Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

SpicePro posted:

Unwell Britons must stop soldiering on, says Hancock. Brought to you by the same government who told us all to go back to the office this summer lol.

https://twitter.com/Telegraph/status/1299210625210634241?s=20

Sacrifice yourself. Save the Pret.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
The pumpkin spice must flow

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Soricidus posted:

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Soricidus posted:

That was last month. It's all about the gingerbread now

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Vigil for Virgil posted:

That was last month. It's all about the gingerbread now

This isn't strictly related to anything but can I just ask if you started posting ITT fairly recently or if you changed your name from something else?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

OwlFancier posted:

This isn't strictly related to anything but can I just ask if you started posting ITT fairly recently or if you changed your name from something else?

I put on my internet detective hat and forums forensic robe and say it's CyberPingu

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I also just went snooping to figure that out and that at least explains why they fit in very well :v:

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

OwlFancier posted:

I used to be called CyberPingu. I drop in and out of here every so often.

Dunno if it's good or not that people remember me.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I have positive associations with the name so it's up to you :v:

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Vigil for Virgil posted:

Dunno if it's good or not that people remember me.
The North remembers.

it was a NIP joke yeh I know how profoundly uncool GoT references are in TYOOL 2020 don't @me

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

OwlFancier posted:

I have positive associations with the name so it's up to you :v:

That's good

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

it's embarrassing that you'd even think to make that comparison
and insulting to anyone, journalist or otherwise, who's ever actually been abducted by the secret police.

Alan G
Dec 27, 2003

PawParole posted:

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/galloway4rutherglen/updates#start

George Galloway just raised 10k in a week to run for the Rutherglen and Hamilton West by-election. idk why he's wasting money on a remainder seat

Looks like he raised the funds to stand in a Rutherglen and Hamilton By-election. Has Ferrier resigned*?

I’m sure if no by-election happens he will be returning any donated funds.

* been assigned to a different role with a crown salary due to anachronistic feudal pish still in our “democracy”

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

PawParole posted:

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/galloway4rutherglen/updates#start

George Galloway just raised 10k in a week to run for the Rutherglen and Hamilton West by-election. idk why he's wasting money on a remainder seat

does anyone have a count of just how many failed attempts he's had between all these by-elections and mayoral runs? must be competing with Farage for most.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

Alan G posted:

Looks like he raised the funds to stand in a Rutherglen and Hamilton By-election. Has Ferrier resigned*?

I’m sure if no by-election happens he will be returning any donated funds.

* been assigned to a different role with a crown salary due to anachronistic feudal pish still in our “democracy”

not resigning. but we're still waiting on the parliamentary committee on standards to issue a report. if they give her a 2+ week suspension that'll trigger a recall petition, which would almost certainly get enough votes to force a by-election.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Cerv posted:

it's embarrassing that you'd even think to make that comparison
and insulting to anyone, journalist or otherwise, who's ever actually been abducted by the secret police.

Lol settle down

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/BBCWorld/status/1331199609176256519

The writers of 2020 are setting up for one hell of a twist in 2021.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Borrovan posted:

I'm a little confused as to what happened here, is it just a convention that the NEC will vote for the former Vice Chair, & is it within Starmer's gift to change that?

Obviously it's a factional attack, but 24 votes for Becket sounds like the NEC had a majority to whatever rule changes were necessary anyway

e: talking about the LabourList tweet, not the quote-tweet. I understand what happened with Beckett being a Blairite stooge

I don't know the detail but yes, fairly longstanding tradition was the vice chair would automatically take over from the outgoing chair when their tenure ended. Vice chair was a Corbyn supporter so they've scrapped the system to parachute Beckett in because it was unfair that she's never been chair or something equally daft.

https://labourlist.org/2020/11/labour-left-furious-at-plan-to-block-corbyn-ally-from-becoming-nec-chair/

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lol what

https://twitter.com/robshepherd/status/820232638468411392?s=19

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

Imagine thinking Mrs. Browns Boys was still relevant in 2020. This year is all about a dramatization of Dennis Nilsen and Danny Dyer hosting The Wall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixZuLyJq9Jg

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Specifically she apparently though it was relevant in 2017, which is when the conference happened and when that was tweeted.

I have not watched it so I don't know if that makes a difference.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Ooh look at me I'm working class, I watch Mrs Brown's Boys

*votes for austerity*

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I tried watching it and if was loving poo poo

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

goddamnedtwisto posted:

This reeks of that time they found the angel in The Simpsons and it was just advertising a shopping mall

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I'd love to have that. Free steel would be awesome, hopefully it's free machining stuff.

His Divine Shadow fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Nov 24, 2020

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Maybe they are using the "its always darkest before the dawn" and 2021 will be the heroic come back of the downtrodden masses.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Amazing that they somehow found an idea that seems even more tedious than Tipping Point

(does the wall slap down and crush them to death if they lose?)

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Ratjaculation posted:

Amazing that they somehow found an idea that seems even more tedious than Tipping Point

(does the wall slap down and crush them to death if they lose?)

tipping point is great, all the drama of the real gambling machines but with comically large chips

also some of the dumb answers to simple questions

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
As long as only an excuse is on bbc Scotland then the only way is up

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

penny falls went downhill when they stopped putting packets of ciggies in them.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Tesseraction posted:

tipping point is great, all the drama of the real gambling machines but with comically large chips

also some of the dumb answers to simple questions

They edit in the 'tink' sounds. Fake! Sad!

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Genuinely thought you guys were talking about Turning Point for a moment there which was a bit :wtc:

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
I saw a clip of Mrs Browns Boys once and it was violently awful, it looked like the most bottom-rung garbage humour ever. I try not to be snobby but good god, I can't respect anyone's sense of humour if they like that tripe

Actually that's not true, I make no efforts to not be snobby

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Ratjaculation posted:

They edit in the 'tink' sounds. Fake! Sad!

lol that's so pathetic it owns

the bit where they prime the chip to fall is the noise from the old Intel adverts and it gets me every time

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
There are 36 episodes of Mrs Browns Boys

Twice as many as Bottom

Mental

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Twice as many as Bottom

Mental

Never heard of that show so I parsed your comment as a spin-off, Mrs Browns Bottom

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Twice as many as Bottom

Mental

3x as many as the Young Ones.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
*dashes into thread, sweating and out of breath so as not to miss quiz show chat*

The Chase is great but causes me to go full tory whenever one contestant contributes all the prize money and then answers all the questions in the final chase, then has to share the winnings with the other three passengers

Also *peter kay voice* who here remembers I Love My Country, what were that about

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

My Family got 120 episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

the sex ghost posted:

*dashes into thread, sweating and out of breath so as not to miss quiz show chat*

The Chase is great but causes me to go full tory whenever one contestant contributes all the prize money and then answers all the questions in the final chase, then has to share the winnings with the other three passengers

Also *peter kay voice* who here remembers I Love My Country, what were that about

also the chase people play great villains even though they're nice enough people normally, Sinnerman in particular is a lovely chap