Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.

Qwertycoatl posted:

I doubt any particular event will kill Freep for good. They'll just gradually lose members without getting any new ones until there's nobody left
I tend to agree with this. When JR finally bites it I think that will be a true inflection point since he's the leader of the freeper cult. FRs been on a decline for a while but it seems that their racist conspiratorial hyper-nationalist rhetoric has become the baseline for Republicans and the Overton Window has shifted rightward yet again. The millennial and zoomer freeper equivalents can find more palatable regurgitation of these ideals on Twitch, YouTube, or if they're really down the hole they can go to white nationalist bubbles like Parlor or Gab.

ffs look at freerepublic.com from a browsing experience perspective: it's solidly still in the Web 1.0 era. If you want a modern experience you need to be able to see freepers typing their spittle flecked all caps rage posts in real time, provide a modern interface for sharing media, and quietly mine their data to sell to data aggregators so they can send them microtargeted ads for products to fend off Antifa Supersoldiers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
Freepers are authoritarians so they require a Big Strong Daddy leader figurehead. JimRob dying will probably do it.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

"Blue pill" is even dumber than I thought.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Qwertycoatl posted:

I doubt any particular event will kill Freep for good. They'll just gradually lose members without getting any new ones until there's nobody left

savagesusie and lazmataz posting at each other... forever

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

This Supreme Court is absolute dogshit garbage but I doubt they even agree to hear any of Trump's claims

And also the "Obama judge" was picked by Pat Toomey, a republican

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Zwabu posted:

savagesusie and lazmataz posting at each other... forever

I thought savagesusie died? Or is that the joke?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Freepers are eagerly awaiting Armeeabteilung Steiner to arrive and win this thing for Trump

PC LOAD LETTER
May 23, 2005
WTF?!
Is jimrob even anywhere near death?

Isn't he like 40-50yr old or something? Going by the wiki his site brings in $250K/yr so I don't see him or anyone who might end up controlling it letting it disappear.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

PC LOAD LETTER posted:

Is jimrob even anywhere near death?

Isn't he like 40-50yr old or something? Going by the wiki his site brings in $250K/yr so I don't see him or anyone who might end up controlling it letting it disappear.

No jimrob is old and in bad health. Possibly missing limbs? His kid might be 40-50s though.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

Midgetskydiver posted:

As far as I'm aware she's still alive and kicking, but her mental state has deteriorated even further. The last time I saw her in the wild her ranting resembled religious mania word salad.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!

myron cope posted:

No jimrob is old and in bad health. Possibly missing limbs? His kid might be 40-50s though.

JimRob is missing at least one leg, yeah.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
I think his kid will keep it going, possibly even modernise it somewhat when enough of the old timers die off. Don't forget, it's his families entire income (iirc aren't all the extended family on the payroll with different bullshit reasons?) so he has every motive to not let the cash cow die out. It eventually will of course because younger people don't pay for stuff like Freep, there's a million places online you can go be racist with other racists and call it conservative politics.

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!
There's never going to be a single moment where 90%+ of the board members realize God King's second term ain't happening. You just see a few stragglers (more and more each subsequent day) basically saying "If I see another BOOM! article I'm going to spit / uhhh... the states are certifying tomorrow so Sidney better file whatever she plans on filing / etc" and getting torn apart like meek prey by the MAGATILIDIE crowd like Trump Girl Kit Kat

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Midgetskydiver posted:

She hasn't posted since 2018, whether that means she passed away or got committed or something else happened to her is anyone's guess. :shrug:

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Twitter is saying that Powell has been disavowed by trump so that’ll be fun to watch play out on freep

Edit:

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1330642430450933760?s=20

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1330641485641945090?s=20

Scratch Monkey fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Nov 23, 2020

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
It’s all nTH dimensional chess on thedonald.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The best thing about this is that once Trump is out of the whitehouse next year you’re gonna see some weird subset of sovcit where they don’t recognize the federal government because Biden is the not the real president and Trump is the real president. We might get multiple videos of Freepers getting tazed :laffo:

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Trump Campaign Statement on Legal Team

quote:

Sidney, meet bus.

1 posted on 11/22/2020 2:55:14 PM PST by semimojo
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

quote:

To: semimojo

What the hay?

3 posted on 11/22/2020 2:55:58 PM PST by crusty old prospector
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

Didn't they just have a joint news conference? What changed?

4 posted on 11/22/2020 2:57:01 PM PST by palmer (Democracy Dies Six Ways from Sunday)

Maybe accusing the governor of being on the take wasn't such a bright idea after all...

quote:

To: crusty old prospector

This may be because she crossed some kind of line concerning the govt that could get Trump in hot water. We have so many rules and regulations.

10 posted on 11/22/2020 2:57:30 PM PST by RummyChick
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

quote:

To: palmer

Maybe saying she was gonna blow up GA and accused kemp and SOS of taking money from Dominion had something to do with it.

When asked about it again, she said “that’s certainly what we’ve been told”

I hope whoever told them is competent.

15 posted on 11/22/2020 2:58:28 PM PST by dp0622 (Tried a coup, a fake tax story, tramp slander, Russia nonsense, impeachment and a virus. They lost.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

quote:

To: proust

Could be trying to put up a chinese fire wall

16 posted on 11/22/2020 2:58:35 PM PST by RummyChick
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

quote:

Very disheartening.

21 posted on 11/22/2020 2:59:09 PM PST by philippa

quote:

To: kempster

This just went from the surreal to the absurd.

26 posted on 11/22/2020 2:59:42 PM PST by crusty old prospector
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

272nd Dimensional Chess!

quote:

Could be a strategy.

29 posted on 11/22/2020 3:00:30 PM PST by JonPreston ( )

:thunk:

quote:

She seemed to be making an awful lot of promises without giving much detail. Some thought this was good strategy, but to me it seemed a little suspicious. They stole the election, but she was headed down a strange path.

30 posted on 11/22/2020 3:00:42 PM PST by Stravinsky (Politeness will not defeat the Marxist revolutionaries)

quote:

Trust the plan folks! Enjoy the show!

40 posted on 11/22/2020 3:02:34 PM PST by Extremely Extreme Extremist (Trust the plan of the 17th letter of the English alphabet!)

quote:

To: Extremely Extreme Extremist

Now I do not trust anything.

47 posted on 11/22/2020 3:04:06 PM PST by madison10 (Give Thanks to the Lord, for He is good.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 40 | View Replies]

Maybe release just a small Kraken? :kiddo:

quote:

I lament there will be no Kraken.

I really wanted Kraken.

41 posted on 11/22/2020 3:03:29 PM PST by Drew68

quote:

Sadly, we’ve been hosed.

61 posted on 11/22/2020 3:08:38 PM PST by halfright (Florida TRUMP CHUMP...What happens when 70 Million folks stop paying taxes?)

quote:

To: All

i hope that there is still time for sidney to tap on the brakes on the conspiracy announcements. sidney has not filed yet in court and she has not argued yet in court.

it seems possible that sidney has been overworked and overwhelmed and/or bowled over by relevations that are not yet in the public eye, with the result that she is getting emotional and letting her emotions sway her judgment... in general, not a good thing, especially for a lawyer about to go to court on a highly visible case.

the question is, if there is damage, is it repairable at this point? presuming damage, it could be a public rebuke aimed not at destroying sidney but getting her back from the abyss and focused on the verifiable specifics of her upcoming case and nothing else but those specifics.

it may also signal that there is a separate trump lawsuit coming up soon in georgia.

anyway, fingers crossed.

73 posted on 11/22/2020 3:11:53 PM PST by SteveH

Are you sure you want to go there, bud?

quote:

To: BradyLS

it’s tossed out of hand or “not evidence of widespreaf fraud/abuse.”

It's just like with evidence of WMD in Iraq.

Suddenly it became no evidence of "stockpiles" of WMD, or it was "old" or "known" WMD.

-PJ

80 posted on 11/22/2020 3:13:32 PM PST by Political Junkie Too (Freedom of the press is the People's right to publish, not CNN's right to the 1st question.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 58 | View Replies]

Honestly it would not surprise me that someone on Team Trump shanked Powell here.

quote:

Someone on Trumps legal team is throwing Powell under the bus.
Probably Jay Sekulow.
Where was this “crack” legal team on the early morning of NOV 4
when hundreds of thousands of fraud ballots were delivered and
counted in multiple states?
I’ll take Powell over Ellis and Sekulow any day of the week.

87 posted on 11/22/2020 3:16:29 PM PST by tennmountainman ( Liberals Are Baby Killers)

Save us Kraken!

quote:

To: proust

Whatever is going on, the Kraken had better get crackin’ and soon!

90 posted on 11/22/2020 3:17:12 PM PST by Wilhelm Tell (True or False? This is not a tag line.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 70 | View Replies]

quote:

To: crusty old prospector

I am losing confidence in this whole fiasco. It’s a race to see which is more fake, this or the Durham investigation.

91 posted on 11/22/2020 3:17:16 PM PST by kempster (w President of all time.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 26 | View Replies]

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Freep: I really wanted Kraken

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Freepers can have a little :krakken:, as a treat

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

As soon as I saw the tweet about Sidney Powell I couldn't loving load Freep fast enough

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

quote:

Sadly, we’ve been hosed.

61 posted on 11/22/2020 3:08:38 PM PST by halfright (Florida TRUMP CHUMP...What happens when 70 Million folks stop paying taxes?)

Oh no the states that take more money than they put into federal taxes is not gonna be part of the federal tax system anymore. No please don’t stop

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Oh no the states that take more money than they put into federal taxes is not gonna be part of the federal tax system anymore. No please don’t stop
You just know that all these people daydreaming about boycotting the federal tax system would turn around and lose their minds in an instant when their social security check or Medicare reimbursement is a single day late.

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

Hahaha that didn’t take long

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Especially when Florida's economy collapses overnight because the olds aren't getting those checks anymore.

Or Texas when the military bases close.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Hahahaha that SteveH post

Hahah

Yes I'm sure she's just "overwhelmed" by the "incredible" "evidence"

On Twitter (and probably on Freep too I only gskim for my sanity) I see a bunch of "they're saving the REAL evidence for the supreme court", like once you have evidence shown in a lower court it's no good any more and you need new evidence for each step up--even ignoring that the supreme court could just elect not to even hear the case(s)

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

myron cope posted:

Hahahaha that SteveH post

Hahah

Yes I'm sure she's just "overwhelmed" by the "incredible" "evidence"

On Twitter (and probably on Freep too I only gskim for my sanity) I see a bunch of "they're saving the REAL evidence for the supreme court", like once you have evidence shown in a lower court it's no good any more and you need new evidence for each step up--even ignoring that the supreme court could just elect not to even hear the case(s)

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Florida's actually one of the very few states south of the Mason-Dixon that does put more into federal taxes than it takes.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

A frequent legal strategy: Saving the good evidence for later instead of presenting it immediately

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Zeroisanumber posted:

A frequent legal strategy: Saving the good evidence for later instead of presenting it immediately

It's even better: stalling for time while you dig for evidence. Works in the movies, right?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

They haven't presented the strongest evidence, because they have yet to find the strongest evidence, but I have faith it is there.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
People don't seem to know how courts actually work, where there's a thing called discovery and both sides show what evidence they have, and that's essentially it. In movies it's popular for a lawyer to go "AHA, I would like to present THIS evidence to the court!" and ask to enter it into the record but that basically never happens in actual courts, the judge would just go "You should have shown this at discovery, you can't introduce it now."

So yeah I love this idea that they have ironclad proof of voter fraud but they're refusing to show it because they're waiting for a dramatic moment where everyone will gasp as it's presented. So devoted that they're willing to get cases thrown out of court for...lack of evidence.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Twelve by Pies posted:

People don't seem to know how courts actually work, where there's a thing called discovery and both sides show what evidence they have, and that's essentially it. In movies it's popular for a lawyer to go "AHA, I would like to present THIS evidence to the court!" and ask to enter it into the record but that basically never happens in actual courts, the judge would just go "You should have shown this at discovery, you can't introduce it now."

So yeah I love this idea that they have ironclad proof of voter fraud but they're refusing to show it because they're waiting for a dramatic moment where everyone will gasp as it's presented. So devoted that they're willing to get cases thrown out of court for...lack of evidence.

Bonus that this is a plot point in My Cousin Vinny. You know, the movie that Rudy brought up.

Although I think you can actually enter evidence after discovery but it's not as simple as just brandishing it in court and you still have to submit it so everyone can see it in advance. It's specifically for stuff that was discovered after the case got rolling (e.g. the cops found out new information) and is more of a boring bureaucratic thing than being a sexy TV lawyer. (Or that's my understanding from when my lawyer-sister explained it to me.)

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Also to my knowledge, you can't amend your case when appealing and the PA case was asking for no remedy except delaying the certification of PA's ballots. They're currently on schedule to certify tomorrow, which will instantly invalidate the lawsuit.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

:iiam:

quote:

To: malach
For MAGA being so supposedly politically incorrect and political career suicide, it sure attracts a lot of grifters. 🤔

5 posted on 11/22/2020, 10:26:44 PM by proust (Justice delayed is injustice.)

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

George Soros ARRESTED for election interference, in federal custody

quote:

Could this possibly be true!? Does anyone else see this anywhere else ?

1 posted on 11/23/2020 2:59:32 AM PST by LeoWindhorse
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

If the trustworthy site Jew World Order dot org is reporting it it must be true. (It probably goes without saying but you should not follow that link)

quote:

To: LeoWindhorse

This site, but I don’t know how much cred it has......

https://www.jewworldorder .org/george-soros-arrested-in-philadelphia-for-election-interference-judge-orders-media-blackout/

2 posted on 11/23/2020 3:00:50 AM PST by GrandJediMasterYoda (As long as Hillary Clinton remains free equal justice under the law will never exist in the USA)

quote:

already debunked hrs ago......(fake)

sorry

3 posted on 11/23/2020 3:00:55 AM PST by OL Hickory (Jesus and the American soldier-1 died for your soul/1 died for your freedom)

quote:

To: OL Hickory

Please post debunking link , if have

5 posted on 11/23/2020 3:01:58 AM PST by LeoWindhorse

quote:

It didn’t pass the smell test for me when I read the FBI had arrested him and was doing the interrogating. Wray’s fbi is the enemy.

6 posted on 11/23/2020 3:02:28 AM PST by HandBasketHell

quote:

To: OL Hickory

I thought so. Todays FBI arresting him? Interrogating him? LOL! They probably WORK for him!

8 posted on 11/23/2020 3:03:09 AM PST by GrandJediMasterYoda (As long as Hillary Clinton remains free equal justice under the law will never exist in the USA)

quote:

Link to debunking, anyone?

I wish sooooo much for it to be true, but if he's being interrogated by the FBI, then it's probably those agents who bullied the postal guy.

11 posted on 11/23/2020 3:04:59 AM PST by HandBasketHell

I wonder what happened. :thunk:

quote:

To: GrandJediMasterYoda

There used to be a time here on FR when posting links to sites like that and The Daily Stormer, etc. would get a time out if not a Zot.

12 posted on 11/23/2020 3:05:32 AM PST by MD Expat in PA (No. I am not a doctor nor have I ever played one on TV. The MD in my screen name stands for Maryland)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

To: HandBasketHell

hoax

https://leadstories.com/hoax-alert/2020/11/fact-check-george-soros-arrested-for-election-interference-in-federal-custody-conservative-beaver.html

These people who give false hope are the lowest scum ever.

16 posted on 11/23/2020 3:10:11 AM PST by HandBasketHell
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

quote:

If he actually ever did get arrested no one would believe it. Not by THIS fbi

24 posted on 11/23/2020 3:16:18 AM PST by Ymani Cricket ( "Pressure Makes Diamonds" ~General Patton)

this some masterful shade-throwing here.

quote:

To: Ymani Cricket

My research indicates he was arrested by the Space Force! Hey if the US Army can confiscate private property in Germany it is possible the SF arrested Soros!

Do I need a /s tag?

29 posted on 11/23/2020 3:19:43 AM PST by mad_as_he$$
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 24 | View Replies]

quote:

We are only getting a taste of how much disinformation is being floated in an attempt to discredit the actual fraud that took place.

The left is flooding the zone with a million lies to hide the truth.

30 posted on 11/23/2020 3:20:40 AM PST by Caipirabob (Communists...Socialists...Fascists & AntiFa...Democrats...Traitors... Who can tell the difference?)

quote:

To: Widget Jr

“Garbage from antisemitic and/or conspiracy theory sites or combinations of both are not welcome”

Might put “a bug in the ear” at Interpol?

34 posted on 11/23/2020 3:23:36 AM PST by Does so (Soon, universities will have degrees in voting fraud...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 17 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Does so

Interpol? Seriously? I dont know anything about that site but you decide what is antisemitic or conspiracy? You a globalist snitch? You realize THIS very SITE was founded on the “Conspiracy theory” that the Clinton Family is a crime organization?? That only grew waaay bigger since this site was founded? You realize how ridiculous we sounded to people back then in the 90s? You going to have Interpol shut down Antifa sites too? Curious. Is voter fraud a Conspiracy? Well, MSM says so.

35 posted on 11/23/2020 3:36:58 AM PST by Ymani Cricket ( "Pressure Makes Diamonds" ~General Patton)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 34 | View Replies]

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
the MD in my name doesn't mean I'm a doctor, or that I was an actor who played a doctor, it stands for Maryland because I moved from Maryland to Pennsylvania and that is the only interesting thing about myself that I could think of when making a screenname.

edit: Also the PA doesn't stand for Physician's Assistant and I also didn't play one of those on TV, it stands for Pennsylvania.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

HappyHippo posted:

They're also engaging in revenge fantasies

quote:

loving A right The bastards have screwed with the MAN for five years-- Now its his turn to take the kinks of the line of bullshit they have been pushing. The loving they get will be 10 fold the loving they tried to give. Trump's going to plant these pricks with their asses up and make bicycles racks out of them
are we sure this one is revenge??

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Sarcastr0 posted:

quote:

To: yesthatjallen
The Rats tend to have stupid lawyers—as we saw during the impeachment hearings and trial. Trump and the RNC have much better, smarter lawyers—as we saw in the impeachment trial.

The fact that Dementia Joe and the Hoe are lawyering up on a large scale is proof that they’ve seen the internal polls— the Depends/Kneepads ticket is sinking like a ROCK.

The Rats are panicking, sh*tting themselves, and are desperate and hysterical. They see that Plugs is failing BADLY, and there is nothing the Rats can do at this point, they’re stuck with a LOSER ticket.

13 posted on 9/14/2020, 9:39:16 PM by RooRoobird20 (,)

Been catching up with the thread, but just wanna say this one aged like wine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

Michigan certified the results.

some freeper posted:

To: rxsid
These DUMBASSES VOTED IN SHINY SHOE BOX FACE FOR GOVERNOR!!! She is a DOMINATRIX AND IS EVIL!!

2 posted on 11/23/2020, 3:42:18 PM by Ann Archy (Abortion....... The HUMAN Sacrifice to the god of Convenience.)

quote:

To: rxsid
This is good. The sooner they are certified the quicker the path they will be on to get decertified.

4 posted on 11/23/2020, 3:44:21 PM by libh8er

Georgia Peach fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Nov 23, 2020