Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah, I'm pretty convinced that Anemo and Geo don't exist as reactions on the meteors at this point.

Those definitely don't and are usually treated differently from the other four in most mechanics. For one, anemo and geo can't persist as a status effect. What's weird is there aren't any hydro meteorites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012
A dendro meteorite with fire slimes would be an absolute nightmare.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

gandlethorpe posted:

Those definitely don't and are usually treated differently from the other four in most mechanics. For one, anemo and geo can't persist as a status effect. What's weird is there aren't any hydro meteorites.

Anemo and Geo persist on the hypostases. It's... a little weird. The Anemo hypostasis immediately swirls off whatever you put on it so you can't get another reaction, and the Geo hypostasis never shrugs anything off on its own so it's like it's completely non-elemental.

I completely buy that there aren't any hydro meteorites, you could just bring a cryo character and freeze everything. Cryo imbuement also does freeze protect, but I don't know what hydro imbue does.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I have to wonder if they'll expand Dendro into more of a proper element at some point when we start getting dendro characters. I can't imagine them being very good if all we get is the burning reaction forever for that element unless they give some other kinda bonus to the characters to compensate.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
There's no way dendro doesn't get a major rework by the time the first playable one comes out. I imagine it'll have anemo/geo style support reactions.

Fun fact, there are already some dendro counterparts in the game that have been datamined, e.g. ascension jewels (they'll use emeralds), oils/potions, abyss mage

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

at this point I'm just worried we're gonna go from 1.1 Zhongli to 1.2 Albedo to 1.3 Xiao & Baizhu and i will literally die even with not caring about Xiao

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I'd assume it'd work similar to Fire/water/ice but with Water/Dendro/Lightning?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

So I guess I need to build Childe or Xingqiu now, huh.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I can't comment on the rest, but good God if you get an electro meteor and it's raining...

*Shudder*

Took me a hot minute to figure out what the hell was going on. Still kind of annoying for me since I use Xinq anyway and his buff makes you wet, but oy.

Cryo is hilarious because I pop into Baedou and just delete enemies.

Edit:^^^^^. God I'd kill for a good +hydro artifact right now.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

poo poo.... 19 pulls after my last 5*

I ain’t complaining but I was really trying to build that pity up.

Edit: pull right after that

Edit 2 why doesn’t that 5* show up in my history??

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Nov 22, 2020

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

gandlethorpe posted:

Rain is the Hydro meteorite.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

MarcusSA posted:

Edit 2 why doesn’t that 5* show up in my history??
It takes a while, as much as a couple hours, before the history updates.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Out of curiosity what chapter of the adventurer log are people on? I've been walled at chapter 7 for ages because I'm either too busy or too tired to farm and it wants me to get 8 artifacts to level 16 and ascend a character to level 80 cap.

Also I just realized today that the only 4* character I'm missing at this point is Chongyun. And Xinyan when she comes out. I'm too fanatical about collecting characters. :shepface:

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Out of curiosity what chapter of the adventurer log are people on? I've been walled at chapter 7 for ages because I'm either too busy or too tired to farm and it wants me to get 8 artifacts to level 16 and ascend a character to level 80 cap.

Also I just realized today that the only 4* character I'm missing at this point is Chongyun. And Xinyan when she comes out. I'm too fanatical about collecting characters. :shepface:

Are you sure you don't mean chapter 8? That's the one with the "get 8 4* artifacts to 16" and "ascend a character to phase 5" requirements.

I got to chapter 9 earlier this week, but I don't plan on trying to finish the rest of it until I hit AR45 and start doing 5* artifact farming.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I rushed through the log thinking that there were more chapters and thus more AXP but there aren't there's just 9. Its poop. I think I was around A42 when I finished it. This is a terrible plan btw my artifacts are pretty dang bad. Like I don't think I leveled anything unusable but I am so sick of Gladiators.

Also I convinced myself I wanted Diona and decided to throw 20 wishes at it despite being around 60 into the pity.

No Diona :L

BUT turns out Diluc dies in one hit to level 60 hilichurls so that's neat.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

YoshiOfYellow posted:

AR44 and... are you sure you're not at chapter 8 or 9? I'm on chapter 9 which is the "get to level 80" chapter, and I think it's the last one available. I explore too much, pretty much all of the non-leveling objectives are done as soon as I get to that part of the log.

On an additional note, I pulled into the L80 Liyue weapon domain for the first time today and it seems like it's actually easier than the L69 one? Having Cicins mixed in with the slimes means that I can AOE cryo or pyro the whole lot, I get the megareaction and the Cicin catches the cryo/pyro, and then I can Swirl it off of her and get the megareaction again.

In that case where you Swirl and get a reaction because of the element coming off, whose Elemental Mastery is used there? Probably the Anemo character's, right?

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

kater posted:

I rushed through the log thinking that there were more chapters and thus more AXP but there aren't there's just 9. Its poop. I think I was around A42 when I finished it. This is a terrible plan btw my artifacts are pretty dang bad. Like I don't think I leveled anything unusable but I am so sick of Gladiators.

Also I convinced myself I wanted Diona and decided to throw 20 wishes at it despite being around 60 into the pity.

No Diona :L

BUT turns out Diluc dies in one hit to level 60 hilichurls so that's neat.

How do you like using Noelle? How many const do you have? I am constantly tempted by her and her shield.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
If i roll a 4-star or higher on a banner, does the pity timer reset?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Farg posted:

If i roll a 4-star or higher on a banner, does the pity timer reset?

4* is one every 10 (ish) and is independent from the 5* pity.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

YoshiOfYellow posted:

hit 45 this week and have been stalled at chapter 8 for most of 40+

just haven't had the ambition to farm mats for the last weapon to 70, and 1 to phase 5

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I got her to c6 last banner so uh yeah that skews things, but I think she is amazing and is basically soloing an abyss side with whatever bunch of misfits I send with her.

I've become a big fan of geo in general though and think the crystal shards are definitely something you want around.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

aparmenideanmonad posted:

I don't have either of them, but you're kinda committing crimes against the reaction meta for not using Xingqiu with Diluc.

Diluc/Bennett/XQ/(shield breaker/Sucrose swirls) should make a great abyss team on most levels. I use Ning as a carry at C2 (using solar pearl from BP) and like her a lot. Give her Diona or Noelle and whatever elements you need to break shields and help with crystallize reactions (Childe/Chong/Xiangling/Fischl) and you're going to be good. Ning could also be more of a support-DPS/heal using the crafted Prototype Malice with Childe as your carry on team 2 + whatever other shield breaking/shield generation/heals you need to keep ticking. I hear Beidou is strong with Childe as well - there's lots of options!

Hot take: XQ is probably a better support than fischl. She’s overturned, but she can’t heal, her ult is a bit of extra aoe electric and then just her elemental skill refreshed, and she can’t proc vaporize or melt, both of which will (probably) scale better going forward, especially since the premiere carries are fire right now, and outside of Klee/Diluc, Keqing and Chong both also want XQ. It also helps that fischl and XQ amplify each other as well, by a fair amount.

Build XQ, give him a sacrificial sword if you’ve got one, and realize how absurd he really is.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

How does sacrificial sword work with xingqiu anyway? I thought it seemed kinda overkill like having sacrificial fragments on barb but everyone is saying he wants it

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

He really wants the ability reuse to give him additional regen, and he needs a ton of elemental recharge. The CD is 21s and the rainswords technically will last 15s, but you're most likely going to get get hit 3-4 times within 15s. The sac sword basically gives the attack 100% uptime, and provides much faster usage of his ult, which is one of the best scaling 4* ults in the game.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Xun posted:

How does sacrificial sword work with xingqiu anyway? I thought it seemed kinda overkill like having sacrificial fragments on barb but everyone is saying he wants it

Man, I super don't understand sacrificial fragments on Barbara. Doesn't the loop pretty much chain into itself once you get her T4?

On Noelle talk, even getting C1 Noelle is a tremendous boost. She's great not only for recovery with an extreme tank doing the recovery hits, but you can also use the shield and any ancillary crystals you get from popping it as an HP and interrupt buffer on anyone else in your team.

Also she's a geo claymore, and having Liyue adventures without a geo or a claymore on the team is 100% a "how many times we gotta teach you this lesson, old man" scenario.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

the percents on XQ's ability are insane that's the big thing you get from sac sword.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Xun posted:

It's 50% more damage for your pyros or constant freezes for Chong. Whenever enemies are not wet you are sad, so you want to soak them constantly.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I'm art AR46 and I only have one handbook quest left, which is to max out eight 5* artifacts. Since that kind of requires a shitload of money and exp fodder, I'm holding off on it until I get artifacts that I actually want to raise.

The other one that had me stuck, equipping two sets of 5* artifacts, I didn't even clear until a week ago.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Virtue posted:

childe + rust or xiangling + crescent pike for main dps if xiangling has more ascensions and a higher weapon level?
I have a C3 Xiangling and took her off DPS and moved her to support when I pulled tartaglia and it was a correct decision. I had to take a favonious lance from 1-80 which was expensive but being able to build her for pyro/EM/energy recharge is so nice. If you like playing Tart he is I think a whole lot stronger as a DPS than she is.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Nov 22, 2020

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Going to abandon the last 20k (plus whatever the shards get me on the bad mora buy) of the Mora in the BP in favor of getting a Wolf clear in this week for the BP points. Going to have to do it right at the wire while I spam refresh reddit to see if the next event stage requires resin, since going like three weeks without resin usage is going to really stunt me when AR40 ticks over in a few days and nothing can be ascended without burning fragiles.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Xun posted:

You want it to use it twice immediately so that he has near constant uptime on his burst.

Sac weapons are great because of the energy generation, I don’t need to run two ice units to have Diana’s burst on all the time, I don’t need two water units to have XQs. With my current comp I’m just cycling through bursts all the time

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Mailer posted:

Going to abandon the last 20k (plus whatever the shards get me on the bad mora buy) of the Mora in the BP in favor of getting a Wolf clear in this week for the BP points. Going to have to do it right at the wire while I spam refresh reddit to see if the next event stage requires resin, since going like three weeks without resin usage is going to really stunt me when AR40 ticks over in a few days and nothing can be ascended without burning fragiles.

You don't have to spend resin to fight Andrius, just to collect the rewards (which the BP doesn't care about). You can do both.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Ashenai posted:

You don't have to spend resin to fight Andrius, just to collect the rewards (which the BP doesn't care about). You can do both.

Don't skip the rewards if you're AR40+, as you will need the talent materials he drops. At some point you will want to level a talent with one of those materials and one more chance at it is worth spending the 60 resin now.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Ashenai posted:

As someone who knew the domains/ley lines counted regardless of if you spent resin, I am a loving idiot. (thanks)

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I mean, people say to save up your fragile resin, and even if you're not AR45+, this is exactly the kind of situation you're saving your fragile resin for.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I actually dont think the weekly bosses are worth it pre-AR40. This is a bit of a hot take but it's 60 resin for a 10% chance at a prototype drop and a 5* artifact.

Dont worry about having materials ready to instalevel after your WL increase unless you want to push spiral abyss immediately, it really doesnt matter.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Nov 22, 2020

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

No Wave posted:

I actually dont think the weekly bosses are worth it pre-AR40. This is a bit of a hot take but it's 60 resin for a 10% chance at a prototype drop and a 5* artifact.

It was literally just to cap my BP points for the week, since the first week was some bullshit and I didn't even break 9000. I'm not doing them for loot until 45, especially since I need all the mats in the world just to keep up with ascensions and the fact that my artifact luck sucks.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I think the talent mats are important enough that they're worth doing at AR40. At AR45 they still seem to usually only drop one talent mat.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Really wish I could turn like 2 of one kind into another. I can't level Diluc's talents anymore because the game just refused to ever give me plumes but I have a bunch of Sighs and claws.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Mailer posted:

It was literally just to cap my BP points for the week, since the first week was some bullshit and I didn't even break 9000. I'm not doing them for loot until 45, especially since I need all the mats in the world just to keep up with ascensions and the fact that my artifact luck sucks.

Can you cap your BP for the week? I don't think I ever actually have, maybe the weeklies rolled wrong, but either way pass-level achievements including events don't count for the weekly cap.