Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pierce
Apr 7, 2007

Fool!
I've got Scoot in boxes if anyone wants to stop by. Let me know and I'll post my Dodo code. I have to connect through my phone since I live in bumfuck Florida and my connection is unstable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Poque posted:

Been seeing a lot of villagers walk in place against walls or objects lately. Don't remember it from before, I wonder if it's a big with a new patch.

Mine have always done this. One quick smack on the head with a bug net usually fixes it.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
We still have Marcel on our island even though we didn’t invite him and we don’t like him. We’ve been ignoring him entirely and occasionally hitting him with a net.

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

It's a June 19th heavy meteor shower in Buttopia!
Celeste is here, but not trapped, last seen on the NW cliffs by the big moon. Here's a link to the exact shooting star times: https://wuffs.org/acnh/weather/?v2&Buttopia&986029649&N&-224238
There are hundreds of clothing items on the ground ripe for the taking or cataloging. (Most are on the main floor on the beaches or next to them, but some are on the NW cliff and will require a ladder to get to.) There are limited amount of the new summer seasonal sunflower rugs on the beach west of the airport.
Come wish to your heart's content, catch June night bugs and fish, pick flowers, fruit, or pumpkins if you want, and catalog (or take) hundreds of clothing items.
I'm mostly afk watching the baby. Dodo Code in the PGS thread.

Squats fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Nov 23, 2020

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Mau-Mau is open to celebrate Claudia's birthday! Bring her a gift (her favorite colors are purple and white) or just hand her some of the pre-wrapped fruit outside of her house! There are party favors up the ramp next to her home. (Star pieces, extra Scorpio pieces and Nook Miles tickets)

Dodo Code: CLOSED

There's also a bounty of seasonal DIY recipes (Maple-leaf pochette x2, mush wall, forest wall, mush table, tree's bounty mobile, forest flooring, mushroom wreath) and seasonal items made from the DIY recipes in front of Nooks.

Next to that is a collection of DIY recipes to take and learn and a few other items.

Buy what you want at Nooks (big ticket item is a LCD TV (50 in.) at 99,000). Able Sisters don't have much despite Mabel telling me she's made plenty of warm clothing items for the winter.

Fruit, flowers and pumpkins are yours for the taking!

I will be AFK once I'm sure the connection won't crap out, so thanks in advance for visiting!

SilentChaz fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Nov 23, 2020

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I still haven't played in a long time but was going to hop on and finally time travel back to October to get some of the emotes and meet Jack at Halloween. But now I'm hearing that the latest update has it so when people are time travelling to thanksgiving there is no turkey dude and people are claiming that you can't travel to holiday events. Did this break it so I can't go back to experience Halloween?

Mykroft
Aug 25, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I still haven't played in a long time but was going to hop on and finally time travel back to October to get some of the emotes and meet Jack at Halloween. But now I'm hearing that the latest update has it so when people are time travelling to thanksgiving there is no turkey dude and people are claiming that you can't travel to holiday events. Did this break it so I can't go back to experience Halloween?

You can go back in time and replay any previous events, Turkey Day and Toy Day are blocked until a update drops to enable them and will presumably stay for people who want to turn their clocks back.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Ah, *whew* good news. Thanks!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Another beautiful day on Sharkfarts! We haven't opened for a while because we've been undergoing some renovations, but there's enough going on right now that it's worth it.

First and foremost, my special girl Mira is in boxes. She's one of my all-time faves, but she's been on my island almost since the beginning- time to mix it up! Please come and give Mira a home, she owns.

Second, Timmy and Tommy are refusing to speak to me until some of the DIYs in front of Nook's have been adopted, so please take a look. SO MANY DIYS. A few Saharah wallpapers in there, too.

Third, Jolly Redd is here with a fake scary painting, fake beautiful statue, and a fake whatever you call the Rosetta Stone, also a purple cute lamp and something else. Help yourself! You need a ladder to get to Redd!

Finally, we're holding a soft opening for the Library of the Peloponnese. Not much to do right now except study, read, and play go, but there are plenty of little details and you might enjoy looking at it. I'm biased!

Nook's has a pink computer, a red fortune-telling set, and other stuff. Buy anything. Able's has ancient sashed robes, among less interesting items. Go ahead and pop a custom design in Able's if you want! Haven't seen anything crafting yet today. Baabara is at the campsite and will be a resident soon!

Please do
- Pick flowers from anywhere except the Sharkfarts Necropolis and 24/7 Pride Party Island.
- Take all the fruit and pumpkins you like
- Enjoy the newish sights and sounds of Sharkfarts. Okay, maybe not sounds, whatever.

Please don't
- take the dropped items on the wooden floor (above the First Church of Kaiju) or in front of the player home on the middle tier
- pick flowers in the graveyard or Pride Party Island

If you want to give back, I'm literally gagging for some fall DIYs, particularly anything with maple leaves. I don't have anything except the leaf pile and umbrella. I could also use blue and purple flowers of all kinds (plant 'em anywhere you want if you bring some). NOT REQUIRED. I love message board art more than anything!

I will be mostly AFK.

NEW AND IMPROVED Dodo Code-O: el close o

Fleta Mcgurn fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Nov 23, 2020

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
So when is fall event supposed to end? Before or after Thanksgiving?

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Desperate Character posted:

So when is fall event supposed to end? Before or after Thanksgiving?

Shrooms' going away on the 25th.

glassyalabolas fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Nov 23, 2020

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

I have a ridiculous surplus of mushrooms and maple leaves if anyone is hurtin for either.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

I have a ridiculous surplus of mushrooms and maple leaves if anyone is hurtin for either.

how many rare ones do you have?

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

glassyalabolas posted:

how many rare ones do you have?

I have 8 of them, but I may hang onto one or two in case they’re needed for Turkey Day (I’m not too sure what ingredients are needed on the day but villagers keep telling me to collect ingredients). Do you want the rest of them?

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

I have 8 of them, but I may hang onto one or two in case they’re needed for Turkey Day (I’m not too sure what ingredients are needed on the day but villagers keep telling me to collect ingredients). Do you want the rest of them?

I would like 2 of them please.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Out of curiosity, what would be the penalty if I time-traveled back to, say, August?

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

glassyalabolas posted:

I would like 2 of them please.

I’ve got my gates open at the moment since Redd just arrived!

Opening up Fiorina since Redd is here with some fakes and 1 real!

He has a fake wistful painting, fake famous painting, mysterious painting (always real), fake ancient statue (I have an extra of this in my inventory if anyone missed out on it!), Diner counter chair (black), Ventilation fan (blue)

Nooks has a server, bunk bed (black), ironing board, unlimited throwback gothic mirrors (white) and cute music players (red). Also Prince is crafting an orange wall-mounted clock.

Couple free DIYs left over to the right of the airport.

Dodo code in PGS thread.

Poo In An Alleyway fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Nov 23, 2020

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Out of curiosity, what would be the penalty if I time-traveled back to, say, August?

Weeds, cockroaches.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Weeds, cockroaches.

Oh, bonus, imma time-skip all over this bitch.

(Island's still open btw!)

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

I'm still six DIYs short of having the mushroom collection. I don't think I'm gonna manage it... :smith:

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

Falstaff posted:

I'm still six DIYs short of having the mushroom collection. I don't think I'm gonna manage it... :smith:

jail bars on the beach to help is the easiest way.

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.

Falstaff posted:

For mushroom I'm only missing the parasol, the partition and the umbrella. I'm really hoping I can manage to snag the first two (or especially the first one) before this event ends.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Fhate posted:

For mushroom I'm only missing the parasol, the partition and the umbrella. I'm really hoping I can manage to snag the first two (or especially the first one) before this event ends.

I really want either the parasol or the umbrella!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'm missing two maples and two mushrooms, so I'll be camping the spawn tonight and tomorrow I suppose. Still have a ton of pine cones and acorns to shake as well so I guess that's fun in the meantime.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I haven't gotten a single maple leaf DIY besides the leaf pile. I'm not salty or anything, I don't really care about those recipes, but I play quite a bit and I feel like I should have gotten at least one

I've been hitting up my villagers for recipes up to 3 times a day and going to other people's islands, talking to their villagers doing DIY, and I feel like that would be a much better way to distribute the recipes. I don't need a 5th pear dress recipe

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

The Door Frame posted:

I haven't gotten a single maple leaf DIY besides the leaf pile. I'm not salty or anything, I don't really care about those recipes, but I play quite a bit and I feel like I should have gotten at least one

I've been hitting up my villagers for recipes up to 3 times a day and going to other people's islands, talking to their villagers doing DIY, and I feel like that would be a much better way to distribute the recipes. I don't need a 5th pear dress recipe

Ah... I have bad news. You don't get the seasonal DIYs from villagers (except the Halloween ones). You get them from popping balloons.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Hey, guys, thank you for all the flowers and the bangin' maple pochette!!!

I love maple leaves, I really hope I get more balloons god dam nit.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

The only mushroom DIY I was really hoping for was the lamp, but alas.

Really hoping they don't lock all the holiday stuff behind balloon RNG

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

It took me about four 3-hour evening sessions (with balloon jail assistance) to finish collecting the maple leaf and mushroom DIYs. I'm just glad to be done collecting those recipes.

I'm assuming there will be more balloons to shoot down for the winter/holiday season so the jail bars are probably a permanent fixture on my island now.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Yeah, took me 10 hours with jail bars, then I kept doing it to send duplicates to my SIL because I'm such a good sister!

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Silver Falcon posted:

Ah... I have bad news. You don't get the seasonal DIYs from villagers (except the Halloween ones). You get them from popping balloons.

Oh, I'm well aware, I was just lamenting that they had a perfect delivery service already and leave it up to double RNG on whether or not you will get any

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Someone left a blue present on my island! I’m guessing it’s one of those gifts that’s meant for a villager rather than another player since it only gives me the option to drop it rather than open it. Anyone remember dropping a gift accidentally on Fiorina? I’d like to reunite it with the right goon!

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

A cool fact about the maple pochette is it looks just like momiji manjuu snack cakes from Hiroshima, which you should definitely try if you happen to find them sometime.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Raymond is at our campsite and we’re trying to get him to move in.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Raymond is at our campsite and we’re trying to get him to move in.

why lol

(if he suggests to kick out someone you wanna keep, immediately close the game, it won't save. if you exit the dialogue he'll only ever suggest that person and you'll never be rid of Marcel)

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Why not?

And we have an open plot. He declined, is it possible to get home to reconsider?

EDIT: He’s moving in.

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

Nothing in the world can stop me now!
Now I'm reminded of when we were trying to get Fang to move in from the campsite and replace Yuka. Several conversations where he says he can't leave. Then he says sure, and we play the stupid card game. Lose the game, and repeat over and over. Finally we win the card game, and he suggests replacing one of the villagers we don't want to get rid of. Reset and try again...

We kept track of each villager Fang offered to replace - he went through every other villager at least 2 times before he finally offered to replace Yuka. All day spent to get him. Cha-chomp.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Hello, I played first time last night in 5-6 months. I'm still on that old update, not sure exactly which it was, but new enough it's got red leaves in fall. Just wondering if there are any cool tricks or things theyve patched out since I've played I should take advantage of before updating. Stuff like dupes or more importantly, any tricks to get to the toppest tier of land to place crap.

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.
Getting two balloons within a half hour, the same half hour in which three 5 minute intervals produced no balloon (two of them were consecutive), with 1000 bells in them makes me want to throw something. Something soft....but still...something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

Fhate posted:

Getting two balloons within a half hour, the same half hour in which three 5 minute intervals produced no balloon (two of them were consecutive), with 1000 bells in them makes me want to throw something. Something soft....but still...something.

jail bars will make this a little more bearable.