Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
786 Fading Star's Essence to buy out the new shop (after which it's not worth running it anymore, just like the other shop).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Bland posted:

Just to offer an opposing view here, if you have a strong party with the event damage up characters then you should be able to easily clear it solo in 3-4 minutes. Whereas co-op can be slightly faster, but can also give you a party of monkeys. I ended up finding it easier to go solo but YMMV.

That's fair, the only damage up character I have that's maxed out is Fischl, and I'm too lazy to kit her out for DPS rather than support. With Diluc, it was real slow clearing each loop.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

moush posted:

I'm torn on Zhongli because Geo is just not a competitive element considering how vital reactions are to doing damage and a piddly shield doesn't really help much.

if reactions are so vital then how come everyone forgets shatter exists.
checkmate, roll the rock husband

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Did anyone else find this in Mondstadt, by the cathedral?

Apparently each little platform has a ring around it, and if you jump from platform to platform in the full semi-circle, you get a luxurious chest at the end.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
I have a XQ C6 at level one and a C2 lvl 80 Klee someone teach me how to KleeQ

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

moush posted:

Pleasantly surprised by the story/writing for this event. I can only hope that Mihoyo is able to keep up the development speed so people don't get bored and drop off.

I'm torn on Zhongli because Geo is just not a competitive element considering how vital reactions are to doing damage and a piddly shield doesn't really help much.

Geo can shatter so the idea would probably be to run XQ, Diona and or Chong with Zhongli to improve the damage.

Probably wont hit as hard as Diluc Chong melt comp but you get the added benefit of the damage bypassing resistances and the geo shields giving you extra heft

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

inthesto posted:

Apparently each little platform has a ring around it, and if you jump from platform to platform in the full semi-circle, you get a luxurious chest at the end.

It is known! There are quite a few little secrets scattered all over the place (although most of the rewards aren't that good).

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Hey guys I need an opinion. I'm AR 23 would you run Keqing, Fischl, Mona, Barbara or Keqing, Fischl, Mona, Bennet?

I don't have Venti, Sucrose or Jean

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

I'd run Bennett over Barbara in 90% of situations.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

berenzen posted:

Keqing doesn't trigger electric reactions often because she applies the element so fast, so she doesn't get benefit from the thundering fury 4pc. The thundering fury 4pc instead is basically a 35% damage boost to all of your damage. That will probably provide a bigger damage boost than 2pc TF and 2pc gladiator unless you have absurdly low amounts of atk% damage boosts and incredibly high amounts of damage% boosts.

Also the 2pc bonus from Thundersoother is really nice for whenever you're fighting in water / rain / against Cicins. Not as great as extra damage, but can help maintain longer DPS.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Man after the shitshow that was the "I hope you got Venti!" phase 2 the phase 3 is pretty enjoyable. Just kill all the things fast. Four more days until resin freedom.

Hexel posted:

Hey guys I need an opinion. I'm AR 23 would you run Keqing, Fischl, Mona, Barbara or Keqing, Fischl, Mona, Bennet?

With only those characters, and no other options? Keqing/Fischl/Mona/Bennet. I mean always bet on Bennet, because Bennet, but also Barbara brings heals and wet and nothing else. You don't really need wet, and Bennet would give you good Vaporize/Overload opportunities.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Mailer posted:

Man after the shitshow that was the "I hope you got Venti!" phase 2 the phase 3 is pretty enjoyable. Just kill all the things fast. Four more days until resin freedom.

With only those characters, and no other options? Keqing/Fischl/Mona/Bennet. I mean always bet on Bennet, because Bennet, but also Barbara brings heals and wet and nothing else. You don't really need wet, and Bennet would give you good Vaporize/Overload opportunities.

Oh i got options, it's just Keqing is my main and i think those are my best guys, best synergy.

Selane
May 19, 2006

Someone help, I feel like I don't "get" Diona, which is a problem I don't really have with any other character. Like her kit seems kind of weird and I don't really get how you're supposed to use her. Yet in my quest to get Ningguang dupes on this banner I got one of those and seven Dionas so I figure I should at least give her a try.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Hold her Skill, switch to your DPS and benefit from the stamina consumption reduction. Upgrade her Skill, duration goes up per talent level until like 6.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
C6 diona is bad rear end but really cries for a fire carry. I would even try out Bennett (tho that may only be worth it floor 12)

All there is to her is stacking as much energy recharge as possible and charging her ult with E holds every 15 seconds. Putting a crit rate helm on her with favonious warbow is great because her E crits will build energy, sac bow is good too if you have it. So you just want to use her ult every thirty seconds or so and ideally get some melt off of it. You'll get shields while you're doing this.

She's still like fine even in a comp that doesnt care about cryo she's just a healer in that case.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Nov 23, 2020

Selane
May 19, 2006

No Wave posted:

C6 diona is bad rear end but really cries for a fire carry. I would even try out Bennett (tho that may only be worth it floor 12)

All there is to her is stacking as much energy recharge as possible and charging her ult with E holds every 15 seconds. Putting a crit rate helm on her with favonious warbow is great because her E crits will build energy, sac bow is good too if you have it. So you just want to use her ult every thirty seconds or so and ideally get some melt off of it. You'll get shields while you're doing this.

She's still like fine even in a comp that doesnt care about cryo she's just a healer in that case.

Hmm, ok. I'm still experimenting with my second team's roster, but it's currently something like Diluc/Fish/Barbara/? where I've been trying to figure out who to stick in the last slot, so maybe she'll fit in there.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

A bunch of units like Diona and XQ sort of need sacrificial weapons to really go from ok to great. Diona has the same behavior with the bow, her E shots all have an independent chance of triggering it the cooldown reset so they always reset when you charge shot. Shooting twice will fill up your bar pretty quickly as long as you have a bit of energy recharge. So you have near constant access to her field.

For fights against ice mobs where your field isnt as important you can stagger the charged Es to maximize the effect of the shield. It can tank a lot as long as diona has some health.

Selane
May 19, 2006

I actually have a Sacrificial Bow and a Favonius Warbow(refine 2) so maybe this will work out after all :woop:

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
I just wish Diona's heals ticked a little faster. I find myself having to pause sometimes if I'm trying to heal someone particular. I would love to get her C6, but I got C6 Ningguang off this banner, so I can't complain. I think Diona's C6 + a geared Sucrose would be a lot of fun.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

Would having Jean and Bennett in the same team be overkill for healing? I want to try out a completely different set of characters once I've finished levelling Childe up to become my other dps carry, and I figure Jean could work to do damage while he's on cooldown

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it seems like redundant since you could just run a Childe/Bennett team where both are built as carries and they have better elemental synergy than a Jean you'd also be building as carry.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

"Astrology."

"HAW-HAW"

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

inthesto posted:

I looked up where all precious chests were and this one threw me for a loop. Love ones like that.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Btw, helpful tip for people annnoyed by the birds during the Oceanid fight - if you have Ningguang, she trivializes those. Crystallize shields allow her to completely tank the birds' dives (I guess because they're elemental damage), and her attacks obviously hit the birds easily.

edit: Also, people asked how it's possible to hit the weekly BP cap, and I actually hit it this week. I believe it can occur if you complete some of the BP-length objectives in addition to everything else. I ended up having no reason to complete the Domain weekly objective.

S.J. posted:

That only happens if you teleport to the pin, you can do a charge attack to keep your damage physical.

Oh jeez, thanks for mentioning that! Somehow I completely missed that option.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Nov 23, 2020

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I am now at a point where I almost wish I could get a purple weapon. I got two purple greatswords that are both outclassed by Aminus and then a favonius bow and a purple book. It's rough.

I've got the bow on Childe and the Aminus on Baedou so it's not TOO bad but ugh I could use a Rust.

Can you pull weapons on the character banner? Weapon banner seems like a trap, but I'm thirsty for some decent weapons.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Damnit I want to start running a Childe/Beidou/Diona/XQ team but I cannot pull a 4* bow to save my life. Fish has my only 4* (favonious) and she needs it for my Diluc/XL/Fish/Jean team.

Seriously game, the hell do I need four Rainslashers for??

Also, how bad was the nerfed 1.1 story boss fight before the nerf? Cause I did it yesterday and it took me around 45 seconds to complete.

Lava Lamp Goddess fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Nov 23, 2020

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It was about the same as the weekly version of the fight for whatever highest AR is available to you.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Bussamove posted:

Bring Barbara in, Pyrovine’s the biggest joke in the room among the world bosses.

Do the regisvine weak points do the same thing abyss mage shields do where they count element type instead of ATK for damage purposes? Because that would explain a lot

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

Damnit I want to start running a Childe/Beidou/Diona/XQ team but I cannot pull a 4* bow to save my life. Fish has my only 4* (favonious) and she needs it for my Diluc/XL/Fish/Jean team.

Seriously game, the hell do I need four Rainslashers for??

Also, how bad was the nerfed 1.1 story boss fight before the nerf? Cause I did it yesterday and it took me around 45 seconds to complete.

You should be able to buy and craft a bow prototype from the Liyue sigil shop, at least.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I can't say I'm a fan of this leg of the event. Losing ALL your stored energy when you get hit by a stray arrow when trying to channel for 5 seconds is awful. At WL6 in co-op enemies have so much hp that it's just a chore and feels bad. Still clearing in like 4-5mins but I'm not really enjoying myself. Going to just do this part slowly.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Ytlaya posted:

edit: Also, people asked how it's possible to hit the weekly BP cap, and I actually hit it this week. I believe it can occur if you complete some of the BP-length objectives in addition to everything else.

The monthly (or 40 day-ly, whatever) objectives don't count for your weekly limit. But if you do all your dailies and all of your weeklies, you will get 10,860 BP, which is 860 over the limit.

quote:

I ended up having no reason to complete the Domain weekly objective.

Good news, that's going to be the deal every week (or you can pick a different objective you don't like, and/or slack off with a couple of dailies). You get 860 BP worth of slack for maxing out the weekly limit.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I can't say I'm a fan of this leg of the event. Losing ALL your stored energy when you get hit by a stray arrow when trying to channel for 5 seconds is awful.

That only happens with Inauspicious Star, it's one of the three possible event debuffs. Yeah it's the worst one, you just have to be careful when you get that one.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

zgrowler2 posted:

Do the regisvine weak points do the same thing abyss mage shields do where they count element type instead of ATK for damage purposes? Because that would explain a lot

yep. you can auto attack the weak point with a level 1 weapon and still stagger it in a few seconds.

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
Qingce Village? More like pinche village. STOP MAKIN ME CLIMB THIS poo poo

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Jerry Seinfeld posted:

yep. you can auto attack the weak point with a level 1 weapon and still stagger it in a few seconds.

shiiiiit, that explains why pyro takes me so much longer, I run pyro carries. thanks for the heads up!

just did my second Fading Star and Venti / Venti / Childe / Diluc is a dumb, dumb, dumb comp. mechanically, three archers and one fuckoff huge fire greatsword; functionally, two drunken bards one consummate pot-stirrer and the owner of the local tavern and winery

we made it, but I (1700atk Childe with +60% dmg) died three times and I hope to rex lapis I don't get a triple-archer comp next time. took six and a half minutes for Diluc to make his way between swirls while I waited on melee cooldown so I could burst the next shielded mob

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

taking Venti into a random co-op event is just rude ngl, please think of your melee carries

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

dogsicle posted:

taking Venti into a random co-op event is just rude ngl, please think of your melee carries

This is exactly why I do it.

That and I cannot be bothered chasing down small enemies. You can deal with the big ones.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

AR45 weekly bosses are such a scam. One 5* artifact, one talent material. So bad.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

You can get 2 sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
Is there another way to increase adventurererer rank than just a) using resin b) dailies c) exploring? Like, outside of world exploration, there's only so much rank you can gain per day? I'm at 29 and it just feels slow.
Quests are kinda baked in to the system already, since they only unlock at specific AR levels anyway.

Also I'm running tartag/beidou/diona/???? but I'm having trouble finding a 4th that I like, and I dont wanna invest too heavily in a million different chars to try them out.
Options for the slot are fishl, kequing, razor, xingqiu, ningguang, barbara, + the free ones. Any ~~~meta~~~ recommendations?