Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Did anyone have trouble with the "watch together" feature? I'm going to try to VOD this remotely with someone later and hope you can still get a room or sync the video or whatever it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

poor life choice posted:

Did anyone have trouble with the "watch together" feature? I'm going to try to VOD this remotely with someone later and hope you can still get a room or sync the video or whatever it is.

I don't think they ever got it working. I was trying to use it but gave up about halfway through Sawbones.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
I missed it, what is the room hangouts thing? You can just go into a chatroom with a bunch of strangers?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I'm rewatching the live show while I still have a chance, and it really was a great one.

I'd also love more episodes of A Taste of Luxury, after the plague clears up.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Kevin DuBrow posted:

I missed it, what is the room hangouts thing? You can just go into a chatroom with a bunch of strangers?

No it’s just a video chat feature that’s supposed to sit alongside the stream, it generates a room code that you share with up to six people. Didn’t work at all though

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I still find myself thinking about a Nuthead movie in 2020.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

popping in to confirm the amnesty halloween ep ruled

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I'm really sad I missed the "live" show :< and it sounds like you're ducked if you didn't get a ticket now.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Wasabi the J posted:

I'm really sad I missed the "live" show :< and it sounds like you're ducked if you didn't get a ticket now.

:same: but also:

kidcoelacanth posted:

popping in to confirm the amnesty halloween ep ruled

Not only was it a great episode, I didn’t realize just how much I missed hearing the sound of hundreds of people in the same room having a good time :smith:

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Wasabi the J posted:

You've got until Monday night. I bought a ticket and watched last night

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Griffin is streaming Fuser right now.

You'd be absolutely insane to not watch/listen to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6vHxjGSO6I

Apparently we're in the middle of his Allstar set.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The Amnesty Halloween episode was good top to bottom but the twist and the end and the boys just rolling with it was terrific

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

getting harder and harder not to buy this game

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7EeaLsg310

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

This made my ears bleed

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

The first couple minutes are him getting his clips in order (I think), it approaches actual music after that

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
That was one hell off an audible add last week.

Was coming to post this. FC had a poll up on how to design count doughnut and I voted to make him totally a doughnut, but its still amazing.

edit - the section with x gonna ggive it to ya and take on me was pretty great. Comments were saying that the first two minutes or so disappeared so I guess griffo edited out when he was figuring poo poo out.

Bugsy fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Nov 24, 2020

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkQ4MGcYvu8

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
This week, a heated argument about perverse ASMR preferences turns into a passionate investigation into the world from the eyes of a whale.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Going to make some delicious xanny bars for the holidays

the fplus taught me it's because they're shaped like candy bars and you break off individual pieces/pills

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.
It's oddly comforting that Travis can still gently caress up one of the rare entertaining Graduation episodes by breaking to ads mid-sentence during a pivotal confrontation with Gray.

Like, :cmon: do the barest minimum here with your editing!

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
It’s blart time

quote:

Well pals, it's that time of year again. American Thanksgiving. This year, we're mixing things up with a Paul Blart Mall Cop 2 commentary track designed to be synced with the film. Yes, you read that right, we're ACTIVELY incentivizing the watching of this film.

oh no

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

oh NO

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Rampant Dwickery posted:

It's oddly comforting that Travis can still gently caress up one of the rare entertaining Graduation episodes by breaking to ads mid-sentence during a pivotal confrontation with Gray.

Like, :cmon: do the barest minimum here with your editing!

Don't they use dynamic ads now? It probably hosed up inserting the ad. I've heard that happen on other podcasts.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

I’m listening to this death blart as just a podcast and it’s kind of indistinguishable

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

https://twitter.com/Tim_Batt/status/1331691265742671872?s=19

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Does anyone listen to worst idea of all time? I feel like it would be awful to listen to but I do find myself liking Tim and Guy a lot

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I've dipped in and out of it and they're pretty good if you like Tim and Guy's particular flavour of affable nonsense. The most recent series has them watching the Emmanuelle series of erotic films rather than the same film over and over so it's probably a good point to start from even if you don't get the complete unravelling of their mental states due to watching Grown Ups 2 once a week every week.

Around about the start of the year they did a week where they saw Cats in cinemas every single day which was a nice condensed TWIOAT experience.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Party Boat posted:

Emmanuelle series of erotic films.

Omfg I haven't seen that title since like 2004.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

I loved seasons one, two and three, but once they started introducing the friend zone bonus episodes where they just chat I kind of fell off of it. I felt like I couldn't skip them because I'm a weird completionist, but I wasn't enjoying them and it put me off the pod in general, which is a shame.

TWIOAT was actually how I found MBMBaM. I was listening to Tim and Guy when they did the first Death Blart, and that's when I started with the McElroys

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I like Tim and Guy in Big Top Burger.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

more falafel please posted:

Does anyone listen to worst idea of all time? I feel like it would be awful to listen to but I do find myself liking Tim and Guy a lot

I loved the first season, where you could see them descend into madness in real time, but it's almost impossible to find now for some reason.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

showbiz_liz posted:

I loved the first season, where you could see them descend into madness in real time, but it's almost impossible to find now for some reason.

I'm just about finished listening to the first season. I use Player FM on Android. One thing I noticed is that the first season is listed chronologically after the second and third, which made it hard to find at first. So maybe check that: scroll all the way to the oldest ep listed (for me this was "Season Two - Episode One - Piggies") and then move forward in time until you see "Episode One - Difficulties".

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

showbiz_liz posted:

I think it was exclusive to Howl premium for a while, and I’m not even sure if that service still exists.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Oh yeah i forgot season one went premium.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Big fan of cussin' Grey in the most recent TAZ.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
I fell off TAZ around episode 8 or 9 this season, partly because my commute went away, and I just started the arc again from the beginning. As predicted it's gotten much easier to deal with the laggy beginning on a binge-listen, and by the time it got to the teens I was back on board - and then I just got to episode 16 where they chop that guy's hand off and it fully ruled.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Yeah, my wife was way behind and we were driving a lot a month or so ago so we caught her up over a couple days, and the plodding pacing was way less annoying that way.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

It anyone chose not to listen to the latest Til Death Do Us Blart because it’s a commentary track for the movie, I can now confirm that listening to it without watching the movie is no less enjoyable and only slightly more bizarre than listening to any other episode. There are multiple (I won’t spoil how many) admissions about having watched the movie twice this year, and each one is funnier than the last.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

I really enjoyed Death Blart this year, having them all watching together gave it some needed structure and the admissions of having watched it already were hilarious. I was worried this years' would be super low energy and not fun because of what a bummer everything else is but they seemed to have fun with it