Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Worklurker posted:

I don't see voxelgram (3d picross basically).

It's not on SALE <:mad:>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
What if Picross Warriors. You solved a puzzle oh it's a bunch of grapes now you're playing as the bunch of grapes and beating up hundreds of enemies.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Nep-Nep posted:

What if Picross Warriors. You solved a puzzle oh it's a bunch of grapes now you're playing as the bunch of grapes and beating up hundreds of enemies.

It would sell five hundred million copies but nobody would ever acknowledge it exists.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

picross xtreme beach volleyball

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
My Target randomly had 1 Switch for sale with the MK 8 download. I’m honestly getting this just for Link’s Awakening and Mario Maker.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Thanks to Len who noticed that Walmart had some Switchs show up in stock.

I had checked Walmart like earlier and they had nothin.
Ordered quickly just in case.
Will have to pick up some games later.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

OgNar posted:

Thanks to Len who noticed that Walmart had some Switchs show up in stock.

I had checked Walmart like earlier and they had nothin.
Ordered quickly just in case.
Will have to pick up some games later.

Hopefully it goes through!

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Len posted:

Hopefully it goes through!

It states delivery on 11-25.
We'll see though.
I know deliveries are super slow with this.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Nice to see some people newer to switch than I am :sweatdrop:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Leal posted:

In 5 days I'm sure businesses will have some at a better price. Just be sure after your thanksgiving dinner you set up a tent in front of your local walmart and be ready to punch a grandma

I think this year in the US it'll be more like Black Death Friday, given any kind of typical Black Friday event's gonna be a free giveaway of COVID-19 for every shopper. :ohdear:

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Morter posted:

Nice to see some people newer to switch than I am :sweatdrop:

Right? I felt late to the game getting it as a gift Christmas '08

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Red posted:

My Target randomly had 1 Switch for sale with the MK 8 download. I’m honestly getting this just for Link’s Awakening and Mario Maker.

that's how it starts

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I think this year in the US it'll be more like Black Death Friday, given any kind of typical Black Friday event's gonna be a free giveaway of COVID-19 for every shopper. :ohdear:

Yeah please do not go out to stores on Black Friday to save $30 because you will massively increase the chances of either getting sick (medical bills cost more than $30) or dying or killing someone close to you. $30 is not worth that.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
I bought links awakening today despite knowing about the FPS issues it had when switching areas. The FPS drops don’t bother me that much but the fact that 25% of the screen is blurred is really dumb and irritating.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah please do not go out to stores on Black Friday to save $30 because you will massively increase the chances of either getting sick (medical bills cost more than $30) or dying or killing someone close to you. $30 is not worth that.

Used to be the only thing you had to worry about on Black Friday was being trampled to death.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Does anyone know if Baroque on the Japanese eshop has English menu options? I'd like to play it again.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

bowmore posted:

that's how it starts

This is my ... fourth (?) Nintendo console in a row. I was pretty sure I was done after the Wii, then the Wii U, then the DS.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

slave to my cravings posted:

I bought links awakening today despite knowing about the FPS issues it had when switching areas. The FPS drops don’t bother me that much but the fact that 25% of the screen is blurred is really dumb and irritating.

Oddly enough, it kind of accentuates the look of the game (for me). I'm loving it, and I'm surprised how much of this game I remember.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

This is the main reason I haven't tried it out yet, and I assume there isn't an option to turn it off. Octopath Traveler did the same thing and I found it really annoying in the demo. It'd probably help with the framerate too; I turn off motion blur and DoF effects in every PC game I play and it always leads to a huge increase in performance on top of not looking bad to me.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

bowmore posted:

that's how it starts

Holy poo poo you're not kidding. I got the Switch cause it was my birthday last month, AND Amazon had one in stock to bring in the next day. I had only intended on getting Monster Hunter out in march, and I got BotW because it seemed like a flagship game

then I got puzzle games

then I got rhythm games

then I got Lego City Underworld

Then I got Resident Evil Revelations 2...again

Then I got 2 more rhythm games

then I got Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

then I got 4 more puzzle games

i've only had this for a month with the intention of like...3 games!

:negative:

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Red posted:

Oddly enough, it kind of accentuates the look of the game (for me). I'm loving it, and I'm surprised how much of this game I remember.

I’ve seen some other people make similar comments and it just doesn’t do it for me. I like the art style and graphics of the game fine but it’s too distracting and makes me think my glasses are smudged or something. There are enemies less than a few paces away that are blurry and fire stuff at you. That’s just awful to me and doesn’t make sense compared to the rest of the top down Zelda games.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I'm looking at the 14 dollar Okami that I already own in steam and was halfway through playing when I got a switch and just giving myself a gentle electric shock everytime I spend too long looking at it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah I got it recently and absolutely hated that graphic effect. It'd be ok on like just the borders but it looks absolutely ridiculous in handheld mode.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I'm looking at the 14 dollar Okami that I already own in steam and was halfway through playing when I got a switch and just giving myself a gentle electric shock everytime I spend too long looking at it.

So many games I wouldn’t play sitting at a desk but you throw it on the switch and I’m down.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

I just started the Age of Calamity demo and was hooked from the moment we're introduced to the tiny guardian. It's so cute and adorable and no harm must come to my little robot buddy.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Red posted:

You just think you're getting it for those two games.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Spent way too much money on games this weekend, hopefully I will eventually get to play them! Stupid black friday early sales.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Spent way too much money on games this weekend, hopefully I will eventually get to play them! Stupid black friday early sales.

I dropped some cash on games too this weekend at my local game store. It was really wild shopping for something that wasn't groceries or home project stuff. What games did you buy?

I sold a few of my Wii U games (Yoshi's Woolly World, MK8, and BOTW) and PS3 Dragon's Dogma. Then I turned around and bought 3D All Stars and BOTW for the Switch. So of the four games I sold on Saturday, the three of them that are available for Switch are in my Switch collection. I wish I enjoyed Woolly World more than I did, but after trying in earnest to play through it five times, I'm okay with admitting I find it to be one of the most boring platformers I've ever played.

I was real close to getting Age of Calamity, but lately I've been looking for a chill game. And gosh does BOTW deliver. I haven't played it since it released and it's hitting me just as hard now as it did then. I leaned on it for stress relief while studying for a giant professional exam back in 2017 and now it's such a welcome, relaxing distraction from the pandemic.

Now I just need Stardew to go on sale for BF and I'll be set for a chill winter.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Wildtortilla posted:

I dropped some cash on games too this weekend at my local game store. It was really wild shopping for something that wasn't groceries or home project stuff. What games did you buy?

Age of Calamity on Friday. And then on Saturday I ended up getting Yoshi's Crafted World at GameStop, The Witcher 3, Trials of Mana, and RE3 at Best Buy. And I also spent $$$ on lego sets because as you can tell I'm bad with my money, but one of them was at least Mario themed! I am pretty much set for the foreseeable future and plan on not picking anything else up until I can work through my backlog or until BotW2 comes out.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I usually get my little brother a Pokemon game for Christmas. Have since I gave him Pokemon White to introduce- I mean get him hopelessly addicted to the series when he was 8. Well this year is the first year since then that there isn't a new Pokemon game out. He already got the Sw/Sh expansion for himself. So, I'm thinking I'll get him Breath of the Wild. He still doesn't have it, to my extreme shock. When asked about it he seems either convinced he won't like it or he wants to wait for BotW2 instead. Weirdo. Well it's Christmas, BotW2 is nowhere in sight, so he's getting it for Christmas and he will LIKE it, mister!

Teenagers, I swear. :rolleyes:

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Silver Falcon posted:

I usually get my little brother a Pokemon game for Christmas. Have since I gave him Pokemon White to introduce- I mean get him hopelessly addicted to the series when he was 8. Well this year is the first year since then that there isn't a new Pokemon game out. He already got the Sw/Sh expansion for himself. So, I'm thinking I'll get him Breath of the Wild. He still doesn't have it, to my extreme shock. When asked about it he seems either convinced he won't like it or he wants to wait for BotW2 instead. Weirdo. Well it's Christmas, BotW2 is nowhere in sight, so he's getting it for Christmas and he will LIKE it, mister!

Teenagers, I swear. :rolleyes:

I was once a teenage boy that liked Pokemon. If I had BOTW as a teenager I'd have lost my mind over it.

You're on the right track.

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.
Looking for recommendations for my girlfriend for Christmas since she says she wants more games fro her switch.

She's played the hell out of Star Dew and Animal Crossing but for some reason has no interest in trying My time at Portia or Song of Seasons etc. She's currently really enjoying Two Point Hospital, so I was thinking one of the Roller Coaster Tycoons? I'm guessing 3 would be the way to go over adventures?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Wildtortilla posted:

I was once a teenage boy that liked Pokemon. If I had BOTW as a teenager I'd have lost my mind over it.

You're on the right track.

Good! Anybody know if there are any sales on BotW for the holidays? I haven't paid that much attention to the Black Friday stuff. I figure the answer is "Hahaha no," but figured I'd check. :shrug:

Oh, online deals, specifically. No way in hell am I going anywhere near a store on Black Friday especially this year.

Tea Bone posted:

Looking for recommendations for my girlfriend for Christmas since she says she wants more games fro her switch.

She's played the hell out of Star Dew and Animal Crossing but for some reason has no interest in trying My time at Portia or Song of Seasons etc. She's currently really enjoying Two Point Hospital, so I was thinking one of the Roller Coaster Tycoons? I'm guessing 3 would be the way to go over adventures?

Does she like cute and chill games? She might enjoy Yoshi's Crafted World. Also is Rune Factory 4 out on this thing yet? It's similar to Stardew, just more anime. I enjoy both of those but I never particularly cared for Harvest Moon. Also does she have Breath of the Wild? Every Switch owner should play Breath of the Wild.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I bought Picross S1 and that's good for now. I'm toying with the idea of getting Part Time UFO and thought about Red Lantern, but my partner hardly seems interested in playing either so I'll leave it at that for the moment.

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.

Silver Falcon posted:

Good! Anybody know if there are any sales on BotW for the holidays? I haven't paid that much attention to the Black Friday stuff. I figure the answer is "Hahaha no," but figured I'd check. :shrug:

Oh, online deals, specifically. No way in hell am I going anywhere near a store on Black Friday especially this year.

Does she like cute and chill games? She might enjoy Yoshi's Crafted World. Also is Rune Factory 4 out on this thing yet? It's similar to Stardew, just more anime. I enjoy both of those but I never particularly cared for Harvest Moon. Also does she have Breath of the Wild? Every Switch owner should play Breath of the Wild.

Yeah that's basically it. She just likes easy low-pressure games she can play to just unwind, I hadn't thought of Yoshi actually, I'll bounce the idea of it around to see what she thinks. And no she doesn't have Breath of the Wild. She's seen me playing it but has zero interest in trying it herself.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
With the way the UI's laid out, AOC could have a ton of characters so I'm really hoping at some point you get to unlock cool kid Sidon as a playable character.

Revali is as much an rear end in a top hat as expected so far and he has the moveset to back it up. :black101:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thvqIawz5lc

TWEWY sequel coming to Switch.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

:woop:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Uhhh this better fuckin' get localized :blastu: