Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will You Miss Indie Wrestling?
No it sucked
Yes
View Results

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

TV Zombie posted:

Have you bought from them before? to just see what older or newer stuff to suggest

Not really, so far just going for the compilations and one event

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Lamuella posted:

Safe to say we won't be seeing any more of those.

True! Nothing else about MLW's product is drawing me back to it, though. You'd think a promotion that books so many potential style clashes would be more interesting, but here we are.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Their Royal Rumble knockoff is at least kind of fun and they still do War Games despite not being able to call it that. That plus Jacob Fatu are their big selling points IMO.

However, I will still not watch their very boring show and just hope that one day Fatu and Salina de la Renta come to AEW.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

ASW 8 NGT I & II (Includes Castagnoli vs Hero going long, and the Bucks vs Strong & Aries)
ASW 6 Ngt I(Low Ki vs Bryan Danielson for the title and the Muscle Outlawz vs the Bucks)
Steen Wolf (Steen vs Generico ladder match, Ricochet vs Chuck Taylor, and the Bucks vs Future Shock. Oh, and the greatest PWG moment ever)
Fear (I won't spoil this because it'll ruin said greatest moment, but the main event is really something else, and it also has Dick Togo vs Generico)

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Nov 23, 2020

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Gonzo McFee posted:

I'm partial to the Generico Compilation though you would probably get to see a variety of wrestlers in one of the PWG Sells Out compilations. In term of an event, you can't really go wrong with a Battle Of Los Angeles since the event takes place over a couple of nights so there are multiple discs to buy. I like Steen Wolf for the main event, which is outstanding and the cool front and back cover art.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Steen Wolf (Steen vs Generico ladder match, Ricochet vs Chuck Taylor, and the Bucks vs Future Shock. Oh, and the greatest PWG moment ever)
Fear (I won't spoil this because it'll ruin said greatest moment, but the main event is really something else, and it also has Dick Togo vs Generico)

This is all true, but gosh I went to check the dates on that and drat, the Bucks were the best tag team on earth nearly TEN YEARS AGO. i am dust and dying.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ganso Bomb posted:

Their Royal Rumble knockoff is at least kind of fun and they still do War Games despite not being able to call it that. That plus Jacob Fatu are their big selling points IMO.

However, I will still not watch their very boring show and just hope that one day Fatu and Salina de la Renta come to AEW.

I was watching MLW semi regularly until the first Battle Riot and thought the first one was so incredibly boring and disappointing that I basically gave up on the product.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Add Guerre Sans Frontieres which has my favorite PWG match ever, Chris Hero defending the strap vs Danielson. Great, great match, one of many matches Danielson has had that I feel should have been given 5 Stars. Also has the Bucks teaming with Brian Kendrick vs CIMA and the MCMG, and Shingo Takagi vs Generico.

Quick piece of advice: avoid early PWG. Lotsa SoCal guys who kinda suck, lotsa LOLRACISM stuff. And multiple Joey Ryan pushes.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Nov 23, 2020

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MassRafTer posted:

I was watching MLW semi regularly until the first Battle Riot and thought the first one was so incredibly boring and disappointing that I basically gave up on the product.

The idea is fun, at least, and I love the Rumble in general so it's an easy way in for me.

I will not disagree that it can be pretty boring (as with all things MLW) if not done right, but it's enough of a spin on a concept I love to at least pique my interest.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

There's enough parts of MLW that intrigue me or I enjoy that I can usually find it a really easy watch. But no, it doesn't come together into a "good show" very often. Still, guys like MJF, Jacob Fatu, and Air Wolf were exposed to me first through MLW so like... it feels like it has some value as a stepping stone and exposure promotion. And Contra Unit is way better done than Retribution.

Fad
Nov 13, 2002

I dont care.

Gonzo McFee posted:

Professional Wrestling Gorilla are doing their big sale, what's a good set of DVD's to get?

If you are looking for AEW vs NXT with a sprinkling of NJPW, the 2015-2017 discs have a lot good matches we probably won’t see again for a while. Specific recommendations based on the list available would be Mystery Vortex III, Don’t Sweat the Technique, Thirteen & 2016
BOLA, if you are interested in seeing Liger and an on excursion Hiromu.

Fad fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Nov 24, 2020

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

IWTV just uploaded thirty Jersey All Pro shows from 1998-2001 with plans to eventually add a hundred, in case anyone wants to see a bunch of early Homicide and Low Ki alongside some late era ECW guys. Also features the nineteenth anniversary show

https://independentwrestling.tv/news/hard-drive-contents-revealed-jersey-all-pro-wrestling-comes-to-iwtv

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Lamuella posted:

IWTV just uploaded thirty Jersey All Pro shows from 1998-2001 with plans to eventually add a hundred, in case anyone wants to see a bunch of early Homicide and Low Ki alongside some late era ECW guys. Also features the nineteenth anniversary show

https://independentwrestling.tv/news/hard-drive-contents-revealed-jersey-all-pro-wrestling-comes-to-iwtv

Lotsa wall tosses i bet

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

That is so loving exciting. Because JAPW is one of those groups hugely important in the growth of modern indie wrestling

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

That is so loving exciting. Because JAPW is one of those groups hugely important in the growth of modern indie wrestling

Watch the stars of today get thrown into a wall

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Lamuella posted:

Said 19th anniversary show is headlined by Rey Mysterio vs. Low-Ki, which is a must-see for anyone who's never checked it out. Easily the best thing from Rey's dream match tour. (Also, I had never seen the official version before, as I had been told that the DVD had bad audio sync issues. I guess that happened in reencoding or authoring, because the audio syncs up fine here.)

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/TheJimmyRave/status/1332880965841137666

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

...that's hosed up.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

thats absolutely horrible

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Christ that’s so sad.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
For those of you who like Chris Hero

https://www.reddit.com/r/WrestlingGenius/comments/k2mthz/just_checking_in_with_you_all_open_for_suggestions/

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I was thinking about Hero earlier today. Glad that he’s taking some time for himself and I’m hoping to hear Chris Is Awesome hit over an AEW ring.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Lumbermouth posted:

I was thinking about Hero earlier today. Glad that he’s taking some time for himself and I’m hoping to hear Chris Is Awesome hit over an AEW ring.
Need to see Hero vs Kingston one final time with Kingston finally going over for a title

HouseOfLeaves99
Mar 20, 2009
The first time Hero left WWE, his matches in PWG were otherworldly. In that stretch, he was definitely in the conversation for best in the world.

I would love an AEW run. He matches up with heavy and lightweights so perfectly. Kingston, Mox, Omega, Archer, the serious vet v Orange Cassidy, Darby, Janela, give him a partner and give him another shot at the Lucha Bros.

Sign him, Coward Tony!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
At the end of this The Rascalz are going to have a 1000+ tag team title reign in PWG off their first title reign due to Covid. They're supposedly getting signed by WWE.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
there was a free gcw show last week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CnSGObiz3w

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
SSW IS BACK!

https://twitter.com/SSWWrestling1/status/1338255883214708737

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Looks like KTB is retiring

https://twitter.com/KTB_mauls/status/1339977481571450883?s=19

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Maybe it's just the end of the KTB name, which I always thought was a little silly. Here's hoping!

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Retirement? Gimmick Change? He got his "We saw you on AEW" contract from WWE?

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

I would not go to an indie wrestling show in Tennessee right now. Or anywhere else, but especially Tennessee.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Punch McLightning posted:

I would not go to an indie wrestling show in Tennessee right now. Or anywhere else, but especially Tennessee.

Unless you live alone there is a better chance a SSW show is more socially distanced than your house.

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos
WWE trademarks "The Collective"
https://twitter.com/WRESTLEZONEcom/status/1340324518938624000?s=19

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

gently caress this company

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Yukaichiban posted:

WWE trademarks "The Collective"

What loving assholes. I'm hoping this doesn't go through considering GCW has been using "The Collective" branding for 2 years now.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The Collective branding is basically meaningless and Brett is too broke right now to fight it so they might as well just let WWE trademark it and then run WM 2022 weekend as The Unit.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

The Collective is an edgy new faction for WWE's new direction! I'm sure younger viewers will tune in once they see Dick gently caress, G-Punch, and Ramrod in action!

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos

MassRafTer posted:

The Collective branding is basically meaningless and Brett is too broke right now to fight it so they might as well just let WWE trademark it and then run WM 2022 weekend as The Unit.

This is my only, I guess positive, who the hell buys these shows or goes to these shows due too name anyway. It's scummy as gently caress but WWE is really stupid if the think taking away the name will cause even one single person to not watch.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
They're petty enough that they think they can bomb SEO so that looking up "The Collective wrestling" will just outright bury GCW on Google, it's about trying to make sure WWE is just synonymous with ALL wrestling. They'll settle for .4 ratings every year for a decade if it meant there was no competition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

That's pretty generic for a trademark, even if it just applies to wrestling. I'm with it being mostly for seo burying.