Pontiff Sulyvahn, but don't go into Irithyll Dungeon or kill Alva the Spurned
  11. Immediately return to Firelink, where Greirat should be after beating the boss

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
You don't actually need to find Siegward or meet Patches in the cathedral, you can meet Patches in the tower instead and then tell him that you sent Greirat to Irithyll.

Greirat's pillaging advances after any boss death. Could be pontiff, could be old demon, whatever. For him to survive this there needs to be another friendly NPC capable of saving him in the area, which could be Siegward if you advance him past cathedral(whether you talk to him in irithyll or not doesn't matter), or it can be Patches if you tell him where Greirat is after he leaves. Patches needs to still have Siegward's armor though because he wears it while saving Greirat.

You don't need to immediately return to firelink after advancing his quest, it won't change the result either way. If you did everything right you can go straight to irithyll dungeon.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

codo27 posted:

I got summoned to a game the other day with like 4 or 5 guys fists only. I cant believe people are still getting off on this stupid gimmick poo poo. Straight up 1v1 pvp or dont waste my time

I bet they didn't even bow!!

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
I can honestly never really figure out what the roving point-down gank squads and "Fight Clubs" with seemingly indecipherable codes of conduct get out of the game. Is there any satisfaction in rushing Aldrich Faithfuls or something? Is there an end goal here? Are they not bored as poo poo?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Disco Pope posted:

I can honestly never really figure out what the roving point-down gank squads and "Fight Clubs" with seemingly indecipherable codes of conduct get out of the game. Is there any satisfaction in rushing Aldrich Faithfuls or something? Is there an end goal here? Are they not bored as poo poo?

It's fun to fight other people.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Disco Pope posted:

No items, Fox Only, Pontiff Sulyvhan

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Something that's stuck in my head is the time I was scoping out random DS3 streams one night and watched someone invade what was clearly two bros doing casual co-op and then getting mad that they weren't fighting "correctly". Lmao.

KonvexKonkav
Mar 5, 2014

I've been doing some casual invading on my recent playthrough and it has been pretty unfun so far. I mostly blame the fact that the matchmaking is heavily weighted towards putting you up against groups of players. You're usually up against at least 2 players, so if they even remotely know what they're doing, they have a huge advantage. You can also often forget about ambushing them, since many players apparently just run to chill at the campfire when they get invaded. The other times when you encounter someone who's obviously playing his first Souls game, you almost feel sorry for the players getting invaded. One time, I encountered a host who, once his (very undergeared) phantom died, only resorted to lock-on casting magic while somehow only being able to fatroll in what looked like a wizard robe.

If I want some PVP, I vastly prefer just running around embered and getting the occasional invader since you often get a more balanced fight that way without having to deal with the fight club tryhards. The invaders often also seem quite happy when they don't have to deal with a gank squad.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

codo27 posted:

They killed you, didn't they. did they fist you to death

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

The first part of the ringed city, the place not the DLC itself, has to be the worst gauntlet there is in FROM's library. What a just hateful, vile area completely free of redemption. Those turtlebacks with the infinite range poo poo ring hell attack, the ember knights are easy enough one on one if only for the ridiculous range of the spear guy. Even the grunts can be needlessly dangerous especially on the narrow bridges while you are trying to fend off those loving void heads who also do 7 billion damage per swing. loving awful.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

codo27 posted:

The first part of the ringed city, the place not the DLC itself, has to be the worst gauntlet there is in FROM's library. What a just hateful, vile area completely free of redemption. Those turtlebacks with the infinite range poo poo ring hell attack, the ember knights are easy enough one on one if only for the ridiculous range of the spear guy. Even the grunts can be needlessly dangerous especially on the narrow bridges while you are trying to fend off those loving void heads who also do 7 billion damage per swing. loving awful.

It was the swansong of the franchise and they wanted it to go out with a bang so they turned the difficulty dial all the way to meme level. I don't agree with that decision but I understand it

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Just haul rear end all the way from the second bonfire to the swamp. The Judicators and the Harald Knights on the stairs are bullshit :argh:

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Almost every Harald Knight (void head guy) is placed somewhere where you can perform a plunging attack, and they take extra extra extra damage from those. Bring some throwing knives or alluring skulls and set them up for an easy plunge, they practically kill themselves.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
you can also parry some of their attacks.

trc is good and fun and sincerely just not that hard

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

The NPC invader fights are fun gimmick fights , and the Lapp questline is great. Lots of good stuff in the ringed city except the judicators and the stairs.

Gael is a great boss, and Midir, well it's certainly something else.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Man, gently caress the judicators. I was happy seeing the Ruin Sentinels again, less so when I'm surrounded by a firing squad of them.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I've made it through part of (if not most of) the Cathedral of the Deep, and the good news is I got the Patches and Siegward quest bits squared away, and after looking at a wiki, it looks like I haven't done anything to screw up the questlines for Sirris or Leonhard. Bad news is that it looks like I screwed up the questline for Orbeck, but in my defense, I didn't have high enough INT, and I didn't think he would disappear after beating the Abyss Watchers (which he still does if you don't give him a scroll beforehand). It really is absurd how you can potentially lock yourself out of items and abilities if you don't know the specific quest triggers.

I haven't fought the boss of the Cathedral yet (Deacons of the Deep), but I fell into the rabbit hole of trying to figure out equipment setups. I thought about going to explore the Catacombs after getting through the Cathedral, so I thought to look at the wiki to see what would be a good Strike (technically blunt) weapon, and I found that, like DS1, blessed weapons are also effective against skeletons and the like (thus, a Blessed Strike weapon sounds like a good investment). From there, I tried figuring out what weapons would be good against what bosses. The Wolf Knight Greatsword & Farron Greatsword are good against Abyssal enemies, and the Hollowslayer Greatsword is good against Hollow enemies. Since I've been using the Claymore a lot, I figured getting those would be a good idea. Also like in DS1, Black Knight weapons do more damage against demons, so I thought about seeking out one of those.

I'm also trying to figure out what would be a good slashing and piercing weapon as well.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

Was thinking about jumping back into this game on PC for the purpose of PvPing (which I'll probably wait until I'm in a good range to not just got outright stomped by twinked out players after reading these recent posts), but I remember reading reports of a lot of hacking on PC and having corrupted items injected into your account. Is that still a thing?

Didn't see this answered - the answer is yes and no.

Yes, in that there are still hackers. You PVP enough, you'll run into some, especially at the most populated levels/hotspots. Honestly the amount of true hackers you run into when invading doesn't "break" the game nearly as much as the overlevelled password ganks you'll run into :v:

No, you can no longer get banned from having invalid items injected onto your character. They removed that months ago (finally).

Install something like DS3 PVP Watchdog from the Nexus to help protect against at least some of the hacking. Its still possible to get "shadow realmed" by hackers I guess, which can ruin your character, so make sure to learn how to keep a backup of your savefile too, just in case

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

DoubleNegative posted:

I've been looking at the Cinders patch notes between 1.73 and 1.90 and this little gem in one of the more recent patches caught my eye.

- Added Burning Note: start in the Ringed City.

:chloe: I can't think of almost any reason why you'd want to do that.

To avoid the Drag Heap. Forever. It has to be one of the most powerful burial gifts to date, given the access to endgame rings and, again, skipping over the Drag Heap for good.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Went to Rosaria to respec after frustration with TRC, wonder why the bonfire wont work. Forgot that I dropped off the upper area of firelink, struck leonhard and ended up having to kill the poor bitch

Octo1
May 7, 2009

Max Wilco posted:

I've made it through part of (if not most of) the Cathedral of the Deep, and the good news is I got the Patches and Siegward quest bits squared away, and after looking at a wiki, it looks like I haven't done anything to screw up the questlines for Sirris or Leonhard. Bad news is that it looks like I screwed up the questline for Orbeck, but in my defense, I didn't have high enough INT, and I didn't think he would disappear after beating the Abyss Watchers (which he still does if you don't give him a scroll beforehand). It really is absurd how you can potentially lock yourself out of items and abilities if you don't know the specific quest triggers.

I haven't fought the boss of the Cathedral yet (Deacons of the Deep), but I fell into the rabbit hole of trying to figure out equipment setups. I thought about going to explore the Catacombs after getting through the Cathedral, so I thought to look at the wiki to see what would be a good Strike (technically blunt) weapon, and I found that, like DS1, blessed weapons are also effective against skeletons and the like (thus, a Blessed Strike weapon sounds like a good investment). From there, I tried figuring out what weapons would be good against what bosses. The Wolf Knight Greatsword & Farron Greatsword are good against Abyssal enemies, and the Hollowslayer Greatsword is good against Hollow enemies. Since I've been using the Claymore a lot, I figured getting those would be a good idea. Also like in DS1, Black Knight weapons do more damage against demons, so I thought about seeking out one of those.

I'm also trying to figure out what would be a good slashing and piercing weapon as well.

Are you sure Orbeck is gone?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
My lesson learned from my first clear of the main game is the slicing and piercing are for losers. Great Club for life.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

Logan 5 posted:

Didn't see this answered - the answer is yes and no.

Yes, in that there are still hackers. You PVP enough, you'll run into some, especially at the most populated levels/hotspots. Honestly the amount of true hackers you run into when invading doesn't "break" the game nearly as much as the overlevelled password ganks you'll run into :v:

No, you can no longer get banned from having invalid items injected onto your character. They removed that months ago (finally).

Install something like DS3 PVP Watchdog from the Nexus to help protect against at least some of the hacking. Its still possible to get "shadow realmed" by hackers I guess, which can ruin your character, so make sure to learn how to keep a backup of your savefile too, just in case
Ahh, good to know about the invalid items. I don't know how common it was but it seemed pretty messed up and not handled well on the other end with just mass ban waves.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Zerilan posted:

My lesson learned from my first clear of the main game is the slicing and piercing are for losers. Great Club for life.

I was playing around with the Black Knight Greataxe yesterday and its moves are pretty cool, until you are in a life or death situation and your kill shot is blocked as you reave the big loving axe off a wall while the enemy finishes you. I wish things weren't so "gamey". If you are going to give me a fuckin 8' blade, let me swing it horizontally so I can crowd control. I'm trying the BK Sword now and maxed out I can still do big damage while getting in 5 quicker attacks per bar as opposed to 3.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
black knight GA swings horizontally if you onehand it

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Yeah but then it will do like 2% less damage and I cant have that

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

Octo1 posted:

Are you sure Orbeck is gone?

Oh, I guess he's still at his study in the destroyed ruins near the Crystal Sage. The wiki said he disappears if you defeat the Abyss Watchers, but looking at another page, I guess that was patched out.

FextraLife | DS3 | Orbeck of Vinheim posted:

1. Speak with him after buying three Sorceries, giving him one Scroll and being any Non-Sorcerer starting class he will thank you and give you the Young Dragon Ring.
  2. After purchasing Farron Flashsword, Pestilent Mist, Aural Decoy, and Spook he will ask you if you like gimmicks and will give you Slumbering Dragoncrest Ring, along with the Silent Ally gesture.
  3. He will disappear permanently from the game if: a) you defeat Abyss Watchers without giving him a scroll (in unpatched game version) b) you defeat any four bosses after recruiting him without giving him a single scroll for study. Only one scroll is required to prevent him from leaving. If he disappears from the game, you will not be able to get his ashes, and won't be able to complete Yuria of Londor's optional quest. Both the Golden Scroll and Sage's Scroll can be acquired in Farron Keep.
  4. Once all spells are purchased from him, he will acknowledge you as a friend and well-trained sorcerer. He will then leave Firelink Shrine, and you will be able to summon him for the Lothric, Younger Prince boss fight, just outside the large gate leading to the boss fog. You will also need to have defeated the Curse-Rotted Greatwood to see his summon sign.
  5. After defeating Lothric, Younger Prince, Orbeck's corpse will show up sitting at a table at the Grand Archives, on the upper floor where the four sorcery-using candlehead enemies are. From his corpse, his ashes can be looted.

I'm short like 1 point for 10 INT, so I guess I can go track down a scroll and bring him to Firelink.

I'm considering trying to get all the achievements for DS3, but it looks to be more daunting than I thought. To get all the rings, you've got to go up NG++.

Max Wilco fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Nov 23, 2020

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Max Wilco posted:

I'm considering trying to get all the achievements for DS3, but it looks to be more daunting than I thought. To get all the rings, you've got to go up NG++.

Well, you have to get three different endings anyway so might as well do them on the same character. :v:

To be honest the NG++ stuff isn't the hard part of getting all achievements in DS3, the hard part is all of the covenants - most of them provide a spell or a ring, so you wind up killing the same enemies over and over again to farm their rare drops (unless you want to try and legit get them through co-op and PVP... ymmv but the wolf swordgrass and the proof of concord kept items are faster to farm... not that they are fast, just that the PVP will take longer).

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Farming may potentially be a bit faster for covenants but it's a whole lot less fun. I got somewhere around a third of my proofs from silver knights because bluecopping is real inconsistent and even that little bit of farming was easily the low point of my getting all the cheevs. Honestly doing the multiplayer for all the other covenants doesn't take too long because they all have some quirk to make it faster. Mound-makers can just kill phantoms, fingers get bonuses from killing cops, and watchdogs/faithful get summoned constantly unless you're overleveled. Sunlight is also quick especially if you put your sign down for easy earlygame bosses like the tree and deacons. You don't need to do the spears of the church covenant but it's a fun little diversion while you're going through ng+/++.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

The Berzerker posted:

Well, you have to get three different endings anyway so might as well do them on the same character. :v:

To be honest the NG++ stuff isn't the hard part of getting all achievements in DS3, the hard part is all of the covenants - most of them provide a spell or a ring, so you wind up killing the same enemies over and over again to farm their rare drops (unless you want to try and legit get them through co-op and PVP... ymmv but the wolf swordgrass and the proof of concord kept items are faster to farm... not that they are fast, just that the PVP will take longer).

For the Wolf Ring, you only need 10 Wolfgrass so that isnt so bad. I found that I got a lot of Concords just for showing up, too, so that one wasnt so bad (and you can farm while having the summon beacon active too). Ten tongues for the obscuring ring isnt too bad either since there's three found in game, so two play cycles while possibly net you 6 and you can Farm them in the same place as Wolfgrass.

Sunlight medals are fairly simple, just remember to summon and pay it back in kind.

The bastard is getting the Warmth pyromancy, because the enemies that drop shackles have a stingy drop rate and being a mad phantom seems to go pretty poorly for me most times!

EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

KonvexKonkav posted:

I've been doing some casual invading on my recent playthrough and it has been pretty unfun so far. I mostly blame the fact that the matchmaking is heavily weighted towards putting you up against groups of players. You're usually up against at least 2 players, so if they even remotely know what they're doing, they have a huge advantage. You can also often forget about ambushing them, since many players apparently just run to chill at the campfire when they get invaded. The other times when you encounter someone who's obviously playing his first Souls game, you almost feel sorry for the players getting invaded. One time, I encountered a host who, once his (very undergeared) phantom died, only resorted to lock-on casting magic while somehow only being able to fatroll in what looked like a wizard robe.

If I want some PVP, I vastly prefer just running around embered and getting the occasional invader since you often get a more balanced fight that way without having to deal with the fight club tryhards. The invaders often also seem quite happy when they don't have to deal with a gank squad.

I think invading can be a lot of fun but it definitely can be VERY difficult and you need to have the right approach to it. The most important thing is to not play it like you would with a 1vs1 pvp fight. Either pick a big weapon that you can take advantage of poise with, or get really good at parrying, since you need to be able to take on groups of players and kill them quickly. Parry stabs are nice because you deal a ton of damage and are invincible during the animation, but I prefer just smashing people with an ultra greatsword. And, whenever you can, fight dirty.

You're going to get into 2vs1 or 3vs1 situations more often than not. In my experience this is usually just people playing regular co-op, not actual gank squads. But people will still usually try to gank you in that situation anyway. The thing to remember is that you have the enemies on your side. So instead of rushing towards a group of players, run away from them and pick a spot to ambush. Drop attacks are great. Also always have an escape plan, so when the enemies in one area are cleared out you can run off to the next area. The cat ring and obscuring rings are must-have. This can require a bit of patience but generally groups of phantoms don't like to hang around in one spot for very long.

Against solo players I generally fight fair because it's more of a straight duel in that situation. A lot of players who are used to duels will not drink estus during one, unless they see you do it first. Situations like this are very good for you as an invader, because the host always has more healing than you do. You basically can't win a war of attrition. So if you get a signal that they want to play by the "rules" (usually they bow or something first), they're only helping you win. There really are no rules to invading though, so if you are bad at dueling feel free to do whatever you need to win.

Same goes for fight clubs. If you feel like you can win a chain of 1vs1 fights and that's fun for you, go for it. If you want to gently caress with a bunch of players sitting around waiting for their turn, even better. Switch to a chaos dagger and hornet ring and stab whoever seems like they might die in one hit.

And the most important thing to remember is that you will die more often than not. The odds are always going to be massively stacked against you. Really, your mission as an invader is to gently caress with people, not necessarily kill everyone.

My favourite invasion characters are an SL60 strength build with +7 weapons, and SL80 pyromancer at +10. These levels tend to avoid the twink nonsense that you see in the earlygame, but also avoids the high level meta stuff that is popular at around SL120 (this is where you see a lot of the actual dedicated gank squads, and also generally just people who are more interested in dueling than clearing the PvE content).

EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

Disco Pope posted:

For the Wolf Ring, you only need 10 Wolfgrass so that isnt so bad. I found that I got a lot of Concords just for showing up, too, so that one wasnt so bad (and you can farm while having the summon beacon active too). Ten tongues for the obscuring ring isnt too bad either since there's three found in game, so two play cycles while possibly net you 6 and you can Farm them in the same place as Wolfgrass.

Sunlight medals are fairly simple, just remember to summon and pay it back in kind.

The bastard is getting the Warmth pyromancy, because the enemies that drop shackles have a stingy drop rate and being a mad phantom seems to go pretty poorly for me most times!

I guess if you really want all the rings for completionist sake you could do this. Otherwise you can get a wolf ring +3 in the ringed city. Is the +0 one is needed for the achievement?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

EvilMike posted:

Is the +0 one is needed for the achievement?

Every ring in the base game, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
saint riot videos are your best resource for invasions

specifically,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxzUuUvdiW8