Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003
No non power armor skins as far as I can see. Yawn. https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/The_Scribe_of_Avalon_(season)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Is managing hunger and thirst so hard that they had to make it so that gum will replenish your hunger and thirst lmao?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

MH Knights posted:

Finally a clean toilet! Porting over several year old Fallout 4 assets must be hard. Now we just need a clean bathtub or shower. Or the bathroom sink/vanity combo.

Easy there, they are adding the gym equipment, from the fo4 vault you build, one camp item at a time.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Grimoire posted:

No non power armor skins as far as I can see. Yawn. https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/The_Scribe_of_Avalon_(season)
EDIT: oh you said non power armor I can't read

There's paint jobs, and at the end is Vertiguard power armor which has two big propeller things like the Enclave airships

Roman fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Nov 19, 2020

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
Is it a shoulder or jet pack? Jet packs aren’t skins iirc.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Looked though the last few pages, is the game good now? Played when the game was new and beat the main quest.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Roman posted:

EDIT: oh you said non power armor I can't read

There's paint jobs, and at the end is Vertiguard power armor which has two big propeller things like the Enclave airships

:eyepop:

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

Twincityhacker posted:

Looked though the last few pages, is the game good now? Played when the game was new and beat the main quest.

There is a free xpac built in that adds actual characters to the world and a questline roughly as long as the original one. I'm having fun with it tbh

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Twincityhacker posted:

The free expansion added NPCs but the core gameplay and usual bullshit haven't changed so it depends what you liked.

I log in every so often to dick around and get mad that some of the cool poo poo is locked behind MTX that you can't possibly afford from the free currency options.

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

I’m horribly addicted to this game now, I can’t get enough

Can somebody recommend a good place to farm screws?

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Office buildings! There is one in the abandoned town in Cranberry Bog that drops a lot.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Camp McCormick(sp?) also has a whole bunch of clipboards in the front entrance.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Manwithastick posted:

I’m horribly addicted to this game now, I can’t get enough

If you are high enough in level, drop a nuke on Monongah mine and trigger the A Colossal Problem event. The Wendigo spawns can be farmed for dozens and dozens of screws.

Failing the level requirement, or the gear to actually survive down there, Sugar Grove, the Charleston Capitol Building and the National Radio Astronomy Research Center have a high amount of typewriters, desk fans and globes.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

I have an unhealthy appetite for desk fans.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Like, a sexual appetite?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

bird with big dick posted:

Like, a sexual appetite?

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Sensenmann posted:

If you are high enough in level, drop a nuke on Monongah mine and trigger the A Colossal Problem event. The Wendigo spawns can be farmed for dozens and dozens of screws.

Failing the level requirement, or the gear to actually survive down there, Sugar Grove, the Charleston Capitol Building and the National Radio Astronomy Research Center have a high amount of typewriters, desk fans and globes.

This. Dont be a dummy and run outa the cave after earl drops. Just tag as many wendigos as you can and gather it all up at the end.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

ZombieCrew posted:

This. Dont be a dummy and run outa the cave after earl drops. Just tag as many wendigos as you can and gather it all up at the end.

Yeah, it's funny how many people just storm to the exit. Stay put, farm for screws and wait for the game to teleport you out.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

Manwithastick posted:

I'm not sure how much you know about the spawn system, but it took me a while to figure this out so I thought I'd share and apologies if you already know this.

Regarding "farming", you can't go to the same place over and over or server hop to get things to respawn if you're looking to farm in the brute force traditional way. The game keeps track of the last 250 (255?) items you've picked up and when generating spawns, it won't spawn anything on your list. This means finding at least 256 other things to loot in between the things you actually want to farm. So if you go back to the same location over and over, you'll never see what you're looking for because you've already picked it up-- regardless of what server it happened on.

The item might also not be there if the cell was already filled with spawns by someone else entering it before you and taking the item you want, or that person took it on another server then came to the server you're on and populated the cell but without the item (due to the same rule that prevents it from spawning for you).

This took me forever to figure out as I'd just keep logging in over and over in the same place trying to collect screws but the junk would never spawn. I started only picking up junk that gave screws, which meant it would be a long time before my 255 items would roll over, so all the farming locations were always bare for me. It is a pretty fair system but it relies on constantly looting things (or corpses) to keep the list rotating so the spawns you want will pop.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

I bought 76 a while ago (I know, I know). I had taken a break from it because it was ehhh without friends, have since upgraded my computer and wanted to get back into it.

I find the game's graphics very flat after modding the poo poo out of Fallout 4 and I am curious if there is any way to get 76 even slightly better because it hurts my eyes a little bit.

EDIT: To clarify it's not ugly exactly but everything is sort of indistinct, the colors wash a bit, shadows are basically nonexistent, etc.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Mendrian posted:

I bought 76 a while ago (I know, I know). I had taken a break from it because it was ehhh without friends, have since upgraded my computer and wanted to get back into it.
I find the game's graphics very flat after modding the poo poo out of Fallout 4 and I am curious if there is any way to get 76 even slightly better because it hurts my eyes a little bit.
EDIT: To clarify it's not ugly exactly but everything is sort of indistinct, the colors wash a bit, shadows are basically nonexistent, etc.
there are some gfx mods here (haven't used them myself)

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout76

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Taerkar posted:

I have an unhealthy appetite for desk fans.

when the 10 year hit and i replayed FNV i kept being like oh gently caress desk fans and typewriters then realizing you cant pick them up

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Mendrian posted:

There is a chat mod for PC that has been great for me. People will call out different events or bosses that are happening and you just hop to their server. Youll have to send a bunch of friend requests, but that is very common. Pretty chill group.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Berke Negri posted:

when the 10 year hit and i replayed FNV i kept being like oh gently caress desk fans and typewriters then realizing you cant pick them up

Even now when I play FNV I keep on picking up all the pre-war books in the house at the start before I remember they're not special.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Taerkar posted:

Even now when I play FNV I keep on picking up all the pre-war books in the house at the start before I remember they're not special.

What do you want them for in the newer games?

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

In Fallout 3 you could turn them in for 100 caps.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Rinkles posted:

What do you want them for in the newer games?

They scrap into cloth which is used to craft gunpowder.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
There's a perk in New Vegas that lets you convert pre-war books into magazines, so you can still get something from hoovering them up by the ton

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Combing copies of The Grapes of Wrath and Lolita until I somehow get a copy of Teen Vogue.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

They messed up an xbox update for Fallout 76 so rather than revert an update and make people wait a week they are releasing Steel Dawn today

https://fallout.bethesda.net/en/article/3LCTbDKcYAlAkgjIBoOr8l/steel-dawn-arrives-early-for-the-holidays

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
lmao of course

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

It's cool if you want to play Steel Dawn, maybe less cool if you hadn't finished the scoreboard yet

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

Roman posted:

It's cool if you want to play Steel Dawn, maybe less cool if you hadn't finished the scoreboard yet

Got my communism leathers, so I'm happy and ready 2 go (also in game thanks)

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

what happen why steel dawn

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

does this mean season 2 is over oh no i hadn't got the greenhouse yet

Insert a Name Here
Nov 1, 2020

]Heres comes a wild chalen-gerlrllr~

Roman posted:

They messed up an xbox update for Fallout 76 so rather than revert an update and make people wait a week they are releasing Steel Dawn today

https://fallout.bethesda.net/en/article/3LCTbDKcYAlAkgjIBoOr8l/steel-dawn-arrives-early-for-the-holidays

Ha! Sweet I can't wait.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

bird with big dick posted:

does this mean season 2 is over oh no i hadn't got the greenhouse yet
nah, its still active until the 15th

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I want to play

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

WHATS HAPPENING WHY CANT I PLAY THE VIDEO GAME

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

It's in "maintenance" right now, probably because they're trying to get the new update out early on the servers.

Presumably everything is on fire.