Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Heads up on this nightfall specifically, you get your real rewards a solid 30 seconds after the Chest opens

Once you see "Platinum Rewards" in the activity feed, you've completed the mission. If you're going to orbit right after picking up the blue that comes out of the dead boss chest, you're not getting your rewards.

Rewards are also poo poo for anything below a 1250

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Good to know, thanks! I got the gold lol

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

RBA Starblade posted:

First one in a a while but back earlier you just got one. That's a bummer.

Not a fan of the barrier mod system either

This is the season of Anti-Barrier Pulse + No Time to Explain, friend.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Uh after doing a Hero Nightfall was the quest supposed to leave my inventory and give me nothing?

Mattavist posted:

This is the season of Anti-Barrier Pulse + No Time to Explain, friend.

Yep figured that out pretty quick lol

e: The Prod is a p good ship lol

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Nov 23, 2020

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

XBenedict posted:

Hard agree.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I kicked too much rear end, ran out of frames.

https://i.imgur.com/MOikwzi.mp4

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
here's a question i've been pondering: why does season of the hunt exist?

europa has a ton of repeatable questing and endgame grinding to do. season of the hunt is one (1) activity that sucks that requires grinding playlists, which only lost content this expansion. why the gently caress didn't they just give europa 3 months to breathe without season of the hunt, then launch that alongside a new pvp map or two (by new i mean probably from d1) and maybe even another returning strike and (gasp) a gambit map? 3 months probably not enough time but hell i'd even take a longer wait

beyond light is totally worth $40. you'd have to pay me to engage with season of the hunt, and i am mad i got the dumb collectors edition

(normally i'd say "greed and fomo-based engagement" except the fomo part is supposed to go away this year, isn't it?)

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Because Hunt is the "season" content and BL is the annual expansion. Next season, Hunt is gone but BL will stick around forever (or until it gets Vaulted).

They probably should have pushed Hunt to next season and just made BL bigger, but it's a little late for that.

They did the same thing with SK last year and whatever the Undying season was called.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

yeah, Season of the Undying is what went alongside Shadowkeep, it was Vex invasions + Vex Offensive.

Season of the Hunt feels like it's basically just supposed to be post Europa story/the segue into events that will follow through the other seasons? Sort of how like blowing up the vex mind in Undying kicked off stuff on Mercury with the Sundial / Infinite Forest?

Content-wise, it really feels like they should have done more with it. Given they did all the sunsetting, you really think they could have done a little better then like, 5 guns attached to the seasonal activity. (Particularly given they have a cool aesthetic) but there is certainly more to come - probably not as much as we want, but there's clearly going to be a Hunt Scanner 2 or whatever that lets us track Cabal hunts on EDZ or something, and it's all building to hunting down Xivu Arath or whatever so that will probably be it's own mission or something.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
There's still a decent chance Season of the Hunt gets more content added to it as the season goes on, it's been going for less than a week.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I can't think of one thing I didn't like about Season of Arrivals. Events, guns, armor, exotics, story, everything was good. It's the bar every Season should aim for from now on.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Roman posted:

I can't think of one thing I didn't like about Season of Arrivals. Events, guns, armor, exotics, story, everything was good. It's the bar every Season should aim for from now on.

They put the gambit icon in the same spot the traveler used to be on the director, this is an unforgivable bait and switch.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Oxyclean posted:

yeah, Season of the Undying is what went alongside Shadowkeep, it was Vex invasions + Vex Offensive.

Season of the Hunt feels like it's basically just supposed to be post Europa story/the segue into events that will follow through the other seasons? Sort of how like blowing up the vex mind in Undying kicked off stuff on Mercury with the Sundial / Infinite Forest?

Content-wise, it really feels like they should have done more with it. Given they did all the sunsetting, you really think they could have done a little better then like, 5 guns attached to the seasonal activity. (Particularly given they have a cool aesthetic) but there is certainly more to come - probably not as much as we want, but there's clearly going to be a Hunt Scanner 2 or whatever that lets us track Cabal hunts on EDZ or something, and it's all building to hunting down Xivu Arath or whatever so that will probably be it's own mission or something.
Also keep in mind that this season's seasonal stuff is meant as a sort of "while you do x, have y ticking up in the background" sort of thing.

You don't aim to grind lures to go do hunts to get gear in a single isolated area, participating in the seasonal activity is extra grease for having done other stuff you were doing for fun anyways. "I did some nightfalls to unlock this aspect for my hunter, oh look, I earned two lures from the process, guess I'll turn those into items."

If you weren't a complete nerd like me and didn't already hit the 1250 power cap, hunts could be used to fill in slots that were behind, power-wise. The items themselves aren't bad, either. Friction Fire, Deafening Whisper, and Blast Butt are all weapons I'd see myself using, while the scout is unique (the only non-sunset void scout rifle) and the linear fusion is, well, the only linear fusion that survives sunsetting past this season.

I can't say much about the armor rolls - not sure if they've fixed the mod system yet, or if it hits high statroll armor.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

xzzy posted:

They put the gambit icon in the same spot the traveler used to be on the director, this is an unforgivable bait and switch.

Another gig paid off for ol drifter

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

xzzy posted:

Because Hunt is the "season" content and BL is the annual expansion. Next season, Hunt is gone but BL will stick around forever (or until it gets Vaulted).

As far as I'm aware they have backtracked on this since Y3. Seasonal activities will remain in some fashion throughout the entire year. I would expect this to mean that while the plot might move on like it did in Y3 you will always have the lure for hunts this year and can get gear from hunts the entire time.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Roman posted:

I thought "Contact" was kind of weak. Better then Seraph Towers but i didn't really stick with it beyond what I was forced to do for weeklys/triumphs? I also wasn't hot on the weekly mission - I felt like the motivation to do it dropped off quick and there was some nuisances with it (stupid spongey shrieker boss)

Grimegrams were an okay system, but a seriously annoying if you procrastinated sorting out what you should roll with them. I would really love a season where I just accrue a special, uncapped currency and then spend that at my leisure.

The fact the lure caps at three charges this season is a similar annoyance. The second I hit 3, I feel like I need to drop what I'm doing and go spend one.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Raid's good, well worth the cost of the expansion. Hope I can beat the final boss tomorrow.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Oxyclean posted:

I thought "Contact" was kind of weak. Better then Seraph Towers but i didn't really stick with it beyond what I was forced to do for weeklys/triumphs? I also wasn't hot on the weekly mission - I felt like the motivation to do it dropped off quick and there was some nuisances with it (stupid spongey shrieker boss)

Grimegrams were an okay system, but a seriously annoying if you procrastinated sorting out what you should roll with them. I would really love a season where I just accrue a special, uncapped currency and then spend that at my leisure.

The fact the lure caps at three charges this season is a similar annoyance. The second I hit 3, I feel like I need to drop what I'm doing and go spend one.

I do feel like contact got stale real quick for me, but then again I played season of arrivals until like season level 340 or something and I'm not sure any seasonal activity is going to remain fresh and fun for that long.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

xzzy posted:

This is where Gambit's been leading!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I wonder when they'll give Ikora something else to do in the tower. She's kind of just there now

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans
Drifter is going to dunk the Traveler.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

xzzy posted:

I’m under the impression that seasonal activities are sticking around this time around and will only be vaulted with Taken Queen.

That said, Season of the Hunt leaves me with the impression seasons will be even more barebones this time around...hence why they’ll stick around.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Bideo James posted:

Drifter is going to dunk the Traveler.

MOTES FOR THE BANK!

Also when do we get a seasonal activity where the drifter teaches a bunch of taken to play basketball vs guardians?

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Strobe posted:

There's still a decent chance Season of the Hunt gets more content added to it as the season goes on, it's been going for less than a week.

It's more than a decent chance... there absolutely will be more content.

We saw, in marketing, that scene with Zavala, Osiris, and 2 Cabal Blood Guards. We know there is at least one additional quest, and we know Hawkmoon is coming.

Datamining wise, there is a ton of content that is missing strings... Quests, Activities, and even parts of zones that exist in the game data and the data shows an entry into the string table for that content, but the entry in the string table doesn't exist. This is an extremely common way for bungie to protect future content from datamining. Bungie releases a patch to add these strings generally a few weeks before they go live. We know there is going to be a patch on Tuesday, and we know there will be a mid-season patch on Dec 15th, as most of the Dawning stuff is missing strings. Hawkmoon is also missing strings, so it probably wont be out before Dawning.

Anyway, there is absolutely more coming, even before the upcoming patch. There are 2 more Exo Challenges, there are increased difficulty things, and there is atleast one more cutscene (although no guarantees when it plays, and I do not know what it is).

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
I'm actually pleasantly surprised with the two new scouts- royal chase the seasonal one, and the raid one.

my royal chase rolled with full auto and and multi-kill clip, and seems pretty ok! though I haven't used it in tougher content. It's also got this wonderful meaty firing sound.

my raid one rolled with opening shot and the new perk reconstruction- it slowly refills ammo, up to double (or was it 1.5?) the original capacity. It's also a rapid fire frame and feels nice to shoot.

So basically I guess I like scouts that are secretly autos

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Raid scout owns, it's just better version of randy or symmetry

Got one with killing wind and HIR and it is my friend

Yeah there's more stuff coming to the wrath born hunts but who knows what it is. Triumph menu shows that there's a 7th upgrade to the lure too

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

RBA Starblade posted:

I wonder when they'll give Ikora something else to do in the tower. She's kind of just there now

Ikora will eventually die offscreen in a lore post. Why? Her voice actress is unavailable / busy with other things.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

hey nerds tell me about your exotic gunfeelings

Doc Mave
Jan 7, 2007
Not a real doc.
Soooo if I’ve got all the world drop exotics now, dupe protection would mean I can delete one piece of exotic armour and buy an engram from Xur each week and be guaranteed it’s that one missing piece, right?

As a returning player I’ve got plenty of ‘legacy’ exotics for which I need to farm moddable replacements with decent rolls!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That's not how it works, the dupe protection is only on exotics you haven't unlocked in collections. It doesn't care about your vault.

It will stop giving you guns though.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Doc Mave posted:

Soooo if I’ve got all the world drop exotics now, dupe protection would mean I can delete one piece of exotic armour and buy an engram from Xur each week and be guaranteed it’s that one missing piece, right?

As a returning player I’ve got plenty of ‘legacy’ exotics for which I need to farm moddable replacements with decent rolls!

No, as far as I know, dupe protection is about if you have it unlocked (in collection) or not. If you need an exotic you've gotten before you can just pull it from collection. If you need on with good rolls, well, get lucky.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

If Drifter's dumbass "scams" don't end up with him somehow becoming the new taken king this is a bullshit game

e: Monte Carlo may not be the best but boy it's satisfying with the skullfort or dunemarchers

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Ol' Uncle Drifter is the best character in this game by such a wide margin.

e: Anyone who sided with the Vanguard in Joker's Wild is a narc and should be ashamed.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Nah, never make Shaxx sad. gently caress the drifter.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

xzzy posted:

Nah, never make Shaxx sad. gently caress the drifter.

Why would Shaxx be sad about that, I didn't think he was involved at all

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

CottonWolf posted:

Ol' Uncle Drifter is the best character in this game by such a wide margin.

e: Anyone who sided with the Vanguard in Joker's Wild is a narc and should be ashamed.

I sided Vanguard with one character and it hurt me to play Gambit and be called a snitch.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

RBA Starblade posted:

Why would Shaxx be sad about that, I didn't think he was involved at all
maybe inferred from this lore? they're not good friends.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
After about 7 runs I got a Cloudstrike. It's a fun little gun, but I don't think anything is going to be replacing the Lament soon. That sword is just so loving brutal.

I also realized that the block meter equates directly to the length you can have it revved and it only re-energizes when you have the sword out. Wish there was a mob that had enough HP so I can do a DPS check, because that time it takes to re-charge, while not terribly long, is long enough to chill out your DPS for a few. The guillotine might edge it out in a long term fight due to the ammo conservation and keeping whirlwind up, but in terms of burst damage nothing can match the lament right now.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Just be a titan and go all in on the sword build with stronghold and the lucent blade mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

What do you guys bind sword block to? It's on B for me and I find that super awkward to press, particularly if I'm trying to move as well.