Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

more falafel please posted:

we have free drive-up/walk-up testing where you don't come within 6ft of anyone and everyone is in full PPE, outdoors, with the walk up areas tarped off and sanitized between everyone, and an oral swab test. when things were looking like they were calming down and protests were happening all the time I was getting tested every couple weeks.

Thank you for doing your part to help schools remain open. :patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Rutibex posted:

when i was in grade 1 we had a big fight in the school yard over line cutting. the issues on the table were can you:

1) save a spot with your backpack
2) save a spot for another person

both were deemed to be cutting by the schoolyard court of justice :colbert:

i think if you save a spot for another person you should be forced to relinquish your spot when the other person goes in, unless its something for a group event like standing in line for a ride at disney world while your wife leaves the queue to take your kids to the bathroom

saving a spot with a backpack is a travesty.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

T-man posted:

don't get tested unless you get symptoms, have a healthcare job, or need to be super on top of it for health reasons.

plus it's pretty uncomfortable to do just for lols

I like having my nose rammed like a black powder rifle though.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Not even Walt Disney World proper, fuckin' Disneyland. Fake cops for a fake theme park.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/dirak_/status/1331211397645144065?s=19

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

FacebookEmpathyMom posted:

That’s partially the dilemma I have with full service gas in my state. It’s weird to have to get an attendant to do it but it’s nice to not have to get out of the car on a cold rainy night. Really it works out to artificially create jobs for folks who wouldn’t really fit in well elsewhere but they’re also breathing those fumes all day for $13/hour. The guy who works the gas station I tend to pick up cigarettes from got fired recently for drinking on the job, but he got a good two or three years in brown bagging it before anyone caught him. Not many other jobs where that kind of addiction wouldn’t get you let go real quick. Anyway it’s loving ridiculous that we have to do this bullshit make work crap so people can scrape by, but also given the state of the world getting rid of it would be problematic.

I moved to a small town and all the gas stations are full service and I hate it. They make you go inside to pay instead of paying at the pump and it just makes the transactions longer and makes everyone have a higher risk of getting COVID

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
finally, goons.... we're saved

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1328418812086153217

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

can it jack me off?

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Rutibex posted:

can it jack me off?

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

No thanks I'll hold hands with my real life girlfriend who lives in Canada when I go there to visit her

We'll probably make out with tongue too

voiceless anal fricative has issued a correction as of 22:10 on Nov 24, 2020

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Rutibex posted:

can it jack me off?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

https://vimeo.com/74984466

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

A lotta folks just want to live a quiet life.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

im waiting for the girl x girl handh*lding model

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Rutibex posted:

can it jack me off?

Ain't no rule saying you can't gently caress your robot hand buddy

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

buddy

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
Huh. I wonder what their reaction to that could have possibly been?

I'm sure they said "well, improving the world is definitely way more important than this stupid loving metric."

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer
It seems so obvious as to be a truism. Whats the old line "A lie has gone halfway around the world before the truth can get its pants on".Controversial and toxic posts are naturally more engaging, to both sides of an argument.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

T-man posted:

don't get tested unless you get symptoms, have a healthcare job, or need to be super on top of it for health reasons.

plus it's pretty uncomfortable to do just for lols
Around here they're doing the short Q Tip ones now.

galenanorth posted:

https://old.reddit.com/r/youtube/comments/jwl3cw/updated_yt_terms_of_service_ads_soon_to_be_placed/

Just got this email, typical of the "free and ad-free at first, then monetize once a userbase is drawn by that" venture capital model for social media
What I really love is the forced switch from Google Play Music to Youtube music so now I can't lock my phone while driving and have to hear ads to listen to my own music

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

this also applies to, say, aggroposting on somethingawfuldotcom

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

T-man posted:

this also applies to, say, aggroposting on somethingawfuldotcom

Hopefully no one here is under the impression we're doing anything other than rolling in the filth.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

GWBBQ posted:

Around here they're doing the short Q Tip ones now.

What I really love is the forced switch from Google Play Music to Youtube music so now I can't lock my phone while driving and have to hear ads to listen to my own music

that switch sucks. youtube music seems worse across the board without doing anything better than play did.

i can restart youtube music from the lock screen when it pauses, but we have a family account so we don’t get ads on any youtube stuff

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.

GWBBQ posted:

Huh, I hated the change too, but I haven't experienced this yet. It's just been tedious to get to my uploaded music. I can lock my phone and I don't have ads tho

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Tunicate posted:

A lotta folks just want to live a quiet life.

I get this reference :hmmyes:

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Skippy McPants posted:

Not even Walt Disney World proper, fuckin' Disneyland. Fake cops for a fake theme park.

while looking things up for a snarky reply, it turns out that Celebration, FL is technically unincorporated, so the Mouse doesn't technically have any actual license-to-kill LEOs under its jurisdiction

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

eSports Chaebol posted:

while looking things up for a snarky reply, it turns out that Celebration, FL is technically unincorporated, so the Mouse doesn't technically have any actual license-to-kill LEOs under its jurisdiction
They also won't pronounce someone dead there, they're taken to a local hospital so they can say nobody has ever died there.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

GWBBQ posted:

They also won't pronounce someone dead there, they're taken to a local hospital so they can say nobody has ever died there.

has anyone ever lived forever there?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Yeah I'm not going to pay for no ads youtube to listen to my own music. Going local hosted now because of their lovely swap.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

lol imagine sending these posts back to 2002

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

It wouldn’t have been any weirder than the poo poo Titor wrote

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

I remember reading in Popular Mechanics that nanobot swarms would make the Star Trek Holodeck possible by now. Aside from the comically wrong prediction, they also got creepy about it and decided their go-to example was reliving old nights with with your high school sweetheart. Instead, we got deepfakes.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

GWBBQ posted:

I remember reading in Popular Mechanics that nanobot swarms would make the Star Trek Holodeck possible by now. Aside from the comically wrong prediction, they also got creepy about it and decided their go-to example was reliving old nights with with your high school sweetheart. Instead, we got deepfakes.

That’s just what I want for my perfect fantasy: me as a dumb gently caress teen who didn’t know how to sex and disappointing someone severely lmao

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

tangy yet delightful posted:

Yeah I'm not going to pay for no ads youtube to listen to my own music. Going local hosted now because of their lovely swap.

if ur on android look up and download newpipe

if ur on ios suffer with ur inferior technology

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

T-man posted:

if ur on android look up and download newpipe

if ur on ios suffer with ur inferior technology

That looks dope I'll check it out thanks.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

the sooner we bottle our poo poo species up under a kessler cloud the better

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

has anyone ever lived forever there?
He never sleeps, the Mouse. He is dancing, dancing. He says that he will never die.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Chard posted:

the sooner we bottle our poo poo species up under a kessler cloud the better

Stars are better off without us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/cabbagebrains/status/1331487888823914498?s=19