Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
animaniacs is ruined for me now gently caress you for posting that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
also gently caress them for making that

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
https://twitter.com/amconmag/status/1330420753515360265

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
and finally gently caress you i was going for a triple stop reading twitter

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Goast posted:

and finally gently caress you i was going for a triple stop reading twitter

owned

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
cpusa cards look like poo poo have a good night goons

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Goast posted:

The feds should invest more in graphic design

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol i thought XR was fake lib bullshit just based on the name alone

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Goast posted:

they were tremendously proud of plastic cards when they first came out and i was happy for them until i realized they had to write their own name on them. dsa may take 6 months to send you a paper business card but at least it's printed

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i think it'd be worth it to join the communist party if the card has a special barcode that allows you to skip customs when you travel to other IMCWP countries like china or cuba. it's like a TSA precheck but for communism

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

i think it'd be worth it to join the communist party if the card has a special barcode that allows you to skip customs when you travel to other IMCWP countries like china or cuba. it's like a TSA precheck but for communism

an unending stream of hotdog necked not-cops holding up a cpusa card, awkwardly trying to flirt with any lady customs officals with "wow, i bet you sent a lot of men to the gulag baby, we love those" forever

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 75 days!
ok real talk what the gently caress is the post-left

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

croup coughfield posted:

all left is the post-left because we no longer have power anywhere

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

it's leftism where you :justpost:

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 75 days!
it seems like a bunch of right-libertarian poo poo

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

croup coughfield posted:

It's leftism where the "post" in the above phrase, rather than referring to a set chronological period coming in the aftermath of the subject, refers in fact to the act of "posting" on an internet message board such as Something Awful or Twitter. This joke is still funny.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

croup coughfield posted:

it seems like a bunch of right-libertarian poo poo

Democratic strasserites of amerika is a funny avatar text. Its people who want to distance themselves from what was traditionally considered "left" thought such as marxism, anarchism or social democracy. They are stupid because marxism is correct

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 75 days!

Algund Eenboom posted:

Democratic strasserites of amerika is a funny avatar text.

taint ran again

Algund Eenboom posted:

Its people who want to distance themselves from what was traditionally considered "left" thought such as marxism, anarchism or social democracy. They are stupid because marxism is correct

what the gently caress even remains, primitivism? like what's the actual vision?

croup coughfield fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Nov 22, 2020

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Goast posted:

animaniacs is ruined for me now gently caress you for posting that

lmao owned

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://mobile.twitter.com/DVLiberatore/status/1330439441303953410

THS
Sep 15, 2017

im fine with any grouping of leftists, in whatever words they want to define themselves, as long as they agree the communists are in charge

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Algund Eenboom posted:

Democratic strasserites of amerika is a funny avatar text.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

croup coughfield posted:

taint ran again

what the gently caress even remains, primitivism? like what's the actual vision?

They tend to be crust-punks.

In reality post left is for people who are too infantile for regular anarchism. They just want an excuse to call themselves anarchists without having to adopt any of the leftwing economics.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
I always thought "post-left" was just the new term for neoliberal just like how the New Democrats entire schtick is they hate unions and minorities.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

THS posted:

im fine with any grouping of leftists, in whatever words they want to define themselves, as long as they agree the communists are in charge

i only follow the true heirs of Marx, internet cringe video compliation authors

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Peanut President posted:

I always thought "post-left" was just the new term for neoliberal just like how the New Democrats entire schtick is they hate unions and minorities.

Imagine T-man's T-man

That's post-left

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
and all leftists can post as much as they want

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

croup coughfield posted:

posting. feeling pure and correct. owning noobsopportunists, or strasserites, or spartacists, or whatever loving term they latch on to.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

now I'm curious as to what the original organization was doing, since well, overpopulating prisons and jails after literally rending yourself red-handed was still one of the more galaxy brain ideas I've seen

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

T-man posted:

i only follow the true heirs of Marx, internet cringe video compliation authors

Down The Rabbit Hole of Capitalism

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Dreddout posted:

Imagine T-man's T-man

That's post-left

:awesome:

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

croup coughfield posted:

I don't think it's a positive project with a vision to work for, "post-leftists" seem simply committed to saying that any leftist goals are fatally flawed and also possibly just capitalism in disguise.

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018
one the one hand, it's sad that leftists have no power because it means capital will finish consuming the world until it's a combination of cyberpunk dystopia and Norse ragnarok. but on the other hand, the only place we do have power is Facebook groups, and the way we use it there shows we shouldn't wield it anywhere else

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Its Coke posted:

one the one hand, it's sad that leftists have no power because it means capital will finish consuming the world until it's a combination of cyberpunk dystopia and Norse ragnarok. but on the other hand, the only place we do have power is Facebook groups, and the way we use it there shows we shouldn't wield it anywhere else

we have no power whatsoever on facebook, with facebook or using facebook. that's why we act like that. don't mistake the computer toucher PR with material reality friend.

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

T-man posted:

we have no power whatsoever on facebook, with facebook or using facebook. that's why we act like that. don't mistake the computer toucher PR with material reality friend.

you get to admin your own groups on Facebook

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

unless you post a gullotine meme, or say men are trash, or a nazi group mass reports you, or Zuckerberg gets mad at you, or the half-suicidal content banners find you, or...

admin rights don't mean poo poo unless you own the server and can kick it. material reality over virtual containment

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

did an investigation (brief google and twitter search) so I have the right to speak, seems like there's a 'post-left' strain of anarchism but it's also somehow come into use to refer to the aimee terese/etc set of weird pseudo-reactionary socdems, even though these are completely different things

if you meet someone really into stirner that's the first kind, if you meet someone with the politics of a right-wing labour MP but in DSA-adjacent circles for some reason that's the second kind

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
everything online is a simulacrum of real politics, not a simulation. all material concerns are stripped away just leaving individuals fighting over the stupidest poo poo as if it's life or death. the only thing online demonstrates is what politics and society will look like when people are completely atomized from one another and there's no such thing as shared sacrifice or common cause.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Dreylad posted:

everything online is a simulacrum of real politics, not a simulation. all material concerns are stripped away just leaving individuals fighting over the stupidest poo poo as if it's life or death. the only thing online demonstrates is what politics and society will look like when people are completely atomized from one another and there's no such thing as shared sacrifice or common cause.

i have bad news for u

ur living in that world neo