Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Bonster posted:

Because if they said "just stop buying medicine! stop paying bills!" conservatives wouldn't hum in agreement and keep buying their own $7 lattes.

e: seriously a common morning ritual is listening to a household chud rail on about millennials and their lattes, while sipping on a latte

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Skwirl posted:

Texas is also the only state to fight in two different wars over wanting to keep slaves.

The only state so far.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

letthereberock posted:

Why the gently caress is it ALWAYS lattes? Surely there are numerous different things people waste their money on?

“Priced out of the housing market? Maybe stop buying so many Walking Dead Funko Pops!”

(It’s like there are still people who never got over the trauma of the 90s and learning there is more than one way to drink coffee.)

At least it's not avocado toast. That one was a popular hang up for some time

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Still is. Say the words "avocado toast" in certain circles and I guarantee the first thing in their heads won't be actual avocado toast, but "LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT ANTIFA"

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
And another thing, what's up with these kids and their baggy pants? Get a belt you lowlifes!

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Pththya-lyi posted:

And another thing, what's up with these kids and their baggy pants? Get a belt you lowlifes!

*whispering in middle aged white person* They know where that started right? They’re advertising that they want to be a prison bitch!!!!

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

letthereberock posted:

Why the gently caress is it ALWAYS lattes? Surely there are numerous different things people waste their money on?

“Priced out of the housing market? Maybe stop buying so many Walking Dead Funko Pops!”

(It’s like there are still people who never got over the trauma of the 90s and learning there is more than one way to drink coffee.)

Because it's not intended to be a real argument, it's intended to automatically shut down the discussion and disregard anything that clashes with the idea that everything is just fine, no problems here.

If they went beyond the latte or avocado toast they would have to know about the lifestyle of the underpaid Millennial, and if they learned about that, they might no longer be able to feel safe in their belief that hard work and frugal living will always lead to success.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/JebBush/status/1330289506491248642

He kept digging.

https://twitter.com/JebBush/status/1330294465773363205

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

If you saved $7 / day then in 60 years you would have the deposit for a house here. This assumes house prices don't rise for said 60 years.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
The avo one was hilarious where I live, since everyone grows avocados and will literally give them away because they have too many. The bread is the expensive bit of avocado on toast in season.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Spoilered for engraved :nws: pussy.

https://twitter.com/PhillyTheBoss/status/1330135701610958860?s=20

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Is there work safe engraved pussy?

Also that looks like cast nws pussy rather than engraved.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

OwlFancier posted:

Surely work safe in an obstetrics office

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

OwlFancier posted:

Also that looks like cast nws pussy rather than engraved.

I'm not a jeweler.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Mak0rz posted:

Surely work safe in an obstetrics office

But is that endeming to the nature of the graven pussy or does any graven pussy become work safe in the correct environment?

What is the Gattungswesen of the pussy facsimile?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/luxlazuli/status/921583158125932545

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

xtal posted:

It has a French name so it must be for sissies. Which, now that I think about it, is really ironic. The coffee that most americans drink is supposed to taste as strong as an Americano, which is the name for watered down coffee that was too strong for Americans in Europe. American coffee culture is already for sissies.

Um, latte is Italian...

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

I explained how to cook a whole chicken in a slow cooker

https://mobile.twitter.com/Cyril_Matvech/status/1330152446543491074

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

At first I thought it was a typo but she explicitly used 'lair' twice. Also her horse is over 7 tons.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Mike Pence begins to itch, and he doesn't know why.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

learnincurve posted:

I explained how to cook a whole chicken in a slow cooker

https://mobile.twitter.com/Cyril_Matvech/status/1330152446543491074

Holy poo poo, I love the image of farmers or butchers having to autopsy every loving chicken.

Thinky Whale
Aug 2, 2012

All that most maddens and torments; all that stirs up the lees of things; all truth with malice in it; all that cracks the sinews and cakes the brain; all the subtle demonisms of life and thought; all evil were visibly personified, and made practically assailable in Fry.
"My god. This was no accident."

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

scourgeofthe7bees posted:

Um, latte is Italian...

Oh whatever, same thing.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Elblanco posted:

Holy poo poo, I love the image of farmers or butchers having to autopsy every loving chicken.

With David Caruso doing a full investigation of the crime scene.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Thinky Whale posted:

"My god. This was no accident."

Authorities suspect fowl play.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
God drat it

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

It'll weigh less without the squadron of Greeks inside.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/Jimmy_Sherwood/status/1330497605428711425

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Reminds me of that woman claiming to run a 4 minute mile. Just grabbing a shovel and digging themselves deeper.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

hyperhazard posted:

Reminds me of that woman claiming to run a 4 minute mile. Just grabbing a shovel and digging themselves deeper.

I imagine someone running like a cartoon character, just all arm flails and frantic running.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on
Those kinds of people have the strangest kind of brain worms. "I'm just going to post something unbelievable about myself online. Then when people accurately point out how impossible it is I'll just keep on lying!"

Pathological lying? It's some form of psych issue I'm sure.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Grimdude posted:

Those kinds of people have the strangest kind of brain worms. "I'm just going to post something unbelievable about myself online. Then when people accurately point out how impossible it is I'll just keep on lying!"

There was a girl I was friends with in HS who insisted she had invented several of the original Pokémon. I didn't believe her, but it was SO AWKWARD to call her out. It's painful. I think it is a combo of people who don't want to call them out, and genuinely believing that the lie COULD and SHOULD be true. "I COULD run a 4 minute mile, I just didn't THIS time."

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Grimdude posted:

Definitely pathological lying, but I don't think it's because they intentionally want to post something impossible they just don't realize that 4 minutes is literally faster than any woman has ever run a mile, ever. They think "4 minutes, that's pretty good" and just say it. Like maybe they ran a 6 minute mile and thought they'd just it down by a little.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

In case anyone is wondering how Reddit is going

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Inceltown posted:

What is it with white supremacists trying to appropriate AAVE, do they not know where the slang they use comes from or do they actually have so little pride in white culture they steal from ones they claim to be superior to?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Skwirl posted:

What is it with white supremacists trying to appropriate AAVE, do they not know where the slang they use comes from or do they actually have so little pride in white culture they steal from ones they claim to be superior to?

Are you referring to 'based' because that has been an alt-reich thing for a while. Did they steal it from brown people? lol if so.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Grimdude posted:

You don't have to be a pathological liar to say something wrong and then just refuse to accept correction. She could have messed up her units or used a lovely method of determining time/distance (this song is about four minutes and it's ending just as I'm looping the track = 4min mile) and now she's just too stubborn and proud to say 'well maybe it wasn't quite that fast, but it was fast.'

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/DougHeye/status/1330529800679792643

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Inceltown posted:

Are you referring to 'based' because that has been an alt-reich thing for a while. Did they steal it from brown people? lol if so.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq-jPa2-gdE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

Inceltown posted:

Yes, banning child marriage is a pedophile plot :thunk: (in case you don't get it: the P in "LGBTP" stands for pedophilia and is attempt to bring back the age-old slander against the LGBT community that they support pedophilia :shepface:)

Mr.Radar has a new favorite as of 22:14 on Nov 22, 2020