Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Whose side of the New War of Love & Brains are you on?
IshiBame
IshIino
View Results

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011
I really want to like Iino but she's just been so totally lovely to Ishigami that I have a hard time rooting for her. Ishigami was awesome from the start and tried to get even better for Tsubame. Iino just kind of, tried to be less lovely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

ishigami was a real poo poo head early on, esp in his response to the fever incident. the sports festival is maybe the first thing that made him seem like a human instead of a resentment totem.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Yeah, Ishigami was a real poo poo head. It feels like he's been in a better place for a long time because it's been like 100+ chapters aka two years since his (first) big character growth arc, the sports festival, though I think he got better a bit before then, just when Miko's introduced actually.

I like Miko a lot, but I think the big difference between her and Ishigami's is that Ishigami's willing to concede the point (sometimes in a resentful fashion) whereas Miko is stubborn by nature who's also competitive and doesn't like to admit defeat. He's also pretty close to Shirogane and Kaguya who are pretty straight laced and like to help people improve; Miko's closest associate in the Student Council is the chaos incarnate Chika Fujiwara Subject F.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

It's just really hard to imagine Miko and Ishigiami getting together and dating. She needs to make a big impact on him soon.

Syritta
Jun 28, 2012

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

The same girl who listens to motivational ASMR is telling Pres his Posters are creepy?

She's right but still.

I am all about this mutual "wtf is wrong with you" dynamic

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
I was friends with a lot of academically-minded students in high school, so it’s a lesson I remember: Normal people do not become valedictorian.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

nrook posted:

I was friends with a lot of academically-minded students in high school, so it’s a lesson I remember: Normal people do not become valedictorian.
lmfao this was my college experience in a nutshell of sorts. Since I toured with a band for 2/3rds of my college years, I constantly had to take makeup tests due to failing subjects even if I sent my homework/assignments due to a lot of class-ditching. As it turns out? The combo of submitting close to all of the assignments and homeworks + often 100%-ing those makeup tests? I had the highest GPA across all 4.5 years, even taking into account some of the "point-docking" I got due to all the makeup exams.

School can be loving weird.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Wark Say posted:

lmfao this was my college experience in a nutshell of sorts. Since I toured with a band for 2/3rds of my college years, I constantly had to take makeup tests due to failing subjects even if I sent my homework/assignments due to a lot of class-ditching. As it turns out? The combo of submitting close to all of the assignments and homeworks + often 100%-ing those makeup tests? I had the highest GPA across all 4.5 years, even taking into account some of the "point-docking" I got due to all the makeup exams.

School can be loving weird.
Where did you go to college? Was it in Mexico?

super-redguy
Jan 24, 2019
I kinda did the same thing as Shirogane did when I was in high school, but I physically wrote on my wall with a gigantic pencil.

I never got around to erasing it all so the stains are still there.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

New chapter is out!

It's a Kei chapter :worship:

Also break next week :negative:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
She did the stretch meme, heck yeah

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:discourse:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

She's right to be horrified, wheres gura!

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Upon second examination gura is to the top left of the dog.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
At least the shock of the posters is greatly buffered by the rest of the shockers. After they explain everything like adults it'll all work out now.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

bold of you to assume these two can communicate like normal people

Kei remains the best

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I read chapter 208 thinking it was done by the usual group, but it wasn't. Should have figured it out sooner when I saw those colored pages.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Mraagvpeine posted:

I read chapter 208 thinking it was done by the usual group, but it wasn't. Should have figured it out sooner when I saw those colored pages.

The usual group has updated

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Gee I wonder what went down at the Shinomiya HQ...

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

This was an excellent chapter. Lot's of the stuff Papagane told Kaguya has been subtext for a while, but I think it was good to have it spelled all out explicitly.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Kei is an entire mood this whole chapter.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I wonder if the main house has found out about Kaguya’s plan to dip to Stanford

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Carlosologist posted:

I wonder if the main house has found out about Kaguya’s plan to dip to Stanford
Considering Kaguya's diligence in keeping that and her relationship a secret I somewhat doubt that. I bet this is an escape plan she put into motion when she slept over. She is smiling in that last panel afterall.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

:siren: Heavy Chapter incoming. Brace yourselves. :siren:

Translation Summary:

- kaguya has revoked her application to stanford
- flashback to kyoto trip
- oko, the eldest brother and de facto head, knows she's dating
- oko intends to marry her off at some point cause 'muh duty, muh influence'
- stanford ruins her marriage chances, presumably because it's no good for a wife to be better than the husband (hardcore showa patriarch)
- oko won't do anything to hayasaka so long as she doesn't go to stanford
- unlike gan'an, he won't do anything about her dating someone or even losing her virginity before marriage (but it's a ticking timebomb since he expects that her and prez won't last)
- papa's company was ruined by the shinomiya family
- kaguya tells all this to prez, prez basically says "well what if i just give up on stanford tho"
- kaguya gets angry and tearful saying that he has to do it to fulfill his dream of regaining her dad's company.
- ends with kaguya basically saying she has to fight and he has to fight too, it will just have to be on different paths with him going to Stanford and her staying in Japan.
- kaguya plans to work on gaining power/influence in the family so that she can be with him and his family "for the rest of her life"

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Nov 23, 2020

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It's time.

Let us go full Shonen series. Tournament arc, somehow, that should fix things.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

A Kaguya tournament arc would just be 20 chapters of the balloon game

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
That chapter was eh. I could do without a tournament arc of that. Also, as much as I love the series dumping on Fujiwara, she deserves a rest.

(What, you don't think she's absolutely going to train the Prez on some other semi-silly skill? Think again)

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
Oof.

That was certainly heavy.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
I really liked this development. It's been brewing and hinted at for a long while now, even when Kaguya was arguing with her inner courtroom.

I could see someone going along with the president (Hayasaka? Fujiwara?) to help both sides stay in touch while the rest rally around Kaguya back home. Iino's family would likely be an asset, too.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Shinjobi posted:

It's time.

Let us go full Shonen series. Tournament arc, somehow, that should fix things.
We don't even need a tourney arc. Love is War now has a new meaning (a war against those who resent love)

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Not only is Oko a scumbag, he also looks the part. Low-rent Kane-lookin' rear end.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
He's interesting, as an antagonist. Her previous brother was the high-class, snobbish oily rear end in a top hat.

Oko seems to go for a fake laid-back, informal type that is actually lethally smart and exploitative to the extreme.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Oko looks like a fuckin dweeb I beat 5000 times in a single Yakuza game.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Sephyr posted:

He's interesting, as an antagonist. Her previous brother was the high-class, snobbish oily rear end in a top hat.

Oko seems to go for a fake laid-back, informal type that is actually lethally smart and exploitative to the extreme.
Oko seems like a mix between Ushiromiya Kinzo and P5's Okumura. He's basically asking to get assassinated.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Shinjobi posted:

Oko looks like a fuckin dweeb I beat 5000 times in a single Yakuza game.

Dude looks like he makes videos about the "Nature of the Female" while pretending to drink whiskey, and a skull in the background.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Wark Say posted:

That chapter was eh. I could do without a tournament arc of that. Also, as much as I love the series dumping on Fujiwara, she deserves a rest.

(What, you don't think she's absolutely going to train the Prez on some other semi-silly skill? Think again)

Ballroom dancing has already been prophesized.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
If my theory is accurate and Gan'an has children from 4 generations, the explanation is easy as heck: Oko is a boomer.

LostRook posted:

Ballroom dancing has already been prophesied.
Oh dear god, that would make sense. Fujiwara is going to go catatonic trying to make the Prez a high-class, artsy-fartsy kid. :tinfoil:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Nendo is here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I hope we get a detour to a Fujiwara arc. She's the only one who hasn't gotten a few chapters for her yet. We got her brief arc with Hayasaka but Chika deserves to not be treated like an rear end the whole time