Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system are you buying this shitheap on
PC
Playstation 4/5
whatever XBox is calling their poo poo now
WiiU
View Results

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
zombie solo (temporarily?) gone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Combined Arms is real fun wish we had more maps

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

funkmeister posted:

zombie solo (temporarily?) gone

That's too bad, cause that was a great mode to level up guns on without being griefed by other players.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Die Maschine solo is still there for me.

I am not too picky about maps, outside of that Palace one in MW2019. The map vote in this kind of sucks, I'll never get to play Miami

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
God to guns take so long to level up.

Other than that I'm liking MP in cold war a bit better than MW, I'm doing better and can actually get my kill streaks. In MW I'd barely ever even get my second tier rewards. Here I can actually earn stuff regularly.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Crain posted:

God to guns take so long to level up.

Other than that I'm liking MP in cold war a bit better than MW, I'm doing better and can actually get my kill streaks. In MW I'd barely ever even get my second tier rewards. Here I can actually earn stuff regularly.

I love Cold War more then MW until that loving Combined Arms boat map comes up. Then it’s the worst game ever made.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

What is it with pubbies refusing every chance to exfil in Zombies even though they're already dying every round? I just wanna unlock that dumb operator :negative:

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011

Perestroika posted:

What is it with pubbies refusing every chance to exfil in Zombies even though they're already dying every round? I just wanna unlock that dumb operator :negative:

Pubbies gonna pub but for me, im playing zombies to level guns. Dont just start spamming exfil at round 10 without letting me know why.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Perestroika posted:

use this guide solo, it should work every time

quote:

I think I have found the easiest/fastest way to unlock Helen Park operator. The challenge requires 3 successful exfils in Zombies.

•1st: Create a zombies class with a weapon that uses attachments that increase salvage drop

•2nd: Load into Solo Zombies Mode

•3rd: Allow zombies to enter into the YARD from rounds 1-6 and kill them with your load out weapon to gather salvage.

•4th: At round 6 open up doors to the CRASH SITE and the wall to enter into the POND be sure to keep collecting salvage. You want enough salvage to craft at least 1 monkey bomb and 1 to MAX Semtex grenade or C4.

•5th: At the CRASH SITE buy Jugga-Nog and the Gallo Shotgun on the side of the crashed Airplane.

•6th: Keep gathering salvage! Once you have enough points unlock the remaining doors and barriers to enter back into the bunker and purchase Stamin-Up. Now, head back to the YARD and wait to complete round 10.

•7th: Once you have the ability to call in exfil, do so! Once the exfil round starts head to the POND and use your monkey bombs and Semtex grenades/C4 to begin clearing out the zombies at the pond.

•8th: You have 1 chance to revive yourself in Solo Zombies so make sure prior to getting this far you don’t waste your opportunity to successfully exfil from Die Maschine. After using your monkey bomb(s), you should only have to kill a dozen or more zombies in the POND, this is where the Gallo shotgun excels.

•9th: Repeat. Profit.

I used this method and successfully exfilled 3 times in a row with little effort. Don’t waste your time going into the complex and turning on power to pack-a-punch or trying to search for randoms who won’t even vote for the exfil. Playing solo zombies exfil round should only spawn 40 or so zombies, so it is fairly easy if you save up salvage and craft monkey bombs and Semtex grenades. Cheers.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

How do you get to the crash site / pond I can't find a map that's helpful

alg
Mar 14, 2007

I labeled a map with the only things you should need

START is where the tank is where you spawn, and where the radio is

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

alg posted:

I labeled a map with the only things you should need

START is where the tank is where you spawn, and where the radio is

Thanks!

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Zombies seems real fun and I'd like a full game of just zombies please.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

GreenMarine posted:

Zombies seems real fun and I'd like a full game of just zombies please.

Its really crazy to me since Activision loves money that they just don't do that. Make a giant zombies game.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

alg posted:

use this guide solo, it should work every time

That did the trick, thanks! Never noticed there was a way to pond without having to turn on power first. More importantly, I never even looked at the monkey bomb and didn't realize how incredibly useful it is for clearing out the LZ.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Nuketown 24/7 and double XP/Weapon XP start today at 1pm EST

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
2xp is to Nov-30th
Nuke 23/7 will be continuing after the event.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009

funkmeister posted:

2xp is to Nov-30th
Nuke 23/7 will be continuing after the event.

Very excited to see what we get for the one hour break a day during 23/7 Nuketown

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

V for Vegans posted:

Very excited to see what we get for the one hour break a day during 23/7 Nuketown

Garrison VIP only.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Nuketown but stretched to the size of the Warzone map

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Thanks to those who recommended Dirty Bomb. Fun mode with friends.

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013
I don't have any friends so what is the best mode in war cold ops 7?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Dpulex posted:

tdm

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Dpulex posted:

shoot the mans or the undead ones

just not dirty bomb or the single life team modes like S&D

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.
christ, how did they gently caress up nuketown of all maps?

whose idea was it to put a bunch of human shaped dummies all over the map?

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I dislike the pond route on zombies at higher levels btw. I prefer to use the roof/balcony to drop down and move through the underground to the pack a punch and than come back up into the yard. this seems to halve the map and creates more static spawn points and seems to be a pretty safe route to run. you can have one person looping the plane into the pond and another person indepently looping the spawn area and clearing zombies. I also rarely see zombies drop off that roof into the pond/plane area which is nice. that plane/pond loop also has a small mini circle if you dont open the door into the building, you can loop up and down uh the area near the crashed car and the wall and the zombies follow you very kindly like a conga line. i also don't open the back right corner of the pond because i want static entrance and exits from each zone...like in the pond i only have the entrance from the plane open making it a self contained zone apart from the feed into the plane. which is contained except for the ramp underground which is ok because i never run that unless im trainsitioning to the pack a punch or the spawn. it makes getting from the spawn zone to the plane zone incredibly long since you have to run the map but its a very safe static predictble spawn mechanic and i never feel like i get hosed by adds.

none of this matters if you're just farming crystals or whatever but if you get to the point where you're playing conductor to a map of zombies while some other nerd runs around and does the easter eggs you're gunna care alot.

e: drop your PSN For an invite to the cold war waiting room probably throwing a game up in 10 mins

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.
Do we have a server for playing zombies with goons?

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

that'll do pig, that'll do

Bruegels Fuckbooks posted:

Is that new? I feel like that has been a key part of Nuketown since the first edition.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

always has been

https://callofduty.fandom.com/wiki/Mannequins

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Nuke Town is alright, but why is it that small? You just need to walk across the street and you're already in the enemy spawn.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Bruegels Fuckbooks posted:

That’s been there forever. Maybe the mannequins are in different spots now? But they’ve always been there

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
If you shoot their heads off in under a minute, you get a rad Easter egg. I’ve been trying to shoot as many as I can at the start of each match in hopes that someone on the other team has the same idea so we can freak everyone else out in the match but it hasn’t happened yet.

The hatchet is the greatest lethal choice in this game and 99% of my fun right now is getting hatchet kills on other dudes.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Peeking into the reddit CW forum is great to see all the kids complaining about SBMM "Ruining" the game by putting them with "super sweaty" players.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Perestroika posted:

Nuke Town is alright, but why is it that small? You just need to walk across the street and you're already in the enemy spawn.

Nuke Town and Shipment are the series staple of “spawn, kill, die, repeat”. It’s pure concentrated COD and it’s why they always have them.

it shriveled up
Jun 28, 2004

Is voice chat not working for anybody else on PC? I have mine turned on and everything set to the right input/output but I can't hear anybody and nobody can hear me. I see peoples names with the speaker next to them come up on the screen but no sound. It worked just fine on MW.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Crain posted:

Peeking into the reddit CW forum is great to see all the kids complaining about SBMM "Ruining" the game by putting them with "super sweaty" players.

The fact that professional Call of Duty players can't get above a 2 K/D may be an indication that sbmm is tuned a bit much.

I think it more ruins things for playing with friends because the bottom of the scoreboard is getting absolutely stomped if there's a big group skill disparity.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008

Hackan Slash posted:

The fact that professional Call of Duty players can't get above a 2 K/D may be an indication that sbmm is tuned a bit much.

It's funny because I play with and against people with 2+ k/d all day every day

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

That’s been there forever. Maybe the mannequins are in different spots now? But they’ve always been there

I looked at a video of blops 4 etc and I do see them. I guess they blended in so well I didn't even remember.

I think my problem is their new placements and how visible they are - I definitely shot mannequins thinking they were players, and they're placed in spots I like to peek so it pissed me off.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

V for Vegans posted:

If you shoot their heads off in under a minute, you get a rad Easter egg. I’ve been trying to shoot as many as I can at the start of each match in hopes that someone on the other team has the same idea so we can freak everyone else out in the match but it hasn’t happened yet.

The hatchet is the greatest lethal choice in this game and 99% of my fun right now is getting hatchet kills on other dudes.

Now I'm going to start doing this.

My favorite part of the Nuketown's closeness is saving my bomber remote control truck for the Domination side switch then rushing it to the other spawn. Usually can get 2-3 kills with guys still hanging out to the flag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Hackan Slash posted:

I think it more ruins things for playing with friends because the bottom of the scoreboard is getting absolutely stomped if there's a big group skill disparity.

really? because it would seem to be a sign that it's succeeding in putting them in against players of comparable skill

they really just need to give people the option to see their numeric rating - it would engender a fair bit of toxicity, but it would also give people an incentive to actually improve/care about performance