Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

:five:

edit: tax , Ragnar here was born in 2014, making him younger than starcitizen, and liable to live his entire life before this shitpile ever gets into beta.

Spuckuk fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Nov 21, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

Spuckuk posted:

:five:

edit: tax , Ragnar here was born in 2014, making him younger than starcitizen, and liable to live his entire life before this shitpile ever gets into beta.

That sir is a very nice catte

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.

TheAgent posted:

I can't believe we've been discussing star citizen for like 8 years

jesus loving christ

:actually: Development proper didn't start until 2015.

So we're really only in the fifth year of development.

And considering the amazing innovations the dev team has achieved, we're way ahead of schedule.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

no_recall posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9OAuViakOc

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/iae2950

ITS RAFFLE TIME!
ENTRIES WILL END WHEN THIS COUNTDOWN HITS 0.
https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20201119T00&p0=24&msg=Star+Citizen+IAE+2950&font=slab

To enter:
- You must be a Platinum Account holder. For PMs.
- You must quote this post.

What's your guess on the funding tracker sheet at the end of IAE 2950?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tMAP0fg-AKScI3S3VjrDW3OaLO4zgBA1RSYoQOQoNSI/edit#gid=1694467207
Current Pledge Amount
$317,425,743

GOOD LUCK FOLKS.
Grand Prize - A Humble (Steam Key) Copy of Cyberpunk 2077.
Consolation Prizes - 3 Humble Monthies.

Catching up to the thread but I'll go for a nice $318,345,792

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

:3:

https://i.imgur.com/ZeFZEWl.gifv

marumaru
May 20, 2013

ankle pipelines are still tier 0 i see

NumptyScrub
Aug 22, 2004

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(

Rotten Red Rod posted:

God yes it was loving terrible for me too. This game really is tedium distilled.

100% filler, no killer

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008

BluesShaman posted:

:actually: Development proper didn't start until 2015.

So we're really only in the fifth year of development.

And considering the amazing innovations the dev team has achieved, we're way ahead of schedule.

You're forgetting that they get 4 years of development done in 1 year so even then it would already be 20 years of development.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

you know what else was happening in 2012?

the ouya

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sarsapariller posted:

Tune back in tomorrow when our second new ship goes up- this one is obviously not an Anaconda from Elite: Dangerous!

Nobody could possibly be so stupid as to rip off two of their ship designs in the same week!

Looks like this one got leaked to streamers first (again) and the marketing material says it really punches above its' weight!

That's clearly a Project Ryanarcher, a completely original design

Thank you, I'll be here all Stimpire.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Inacio you fool! Did you not hear Lead System Designer Dan Trufin just last night?

"Uh, we're just, uh, we're just beginning, let's put it this way, from a design perspective."

But one day NPCs will throw grenades Inacio. And avoid them too. The promised land is there! Do not falter now! Not now! Not when we are so close...

teokarp
Feb 18, 2020
For each minute one runs this marvel of alpha, how many hours of lifetime the SSD sacrifices?

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I started downloading this 'game' and my internet broke, I'm sure this is not a sign of things to come.

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008

Aramoro posted:

I started downloading this 'game' and my internet broke, I'm sure this is not a sign of things to come.

Downloading is currently a Tier 0 implementation

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

BiggestOrangeTree posted:

Downloading is currently a Tier 0 implementation

I mean I pressed install and it downloaded a 30 gb file, then went back to the launcher again with the only option being 'install'. Pressed it again and it downloaded a 800mb set of files then back to 'install'. Pressed it again and now onto a 55gb set of files. What the ever loving gently caress is happening?

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Aramoro posted:

I mean I pressed install and it downloaded a 30 gb file, then went back to the launcher again with the only option being 'install'. Pressed it again and it downloaded a 800mb set of files then back to 'install'. Pressed it again and now onto a 55gb set of files. What the ever loving gently caress is happening?
Do you have some copper pipes in your house by any chance? In any case, it's your fault.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Aramoro posted:

Fidelity.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Aramoro posted:

What the ever loving gently caress is happening?

A question that Roberts never asks himself.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

BrotherJayne posted:

Oh poo poo, there are people in this world that have never had an MRE, arnt there

And people who don't or can't read the directions

Anyone whose never been cold and muddy and said gently caress it and eaten the reformed pork patty right out the bag while sitting in a puddle in a ranger grave hasnt lived though

You know anywhere to get like a single MRE? I want to try one but hell if I'm buying a box.

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

Aramoro posted:

I started with a 12gb download and clicked install. Now I'm at a 55gb update download.

Where are my missing 18.8gb Chris

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
https://i.imgur.com/mdHzfgq.mp4

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Ah yes, that's why they're currently having a unique once-yearly expo and sales event. Because it's not a game.

(Also that's PRE-alpha, citizen.)

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Some Goon posted:

You know anywhere to get like a single MRE? I want to try one but hell if I'm buying a box.

Please apologize in advance to your colon.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Colostomy Bag posted:

Oh yeah, for those that are new...the uninstaller doesn't work. You have to go in and wipe it out manually.

I'm still finding remnants from last year. Hate CIG's lovely installer.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Some Goon posted:

Army surplus stores, probably.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Is Star Citizen going to have a functional Hyperloop?

It doesn't even have a functional gameloop, what are you expecting?

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

chadbear posted:

I started with a 12gb download and clicked install. Now I'm at a 55gb update download.

Where are my missing 18.8gb Chris

My copy clearly has 18gb of additional fidelity, yours has been deskeletonised.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
Complaining about MREs was the closest I got to doing actual military stuff during my four years in the actual military :911:

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
PC Gamer promotes free fly event in less than enthusiastic way

quote:

In the strange way Star Citizen often handles these shows, there'll be a digital not-Top Gear host running around the expo providing "hot takes" on the latest ships and running fictional "Best-In-Show" awards starting November 29th.

This'll be the first time Star Citizen has done a free fly event since I built a new PC, mind, and I am tempted to have a poke and see if the ships are good. Even so, it's increasingly hard to muster excitement for a game that's consistently pushed back its own deadlines. Despite having brought in over $300 million as of June, singleplayer campaign Squadron 42 now sits without any anticipated release window.

Still, Chris Roberts insists a final release is coming, writing: "I can promise you the gameplay I described is not a pipe dream, nor will it take 10 to 20 years to deliver."

Anyway, Jo Blo is at it again.

impatient entitled FUDster posted:

Man, I don't care about the MMO-side of Star Citizen at all. Squadron 42 is the only thing I want to see... Put some focus on that, RSI!

Joe Blobbers posted:

They are going to release next month (before vacation time as per CIG Community manager) the adapt roadmap for public of their Jira internal process/tool.
Thank god, they're finally releasing... roadmap. Maybe.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Aramoro posted:

this is what my connection status looks like in task manager when I download this thing

Each line is a separate connection opened by star ctazn, it's just a heap of poo poo on every level

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

peter gabriel posted:

this is what my connection status looks like in task manager when I download this thing

Each line is a separate connection opened by star ctazn, it's just a heap of poo poo on every level

Spend less money on CIGpatcher.exe.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

I can't believe we've been discussing star citizen for like 8 years

jesus loving christ

I need an alternative-alternative hobby. I was looking forward to the big crash and burnout of '18 that never happened. I'm sort of waiting for it still, but it's gonna be a slow fizzle out.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Is Star Citizen going to have a functional ?

No

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

:3:

https://i.imgur.com/KwDBuWW.mp4

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
I'm glad to know they never fixed the pointless combat tutorial in the non combat hotel section, while not giving you a tutorial about how to exist in the hotel area. :doh:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Ah yes, that's why they're currently having a unique once-yearly expo and sales event. Because it's not a game.

(Also that's PRE-alpha, citizen.)

That duality between being the best AAAA game ever with more content than anything, and being the alpha that has nothing and it's unfair to judge it.

Oh the tightrope walking. :)

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm sorry to inform that the elevator panel updates is now 12% less done than last week. Stay strong commandos.

DigitalPenny posted:

This reminds me when I was in a kitchen store and old man walked, he brought in an old frying pan that was hosed along with a receipt so old it was yellow. When he tried to return his frying pan that came with a "life time garentee" he was told that the life time of a frying pan was only 6 years so he was poo poo out of luck. How ever he could buy a replacement that came with a life time garentee!!

To be fair to the old man the "life time guarantee" phrasing was specifically chosen to imply that and thus create that misunderstanding.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Nov 21, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Some Goon posted:

You can find them in army surplus stores and gun shows. They succkkkk (an exception are the EU ones that are just a bunch of off-the-shelf cans with stuff that people actually voluntarily pay for), not as much as SC of course, but it ain't a good experience unless you're like my cousin who once remarked that dried dog food "was ok".

And it wasn't even expensive dog food.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Nov 21, 2020