Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

https://twitter.com/thebarberbox/status/1329972759468838913?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Some Lets Plays count as pretty good fanfiction, but I feel all the best stuff is both very meta and doesn't take itself seriously.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
god made us in his divine image so all this poo poo is selfcest self-insert fanfiction

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
Why did burger King dude not get beaten to death

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

Why did burger King dude not get beaten to death

The crown, I assume.

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010

Mantis42 posted:

Has the repeated trials of the Burger King man getting kicked off of airplanes this past month been posted yet? Content warning: he likes to say the n-word a lot.

https://twitter.com/KING__MEKA/status/1319027422432534528?s=20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYzvV5_-lc8

https://streamable.com/4o2ku2

don't ask me why each video is from a different website host, that's how i got em

That's got to be an expensive hobby.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Volcott posted:

Animorphs though.

Noted for its clear and upbeat ending

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

https://twitter.com/TaylorLorenz/status/1330533789701976067

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

StashAugustine posted:

Noted for its clear and upbeat ending

Does everyone finally morph into animals?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
are people seriously still whining about the book thing?

Jesus it’s not that deep

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Paladinus posted:

Does everyone finally morph into animals?

They prob would be way better off if they had

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
though what’s funny is animorphs ends with a cliffhanger meant to lead into a sequel that never happened.

it got a graphic novel rerelease a couple months ago tho

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010

what's so remarkable about a cake that looks like a dessert?

oh

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011

icecream citadel
Nov 4, 2020

CharlestheHammer posted:

are people seriously still whining about the book thing?

Jesus it’s not that deep

I think it's interesting how liberals shoot themselves in the foot like that literally all day every day every hour of the day by denigrating awareness of actual very real issues related to PTSD as a loving lethal mental illness and the need for legitimate content warnings but also denigrating the need to just please do your due diligence. It shuts down legitimate conversation about mental illness but also produces massive derails where everybody's got to get a few pot shots in or play the oh so immaculate victim! It's a total mindkiller. (I'm aware this doesnt help, but I feel like maybe as somebody with PTSD it should be pointed out.)

If I had monied interest in maintaining the status quo of harmful psychiatric practices, my goals would be:
- Shut down conversation.
- Discredit criticism.
- Reduce opposition to infighting.
- Produce comedic content to people already in favor of the harmful practices.
I would go around rallying people to attack "casual Ableist language" and generally be as woke as possible to slam the brakes on average people producing critical thought that might cause me to lose profits.

icecream citadel has issued a correction as of 17:50 on Nov 22, 2020

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin

man I really want to play these Spider-Man PlayStation games

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

icecream citadel posted:

I think it's interesting how liberals shoot themselves in the foot like that literally all day every day every hour of the day by denigrating awareness of actual very real issues related to PTSD as a loving lethal mental illness and the need for legitimate content warnings but also denigrating the need to just please do your due diligence. It shuts down legitimate conversation about mental illness but also produces massive derails where everybody's got to get a few pot shots in or play the oh so immaculate victim! It's a total mindkiller. (I'm aware this doesnt help, but I feel like maybe as somebody with PTSD it should be pointed out.)

I mean it’s not a new concept I’ve seen people who are not liberal say yeah this is pretty down and you may not be into that right now or whatever. people pretending this is something only liberals do or that it is new is silly.

icecream citadel
Nov 4, 2020

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean it’s not a new concept I’ve seen people who are not liberal say yeah this is pretty down and you may not be into that right now or whatever. people pretending this is something only liberals do or that it is new is silly.

See above edit. This is merely one prong of attack. Nothing silly about that.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

icecream citadel posted:

If I had monied interest in maintaining the status quo of harmful psychiatric practices, my goals would be:
- Discredit criticism.
I would go around rallying people to attack "casual Ableist language" and generally be as woke as possible to slam the brakes on average people producing critical thought that might cause me to lose profits.

show me the psychiatric studies saying PTSD sufferers benefit from "bad ending" warnings on novels or shut the gently caress up nvm I can't read

Eugene V. Dubstep has issued a correction as of 18:23 on Nov 22, 2020

icecream citadel
Nov 4, 2020

Eugene V. Dubstep posted:

show me the psychiatric studies saying PTSD sufferers benefit from "bad ending" warnings on novels or shut the gently caress up

I said the opposite of that. They don't. At all. It is utterly harmful to say they do. If that is what you took away from my post, I am discussing it incorrectly and poorly. I sincerely apologize. I won't continue.

icecream citadel has issued a correction as of 18:12 on Nov 22, 2020

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

icecream citadel posted:

I said the opposite of that. They don't. At all. It is utterly harmful to say they do. If that is what you took away from my post, I am discussing it incorrectly and poorly. I sincerely apologize. I won't continue.

I obviously read it wrong (misread the last line in particular), don't worry about it

animist
Aug 28, 2018
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX92P-efeKs

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

icecream citadel posted:

- Discredit criticism.

TRY TELEHEALTH BETTERHELP CAN HELP TODAY USE THE LINK TO GET 20% OFF DON'T FORGET TO LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

https://twitter.com/sundaymorning76/status/1330527719227002886?s=21

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

CharlestheHammer posted:

though what’s funny is animorphs ends with a cliffhanger meant to lead into a sequel that never happened.

it got a graphic novel rerelease a couple months ago tho

it does not end with a cliffhanger. The ending is pretty clear.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/aesthetikeit/status/1330363900382986240

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

T-man posted:

read greg egan, most of his books give me a plesant headache feeling because you need a math degree to understand how the story's physics work. or else ur a weak babby brain

Greg Egan also has the best website

'oh critics didn't like my novel focused around a pre-industrial society of alien bug people conducting detailed experiments to discover the theory of general relativity and found it confusing, i bet those morons aren't even used to keeping detailed notes as they read'

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

https://twitter.com/LondonNeolibs/status/1330539666404220928

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Sorry to hear that, Mr. Trump.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

americans tip their landlord and clap when the rent is due

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
The hell happened to the uk thread?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_Zaa7tSFVA

Rand Paul
Aug 2, 2009

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

showbiz_liz posted:

Andalites:Democrats::Animorphs:Antifa

Taxxons: pretty much the entire conservative party, eating the living and dead alike to feed an incessant hunger with no long-term planning capabilities

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7Ff6izcRCc

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Gripweed posted:

it does not end with a cliffhanger. The ending is pretty clear.

not according to the writer but maybe you know more than her

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

large down payment i waited years for the death of my parents to inherit :classiclol:

also: poe's law

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

lol they got me I'm actually mad at this