Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Imagine having so much of your identity wrapped up in a media property that’s cynically over produced to extract money from as many people as possible using every manipulative narrative trick they’ve ever figured out — which huh I guess that’s part of why their identity is so wrapped up in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Southpaugh posted:

Nah the armour thing is incredibly low hanging fruit, to make a storm in a teacup about nothing. The armour has boob space in the plating. Its not egregious, its not sexualised, but it is feminine. It follows the character designs for the characters from clone wars and I'm sure they've all had millions of action figures of that design etc etc. It's an exercise in driving engagement having a go at the current popular TV show. Tedious stuff.

Just don't read the Nazi website. BOOM problem solved.

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018
I like Mandalorian but I'm not some kind of superfan. that tweet is just a good example of how she's always trying to stir poo poo up over nothing. her and her extremely trolled critics are part of a mutual ecosystem, like neocons and terrorists

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Southpaugh posted:

Nah the armour thing is incredibly low hanging fruit, to make a storm in a teacup about nothing. The armour has boob space in the plating. Its not egregious, its not sexualised, but it is feminine. It follows the character designs for the characters from clone wars and I'm sure they've all had millions of action figures of that design etc etc. It's an exercise in driving engagement having a go at the current popular TV show. Tedious stuff.

Its Coke posted:

I like Mandalorian but I'm not some kind of superfan. that tweet is just a good example of how she's always trying to stir poo poo up over nothing. her and her extremely trolled critics are part of a mutual ecosystem, like neocons and terrorists

ah. yes. this one person tweets about something she doesn't like and for ~some reason~ you think it's an insincere attention-seeking ploy

hmmmmm, yes, yes. tell me, do you both have a skull on the shelf behind your posting station?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

can't believe she'd shame media properties for normalizing reasonable accommodations for the well-endowed

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Maybe people just post their half-formed reactions to things on twitter without a sinister purpose or even much reflection at all.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

the opposition to lady-shaped armor is ironic to me because the current body armor designs are far more effective if someone's torso is flat, so designing form-fitting armor for women could make it function better for them

that being said, boob plates are not necessarily the way to go (maybe just adding layers in the gaps could do the trick)

the dominatrix-style armor in sci-fi or GG cup boob cavities are definitely regressive

Filthy Hans has issued a correction as of 18:34 on Nov 22, 2020

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

it is fukkin garbage for literal babies so that the babies will demand toys

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Maybe they should just paint big red kissy lips on the helmets, or put big eyelashes around the eyepieces.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Maybe they should just paint big red kissy lips on the helmets, or put big eyelashes around the eyepieces.

A lady at work has giant plastic eyelashes on their New Beetle and it looks scary.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Make it Exactly the same as all the other mandalorians but there’s a pink bow on the head

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

It’s two sentences.

She knows exactly what shes doing. I don't blame her for it, but its obvious to everyone, especially anita what the reaction to that will be.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

M'andalorian.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

it is genuinely funny that nearly a decade later, all she needs to do to rile up shitbirds is to do the exact same exceedingly basic takes on mass media properties

like, there's valid criticisms of her, but el oh loving el at folks tripping over their dicks to point out that Boob Armor is good because it's canon or that it's just a little Boob Armor and not like they're wearing chainmail bikinis or whatever

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Southpaugh posted:

She knows exactly what shes doing. I don't blame her for it, but its obvious to everyone, especially anita what the reaction to that will be.

personally if i had the power to make legions of Gamers seethingly angry with anodyne tweets i would use that power at literally every opportunity

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
*sprints into thread panting for breath*

I like Mandalorian but I'm not some kind of superfan. THIS TWEET LOOK AT THIS TWEET RIGHT HERE is just a good example of how she's always trying to stir poo poo up over nothing. her and her extremely trolled critics are part of a mutual ecosystem, like neocons and terrorists

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

Maybe people just post their half-formed reactions to things on twitter without a sinister purpose or even much reflection at all.

when she has millions of followers and does this in the same pattern for years I think she knows what she's doing. she makes a tweet or article about how it's sexist that Princess Peach wears a dress and gets tons of engagement (doesn't matter if it's negative). then a bunch of guys on the spectrum make Youtube videos with cartoon avatars explaining how wrong she is for an hour, and they get views. everyone wins

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Jazerus posted:

personally if i had the power to make legions of Gamers seethingly angry with anodyne tweets i would use that power at literally every opportunity

Can you imagine the endorphin rush

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
The only issue I had with it was that the previous female Mandalorian didn't have boob armor at all.

But considering that Mando's sect turned out to be hyper orthodox religious weirdos for all we know the Blacksmith had the equivalent of a burqa on.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Panfilo posted:

The only issue I had with it was that the previous female Mandalorian didn't have boob armor at all.

But considering that Mando's sect turned out to be hyper orthodox religious weirdos for all we know the Blacksmith had the equivalent of a burqa on.

how are you going to sell more toys if the new ones look just like the old ones

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Filthy Hans posted:

how are you going to sell more toys if the new ones look just like the old ones

idk seems to work for funko pops

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

I can't wait for season 3 where Baby Yoda's love interest is introduced: another Baby Yoda, but this one has tittays

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Its Coke posted:

when she has millions of followers and does this in the same pattern for years I think she knows what she's doing. she makes a tweet or article about how it's sexist that Princess Peach wears a dress and gets tons of engagement (doesn't matter if it's negative). then a bunch of guys on the spectrum make Youtube videos with cartoon avatars explaining how wrong she is for an hour, and they get views. everyone wins

So the pattern is that she does something and a lot of people get mad about it? I don’t really see the perfidy here. What’s she supposed to do, never state an opinion about anything?

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

So the pattern is that she does something and a lot of people get mad about it? I don’t really see the perfidy here. What’s she supposed to do, never state an opinion about anything?
you see, a bunch of chud losers follow her and get mad at every tweet she makes and it's very tiresome

*phone dings* oh my god she's tweeted again why won't she just go away

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

the pattern is that she doesn't say stuff based on how true it is or how important it seems it's based on what will cause the most outrage among nerds. I'm also a troll so I respect the game to some degree but let's be honest about what she's doing here

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

FacebookEmpathyMom posted:

Make it Exactly the same as all the other mandalorians but there’s a pink bow on the head

This really is the best way.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

bedpan posted:

This really is the best way.

This is the way.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Its Coke posted:

the pattern is that she doesn't say stuff based on how true it is or how important it seems it's based on what will cause the most outrage among nerds. I'm also a troll so I respect the game to some degree but let's be honest about what she's doing here

How do you know that she isn’t just posting what she thinks? That tweet appears to be an opinion, for example.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

How do you know that she isn’t just posting what she thinks? That tweet appears to be an opinion, for example.

Its how she makes her money? Shes driving engagement, here we are talking about it. Which I'm going to stop doing now.

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

I don't wanna get into a philosophical debate about how do you know for SURE what someone's REALLY thinking. I'm inferring based on what she's been doing for 7 years

anyway my problem with the Mando armor is the opposite of hers. it looks too practical. having it raised a little in an area for a different body shape makes too much sense. what they need to do is give the women separated realistic boobs and put the men in hyper-detailed roman-style muscle cuirasses. nipple on both naturally

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Southpaugh posted:

Its how she makes her money? Shes driving engagement, here we are talking about it. Which I'm going to stop doing now.

How do you make money from twitter? The engagement seems to be a real one-way street here, is what I’m claiming.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Its Coke posted:

I don't wanna get into a philosophical debate about how do you know for SURE what someone's REALLY thinking. I'm inferring based on how insufferable bitchlords have been reacting to her for 7 years, including the posts I am making now

god it's like somebody insulted a podcast in here. gently caress, go away

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I know some goons still have a hate boners for Anita but like she hasn’t really been relevant for years now. you can let it go

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

How do you make money from twitter? The engagement seems to be a real one-way street here, is what I’m claiming.

her patreon makes 3K a month. Its donations. I'm not talking about this any more.

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

anita is right, dudes should get boob armor too

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

All the armor should be way more sexualized. An aggressive display of weaponized horny. Chainmail bikini samus, zero suit doomguy with demon skull codpiece, speedo greedo. This missed opportunity to JoJo-ize their defensive armaments doesnt speak well of the martial prowess

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Skim Milk posted:

anita is right, dudes should get boobs too

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Skim Milk posted:

anita is right, dudes should get boob armor too

soyboys need form-fitting protection

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth
It's time for the Womandalorian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I just can't get into any media property unless the female characters are all dressed like an 80's aerobic instruction video, but, y'know, sluttier.