Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
A disgrace to the pea soup dinner tradition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

I forget if it was this thread or another, but a while back somebody posted a picture of some orange slices with ketchup on them. I tried it myself and it wasn’t bad

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
This is why you put your ice cream in a Big Gulp or something when you want some road ice cream.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

A waiter or waitress?

Booooo

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

avocado and preservatives in too much plastic

it actually doesn't have any preservatives in it, at least the one i get. they pasteurize it by subjecting it to extremely high pressure. it's cool.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Looks like it was a rocky road indeed.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

5 second rule

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If you eat the top bit quickly you can probably ingest most of the ice cream before it comes in contact with the floor.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Ziv Zulander posted:

I forget if it was this thread or another, but a while back somebody posted a picture of some orange slices with ketchup on them. I tried it myself and it wasn’t bad

YAY someone tried it! It's a good way to get your blood sugar up when you're snackish.

You can also put Tajin on the ketchup oranges but that's putting a hat on a hat. A delicious hat.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

but why

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Saw a similar birthday cake made like that, chocolate cake with hot fudge in the middle, then covered in fudge and peanut butter sauce so the mini kitkats and m&ms stick on.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I really don't get why people feel the need to ruin handmade cakes by gluing poo poo sweets to them.

Like a fruit pastille on your fairy cake, yes, but why just a bunch of poo poo chocolates?

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
I dont get the trend of making cakes so vertically tall that they're incredibly awkward to cut and serve, sometimes it makes me feel old, but then i realize all the people doing it are 45yo soccer moms and im conflicted

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

A lot of cakes aren't about being good for eating, they're about being good for having as a visual flair.

Hence the phrase about how it is hard to do both at the same time.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

SlothfulCobra posted:

A lot of cakes aren't about being good for eating, they're about being good for having as a visual flair.

Hence the phrase about how it is hard to do both at the same time.

I guess i'm not with the trends then because I like cake thats baked the same day you eat it, and isnt encased in an inedible shell of fondant and gumpaste. At the point some of these fancy cakes are baked like 3+ days before to give time for all the decoration I'd maybe just make a paper mache centerpiece.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I like fondant and it's particularly good for keeping cakes from going stale so it's a practical addition too. Can be improved by adding marzipan under which helps add a bit of flavour interest and offsets the texture.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Don't lie, no one actually likes to eat fondant. Marzipan is good though, yes.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I dunno, the cake i mentioned was really good. The cake and fudge were still pretty hot and it got the kitkats melty so it all kinda melted into your mouth.

Thick rich cake, fudge, chocolate, peanut butter and the crisp of the little wafers from the kit kats.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Manuel Calavera posted:

Don't lie, no one actually likes to eat fondant. Marzipan is good though, yes.

Fondant is inedible. Like Royal frosting.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Do people not like eating it? I mean yeah if you just eat balls of it it gets sickly but I like it on cakes? It's just icing sugar basically but with an odd texture, but that's just a good reason to not put too much of it on.

Royal icing is the crunchy stuff yeah? I like that too. Particularly makes a good accompaniment to fondant because you get the texture difference.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I appreciate the effort but I still want a plate

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

what

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

1. How did this end up on the drivers side?
2. How is the lid and the ice cream separated like that?
3. Why is the tub upri

That's an intentional waste of perfectly good ice cream.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I'd like to see you eat icecream while driving with the lid on.

Are you even legally allowed to eat while driving anymore?

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

If eating cheez-its while waiting in about 45 minutes of red lights is wrong then I don't wanna be right.

Fartington Butts has a new favorite as of 10:01 on Nov 25, 2020

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

OwlFancier posted:

Do people not like eating it? I mean yeah if you just eat balls of it it gets sickly but I like it on cakes? It's just icing sugar basically but with an odd texture, but that's just a good reason to not put too much of it on.

Royal icing is the crunchy stuff yeah? I like that too. Particularly makes a good accompaniment to fondant because you get the texture difference.
fondant is what you get if you try to make clay using caster sugar, and is about as tasty.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Fondant is delicious if you were one of those weird kids that liked eating play-doh because of the nifty texture.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/b8ZoroB.gifv

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
I used to decorate cakes and for some reason the smell of fondant and crisco-based "buttercream" frosting always made me nauseous

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I’m the paper plate.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

No big waste. Breyer's is pretty lovely ice cream.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

No big waste. Breyer's is pretty lovely ice cream frozen dairy dessert.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

I’m the paper plate.

I'm the grapes that will shoot out of the bottom the second anybody tries to cut into that.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

:mods:

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Fartington Butts posted:

I'm the grapes that will shoot out of the bottom the second anybody tries to cut into that.

The claymore of dessert breakfasts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

OwlFancier posted:

I like fondant and it's particularly good for keeping cakes from going stale so it's a practical addition too. Can be improved by adding marzipan under which helps add a bit of flavour interest and offsets the texture.

If I had to describe the taste and texture of fondant in one word I would say stale. I'm not sure how you think it preserves a cake except for keeping gaudy monstrosities from collapsing under their own weight.