Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

tbh it's more difficult to find where comps fish isn't good at rather than comps where she is good

She just slots into stuff so well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

childe + rust or xiangling + crescent pike for main dps if xiangling has more ascensions and a higher weapon level?

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Squiddycat posted:

"Heart be pure, evil be erased. Mind be purged, world be..."
"...based!"

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Virtue posted:

childe + rust or xiangling + crescent pike for main dps if xiangling has more ascensions and a higher weapon level?

Xiang + Crescent Pike unless you have the other craftable polearm and can shift Xiang to pyro support. I R2'd my Pike and am stuck with Xiang as a phys DPS at AR41 with enemies who need elemental reactions procced in order to take them out.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
I really hope they add some ability to hot-swap artifact loadouts in a future patch. Between the abyss/event fights/bounties it seems like there's a lot of incentives to have a dynamic roster that you tweak for each encounter, but helllll if I can be bothered to keep my active team properly geared through all that, so I always have a bunch of level 20 gold feathers etc stuck with on benched characters.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Yeah, you can make basically any character look good with all their constellations and talents maxed out

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah, you can make basically any character look good with all their constellations and talents maxed out

And using two specific characters that make it possible. It's not that 5*'s are overrated, it's that a couple combos of 4* star characters specifically can do work above their pay grade.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's a C0 Chongyun with C1+ Sucrose/Xingqiu and C? Diona, but aside from Sucrose's C1 none of those are really affecting the performance of that team, unless Sucrose or Diona happen to be fully C6. gandlethorpe did show some heavy EM stacking on Sucrose before though, which is likely the big contributor people aren't just going to walk into running the same team.

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Nov 22, 2020

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Also they're probably using 5* artifact sets that are going to put in a lot of performance as well.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

dogsicle posted:

it's a C0 Chongyun with C1+ Sucrose/Xingqiu and C? Diona, but aside from Sucrose's C1 none of those are really affecting the performance of that team, unless Sucrose or Diona happen to be fully C6. gandlethorpe did show some heavy EM stacking on Sucrose before though, which is likely the big contributor people aren't just going to walk into running the same team.

I have no idea how to tell what constellation people are just from looking. People were talking about how great Fishcl can be when you build her right be but I've only got her on C2 and I looked at the excel sheet on her and I have basically gently caress all to give her. No good bows, nothing.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

berenzen posted:

Also they're probably using 5* artifact sets that are going to put in a lot of performance as well.

Yeah, but that's an argument for farmable gear mattering more than 5 star characters.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

I have no idea how to tell what constellation people are just from looking. People were talking about how great Fishcl can be when you build her right be but I've only got her on C2 and I looked at the excel sheet on her and I have basically gently caress all to give her. No good bows, nothing.

so you just shouted 'MAX CONSTELLATIONS UGH' for no reason huh sounds like youre just looking for reasons to bitch because youre salty about something

not as if constellations is some kind of whale trap for 4* anyway, its way easier to get constellations for a 4* than it is to get a 5* unit period

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

The XQ is C1+ because there are 4 rain swords instead of 3. The Sucrose is C1+ because there are multiple uses of her skill. The Chong is C0 because the end of the combo doesn't launch a series of ice blades in a line to do a bunch of cryo damage. It's hard to determine the constellation of the diona because there's isn't a visual giveaway like the others.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

it's fair because a lot of constellations won't be visually apparent, just happens that team has a few that will stand out (Chong C1 generates ice blades after his 4th combo hit, Sucrose has 2 skill charges, Xingqiu makes 4 swords instead of 3). Fischl is largely appreciated because she's simple to use, you'll eventually get at least the Favonius Warbow which is good on her, but it's definitely true the freebie bow options are more limited than say claymores/catalysts.

i'm not a huge Fischl user or fan, but until recently mine was C2, she did her job of dropping bird for reactions fine and that's the only amount of thought i put into her. though if you do ever bowspam with a C1+ Fish you get a flood of numbers which looks fun at least.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Sucrose is C4, Xingqiu is C2, Chong and Diona are C0

You better believe I'm gonna fish for Chongboi constellations next banner, though.

Edit: Also, Chong's talents are 8/6/6 and everyone else is only level 60 :eng101:

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Nov 22, 2020

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

RareAcumen posted:

Okay I think you need to either throw away the spreadsheet or quit Genshin if you're this upset over a PVE game.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Fischl will still be fine even if you don't have ideal gear.

Country girls make do.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
game is a time gated pve marathon, if you're breaking out a spreadsheet you're doing it wrong lol

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Avynte posted:

game is a time gated pve marathon, if you're breaking out a spreadsheet you're doing it wrong lol

but how else are people supposed to justify shelling out hundreds to thousands of dollars or spending thirty hours rerolling accounts for their fav 5*?

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Oneiros posted:

but how else are people supposed to justify shelling out hundreds to thousands of dollars or spending thirty hours rerolling accounts for their fav 5*?

spreadsheets are lame, I'll do this because I'm a sicko who just loves the product

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
I’m such a spreadsheet person, I already have one for this game that helps me track what materials I need because my memory for that poo poo is real bad. Spreadsheets good yo.

Also, if you aren’t having fun, nobody is forcing you to play a certain way. Don’t like fischl? Skip her!

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
So i've done Dvalin 4 times now and every time it has given me a plume. I just want to upgrade Chongyun or Xiangling's autoattacks come on game. At least Diluc will get fat once i get round to levelling him up.

He also dropped a spear prototype. So i use it to refine Xiangling's spear? I still have another spare in case i ever want to make a second Crescent Pike or Prototype Grudge if i want to shuffle things round.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i feel like the main takeaway should've just been how the gifs show the strength of team synergy regardless of rarity and some common tierlist evaluations (Chong at least isn't rated highly). there weren't even any XQ ults adding his stupid amount of extra damage, just some Venerer/EM boosted shatter.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
the teambuilding aspect of this game is really engaging to me and it's why I will never stop complaining for more team slots and a teamswitching hotkey

kater
Nov 16, 2010

kinda want diona.

kinda want roll.

have 25 saved up.

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

must resist.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
So I'm AR 30 and did the Stormterror fight for the first time. I guess people got used to the random teleports when switching characters, but that poo poo is annoying. Switch character while attacking one claw, get teleported into the tornado and die. Hit Mona ult, switch to Klee and teleport off of Stormterror. Goodbye dps cycle. Is this intentional? It was infuriating, but maybe I should actually read what the abilities on the boss are before trying it again.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Trihugger posted:

So I'm AR 30 and did the Stormterror fight for the first time. I guess people got used to the random teleports when switching characters, but that poo poo is annoying. Switch character while attacking one claw, get teleported into the tornado and die. Hit Mona ult, switch to Klee and teleport off of Stormterror. Goodbye dps cycle. Is this intentional? It was infuriating, but maybe I should actually read what the abilities on the boss are before trying it again.

afaik teleports on character switching are a server lag issue, not anything the boss does.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Team comp and gear matter the most.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
I leveled my Sucrose C0 from Lv1 to Lv70 to slot in a Klee / Xiangling / Childe team over Barbara and sweet jesus discount Venti pulls her weight. Very much regret not getting a C1 for more skill charges, but in my defense I had her in the mines or doing overworld anemo stuff until two days ago.

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch

Kild posted:

Team comp and gear matter the most.

Now if there was only a better way to level up artifacts

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Ugh, I just ran into a second batch of meteorites in a row that ALL pulsed cryo. There has to be something besides rng deciding that.

Still, they usually end up like this anyway :smug:

https://i.imgur.com/fH6UkbI.mp4

Except for cryo slimes. They can go to hell.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I have only ever seen meteorites that pulse pyro or electro, and I dunno if I've had some freak RNG or what

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Don't fuck with the Rabbi!
I need help coming up with a "core" team (And a team 2 for Abyss). I am only AR34 (Close to 35) / world level 3 but figured I should try to develop a coreish team while it is still easy to level everyone up to where they need to be. The only 5* weapon I have is the Amos bow but I have a mix of decent refined 3*/4* weapons and I can also make I think at least 1 of everything at the blacksmith (No Rust bow though) .

Here is my current roster:

Diluc, Childe, Ningguang C5 , Xiangling C1 , Sucrose , Bennett C1 , Chong, Beidu C2 , Barb C1 , Xingqiu , Lisa, Noell C2, Kaeya , Amber , Diona. (I will get Fisch during this event )

My current "main" team consists of Diluc, Chong, Ningguang, and Barb but it feels like it is missing something (I will say I love Ning's burst and the shields)

Team 2 consists of Childe (Amos bow), Xiangling, Sucrose, and Bennett.

I feel like it would be a waste not to use Ningguan just because she is C5 (I am rolling on the banner to try and get her to C6 (Should have my next 4* pitty in 1 or 2 rolls and I will most likely stop at the point) but I am taking it slow since I think she will pair pretty well with Zhong IF I get him) but other than that I am open to suggestions.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

berenzen posted:

The XQ is C1+ because there are 4 rain swords instead of 3. The Sucrose is C1+ because there are multiple uses of her skill. The Chong is C0 because the end of the combo doesn't launch a series of ice blades in a line to do a bunch of cryo damage. It's hard to determine the constellation of the diona because there's isn't a visual giveaway like the others.

Ah okay. I have literally none of those characters and I'm dumb so I totally forgot that I could've just used the internet to look up what they did and I didn't have to own them myself to know that.

Indecisive posted:

so you just shouted 'MAX CONSTELLATIONS UGH' for no reason huh sounds like youre just looking for reasons to bitch because youre salty about something

not as if constellations is some kind of whale trap for 4* anyway, its way easier to get constellations for a 4* than it is to get a 5* unit period

Tae posted:

Okay I think you need to either throw away the spreadsheet or quit Genshin if you're this upset over a PVE game.

I don't get why you guys are jumping all over me for that post! All I said is that everyone probably looks great with all their abilities maxed out and that Fischl apparently shines when she gets even more constellations and can handle being a main fighter on her own. I don't know exactly how to build her for that and I don't have any spectacular weapons or artifacts to hand her right now according to the spreadsheet. It was linked in the thread and I was happy for it because I wasn't sure what I should be aiming to have everyone equipped with generally.

Like, I wouldn't be surprised if the game had a subtle tell to it for everyone's constellation ranks this whole time that I just didn't notice. I don't know.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Hope you guys redeemed your codes quick. Apparently Mihoyo put a time and use limit on it.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Sirbloody posted:

I need help coming up with a "core" team (And a team 2 for Abyss). I am only AR34 (Close to 35) / world level 3 but figured I should try to develop a coreish team while it is still easy to level everyone up to where they need to be. The only 5* weapon I have is the Amos bow but I have a mix of decent refined 3*/4* weapons and I can also make I think at least 1 of everything at the blacksmith (No Rust bow though) .

Here is my current roster:

Diluc, Childe, Ningguang C5 , Xiangling C1 , Sucrose , Bennett C1 , Chong, Beidu C2 , Barb C1 , Xingqiu , Lisa, Noell C2, Kaeya , Amber , Diona. (I will get Fisch during this event )

My current "main" team consists of Diluc, Chong, Ningguang, and Barb but it feels like it is missing something (I will say I love Ning's burst and the shields)

Team 2 consists of Childe (Amos bow), Xiangling, Sucrose, and Bennett.

I feel like it would be a waste not to use Ningguan just because she is C5 (I am rolling on the banner to try and get her to C6 (Should have my next 4* pitty in 1 or 2 rolls and I will most likely stop at the point) but I am taking it slow since I think she will pair pretty well with Zhong IF I get him) but other than that I am open to suggestions.

I don't have either of them, but you're kinda committing crimes against the reaction meta for not using Xingqiu with Diluc.

Diluc/Bennett/XQ/(shield breaker/Sucrose swirls) should make a great abyss team on most levels. I use Ning as a carry at C2 (using solar pearl from BP) and like her a lot. Give her Diona or Noelle and whatever elements you need to break shields and help with crystallize reactions (Childe/Chong/Xiangling/Fischl) and you're going to be good. Ning could also be more of a support-DPS/heal using the crafted Prototype Malice with Childe as your carry on team 2 + whatever other shield breaking/shield generation/heals you need to keep ticking. I hear Beidou is strong with Childe as well - there's lots of options!

aparmenideanmonad fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Nov 22, 2020

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

moush posted:

Hope you guys redeemed your codes quick. Apparently Mihoyo put a time and use limit on it.

Can't have too many people getting 0.3125% of a Black Tassel.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

12 for 12 on cryo meteorites. I just know the moment I swap Klee in, that'll change. I refuse to break up my squad.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

gandlethorpe posted:

Ugh, I just ran into a second batch of meteorites in a row that ALL pulsed cryo. There has to be something besides rng deciding that.

All meteorites in the same batch pulse the same element. I've never seen one with anything other than Cryo, Pyro, or Electro, so that's...about an 11% chance? Not too unlikely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bloody Emissary posted:

All meteorites in the same batch pulse the same element. I've never seen one with anything other than Cryo, Pyro, or Electro, so that's...about an 11% chance? Not too unlikely.

Yeah, I'm pretty convinced that Anemo and Geo don't exist as reactions on the meteors at this point.