Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I can't wait for Arcana to hit console so 80% recruit stops being SE farms

Edit: farms where they want nothing but khoras with boosters but they call them blessings for some reason

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Nov 20, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slow_twitch
Sep 21, 2005

SkyeAuroline posted:

Apparently Steel Path planet completion now rewards 25 SE instead of 2, and they're working on a script for people who already completed it (per Marcus).

Cool.

Obviously happy for this but what a lol..

Sign in and get an extra 437 SE

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

slow_twitch posted:

Obviously happy for this but what a lol..

Sign in and get an extra 437 SE

I mostly didn't bother with SP since it's not my idea of fun at all, but I think the payout from what I did is enough to cover the operator armor so I never have to touch the mode again. Thanks, DE!

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Dang, does Terrorum ever get a void fissure? I want to farm traces and octavia at the same time!

dang man, thanks for the advice on soloing isovaults! it feels like i can actually do these productively now

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Nov 21, 2020

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

hazardousmouse posted:

Dang, does Terrorum ever get a void fissure? I want to farm traces and octavia at the same time!

dang man, thanks for the advice on soloing isovaults! it feels like i can actually do these productively now

It theoretically could now. But who knows if it ever does.

Axegrinder
Jul 26, 2004
Sometimes sarcasm can help us think more clearly.
I'm awfully lonely in the PC AkGoon clan. Would it be possible for me to transfer to the main clan please? In-game as Axegrinder45.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Axegrinder posted:

I'm awfully lonely in the PC AkGoon clan. Would it be possible for me to transfer to the main clan please? In-game as Axegrinder45.

Leave your current clan and drop your name in the main clan application form

Axegrinder
Jul 26, 2004
Sometimes sarcasm can help us think more clearly.
Thanks!

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Edit: posted before checking if the thread updated

Disco Anne
Apr 1, 2010

Assume you're going to survive.
So the void trader's back and I took inventory of stuff to sell.

Apparently at some point I collected the parts for Equinox Prime and Wukong Prime?

I think the moral of this story might be "playing after drinking heavily is a gift to your future self".

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
Anyone messed around with the new kitgun bits?

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

Dischorr_N posted:

So the void trader's back and I took inventory of stuff to sell.

Apparently at some point I collected the parts for Equinox Prime and Wukong Prime?

I think the moral of this story might be "playing after drinking heavily is a gift to your future self".

Baro is largely crap this time as far as I can see. Maybe the Obex?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

gnoma posted:

Pretty sure the new meta for killing mechs is Arquebex after testing different stuff. You can sit there and spam shots on the shoulders then once the arms are gone the mech dies in a couple hits. For widows you need to shoot over the shield at the head. Pretty safe too because you can abuse your own storm shroud to eat mines or absorb reflected damage. The energy economy doesn't hold up for 6 mechs but you can re-summon the mech during the cauldron phase and break the little orange caskets to refill energy.

Stropha is also still kinda good, very little else is. You don't get any benefit from punch through until arms are gone and they inflated the eHP a lot.

Finding a really fast way to break the arms would make for fast kills again. I've tried a variety of stuff including archguns but nothing seems to work super well.

I use a very good riven on a slow fire/high crit Rattleguts secondary, Silence on an Adaption Umbral Wukong and an Octavia Specter to speed things up. It's an easy solo and the only slowdown is finding Loid because I can't remember where he spawns.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

McKilligan posted:

Anyone messed around with the new kitgun bits?

Lets see. I messed around a bit.

I didn't mess around with chambers, mind you, but the spare parts.

They seem to fill some niches that otherwise didn't exist: (remember there's 2 axis and they intersect for parts)
There's some serious highcap magazine options thymoid, macro thymoid, and acroids which raise BOTH sc and cc minorly. (be warned some parts take 3 scintillant)

the grips are middle ground too: looks like the Palmaris primary grip is basically the Brash but a little less fast and a little more damage, and the other I thugoht was weaker.
I don't recall the secondaries much, I don't think I looked at them.

Still like, 150 magazine/3s reload options mean you can make an lmg kitgun. Worht inspecting overall, I think.

has anyone looked at the chambers?

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

SkyeAuroline posted:

I'd at least like them to not make the next vault only show up at one unmarked Mother location. But either of yours would be a big help too.

Agreed. Marking Mother locations with Loc-pins is your best bet, meantime.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

The chambers were surprising me during the Steel Path dailies. I had tested them on the test server but not against any serious content (because leveling things for forma on the test server suuuucks).

The Sporo as a secondary is kind of like a pocket Tonkor, giving a grenade launcher option with a nice little gas after effect, and the Vermi as a primary is very Amprex-like. It chains a lot and can reach some pretty good status effect chance levels. I’m considering whether to remake mine - I gave it the big ballsack loader but it consumes ammo surprisingly slowly.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Hows the sporo secondary damage as compared to say, kulstar/angstrum? I love both those guns but the rework/damage department is really lacking

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
Assmagus, LPer ass-traordinaire

TheParadigm posted:

Hows the sporo secondary damage as compared to say, kulstar/angstrum? I love both those guns but the rework/damage department is really lacking

Try catchmoon at full power for it's power, wait.. are we talking the new kitgun part or something else? either way, Spore/haymaker/splat or killstream 100% for that.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

I’ve reached the point where I can start running the profit taker orb raid. What’s a good setup to bring into a public group if I’m completely new at the fight?

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Zikan posted:

I’ve reached the point where I can start running the profit taker orb raid. What’s a good setup to bring into a public group if I’m completely new at the fight?

Honestly, the thing I would recommend if you are pubbing is anything with high defenses and focus on shooting everything that isn't the boss, aiming for the large corpus with the fluctus first. The only problem I would find in random pub lobbies is that there are three hotshots who can kill profit taker phases in two seconds but get confused and run around without helping when they take 1000 damage slash procs from big fluctus corpus.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
For real, even if you can't contribute much to the orb, focusing on taking out wanted level reinforcement staves and clearing adds is a huge boon. That poo poo can ramp up real quick to uncontrollable party wipes.

I checked out my profile for what I'm missing for mastery and the fortuna kitgun chambers are greyed out again. Do I have to level a second set of chambers and master them twice for the primaries?

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

hazardousmouse posted:

I checked out my profile for what I'm missing for mastery and the fortuna kitgun chambers are greyed out again. Do I have to level a second set of chambers and master them twice for the primaries?
It's a UI bug, they only count once last I checked.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Pretty sure you still only get the mastery once and it's definitely a UI bug. I think you can get credit for them again simply by equipping one of the greyed out guns for any mission. I'm not sure if you have to complete it or not, might even be able to just visit a relay or the dojo to fix it.

Your actual mastery affinity shouldn't have changed either way.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
ah, wonderful. Thanks for the info
FINALLY got enough seriglass for the weapons! Just one more for rankup

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Nov 21, 2020

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Is it possible to get a clan glyph?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
With the new gear, it's done. The MR30 test is easily my favorite of them, totally chaotic and I cleared it with one second left on the clock.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Echophonic posted:

With the new gear, it's done. The MR30 test is easily my favorite of them, totally chaotic and I cleared it with one second left on the clock.

holy poo poo. Well done!

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

gnoma posted:

DE has been using a hidden damage resist mechanic lately that harshly flattens out damage for well modded weapons.

Thanks for the vault post in general, since I'll eventually get the bug to come get MR30 and have to come back and do that poo poo. I still love that their solution to power creep is to turn Warframe into Destiny 2, but try to hide it.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Demolishers possess DR that scales depending on your weapon's DPS excluding critical hits.
oh my loving god DE why

e: i guess someone at DE just really likes dread

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

It's a good system to give you a somewhat consistent TTK despite your "power level" so people new to Uranus can play the Ur node and have a similar experience to vets playing it.
I like disruption. It would be utterly pointless if the demolysts just evaporated without a thought to it.

Khablam fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Nov 22, 2020

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i don't mind them normalizing that stuff, but i was wondering why my 6 trillion dps 0crit kohm was doing jack while my rattleguts easily blows them up

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.
I don't mind there being a system to protect content or whatever but the current version is kind of rear end. Because your damage is basically flat and crits aren't suppressed the ideal weapon is high crit, high, rate of fire. Otherwise strong weapons like Exergis or Heavy Attack Scythes get turned into mk1-bratons with no communication to the player about what's going on.

gnoma fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Nov 22, 2020

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

gnoma posted:

Otherwise strong weapons like Exergis or Heavy Attack Scythes get turned into mk1-bratons with no communication to the player about what's going on.

And it's not even consistent that way, seeing how absurd heavy attack Stropha is on them. Still high crit but near nonexistent rate of fire, it just manages to brute force through the DR.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

What are you talking about, fire rate is included in the DPS formula. gently caress knows how the calculation works for melee weapons though

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.
It's based on tiers and you will hit the highest tier with or without fire rate. Doing a lot of 200 damage shots from rattleguts with high crit is better than slow 260 damage shots from a tonkor or whatever. You can go try it if you don't believe me.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

gnoma posted:

It's based on tiers and you will hit the highest tier with or without fire rate. Doing a lot of 200 damage shots from rattleguts with high crit is better than slow 260 damage shots from a tonkor or whatever. You can go try it if you don't believe me.

Tonkor is bad because it has a 3.17 fire rate but only one shot

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Nevertheless, you are wrong

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

I just use Mirage on disruption. :p

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

BMan posted:

What are you talking about, fire rate is included in the DPS formula. gently caress knows how the calculation works for melee weapons though

The devs shot a mob exactly once with a Shred-modded Grakata and called it a day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

BMan posted:

Tonkor is bad because it has a 3.17 fire rate but only one shot

You have two interesting options in the Kuva Tonkor and Kuva Ogris in that their explosions deal slash damage, but the Tonkor is geared towards crit, while the Ogris is status and having a clip.

No real comment since I haven't messed around too much with my +magnetic Ogris.