Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I've a question when it comes to legendary weapons. I've found 1 and I know 3 total exist and I'm curious if there are any more. Specifically I have Excalibur, but I know Gungnir and Mjolnir exist, but are basically post game weapons. Which is a bit of a shame, especially how hard it is to get Mjolnir but alas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

You gotta kill more order dudes and give the medallions to hytham. Its the same thing as the poison skill.

ChumpsForChange posted:

Yeah the same way you get the poison ability

Cheers! Going to hunt some more people then. Also yeah being in the correct level range (or above) removes any meaning from gear, you just trounce through most enemies and once you figure out lieutenants you can get away with almost anything

Except I still can't use two handers effectively :argh:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I went to Vinland and punching snakes to death is probably one of the coolest things I've done in my 60+ hours with this game.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I'd like to congratulate Ubisoft on curing my completionism brainworms.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Does/did England really have this many vipers?

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

Ainsley McTree posted:

Does/did England really have this many vipers?

It certainly doesn't now, because they've been persecuted, lost a huge amount of habitat, and we've introduced species that kill them or their young (like pheasants). But I didn't notice an inordinate number of adders in the game (though possibly because I did love riding around on my horse).

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

St Patrick ran them out of Ireland, of course, which definitely was not a metaphor for Picts and other non-Christians, and presumably they brought all the ones from England too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Perestroika posted:

It's doubly weird because, to the best of my knowledge, greatswords just plain weren't a thing in that era. I guess you can't entirely rule out that somebody somewhere made an oversized sword because people are always experimenting, but the earliest greatswords we've actually found didn't pop up until like 3-400 years after when the game is set, and were pretty rare even then. Putting those in while neglecting single-handed swords (which were fairly common and super iconic for the time) is just absolutely :psyduck:

There’s tons of regular swords, Eivor just doesn’t use them.

Except in the kill animation for the elite enemies that carry them.

Oh dear me posted:

I seem to remember it being said that the genderswitching option would have an in-game explanation. Did that happen, or did I dream it?

Animus corruption.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
First 'serious' glitch last night lost about 2 hours including a big old castle raid and a boss fight that I barely won (got in over my head) -- then, game froze and had to re-start, only older saves would load. Lost all that xp and loot. (series x fwiw). That sucks a fart.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
There is an ingame reason for the "let the Animus choose" option for gender, yes. It basically helps obscure several twists in the story (but also makes them kinda obvious, in retrospect.)

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

toasterwarrior posted:

There is an ingame reason for the "let the Animus choose" option for gender, yes. It basically helps obscure several twists in the story (but also makes them kinda obvious, in retrospect.)

so who is better so far? lady eivor or dude eivor.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I enjoy the male VA more; also playing as a Viking without a great big braided beard just feels wrong

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

shortspecialbus posted:

St Patrick ran them out of Ireland, of course, which definitely was not a metaphor for Picts and other non-Christians, and presumably they brought all the ones from England too.

If we have to fight snakes in the Ireland DLC then I am cancelling the historical veracity of AC forever.

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

so who is better so far? lady eivor or dude eivor.

Lots of people say Heivor, but I've been trying and am not so taken with him as yet. However I also didn't appreciate Sheivor at the start but liked her a lot later, so will carry on for a while.

Both do gruffness, which I dislike, but with hindsight I think it works well with the story, having to be a warrior bro.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Sheivor is way more gruff, to the point it sounds like rather forced. Heivor is surprisingly soft at times, he does the whole warrior poet thing better IMO

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Ainsley McTree posted:

Oh wow, I'd never heard of wemod before, that thing owns. Hard to believe it's free!

It can be hit or miss, but the premise of a community driven trainer platform is a good one and it's better than trawling through the cheat engine forums to try and figure out if one of them is up to date or whatever.

I've found that it can be a bit iffy depending on the version of the game you've got XboxGP/Origin/Steam/GoG etc as each seems to need its own trainer and version control (and is yet another reason why decentralised stores are a joke on PC).

I've not used it for a while but the other thing you can use is cheat engine itself. In the past, if i couldn't find a cheat table for a game i'd run it and use the code change detection features to quickly find out which part of the code to change to make things like skill points and exp redundant. I dunno if modern games are much better at stopping that though because god forbid i have fun in the way i want in the crapfest of a game you've tricked me into buying with your marketing.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Oh dear me posted:

Lots of people say Heivor, but I've been trying and am not so taken with him as yet. However I also didn't appreciate Sheivor at the start but liked her a lot later, so will carry on for a while.

Both do gruffness, which I dislike, but with hindsight I think it works well with the story, having to be a warrior bro.

watching very early stuff and i am kinda mixed. sheivor seems fine but it feels like gruff thing that geralt has but the voice actress can't make it click naturally. heivor just comes off as chill and sedate if a bit gruff. guess i will choose when i play.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Doesn't the animus let you choose at will anyway?

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

When I was confirming a kill (the compass in londun) i got shot in the back with an arrow at the very last second and had to do it all over again .... not cool but my fault in the end I guess.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

Doesn't the animus let you choose at will anyway?

yeah but i am a weirdo who likes to stick with my choices.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

nuketulsa posted:

When I was confirming a kill (the compass in londun) i got shot in the back with an arrow at the very last second and had to do it all over again .... not cool but my fault in the end I guess.

Same!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

toasterwarrior posted:

Sheivor is way more gruff, to the point it sounds like rather forced. Heivor is surprisingly soft at times, he does the whole warrior poet thing better IMO

Eivor is a really sing songy character with lots of whimsy and the female VA doesn't carry it as well as the male VA. It's kind of a reverse of Kassandra being the no brainer best VA last time for me.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
I need a spoiler for romances -- is it possible to romance the seer lady in your camp? (dont kinkshame)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I quite enjoy Guyvor

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

Sadly no, there aren't many romanceable women and their voices aren't as good.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I sure seem to get roped into a bunch of sham kidnapping schemes

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
After playing with daggers everything else feels incredibly slow and/or clunky.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
Played it for 26 hours so far, was just starting to wonder when some of the romances would happen and then had two within the space of ten minutes, just because of the order I did quests in.

I'm assuming (romance spoilers) that the reason you can't romance Soma, even though it looks like it's being set up to happen, is because being asked about that and saying nothing happened is a part of the setup for Randvi making a move on you later

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe

Hobo Clown posted:

My Lunden bottles mystery didn't bug out but it took forever and then I read afterwards that even though he says "don't break any bottles" there's no punishment for doing so.

However the Lunden sidequest for the Roman museum dude completely bugged out and is unfinishable unless they patch it. Looked online and I guess it's a common problem with no known fixes.

I had the same issue. You have to finish the Lunden main story if you tried to steal the statue, for some reason that is never explained. I was able to complete it that way after finishing the zone story.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I love how often your crew just stands there during a raid not opening a chest so you have to reload the game or leave the area and come back again to get it.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Oh dear me posted:

Sadly no, there aren't many romanceable women and their voices aren't as good.

There are so many suddenly gay men in the game. Being mildly friendly to a long lost friend and suddenly they want the dick.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I've assassinated the entire order and it won't let me unlock the last one. What gives? I've finished the main story. If it wants me to wander around randomly finding the knight dudes or farm this game can get hosed.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Not really feeling the mystical zones in this game. They take what should be some short trippy interlude along your journey and clutter up the map with the most pointless timewasting collectible possible. Unlike Origins and Odyssey they're midgame areas too so you're in what feels like a disjointed narrative that you know isn't going to matter instead of an optional epilogue. I'm in Jotunheim now and it's kind of a pain to navigate.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
As a native of England the setting didn't feel quite right until I had to go traipsing round the woods looking for a friend while on mushrooms. Then I felt right at home.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

JBP posted:

I've assassinated the entire order and it won't let me unlock the last one. What gives? I've finished the main story. If it wants me to wander around randomly finding the knight dudes or farm this game can get hosed.

Yep, you have to kill all the Zealots, and no, the game won't mark them on your map like their equivalents from Origins and Odyssey

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Yep, you have to kill all the Zealots, and no, the game won't mark them on your map like their equivalents from Origins and Odyssey

gently caress that. Game over.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

JBP posted:

To do that you need to go back to your town and go into the long house that should trigger a cutscene where you get a letter telling you where to go.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

JBP posted:

I love how often your crew just stands there during a raid not opening a chest so you have to reload the game or leave the area and come back again to get it.

In my experience this is caused by someone still being alive somewhere. Go make them stop, and your crew should start helping you again.

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

Aphex- posted:

As a native of England the setting didn't feel quite right until I had to go traipsing round the woods looking for a friend while on mushrooms. Then I felt right at home.

I grew up on the edge of Cambridge, near Milton ('Middleton'), so it was amazing to start the England section right there. At first I was thinking this is wrong, this is too hilly, and then I turned round and saw a vista of weeping willows by a river that was just perfect.

For the other southern and midlands counties I know they gave a reasonably good overall flavour, if you can overlook bluebells in Autumn. Only when I climbed a rock in Shropshire and discovered I could see the Kentish coastline, I realized how screwed up the altitudes are.

I did love riding around the Spring counties especially, but I'd have liked less Winter in the north - we'd done snow in Norway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Aphex- posted: