Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I've been trying to get a Nintendo Switch for a while. Apparently the pandemic made them worth their weight in gold. Now the Black Friday stuff starts at a few retailers on the 22nd. I hope that means tonight so I can order one and the Ring Fit Adventure.

Should we assume this is an adultshop.com purchase?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Outrail posted:

Should we assume this is an adultshop.com purchase?

If the ring fits, stretch it.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
https://i.imgur.com/LzqiQgg.mp4

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Self solving problems

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Outrail posted:

Self solving problems

:eyepop:

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

China's system is basically Freedom Pass+ and it works really well because of the omniscience of the authoritarian government. You basically get your phone scanned everywhere you go and get green/yellow/red results. I think green means you're free to enter wherever it is you're trying to enter. Yellow means you had possible contact with someone and can not enter. Red means holy poo poo you need to be quarantining right now.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

infraboy posted:

[Harley's] E-bike isn't bad, but it also runs about $30,000, hard to justify in the current climate
They're also rolling out an actual e-bicycle (or at least one they've slapped their brand on). It's ~$3300, though so not exactly a budget option when there are decent alternatives for half the price.

Ban all religion.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

EngineerJoe posted:

China's system is basically Freedom Pass+ and it works really well because of the omniscience of the authoritarian government. You basically get your phone scanned everywhere you go and get green/yellow/red results. I think green means you're free to enter wherever it is you're trying to enter. Yellow means you had possible contact with someone and can not enter. Red means holy poo poo you need to be quarantining right now.

Guess what this system was originally designed for?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Platystemon posted:

Tim Walton, a Buffalo bartender and event promoter

How do I know what this man looks like down to the shoes, *and smells like*, just by that six-word description?

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

Gologle posted:

So Florida is doing some hardcore lying, right? They've been surprisingly low on the charts posted in this thread, and I just cannot believe that given what happened a few months ago when their head statistician quit due to being unable to tolerate number fudging.

I have no information on how accurate or inaccurate Florida's official numbers may be, but generally speaking I've noticed a trend where states that were previously hotspots do a much better job of flattening their numbers or decreasing their numbers, especially deaths, long-term. There could be a lot of factors at work here, but I suspect that once people actually started seeing the disease impacting people in their city/county/state and numbers go out of control they started taking it more seriously and making better choices.

There are probably lots of factors at play though. Florida's weather at this time of year makes it a lot easier to do activities outdoors than in July, which is the inverse of a lot of the northern states which have seen major upticks in the last couple months.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

goddamnedtwisto posted:

How do I know what this man looks like down to the shoes, *and smells like*, just by that six-word description?

Smells like buffalo because his shoes are covered in buffalo poo poo, doesn't take a genius.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

EngineerJoe posted:

And if it does all that for dissidents, just think of the disease control applications!

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Blistex posted:

Guess what this system was originally designed for?

Pandemic response to Covid-19, it's new.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I'm officially a statistic!

I saw a friend last saturday he text me on sunday saying he was feeling achy. I started to feel congested monday night. Woke up Tuesday with cold symptoms (really stuffed up). Friend text me later that day saying he tested positive but he was already feeling better.

I got my test on Weds. and positive results back Thursday morning.

I've always had poo poo sinuses my entire life so that's the thing that's really been kicking my rear end the most. I don't feel like I'm dying and it really feels like a cold because of the sinus issues.

My S/O who caught the virus back in April in England got retested and she was negative so at least re infection didn't happen for her!

Tomorrow is day 7 of being "sick" and I think its already starting to get better. I haven't had a consistent fever either and the highest its gotten is like 100.2 but only for an hour or so then it lets off.

Most hilarious part is that I am (was) an essential worker and managed to dodge the virus while still going to work but I've been off work for the past 6 weeks due to a knee surgery and now I manage to catch the fuckin thing lol.

I also can't go to PT till I get a negative test so its gonna delay me going back to work ha!

Uncle Lloyd
Sep 2, 2019

Fame Douglas posted:

Pandemic response to Covid-19, it's new.

I too believe that China has never before considered the possibility of tracking its citizens and controlling their movement, and that this is a bespoke system they altruistically designed solely out of concern for their peoples’ well being.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

MarcusSA posted:

I'm officially a statistic!

I saw a friend last saturday he text me on sunday saying he was feeling achy. I started to feel congested monday night. Woke up Tuesday with cold symptoms (really stuffed up). Friend text me later that day saying he tested positive but he was already feeling better.

I got my test on Weds. and positive results back Thursday morning.

I've always had poo poo sinuses my entire life so that's the thing that's really been kicking my rear end the most. I don't feel like I'm dying and it really feels like a cold because of the sinus issues.

My S/O who caught the virus back in April in England got retested and she was negative so at least re infection didn't happen for her!

Tomorrow is day 7 of being "sick" and I think its already starting to get better. I haven't had a consistent fever either and the highest its gotten is like 100.2 but only for an hour or so then it lets off.

Most hilarious part is that I am (was) an essential worker and managed to dodge the virus while still going to work but I've been off work for the past 6 weeks due to a knee surgery and now I manage to catch the fuckin thing lol.

I also can't go to PT till I get a negative test so its gonna delay me going back to work ha!
Best of luck with your recovery. Week 2 is supposed to be the worst for many people, so be prepared for that possibility.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Zugzwang posted:

Best of luck with your recovery. Week 2 is supposed to be the worst for many people, so be prepared for that possibility.

Well fingers crossed that isn't the case! Really fuckin up my thanksgiving!

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

I saw a friend last saturday he text me on sunday saying he was feeling achy.
welp, good luck, be sure to stay the gently caress away from people for a few weeks afterwards too and scream at your friend to do the same

related:

https://webcache.googleusercontent....ng_de%7Clang_en

https://twitter.com/orlandosentinel/status/1330549368257187846

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Cugel the Clever posted:

They're also rolling out an actual e-bicycle (or at least one they've slapped their brand on). It's ~$3300, though so not exactly a budget option when there are decent alternatives for half the price.

Ban all religion.

This unironically

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

also related

https://twitter.com/Nixitoojalao_10/status/1329739519420198912

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Uncle Lloyd posted:

I too believe that China has never before considered the possibility of tracking its citizens and controlling their movement, and that this is a bespoke system they altruistically designed solely out of concern for their peoples’ well being.
jesus christ, how much cnn do you watch?

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Uncle Lloyd posted:

Oh for sure, man. The government can track all your movement using your cell phone data, there's no need for QR codes at restaurants.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Trap sprung, but I understood the Japanese better than the Spanish (I'm assuming it's Spanish) :shobon: I'm assuming it's about someone infecting their grandma after a party?

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Fame Douglas posted:

Oh for sure, man. The government can track all your movement using your cell phone data, there's no need for QR codes at restaurants.

I'm the goon who doesn't realize all cell phones operate as uniquely identifiable trackers as a matter of course in their function as portable phones.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Uncle Lloyd posted:

Unlike America, land of the free :911:
Open er up

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Just found out my sister tested positive. I hope her family takes every precaution... She has a husband and daughter at home.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Waffle! posted:

Just found out my sister tested positive. I hope her family takes every precaution... She has a husband and daughter at home.

guess i need to get a Covid test

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Fame Douglas posted:

It's a multi-level overlapping system that is designed to track people and who they interact with. It's based on cell phone triangulation, phones pinging various business and government wi-fi hot spots, facial recognition, QR code and, and RFID scanning, and mandatory phone hardware/spy apps. It's been in development for years, and has been being deployed in various cities. It's intended purpose was to identify known "dissidents" and tracking/limiting their movements, and tracking and storing who they come into contact with and in what capacity.

Ex. Someone complains about the government on the internet and are flagged. Before this system they would have been given a warning, fined, or possibly imprisoned depending on the severity of their comments and whatever official was in charge that day and how he's feeling. Now that they can track that person, they start compiling a database of people they come into contact with. When they start running into the same people over and over again the system starts to investigate the relationship between them. The system can apparently now tell if they're just getting take out from the same place every day, taking the same bus with the same commuter every day, or if they are actually meeting the same person in a more intimate/worrying capacity. That person (if deemed suspicious) is now flagged, and everyone they are interacting with are now being tracked in investigated with more scrutiny. This is why they have instituted the other forms of tracking and surveillance since taking GPS readings only tells them where a person has been with questionable accuracy depending on factory that effect GPS tracking.

The system was designed to track "problem people" and the people they come into contact with, but now in addition to that, they are also using it to track Covid 19 now, which it is very good at.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Waffle! posted:

Hopefully they get over it nice and easy. My sister just missed a super spreader by sheer luck at her campus because her classes were online and one at campus-event was cancelled; one student decided to take a week worth of classes while waiting for the test results on "just a flu" and it ended up with three figures "in home quarantine and until proven negative".

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

CommissarMega posted:

Trap sprung, but I understood the Japanese better than the Spanish (I'm assuming it's Spanish) :shobon: I'm assuming it's about someone infecting their grandma after a party?

i've been told it's roughly "you before going to a party" :)

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

https://twitter.com/PinkWug/status/1330618214485807104

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Mithaldu posted:

tbh i somewhat suspect this is because their businesses are going under. what does the financial support for small businesses like that look like in australia?

Can confirm. I've been loosely in the fitness industry one way or another for 8 years until I got a new job a couple months ago. This has been devastating. Outside of bars, I can't think of a better place to spread the virus than a gym.

It super sucked watching so many small businesses having to close their doors forever due to this. I blame the landlords. Most gyms were very good with allowing members to freeze while this poo poo is going down but paying for the space with no income from dues was untenable.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Der Kyhe posted:

Hopefully they get over it nice and easy. My sister just missed a super spreader by sheer luck at her campus because her classes were online and one at campus-event was cancelled; one student decided to take a week worth of classes while waiting for the test results on "just a flu" and it ended up with three figures "in home quarantine and until proven negative".

Every single highschool level math syllabus needs a problem along the lines of 'If close contact has a 10% chance of transmission, how many people can each person have contact with daily before R value hits 1'?

And if students can't demonstrate understanding of the problem they get tossed into a woodchipper.

naem
May 29, 2011

https://youtu.be/v5RZ8k6iQik

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

RC Cola posted:

Unlike America, land of the free :911:
Open er up

Not sure many americans are being beaten by soldiers or forcibly married to a white spouse because their phone registered them within 5m of a known dissident one time too many...

But hey, NSA spies, China spies, Hitler spied, what's the difference right?

Beccara
Feb 3, 2005
I guess we're going to find out how many dead American's America will take before they will take this seriously

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
all of them

Rozzbot
Nov 4, 2009

Pork, lamb, chicken and ham
I got married over the weekend. We got 100 of our closest friends and family together and all got drunk as poo poo, it owned lol

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
Very cool, congrats! Please check back into this thread in 3 weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Blistex posted:

It's a multi-level overlapping system that is designed to track people and who they interact with. It's based on cell phone triangulation, phones pinging various business and government wi-fi hot spots, facial recognition, QR code and, and RFID scanning, and mandatory phone hardware/spy apps. It's been in development for years, and has been being deployed in various cities. It's intended purpose was to identify known "dissidents" and tracking/limiting their movements, and tracking and storing who they come into contact with and in what capacity.

Ex. Someone complains about the government on the internet and are flagged. Before this system they would have been given a warning, fined, or possibly imprisoned depending on the severity of their comments and whatever official was in charge that day and how he's feeling. Now that they can track that person, they start compiling a database of people they come into contact with. When they start running into the same people over and over again the system starts to investigate the relationship between them. The system can apparently now tell if they're just getting take out from the same place every day, taking the same bus with the same commuter every day, or if they are actually meeting the same person in a more intimate/worrying capacity. That person (if deemed suspicious) is now flagged, and everyone they are interacting with are now being tracked in investigated with more scrutiny. This is why they have instituted the other forms of tracking and surveillance since taking GPS readings only tells them where a person has been with questionable accuracy depending on factory that effect GPS tracking.

The system was designed to track "problem people" and the people they come into contact with, but now in addition to that, they are also using it to track Covid 19 now, which it is very good at.

There's no evidence for this at all, it's dumb internet garbage. Read fewer neo-cold war conspiracy sites.