Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I don't think Beast would be too proud to be Guest of Honour at a furry convention. He loves the limelight.

Actually a storyline where he does this and accidentally brings the Purifiers down on a convention hall full of nerds in fursuits and Iceman, who's there because he's bored, then must marshall his ragtag band of horny dweebs to defend the hotel function room from anti-mutant zealots would probably own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Android Blues posted:

I don't think Beast would be too proud to be Guest of Honour at a furry convention. He loves the limelight.

Actually a storyline where he does this and accidentally brings the Purifiers down on a convention hall full of nerds in fursuits and Iceman, who's there because he's bored, then must marshall his ragtag band of horny dweebs to defend the hotel function room from anti-mutant zealots would probably own.

So... who do we need to call to make this happen?

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Oh Vulpes.....

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Android Blues posted:

I think this was basically a Something*Positive storyline 20 years ago.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Red Bones posted:

I love the very helpful title he's given his diagram.

And yet, you misidentify the chart as a diagram. Clearly the title wasn't helpful enough.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Toshimo posted:

I think this was basically a Something*Positive storyline 20 years ago.

Starts around here: https://somethingpositive.net/comic/day-two-pt-1/

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Phy posted:

Saddam read a lot of Gene Ray down in that spiderhole, huh?

It's just Dan Harmon droning on about his story circle again.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
X-Force #14: Here's Illyana Rasputin with a damning indictment of the actual quality of the education provided at the Xavier School.

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

Are those things embedded in her skull? How the hell do they work?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

oriongates posted:

Magic.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
It might just be because my introduction to Magik was the ludicrousness of her punking out Doctor Strange in Avengers vs X-Men, but nothing about the character has ever worked for me. Dumb head-dealies included.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

oriongates posted:

I think they're attached to a hairband that's just hidden behind the hair most of the time?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Magik. Learn to spell. Gah.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Uthor posted:

Magik. Learn to spell. Gah.

Oh please, everyone knows it's spelled Magick.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Magique

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Iceman just wants his students to learn algebra, but they keep getting kidnapped.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Do you think Iceman teaches basic accountancy at the school. Has Iceman ever inspired a student to become a CPA? When we return to the school status quo I want to see that story.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Red Bones posted:

I think they're attached to a hairband that's just hidden behind the hair most of the time?

Nah, her magic armor literally just manifest itself around her body.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I guess you could ask a Magik cosplayer how they do the head things and then just assume that Illyana does the same thing. I also always thought it was a headband.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
She has surgically implanted slots on either side of her skull.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Mr. Maltose posted:

Do you think Iceman teaches basic accountancy at the school. Has Iceman ever inspired a student to become a CPA? When we return to the school status quo I want to see that story.
Iceman is the worst teacher in a school were Hank McCoy is also employed:

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
That whole pack of young mutants was so good. What a fun cohort. I feel like we haven't really gotten a new generation aside from those boring twins from right before Rosenberg's run?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

We got NuHumans instead

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Magik turns into a literal demon with horns the more she uses her powers, right? Her accessories are just pre-horns.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Elfface posted:

Magik turns into a literal demon with horns the more she uses her powers, right? Her accessories are just pre-horns.

It happens when she uses magic, and I think only "dark magic," or something like that. She has separate teleportation and time travel powers that are her mutant powers.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/saladinahmed/status/1330295446883938310?s=19

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Gwenpool Strikes Back #1 (2019)

Plus a pack of ad clippings.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

I'm reading this more like Spidey is stepping up like "What? You want some of this?" instead of a friendly game of hoops.

Either way I enjoy this very much.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Darthemed posted:

Gwenpool Strikes Back #1 (2019)

Is he strong? Listen, chum.

Kevin Palpatine
Dec 20, 2017

World's Greatest Detective

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
To be fair, he's got more than one cat-themed villain, even more so when the rest of the DC universe gets involved, so knowing which one it is just from the cats involved is quite impressive.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Nilbop posted:

It might just be because my introduction to Magik was the ludicrousness of her punking out Doctor Strange in Avengers vs X-Men, but nothing about the character has ever worked for me. Dumb head-dealies included.

Big same.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I didn’t “get” Magik until the recent Krakoa stuff, but I’m glad I finally came around, because she rules hard. Her initial mini series by Claremont was a pretty good young adult story too.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Open Marriage Night posted:

I didn’t “get” Magik until the recent Krakoa stuff, but I’m glad I finally came around, because she rules hard. Her initial mini series by Claremont was a pretty good young adult story too.

Magik is, in fact, very cool and has had a number of good storylines. This is a good opinion.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Magik strikes me as the sort of character who's very good for stories that she doesn't always get. Krakoa suits her a lot more than standard X-Men stuff.

She might be kind of done a disservice by existing in the orbit of the X-Men, rather than, say, Doctor Strange's.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
At one point Magik wagered the souls of everyone on Earth to pit the X-Men against the Elder Gods of Limbo for a personal vendetta. Cyclops found out and called her on her bullshit, but she was like "you're always a dickhead, and I'm way stronger, so like, yeah, I feel bad for manipulating my friends and doing Big Evil, but worth" and then she just walked away with no repercussions.

Magik owns. And Cyclops is a dickhead.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Nilbop posted:

On the other hand, the New Mutants are my favourite comic team and don't get to show up enough, so I think any time Ilyanna isn't on panel the other characters should all be asking "Where's Magik?"

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

My first suggestion for my new cat's name was Illyana because you know cats can all step into limbo when you're not looking. That got rejected by I somehow got away with

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Toshimo posted:

At one point Magik wagered the souls of everyone on Earth to pit the X-Men against the Elder Gods of Limbo for a personal vendetta. Cyclops found out and called her on her bullshit, but she was like "you're always a dickhead, and I'm way stronger, so like, yeah, I feel bad for manipulating my friends and doing Big Evil, but worth" and then she just walked away with no repercussions.

I wouldn't say there were no repurcussions, she spent the next few years in Mutant Maximum Security until the Phoenix Five stuff happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Toshimo posted:

That is exactly the kind of thing that makes me not want the character to be in comics I read.