Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Internet Wizard posted:

My family had a jello salad that was lime jello embedded with shredded carrots and celery, topped with a mayonnaise based topping with sliced green olives and pimentos on our thanksgiving table well into the 2000s

cole slaw with more steps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Take this, thread.

Local new Buffalo restaurant trying to ape their next door neighbors creation, the garbage plate.

0/10 for looks but 8/10 for taste. I don't like the fact that I enjoy a forkful of baked beans, macaroni salad and a hot dog but there you go sometimes you learn things about yourself.

Comes with fries, baked beans, macaroni salad, 2 hot dogs or 2 burgers topped with "bomb" sauce.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Cage posted:

Take this, thread.

Local new Buffalo restaurant trying to ape their next door neighbors creation, the garbage plate.

0/10 for looks but 8/10 for taste. I don't like the fact that I enjoy a forkful of baked beans, macaroni salad and a hot dog but there you go sometimes you learn things about yourself.

Comes with fries, baked beans, macaroni salad, 2 hot dogs or 2 burgers topped with "bomb" sauce.

oh mygod

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Cage posted:

Take this, thread.

i would descend upon that styrofoam container like a raging storm.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Something about those hot dogs sitting there drowned in sauce and without any cutlery or means of picking them up is making me absolutely crack up

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Sorry, wrong thread

Sehkmet
Oct 22, 2004
All I want is a kind word, a warm bed, and UNLIMITED POWER.

Cage posted:

Take this, thread.

:laffo:

What restaurant is that? (I'm in Buffalo too)

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Cage posted:

Take this, thread.

halal shart pack

(would)

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Sehkmet posted:

:laffo:

What restaurant is that? (I'm in Buffalo too)
https://www.facebook.com/bombburger716/

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

redgubbinz posted:

halal haram shart pack

(would)

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

Internet Wizard posted:

My family had a jello salad that was lime jello embedded with shredded carrots and celery, topped with a mayonnaise based topping with sliced green olives and pimentos on our thanksgiving table well into the 2000s

Making that with veggies is some psycho poo poo.

Reminds me of the Ambrosia salads with fruit. Definitely a southern thing, my grandmother always makes one at big family meals. Usually strawberry but my family always did it with clementines.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

All I can think about when I hear ambrosia salad is "man, Greek gods had some poo poo taste in lake picnic food"

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Fairy meat

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Cage posted:

Take this, thread.

Ehhh, I mean as a Rochesterian I'm compelled to say something's disqualifying about it but I'd eat the gently caress out of it

I usually go home fries, mac salad, cheeseburger and dog though, and gotta get all the toppings

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Ambrosia here is a brand of tinned rice pudding.

I do like rice pudding but the tinned stuff isn't great.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
if you have to sell it as being good in the name, its fuckin vile slop

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It is a good name for rice pudding IMO, given that it is probably something I think that people would eat in elysium. Rich, sweet etc. Just specifically the rice pudding called that isn't very good :v:

Also the similarly named Angel Delight which is a weird pink powder you add milk to and it makes weird pink goo for children to eat.

It is something else I think you need an unreasonably high resolution image of.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

This recipe asks for FOUR CUPS of cool whip and a bunch of orzo.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Fartington Butts posted:

What. Orzo as in the pasta, orzo? with whipped cream.
Ugh.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Fartington Butts posted:

incredibly nauseating description thank you

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Oh, ORZO, not ouzo

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Data Graham posted:

Oh, ORZO, not ouzo

:argh: this exact thought hit me as I scrolled down.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Ouzo is just french orzo.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Flipperwaldt posted:

Ouzo is just french orzo.

Only if it comes from the Ouzo region of france, otherwise it's just sparkling pasta tips

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I had a completely different brainwave and thought "oh orzo not okra".

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Fartington Butts posted:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Fartington Butts posted:

Are you sure it's not cool whip and mandarin oranges?

e;
Love whip cream, cottage cheese, jello and fruit.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They were the green ones in Dune 2, right?

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/233943/rosa-marina-fruit-salad/

It's fruit salad with pasta in it for texture. It tastes exactly like you'd expect.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

fizzymercy posted:

It tastes exactly like you'd expect.

Aggressively midwest WASP?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
That feeling when you realize the pasta scene in Elf did not invent anything that people weren't already making.

You too can join in the sweet fun this season with a simple google search

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

What's wrong with you? You don't even have your beer goggles on!!

OwlFancier posted:

It is a good name for rice pudding IMO, given that it is probably something I think that people would eat in elysium. Rich, sweet etc. Just specifically the rice pudding called that isn't very good :v:

Also the similarly named Angel Delight which is a weird pink powder you add milk to and it makes weird pink goo for children to eat.

It is something else I think you need an unreasonably high resolution image of.

plot twist: it's the pink slime they make the chicken nuggets from.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

That is probably the best tasting onion relish

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Crop it correctly and that would make a nice explosion in the background of a picture.

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I, for one, prefer not to eat old pool noodles for dinner.