Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

a patagonian cavy posted:

roni heard that the ravens were lacking a deadly airborne attack (because Lamar can’t throw) and decided to help out

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Kawalimus posted:

We need the losses more. If we make the postseason it will be used to justify keeping everything the way it is.

If you think they’re going to jettison the coaching staff that went 14-2 a year ago after a year where:

-training camp was nonexistent
-their best O-lineman retired
-their now-best O-lineman and their best blocking TE are on IR
-the entire defense died over the course of like two weeks

then I’m going to have to ask that you please stop pishing rn

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

That’s not to say that Roman doesn’t need to go, but after Flacco and his revolving door at OC I would be incredibly surprised if Harbaugh makes that decision. I don’t think Bisciotti is willing to pressure him to do it either, and they’re both probably much more likely to opt for ~*~consistency~*~ over all else.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

bad news y'all. Roman reigns

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

The Athletic had a very cool piece on Jonathan Ogden and his drafting:

https://theathletic.com/2200837/2020/11/20/ravens-jonathan-ogden-draft/

Highly recommend it

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/zac-taylor-bengals-culture-problem

Imagine being surprised by this.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Mystic Stylez posted:

The Athletic had a very cool piece on Jonathan Ogden and his drafting:

https://theathletic.com/2200837/2020/11/20/ravens-jonathan-ogden-draft/

Highly recommend it

does this have the story about hin making some college recruiter take him to a janet jackson concert cause that owned

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Also a good one about future hall of famer Hines Ward

https://theathletic.com/2175587/2020/11/06/steelers-hines-ward/

Also worth mentioning if you signed up for the Athletic's $1 monthly subscription deal back in September like I did, the deal is over at the end of this month and they're gonna start charging you $11.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Former Ray Lewis speed bump and brain dead hitler hines wart

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

We are one week closer to the Browns ruining the Steelers 16-0.

e: Ravens are frauds

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

For gently caress sake, just fire them all now.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

SilvergunSuperman posted:

For gently caress sake, just fire them all now.

you must be new, to the bengals. this is bengals football

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
the bengals culture problem: bad coaches, cheap uncaring owner, not scouting knee durability, chili paste as an export and fans who are glad they lose

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Next year is belongs to the Cincinnati Bengals!

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

So we're actually good?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

We are one week closer to the Browns ruining the Steelers 16-0.

No one cares about a perfect season, only a deep playoff run

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Sounds suspect IMO

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

D-LINK posted:

No one cares about a perfect season, only a deep playoff run

Which is why I think the obsession over only playoffs and SB is bad. A perfect season should absolutely count! I hope the Ravens have a 10-0 or better year one day. And I also think the loss to the Titans this past week was way worse than the playoff loss. It was one of the worst losses in franchise history and may lower our franchise value all time. I don't know that we've ever had a loss like that. A non-divisional non-blowout loss that was a playoff rematch from the previous year, which we also lost.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Nov 25, 2020

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
It would be in the Steelers best interest to not go into the playoffs w/ the best regular season record against an ohio team

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

i hope the steelers lose

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Kawalimus posted:

Which is why I think the obsession over only playoffs and SB is bad. A perfect season should absolutely count! I hope the Ravens have a 10-0 or better year one day. And I also think the loss to the Titans this past week was way worse than the playoff loss. It was one of the worst losses in franchise history and may lower our franchise value all time. I don't know that we've ever had a loss like that. A non-divisional non-blowout loss that was a playoff rematch from the previous year, which we also lost.

Lmao. Go tits

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

"Today I am announcing the sale of majority stake in the Baltimore Ravens. A non-divisional non-blowout loss that was a playoff rematch from the previous year which we also lost has permanently lowered the value of the franchise, and I am getting out while there is still something to be gained." - steve biscuity

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Kawalimus posted:

I would like to know what are your top 5 NFL teams and their all-time franchise value

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

Cavauro posted:

steve biscuity

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Cavauro posted:

"Today I am announcing the sale of majority stake in the Baltimore Ravens. A non-divisional non-blowout loss that was a playoff rematch from the previous year which we also lost has permanently lowered the value of the franchise, and I am getting out while there is still something to be gained." - steve biscuity

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Cavauro posted:

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Mystic Stylez posted:

I would like to know what are your top 5 NFL teams and their all-time franchise value

I can't answer that. I don't have the familiarity with those teams to really determine it.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Cavauro posted:

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Even leaving aside my Titans fandom I would like to know what mental gymnastics you’ve done to convince yourself that losing by multiple scores as the 1 overall playoff seed with the MVP at QB following a 15-1 regular season with multiple embarrassing turnovers and turnovers on downs after an incredible lack of turnovers during the regular season AND a dominant level of fourth down conversions in season is less embarrassing than a one score overtime defeat in week 12 of the regular season against a team with the same record as you. I love you K but you crazy for this one

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Today is the day kawalimus truly became president

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Smiling Mandrill posted:

It is 6:25 A.M. Sunday September 8th 2019. Today is the day I tell my grandchildren where I was, and what I was doing when the unstoppable 100 year long Browns Dynasty started. Sorry Titans.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

thrilla in vanilla posted:

Even leaving aside my Titans fandom I would like to know what mental gymnastics you’ve done to convince yourself that losing by multiple scores as the 1 overall playoff seed with the MVP at QB following a 15-1 regular season with multiple embarrassing turnovers and turnovers on downs after an incredible lack of turnovers during the regular season AND a dominant level of fourth down conversions in season is less embarrassing than a one score overtime defeat in week 12 of the regular season against a team with the same record as you. I love you K but you crazy for this one

Because that sort of thing happens. Bad games happen, even to excellent teams(we were 14-2 also not 15-1 for the small correction). It's the followup that makes it much much worse. I think the only thing worse than that type of loss on sunday would be a Superbowl loss.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
🤷🏻‍♂️

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Master Stur posted:

It would be in the Steelers best interest to not go into the playoffs w/ the best regular season record against an ohio team

The steelers are an ohio team

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

A blowout loss is different. We lost to the Colts in a blowout in 2007 after losing to them in the playoffs in 2006. But we were just a much worse team. If Henry had just come in and run all over us from the start of the game and we got blown out missing two top defensive linemen that's one thing. That sucks but what can you do. But we were in position to win the game. And blew it. That is so much worse. Also the followup game must be on the road.

We have done this to one other team--Denver. In the 2000 season we beat them in the playoffs 21-3. Then in the 2001 season we won in Denver, after they took an early lead. That is a devastating loss. The Broncos didn't even make the playoffs that year after initially being looked at as a major contender. They were 2-0. They finished 8-8. They didn't make the playoffs for two more years. Brian Griese's career as a starter flatlined.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
but Brian Griese went on to lead a last minute 96 yard game winning drive with a broken helmet receiver against the Eagles while he played for the Bears. so maybe that loss gave him the motivation he needed

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

indigi posted:

but Brian Griese went on to lead a last minute 96 yard game winning drive with a broken helmet receiver against the Eagles while he played for the Bears. so maybe that loss gave him the motivation he needed

That was with the Bears. And his overall stats look less than stellar. He was a pro bowler in 2000 and people had high hopes for him. Many thought that if he had played in the postseason in 2000 the Broncos would have beaten the Ravens.

It happened in a similar way too. They were up and had the ball in the 2nd half. Griese threw an interception to Duane Starks and we tied the game a few plays later. Then in the 4th quarter took the lead. Then held on to win.

I remember this game cause the Denver fans on the ESPN message boards were being real raucous. There was this guy called "mlhigh" who kept talking trash the whole offseason saying they would win that game and get revenge for those playoffs and how Griese would have beaten us. Then when Jamal Lewis went down it made him even more thirsty. Then we lost to the Bengals and they all could really taste it. And then when Chester McGlockton got that interception early on and the Broncos scored man he was jumping out of his seat. Then they lost and he made a topic on the Broncos section that was like "Darn...they just kicked our butts". That's when I realized what an absolutely devastating loss this type of loss is. And it's something the Ravens have never experienced until now. I hope we don't share their same fate.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Nov 25, 2020

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Brian Greasy

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
gameday breakfast is biscuity moetmeal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008