Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Zeroisanumber posted:

It's alright. Worth a watch if you've got some time and like the setting.

hopefully someone will bundle all the eps together at the end of the season into one simple torrent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Jewel Repetition posted:

What are our three dozen IKs doing currently

Laughing at really bad posting

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Filthy Hans posted:

hopefully someone will bundle all the eps together at the end of the season into one simple torrent

frankly I'd be shocked if someone hadn't already

edit: unless you mean for season 2, where I'd say "who'd bother" except I know someone out there would. they made a torrent for bad rats, for gods sake

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

DoomedFish posted:

if i may take a brief moment to perform a self-own, i have boobs and a real (non-katana) sword that i sometimes swing around for fun and exercise (coincidentally i first came to the hobby by way of an ex-friend who turned out to be chud-adjacent and turned into a less-anti-semitic alex jones/anprim type thanks to alcohol and mental illness)

the boobs are in the way. the smaller/flatter you can make them, the better. certain convex platemail breastplates can fit, but having cut-outs of boobs is a good way to lead a sword point directly into your chest instead of being redirected in a different (and potentially just as deadly!) direction. also platemail sucks to wear no matter who you are and was generally prohibitively expensive and just for show and :dogcited::dogcited::dogcited:

boob armor is dumb and bad and if you have big boobs you won't be able to swing as effectively/comfortably. you need a good sports bra and those puppies need to be restrained regardless of if you're in armor or not. now we never have to talk about it again

actual post: is Q still a thing? i took a bit of a mental health break from all of the conspiracy stuff and don't know if i've missed anything new/how much more insane those people have gotten in the last couple weeks and thankfully i don't know anyone influenced by it

Mando armor is for deflecting laser rifles, not katanas. unless you've been shot at by a laser you need to stfu and listen to the lived experience of people who have, like me

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Its Coke posted:

Mando armor is for deflecting laser rifles, not katanas. unless you've been shot at by a laser you need to stfu and listen to the lived experience of people who have, like me

The Boys spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KTWwQg4LWI&t=25s

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Filthy Hans posted:

why do idiots always feel the need to post this smug canard

The baby yoda is called Baby Yoda. That's its name. The characters in the television show The Mandalorian do not know what Baby Yoda's name is so they call it 'the child' or something like that, I don't know because I've never watched a single minute of The Mandalorian.

But you don't need to be a Star Wars nerd to know that Baby Yoda's name is Baby Yoda. It's a loving tautology you dinguses

i'm sick of all the these morons posting their incorrect loving opinions on baby yoda. sick of the poo poo

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

lmao at her ragequitting her speech when this guy quits

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

Dongicus posted:

occupied with a... goon project of mine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SmIIouo5sg

lmao

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Why is a character named Stormfront Jewish? Is this show even sicker than I thought?

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

lol what is wrong with Americans

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Its Coke posted:

mods can we get a ban for nojoe tag fraud

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Why is a character named Stormfront Jewish? Is this show even sicker than I thought?

I'm...I'm not sure if you're serious.

You should watch The Boys. The primary villain is a metaphor for American imperialism.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Farm Frenzy posted:

It was open to people who couldn't vote Joe as long as they wouldn't if they could

Gedt
Oct 3, 2007

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqO8Yh5Ngqg

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Jewel Repetition posted:

It was open to people who couldn't vote Joe as long as they wouldn't if they could

sounds loving lame!

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

Farm Frenzy posted:

I specifically told them not to give me the tag

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Its Coke posted:

Sometimes you just gotta let a guy laser blast your tits.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Cpt_Obvious posted:

First season is surprisingly great. Second season is shockingly terrible.

Nah, it's good.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Cpt_Obvious posted:

I'm...I'm not sure if you're serious.

You should watch The Boys. The primary villain is a metaphor for American imperialism.

it's very good, yeah, it tones down a lot of the overly stupid Ennis poo poo and is pretty great overall.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Filthy Hans posted:

I can't wait for season 3 where Baby Yoda's love interest is introduced: another Baby Yoda, but this one has tittays

baby yaddle when

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Dongicus posted:

occupied with a... goon project of mine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SmIIouo5sg

i never spawned in

more proof birds arent real :smugdon:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I do actually wonder if this was actual armour used in battle of just the medieval equivalent of dress uniform.

Anime Bernie Bro
Feb 4, 2020

FUCK MY ASSHOLE, LOL
i'm just gonna say it anyone mad about sarkeesian's take is a seething chud and probably an incel as well

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

Rah! posted:

i never spawned in

more proof birds arent real :smugdon:

i just noticed me neither. invincible bad user name

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Anime Bernie Bro posted:

i'm just gonna say it anyone mad about sarkeesian's take is a seething chud and probably an incel as well

It's a pretty dumb take, but worthy of no more than an eye-roll and then forgetting about.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Samovar posted:

I do actually wonder if this was actual armour used in battle of just the medieval equivalent of dress uniform.

it was an accoutrement of royal armor

actually having your dick in a protruding codpiece thingy like that in battle would just make it a billion times easier to take a groin wound than if you were just wearing armor

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!

Anime Bernie Bro posted:

having seen gamergate in its times lol at anyone who thinks that sarkeesian is this weird innocent flower who just posts opinions without understanding that gamergaters are obsessed with her

her podcast is probably ablout feminism, that being her thing, and she's not being a moron, knows that gamergaters are still obsessed with her and will blow up an innocuous comment. because she's not a moron.

and people here are championing the idea that she somehow doesn't take the reaction of the hordes of obsessive chuds who can't let go into account when she tweets? how the gently caress do you think she'd not be aware of that? tbh you make her sound like this innocent, fragile thing and not an adult woman who's lived with this dynamic for years and seems to be doing fine at this point

Hodgepodge has issued a correction as of 12:42 on Nov 23, 2020

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
you see, something awful forums user Anime Bernie Bro, we're not mad at her takes, like the chuds are. we're mad at her for having takes, and posting them, because she knows that it will anger the chuds. you obviously don't know this, otherwise you would be angry at her too, you fool who thinks her innocent.

edit: correction, we are NOT mad

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

it’s about nuance in hating women

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Good to know that it’s a serious transgression to post when you know that nazis will read your posts. Filled with rage at a person’s posts now. Feels good.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
https://youtu.be/yqTjKhYh4fs

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Samovar posted:

A lot of the fancy ones were pretty much just for show, but armor of that style was definitely worn in battle. It was effective, to a point, though when dismounted they more vulnerable than during the standard cavalry charge.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

all armor should be boob and dick armor, and if the occupants don’t need both they can use the extra room to store snacks

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
a lot of medival armor was just nobles showing off.

the advent of muskets meaning armor wasn’t actually useful was revolutionary to nobles becoming fashion dolls

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Strutting around in full plate "WHOOPS I DROPPED MY MONSTER TWO-FOOT CODPIECE THAT I USE FOR MY MAGNUM DONG"

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

the advent of muskets meaning armor wasn’t actually useful was revolutionary to nobles becoming fashion dolls

it was still useful when coercing serfs

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

SirSamVimes posted:

It's a pretty dumb take, but worthy of no more than an eye-roll and then forgetting about.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Brain Curry posted:

all armor should be boob and dick armor, and if the occupants don’t need both they can use the extra room to store snacks

That's where I'd keep my nuts,

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

CharlestheHammer posted:

it's also kinda funny that even after armor went the way of the dinosaur the nobility still continued to mine the military for fashion poo poo, belts and ties immediately come to mind as something that came directly out of military dress, I'm sure there's more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Data Graham posted:

Strutting around in full plate "WHOOPS I DROPPED MY MONSTER TWO-FOOT CODPIECE THAT I USE FOR MY MAGNUM DONG"

:thunk: would it surprise anyone if some alex jones-adjacent grifter started a brand of """tactical""" codpieces? by which I mean actually make and sell them to larpchuds and/or steal the preorder money and run, rather than a purely fictitious satire webpage to intentionally ridicule the male tendency to use violence/aggression to cover up their insecurities.