Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Cyrano4747 posted:

Wait what?

Please tell me that we have different understandings of the term “snowballing”

Meet Branflakes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

AfroSquirrel posted:

Wasn't Branflakes also the one that got snowballed on stream?

I was there. Yes.

Assuming by "snowballed" you meant "ambushed live by people with party poppers and fireworks everywhere he went".

In fact that specific incident is why you can't move and use a party popper at the same time anymore.

Instead of embracing the community and their party toys he found a new line of work.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

players like this are the heart and soul of STO.

balls of steel on this one.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe
Year of the Klinon!

You should probably at least grab the admiralty card on all your boffs before Cryptic fixes it.

Also, you can reportedly buy the Titan with a T6 coupon, even one of the free ones that aren't supposed to work on new ships.

greasythepirate
Aug 13, 2016

g0del posted:

Year of the Klinon!

You should probably at least grab the admiralty card on all your boffs before Cryptic fixes it.

Also, you can reportedly buy the Titan with a T6 coupon, even one of the free ones that aren't supposed to work on new ships.

Finally some KDF content!

greasythepirate fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Nov 20, 2020

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
I was going to wait until Black Friday to pick up the Titan on sale, but this is too funny. Should I just spend the :10bux::10bux::10bux: now?

Edit: Thanks for the info, I logged in and bought it. Now my KDF char is cruising around in a Luna lol.

VVV

OGS-Remix fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Nov 20, 2020

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

OGS-Remix posted:

I was going to wait until Black Friday to pick up the Titan on sale, but this is too funny. Should I just spend the :10bux::10bux::10bux: now?
The sale starts today, so pick it up now before cryptic fixes it.

Edit: https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/jxudj9/at_long_last_yok_is_finally_paying_off_for_the_kdf/ Guess someone figured my screenshot would help them get reddit cred.

Double edit: Cryptic noticed, and is handling it in about the best way possible.
https://twitter.com/trekonlinegame/status/1329864989838983169

g0del fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Nov 20, 2020

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I still have my klingon Ambassador class from the last screwup

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

I'm looking at that 3 ship coupon bundle, that a good deal and what do I get besides the Morrigu for my Khopesh FedReman?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

I'm looking at that 3 ship coupon bundle, that a good deal and what do I get besides the Morrigu for my Khopesh FedReman?

Ikkabar is a good choice, Improved Gravity Well is a solid trait.

Also consider the Narendra for History Will Remember.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

I'm quickly approaching the credit cap.

Anyone have recommendations on T6 ships that sell fairly quickly? I haven't done much flipping with the 250m+ ships. Basically I just needs something to park a billion or so EC with but I also don't want to be stuck unable to liquidate if/when I need to do that.

Keys seem a bit inflated right now or I'd just pile into those.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Jeez. I was expecting the Morrigu to be something to fly until I got the trait, but I am having a blast having actual manuverability and not powersliding.

Any cheap experimental weapons that don't suck?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

Jeez. I was expecting the Morrigu to be something to fly until I got the trait, but I am having a blast having actual manuverability and not powersliding.

Any cheap experimental weapons that don't suck?

Do you have the voice of the prophets?

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Sadly, no.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Next best "free" option is probably the flak shot one from competitive rep. Not many options for them without spending zen/lobi/whatever.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Cyrano4747 posted:

Anyone have recommendations on T6 ships that sell fairly quickly? I haven't done much flipping with the 250m+ ships. Basically I just needs something to park a billion or so EC with but I also don't want to be stuck unable to liquidate if/when I need to do that.

It's not just keys, prices for everything are inflated right now. It's especially insane for the lobi ships, because right after everyone got their 1k event lobi the prices were rising and kept going up, when normally the increased supply should have brought them down a little.

I'm not a big exchange PVPer, so if any of them post I'd take their advice. Otherwise, look for ships with good meta traits (iktomi for sci, ateleth for BO builds, things like that). There's always a good chance to liquidate those because people buy them to use, not just for resale. You could also look at the mirror connie or other popular lockbox/promo ships.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Cryptic has done nothing to stop credit inflation and never will. If anything it encourages people to spend cash on keys or whatever to exchange for space dollars, so that's working as intended.

Stonewalljack
Oct 29, 2008

Cyrano4747 posted:

Maybe the Tzen-tar? It's a top end promo ship for many builds, but it has been put on the lobi store for limited runs; most recently when most people were getting their 1000 lobi from events, and is going for 400 million vs the closer to 1 billion promo ships can. I guess the risks are many other people seem to have stocked up on them, and it doesn't have a meta trait. I'm not a market player, so please don't weight my suggestion too heavily.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
You can also roll more characters and stash EC on those. Won't help with inflation though.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Lagomorphic posted:

You can also roll more characters and stash EC on those. Won't help with inflation though.

:negative:

I have no idea why I didn't think of that.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

and ofc keys and contra are fairly liquid, but the price reliability ain't great

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
In NOPPS today everyone was talking about the epic games store and I guess you canVNP to turkey and set your region to turkey and buy zen for 1/10th the cost.

7-14 days it locks it to your acct and then the dilex is going to crash

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Huh, how's that even work? I'm pretty sure they block logins from foreign IPs if you made the account in the US. Hypothetically speaking of course. :thunk:

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Asimo posted:

Huh, how's that even work? I'm pretty sure they block logins from foreign IPs if you made the account in the US. Hypothetically speaking of course. :thunk:
According to the guy who did it, he VPNed to a Turkish IP, created a new epic account with a throwaway yahoo email address, linked that epic account to his main ARC account, then bought 10 of the biggest zen packs on epic. He now has 230k zen, and spent a little over US $200 to do it. He said he couldn't use paypal to pay on epic (evidently it caught the shenanigans), but using his credit card worked.

Possible caveats: I'm not sure if US credit cards will work, the player who did it isn't from the US. He had to create a new epic account, just trying to change his existing epic account to Tiurkey didn't work. Also, you can't unlink an epic account from your ARC account yourself, you have to go through support to do that. So if you already linked, you'll have to hope that support will unlink it soon enough to take advantage of the sales.

And, of course, none of this is exactly hidden. Cryptic knows how much zen is in your account, and they know how much money Epic paid them. They could figure it out, and in the past companied have tended to get all ban happy over things like this.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, while that's a pretty absurd savings and probably closer to how much this crap is supposed to be worth, that's a colossal hassle if you already have accounts linked and whatnot and I don't want to give Cryptic actual money don't want to risk my actual account anyway.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Yeah I'm not doing any of that but what I'm hearing is that I should liquidate my zen to dil before the next two weeks are out?

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

MikeJF posted:

Yeah I'm not doing any of that but what I'm hearing is that I should liquidate my zen to dil before the next two weeks are out?

God I'd love a good zen crash. I've been sitting dill heavy since I sold off at 440 a few months ago. This recent climb caught me by surprise.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Cyrano4747 posted:

This recent climb caught me by surprise.

but why? the dilex always went up before and during black friday sales, then theres usually an upgrade weekend in early december to cool it off a bit before it goes up again for holiday/new years sales
the cycle continues as always

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
I bought the Nova and Catbus Mk. 2 last night. Stumbled across some new to me Cryptic nonsense. Apparently at the Starbase hangar vendor there is now "Catbus Fighter" and "Catbus Fighter SQUADRON" pets listed. I asked in NoPPS and apparently its mostly a visual change but some ppl thought the squadron variant was more powerful because there are more "ships" to buff. GJ Cryptic ? Heck if I know :shrug:

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
In the recent news post about adding the Experimental Upgrade to Phoenix Pack; is that just for the daily one or will all packs have the chance to have it?

If all packs can have it, that's definitely a big reason to pull dil out of the exchange.

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
Phoenix prize packs don't work like that. When you open a PPP, you get token. You can trade the token at the Phoenix Shop.

The ship upgrades will be in the Phoenix shop until the 1st.

I do expect we'll see a drop in the dil costs in the near future.

ETA: If you have any ultra-rare (4th tier) phoenix tokens from past events, you can use them to buy the ship upgrades tomorrow, too.

Wizard of the Deep fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Nov 23, 2020

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

MREBoy posted:

I bought the Nova and Catbus Mk. 2 last night. Stumbled across some new to me Cryptic nonsense. Apparently at the Starbase hangar vendor there is now "Catbus Fighter" and "Catbus Fighter SQUADRON" pets listed. I asked in NoPPS and apparently its mostly a visual change but some ppl thought the squadron variant was more powerful because there are more "ships" to buff. GJ Cryptic ? Heck if I know :shrug:

According to noppa there is some dumb interaction where the blue scorpion squadrons are top tier, above even the purple scorpions

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Tunicate posted:

According to noppa there is some dumb interaction where the blue scorpion squadrons are top tier, above even the purple scorpions
Yes, fighters are weird and buggy, and the cheap/free versions are often more effective than the expensive UR versions. For awhile the To'duj squadrons (but not fighters) were doing insane DPS if you also had all the necessary and expensive fighter traits, but I don't know if that's the case still. And it was only the to'duj sqadrons, not any of the other sqadron types.

Stonewalljack
Oct 29, 2008

g0del posted:

Yes, fighters are weird and buggy, and the cheap/free versions are often more effective than the expensive UR versions. For awhile the To'duj squadrons (but not fighters) were doing insane DPS if you also had all the necessary and expensive fighter traits, but I don't know if that's the case still. And it was only the to'duj sqadrons, not any of the other sqadron types.

From what I understand from the DPS league discord, the fighter squadrons with pulse cannons are specifically bugged in their interaction with superior area denial (SAD) trait. Two hangars of To'duj blue fighters have been parsed at 140k dps. If you are fed, blue scorpion fighter squadrons parse a little lower, like 120-130k I've heard. The SAD trait is cheap for klingons, so I bought it to play with on an alt; when you hit a firing mode the squadrons light up the screen spraying a ton of cannon fire. It works better with the blue squadrons, apparently because upgraded versions lose the bugged pulse cannons.

Stonewalljack
Oct 29, 2008
Quick demonstration of one hanger of blue To'duj fighters on my Klingon alt. I apologize for the low resolution, stuck with using my work laptop today.

No SAD, a few small green disrupter bolts barely visible:

After activating SAD:

Again before using SAD, disruptor cannon fire barely visible:

After SAD:

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Stonewalljack posted:

From what I understand from the DPS league discord, the fighter squadrons with pulse cannons are specifically bugged in their interaction with superior area denial (SAD) trait. Two hangars of To'duj blue fighters have been parsed at 140k dps. If you are fed, blue scorpion fighter squadrons parse a little lower, like 120-130k I've heard. The SAD trait is cheap for klingons, so I bought it to play with on an alt; when you hit a firing mode the squadrons light up the screen spraying a ton of cannon fire. It works better with the blue squadrons, apparently because upgraded versions lose the bugged pulse cannons.

There may be a maths bug as well but I think a big part of the damage increase is that pulse cannons have 360 degree firing arcs while beam arrays, cannons and DHCs all require some element of pointing the ship at the enemy. And STO’s fighter AI is extremely stupid.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo
Man, I miss when I could just AFK in a mission and my hanger pets would just hoover up contraband.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPO-i6TOqB0

i can't wait for this next expansion

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Goons, don't forget to grab your phoenix packs. First time in a long time it's been run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Cythereal posted:

Goons, don't forget to grab your phoenix packs. First time in a long time it's been run.

Since like a month ago?