Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I use one of the thumb buttons on my G604.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Second digit thumb button on mouse, first one being melee.
Read something today about binding block to melee since you cant "melee" when using a sword anyways, anybody have that setup?

Doc Mave
Jan 7, 2007
Not a real doc.

xzzy posted:

That's not how it works, the dupe protection is only on exotics you haven't unlocked in collections. It doesn't care about your vault.

It will stop giving you guns though.

Thanks for the info. Guess I’ll just cross my four leafed clovers and hope the engrams or Xur drop some good replacements.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Bungie's exotic distribution scheme is complete poo poo so if you're working for a good roll on a specific exotic you are in for a long painful journey.

(the lesson being taught is to stop caring about stats on armor, wear whatever you happen to own)

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Oxyclean posted:

What do you guys bind sword block to? It's on B for me and I find that super awkward to press, particularly if I'm trying to move as well.

L2

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Oxyclean posted:

What do you guys bind sword block to? It's on B for me and I find that super awkward to press, particularly if I'm trying to move as well.

I have it as ALT because it is somehow comfortable for me to push.

xzzy posted:

Just be a titan and go all in on the sword build with stronghold and the lucent blade mod.

Lucent blade is awesome with the lament.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Oxyclean posted:

I moved it to F since all my mice buttons are being used by other stuff.

It works for me but means I can't strafe right at all

hattersmad
Feb 21, 2015

In this style, 10/6

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Read something today about binding block to melee since you cant "melee" when using a sword anyways, anybody have that setup?

Yep, I use the same mouse side button for both melee and sword block (also works for blocking with Titan void super). Works great.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

xzzy posted:

I use one of the thumb buttons on my G604.

G604 gang :hfive:

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Confirm, I used to have exactly that setup and it worked perfectly (hopefully unnecessary disclaimer: that was last season).

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Actually wait, sword block isn’t the same button as Aim Down Sights on KBM?

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Mattavist posted:

Actually wait, sword block isn’t the same button as Aim Down Sights on KBM?

No, LMB / RMB are for light and heavy attack.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Doc Mave posted:

Thanks for the info. Guess I’ll just cross my four leafed clovers and hope the engrams or Xur drop some good replacements.
Double reward ordeals next week make 1250s a good place to get exotics and piss crystals - you might end up getting decent rolls that way.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Sestze posted:

Double reward ordeals next week make 1250s a good place to get exotics and piss crystals - you might end up getting decent rolls that way.

I need mats so bad, guess I will need to grind my face off this weekend.

Just out of curiosity, what classes do you all enjoy the most? I consider my hunter (bottom tree nightstalker) to be my main, but I've really been enjoying the play style of the middle tree dawnblade. So much so that I kind of want to start dumping all my mats into the warlock.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I started D2 as a Titan cause my friends went Warlock and Hunter, but around CoO or Warmind i swapped to Warlock and have been Warlock main ever since.

I remember a time when I thought Warlock jump was janky/dumb. Now it is life. Top tree Solar (Icarus dash owns) Middle Tree Arc (ball lightning is fun) and I think top Void for huge nuke void bomb build.

Somewhat shamefully, I forget way too often about the grenade eating mechanic.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I started Destiny as a lightning punch guardian and I'm going to end it as a lightning punch guardian

Doc Mave
Jan 7, 2007
Not a real doc.

xzzy posted:

(the lesson being taught is to stop caring about stats on armor, wear whatever you happen to own)

But the lizard part of my brain has been trained to give me happy chemicals when numbers go up :(

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

next step of "Born Into Darkness" has popped up for me. First step was 50 stasis kills on Europa (easy in the Eclipse zone) next step is 3 nightfalls, 60 combatants afflicted with stasis in nightfalls.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
i've done like zero nightfalls since the ordeal was introduced. how is matchmaking in them, assuming most people do the higher of the two matchmade difficulties? is it kinda lovely to do with pubs?

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy
I bound block to reload but will probably move it to melee, it’s worked so far but beginning to see the limitations.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
With the new Aspects out, Titans are unquestioned king of the sandbox

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Rip in peace the Vow, I finally got a bow better than you

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

abraham linksys posted:

i've done like zero nightfalls since the ordeal was introduced. how is matchmaking in them, assuming most people do the higher of the two matchmade difficulties? is it kinda lovely to do with pubs?

It's easy as gently caress. There's multiple difficulty tiers that give different rewards.

Easy mode is 1180 and doesn't drop anyting special. However it's super simple to do this 3x for the powerful. It's pretty much as easy as regular playlist strikes and there's one simple modifier like "killing fallen vandals makes them drop a slow mine"
I don't remember the specifics on the medium tiers but once you're at hard cap they're pretty easy with pubs so long as you bring your hero build where you're doing 80% of the work. Hero build being where you bring your most powerful and synergistic poo poo. Odds are other people will pull their weight but this is just insurance to make it go faster
Hard Mode is at 1250 with a bunch of champions and some simple modifiers and has a decently high chance at dropping exotics and masterwork materials. It's a crapshoot to do this with pubs.
Grandmaster Mode is 1280 with more champions/mods and has a high chance of dropping exotics and materials. You can't matchmake for this.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

abraham linksys posted:

I managed to get 100k in this week's heroic with pubs - it's not bad. I didn't have a ton of issue with it throughout Y3, it's probably going to be rough earlier in the season when people aren't as geared. At the end of arrivals I was blowing through heroic ordeal strange terrain with pubs like it wasn't much harder then a normal strike.

Spanish Manlove posted:

Easy mode is 1180 and doesn't drop anyting special. However it's super simple to do this 3x for the powerful. It's pretty much as easy as regular playlist strikes and there's one simple modifier like "killing fallen vandals makes them drop a slow mine"
I don't remember the specifics on the medium tiers but once you're at hard cap they're pretty easy with pubs so long as you bring your hero build where you're doing 80% of the work. Hero build being where you bring your most powerful and synergistic poo poo. Odds are other people will pull their weight but this is just insurance to make it go faster
Hard Mode is at 1250 with a bunch of champions and some simple modifiers and has a decently high chance at dropping exotics and masterwork materials. It's a crapshoot to do this with pubs.
Grandmaster Mode is 1280 with more champions/mods and has a high chance of dropping exotics and materials. You can't matchmake for this.
One other difference between a normal strike and Easy (Adept) is generally harsher respawn timers & delay on revives. It can be annoying if your team is bad about picking you up.
Heroic is 1220 and adds champions, and is the highest with matchmaking.
Legend is 1250, adds match game, locked equipment.
Master is 1280, adds more negative modifiers
Grandmaster is 1300, and adds even more negative stuff like extinguish and limited revives (also is not available until later.)

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Nov 23, 2020

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I wasn't sure about the floating melee buffs just from reading the text, but in practice they own. With just a little bit of luck you can have 99% uptime of both grenades and melee.

More room for fragments was pretty pivotal too.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

xzzy posted:

This not being a clean jump is the actual worst part of BL.

https://i.imgur.com/D39bsJQ.mp4

XBenedict posted:

Hard agree.

Ciaphas posted:

Hard agree.

Seems easy to me

https://i.imgur.com/i0mQA1H.gifv

Maybe reinstall your drivers and upgrade your RAM???

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That sparrow is known to get better launches. I guess it's lighter or whatever.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I land it on all my sparrows, boost before jumping and you'll make it

Baby sparrow is the best still though

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

If they sunset my scooty puff jr I swear to god I swear to god...

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

As it should be

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Seems easy to me

https://i.imgur.com/i0mQA1H.gifv

Maybe reinstall your drivers and upgrade your RAM???

https://i.imgur.com/1egRAje.gifv

I did it on a fullsize sparrow without air dodge :colbert:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

seems like i continue smoothly half the time and come to a dead stop the rest of the time on that jump

Orv
May 4, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
AFAIK the thing someone mentioned about the initial moments of boost being faster are correct and that'll land it every time, if you're just hard boosting up there from Variks you're gonna eat the wall.

The only thing I really miss from the Osiris strike with the big jump that someone always failed and went flying into the abyss.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Orv posted:

AFAIK the thing someone mentioned about the initial moments of boost being faster are correct and that'll land it every time, if you're just hard boosting up there from Variks you're gonna eat the wall.

The only thing I really miss from the Osiris strike with the big jump that someone always failed and went flying into the abyss.

I'm convinced some sparrows were heavier the others. I would just inexplicably have issues making that jump on one character but not the other.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

T1g4h posted:

https://i.imgur.com/1egRAje.gifv

I did it on a fullsize sparrow without air dodge :colbert:

This is probably coming down to one of you playing on PC and the other on console. The more frames per second your game is rendered at, the further your sparrow will go per second. Since destiny code has sparrow distance actually calculated as something akin to ~1foot per frame. It’s why SRL was standardized on consoles and never came out on PC. So that’s probably it.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Oxyclean posted:

I'm convinced some sparrows were heavier the others. I would just inexplicably have issues making that jump on one character but not the other.

I was curious if the raid sparrow reliably made it regardless of what you did but Blind Rasputin's explanation probably covers it.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

What actually counts as a Stasis Shatter final blow?

e: Oh lol I have to shatter someone and that shatter has to kill someone else, guess I'm putting this on the backburner til I get the exotic that can do that

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

RBA Starblade posted:

What actually counts as a Stasis Shatter final blow?

e: Oh lol I have to shatter someone and that shatter has to kill someone else, guess I'm putting this on the backburner til I get the exotic that can do that

use your aspect

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Just shattering the ice blocks does damage. Usually not enough to kill anything with just one, but you can set of multiple at the same time or close to it and the damage adds up fast.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Spanish Manlove posted:

use your aspect

I don't have one yet! I thought this quest was how I got it actually.

quote:

Just shattering the ice blocks does damage. Usually not enough to kill anything with just one, but you can set of multiple at the same time or close to it and the damage adds up fast.

The Titan class can only put one down at a time with their grenades afaict

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

RBA Starblade posted:

I don't have one yet! I thought this quest was how I got it actually.

The Titan class can only put one down at a time with their grenades afaict

The glacial wall grenade throws down multiple blocks, I think it's 6 if all of them form without popping immediately on a yellow bar/boss. Each one you burst will do damage and bursting 4 with your slide aspect will kill a player in range.