Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I was initially annoyed about pulling Mona but I just found out she can run on water which alone justifies her entire existence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Squiddycat posted:

I was initially annoyed about pulling Mona but I just found out she can run on water which alone justifies her entire existence

Ayaka gonna ruin this girl's whole career when she comes out.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I was originally not a Paimon fan, but watching her just snark everyone and, particularly, Fischl has rocketed her to my favorite.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Mailer posted:

The only dialog I've actually enjoyed is Mona realizing Fischl is brokebrained

I laughed out loud at my conversation options there. "Fischl is full of... enthusiasm" and "Fischl is full of... mysteries". That was a pretty awesome selection by the localization team.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ashenai posted:

I laughed out loud at my conversation options there. "Fischl is full of... enthusiasm" and "Fischl is full of... mysteries". That was a pretty awesome selection by the localization team.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Not necessarily! There's a damage calculator here that you can poke around with.

Hi everyone, I'm sorry. I tried messing around with this and didn't think I was doing it right and stopped. I am too dumb to understand what I'm doing with that thing. If anyone wants more homework, put mine in and tell me what I should have their stats at by now. They're both lvl40 so I know I need to grind up more materials to lvl up and ascend them two more times at least but as for artifacts I'm trying to get Ningguang the full Archaic Petra set. Gotta get some more DPS so I don't immediately panic the second Razor dies and I have absolutely no one who can fight anymore.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Saxophone posted:

I was originally not a Paimon fan, but watching her just snark everyone and, particularly, Fischl has rocketed her to my favorite.

I enjoyed her attempts to rob Childe's brother a lot

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
Man, Ruin Hunter bounty fights are savage af. It does so much damage in flying mode, holy poo poo.

I do appreciate the fight's design, though, I like that having an archer and good aim is vital against them in a way it isn't in any other fight. You get one or maybe two shots before it goes full Macross, make it count!

Ashenai fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Nov 25, 2020

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Ashenai posted:

Man, Ruin Hunter bounty fights are savage af. It does so much damage in flying mode, holy poo poo.

I do appreciate the fight's design, though, I like that having an archer and good aim is vital against them in a way it isn't in any other fight. You get one or maybe two shots before it goes full Macross, make it count!

I honestly wish they'd go into flight mode more often, because they also deal a ton of damage in their other modes, especially that OHKO windup.

I just want to shoot them in the eye and have them fall over.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.
Classic Paimon attitude in multiple languages:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8afCYoTJJuc

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Squiddycat posted:

Mona hits like a truck via her burst and with a favonius codex can reliably spam her burst while getting around a 20-30% hydro damage bonus due to her talent that converts ER into hydro damage. There's a bunch of videos of high level Mona's just straight up one shotting bosses with a proper Bennet and dragon tales combo via her burst.

Before Tartaglia came out there was hands down no one that could compete with her when it came to burst damage. And even then she still beats him out in some ways since she doesn't require setting up to maximize damage. Meaning she can combo into buffs from other characters much more easily.

Her elemental skill is also extremely useful. It taunts anything and does an AOE. And since it periodically hits with an AOE every cast of it generates for her burst on it's own. The only other character you're likely to have that does that is Amber who...Is not good, really.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Nov 25, 2020

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Some Numbers posted:

I honestly wish they'd go into flight mode more often, because they also deal a ton of damage in their other modes, especially that OHKO windup.

Yeah meleeing them is nervewracking too, but you can mostly dodge their poo poo in melee, they telegraph their moves plenty. When they fly, jesus christ the red circles are everywhere.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Some Numbers posted:

you can force them into flight mode with venti's held skill or by hopping on one of geo traveler's boulders

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Ashenai posted:

Yeah meleeing them is nervewracking too, but you can mostly dodge their poo poo in melee, they telegraph their moves plenty. When they fly, jesus christ the red circles are everywhere.

Right, but their eye becomes a weak point in flight mode. Bullseye it with an archer and they drop out of the sky, stunned. You only need one hit, too, not like the two hits ruin guards take, and there's no on again/off again stagger resist on the eye, either.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

YES bread posted:

you can force them into flight mode with venti's held skill or by hopping on one of geo traveler's boulders

Good to know!

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
One of my commissions today is helping the pirate-playing girl who's sad that her friends started being flaky all the time to hang out. Lol, one of the responses is "welcome to the grown-up world, kiddo"

How anyone cannot enjoy the writing in this game is beyond me

Caffeinated Jerkoff
Jul 13, 2014

RareAcumen posted:

Hi everyone, I'm sorry. I tried messing around with this and didn't think I was doing it right and stopped. I am too dumb to understand what I'm doing with that thing. If anyone wants more homework, put mine in and tell me what I should have their stats at by now. They're both lvl40 so I know I need to grind up more materials to lvl up and ascend them two more times at least but as for artifacts I'm trying to get Ningguang the full Archaic Petra set. Gotta get some more DPS so I don't immediately panic the second Razor dies and I have absolutely no one who can fight anymore.

You don't really need to worry about balancing their stats yet. Are their weapons leveled and ascended, and artifacts leveled? Even if the artifacts they're using aren't the set you want them to use, just having %ATK main stats on all of your artifacts works perfectly well up until AR40+ domains. This is maybe a bit obvious, but they're also not going to be doing good damage until they're within 10 levels of the enemies you're trying to kill with them.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

RareAcumen posted:

As someone else pointed out, the numbers don't matter until AR40. Just make sure that your DPS carry is maxed out for your current AR (levels, talents and weapons) and has all ATK % artifacts. Supports are less critical to have maxed out, but getting them to the talent breakpoints (one star and four star) is a good place to start. Stacking ATK % on their artifacts except for someone like Sucrose (stack EM) and Diona/Barbara (stack HP)

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lechtansi posted:

As someone else pointed out, the numbers don't matter until AR40. Just make sure that your DPS carry is maxed out for your current AR (levels, talents and weapons) and has all ATK % artifacts. Supports are less critical to have maxed out, but getting them to the talent breakpoints (one star and four star) is a good place to start. Stacking ATK % on their artifacts except for someone like Sucrose (stack EM) and Diona/Barbara (stack HP)

And on the DPS's goblet go for the appropriate DMG% over ATK% if possible. Usually their element, but in the case of Razor, Xiangling with a Crescent Pike, etc, it'd be physical DMG% instead. This one isn't as situational as crit vs ATK on the circlet; unless you have absolutely stacked DMG% in multiple other sources, it'll beat out ATK% as a goblet main stat. (But ATK% there is still good if you have no alternative.)

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

:siren: Account stealing exploit, link game to your phone number :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb5ocMdtVQw

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Is there any evidence there's actually an exploit? That dude is just repeating the same uninformed speculation thats all over reddit and discord but there's no proof that its actually people hacking you in coop. Just reminds me of any time people get hacked for doing something risky (and the genshin website notably has a bad session hijacking exploit that can make all kinds of things risky), they immediately latch on to whatever explanation that absolves them of responsibility when its usually way more likely they just had a bad password and someone brute forced them

if its actually something about uids which I find really unlikely, then make sure you delete all your screenshots off of twitter or whatever, also

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
No, there's no evidence of an exploit beyond the fact that somehow they're unlinking emails without a confirmation.

That's the only issue we know for sure is happening.

There are tons of bullshit theories about accounts being stolen from co-op but with not even a single shred of evidence.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Eh, still probably a good idea to link phone numbers and stuff just in case. A goon came into discord yesterday with their account stolen too. No email warnings etc

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Basic things like linking phone number absolutely. There's no harm and it could only help.

Silly things like "don't co-op or they'll steal your account" less so :)

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

yeah fair, tbh i just skimmed the video and got tl;dr link phone lol

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Mistikman on the discord got their account hacked and their email unlinked. I'm going to err on the side of caution especially since primogems don't grow on trees and accumulating my current inventory took a lot of time and effort.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Is it possible they could be stealing accounts by asking for account recoveries using information they gained from co-op? I.e. they see you have a Diluc and a Venti or something and they make a note of what weapon they're using and use that plus your UID as identifying information to make an account recovery claim.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Given the actual security model of the Genshin Impact account, linking your email and/or phone does not add a layer of protection. It might add a layer of authenticity when you contact them about your account being hijacked, but MFA has not been enabled in anyway. Just use a long, randomly generated password.

Anyway, I don't believe this, at least until I hear from official channels. There has been false rumors in this community before, and this sounds like another one.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Caffeinated Jerkoff posted:

You don't really need to worry about balancing their stats yet. Are their weapons leveled and ascended, and artifacts leveled? Even if the artifacts they're using aren't the set you want them to use, just having %ATK main stats on all of your artifacts works perfectly well up until AR40+ domains. This is maybe a bit obvious, but they're also not going to be doing good damage until they're within 10 levels of the enemies you're trying to kill with them.

Lechtansi posted:

I'm at AR37 right now so I thought I should work on trying to get myself prepared in advance rather than scrambling later on once I'm at 40. I'm trying to bring a few people up to speed since having Razor as my only at-par DPS is really biting me in the rear end at every point so far.

Xun posted:

:siren: Account stealing exploit, link game to your phone number :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb5ocMdtVQw

oh no,I'm doomed! I play on PS4 so I can't link my account!

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Nov 25, 2020

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I thought that was actually going to be video proof, not monotonic droning over gameplay that would be better served as a text post. More fool me.

Caffeinated Jerkoff
Jul 13, 2014

RareAcumen posted:

I'm at AR37 right now so I thought I should work on trying to get myself prepared in advance rather than scrambling later on once I'm at 40. I'm trying to bring a few people up to speed since having Razor as my only at-par DPS is really biting me in the rear end at every point so far.

You're going to end up completely re-building your artifact loadouts with 5* artifacts after AR40 anyways because 5* artifacts don't drop in non-boss domains before then. Definitely still raise a second DPS because at least two are required for Abyss, but don't worry too much about grinding good artifacts until AR40.

Also worth noting that 5* artifact drops aren't guaranteed in domains until AR45. I farmed my main DPS' artifacts at AR40, and those runs where the drops were all purple and blue were pretty discouraging.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Bruceski posted:

I thought that was actually going to be video proof, not monotonic droning over gameplay that would be better served as a text post. More fool me.

This is the 2020 internet. 95% of youtube videos that exist would be better off as text posts.

The only mechanism I've seen floated for how this works is by the attacker adding their own phone number to your account, and then using that for password recovery. Adding a phone number asks for a 6-digit code sent to your email; it's unclear how they're supposed to be getting around this.

Since that video creator... declined to link the reddit thread he was talking about, it's here:
https://old.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/jwinkq/account_stolen_after_coop_player_threatened_to/

If you want to read the original, now deleted post:
https://snew.notabug.io/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/jwinkq/account_stolen_after_coop_player_threatened_to/

And the twitter thread he retweeted of the otheruser who lost their account, for what that's worth:
https://twitter.com/bloody_hangover/status/1329826924819075074

Posted so you can make your own minds up.

So far I haven't heard any reports of anyone with a phone number already linked losing their account.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Adding a phone number asks for a 6-digit code sent to your email; it's unclear how they're supposed to be getting around this.

From what I was told it's not rate limited so you can just brute force it.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Archonex posted:

Mona hits like a truck via her burst and with a favonius codex can reliably spam her burst while getting around a 20-30% hydro damage bonus due to her talent that converts ER into hydro damage. There's a bunch of videos of high level Mona's just straight up one shotting bosses with a proper Bennet and dragon tales combo via her burst.

Before Tartaglia came out there was hands down no one that could compete with her when it came to burst damage. And even then she still beats him out in some ways since she doesn't require setting up to maximize damage. Meaning she can combo into buffs from other characters much more easily.

Her elemental skill is also extremely useful. It taunts anything and does an AOE. And since it periodically hits with an AOE every cast of it generates for her burst on it's own. The only other character you're likely to have that does that is Amber who...Is not good, really.

This is... not accurate. Especially not the "she doesn't require setting up to maximize damage" part, which is the exact opposite of the truth.

Mona's burst is a single hit with a base 442% ATK multiplier. On its own this is quite unimpressive, especially for a 5*. It also has a "increases incoming damage taken" debuff on enemies hit by it, but this debuff doesn't apply to its own damage so it doesn't matter (and this damage increase stacks additively with other +DMG% buffs like the elemental damage on your goblet for example so it's way less impressive than it sounds). For comparison, the total multiplier on Xiangling's ult if you get all the hits is well over 1000%, and let's not even talk about Xingqiu's burst. If I just press the button with no preparation my Mona (level 75 with mostly +16 artifacts and a few +20 scattered in, like 1600 ATK IIRC, burst at talent level 7) does a single hit for 10k damage. That's absolutely nothing, it's like one Xiangling autoattack cycle.

The only way you can get Mona's burst to do actually good damage is by abusing damage multiplier stacking and specifically by using vaporize. The total damage multiplier is poo poo but I'm pretty sure it's the biggest single hit hydro attack currently in the game, and since vaporize multiplies the damage of the triggering attack and stacks multiplicatively with everything else, you can get a single very big number by stacking vaporize (with lots of EM) + crit + some regular damage multipliers.

Setting this up though is quite fiddly. To get the vaporize proc we want we need to apply hydro to an enemy afflicted by pyro, which sounds easy enough, but Mona's burst has finicky mechanics that makes it harder. It doesn't apply damage immediately, but rather it applies a debuff that triggers the hydro damage either when the enemy takes damage from some other source, or otherwise after a timeout. This debuff applies hydro but does no damage, so if you just use Mona's burst on an enemy with pyro on them you'll get a zero damage vaporize proc. So in order to get the big number, first you need to apply pyro to the enemy, then use Mona's burst, causing a zero damage vaporize proc, then wait for 1-2 seconds for the vaporize reaction cooldown to expire, and then finally use a pyro attack again - this will first apply pyro, then Mona's damage, proccing a vaporize again. If the enemy takes damage from any source before you can do the second pyro attack (e.g. from standing on burning grass or whatever) then welp you lost your opportunity and the ult will only do its regular damage. Oh, and you need it to crit too to get the youtube montage numbers. Many of the biggest numbers you'll see on youtube are with "reset comps" - high crit damage but low crit chance and just reset the fight until you get the crit you want.

Building ER on Mona is not that good by the way, her ult is quite cheap on energy and has a 15 second cooldown so charging it isn't much of a problem even with a modest amount of ER. I have Favonius Codex on her because I haven't bothered leveling any other weapon but that alone is already too much energy recharge - the ult recharges faster than I can use it in many situations and it would be better to just build more damage instead.

Squiddycat posted:

It's very useful for exploration but it's a rather significant weakness in combat. First off she will always dash the direction you're facing when you hit shift, so you need to turn first and then dash if you want to go somewhere specific. More importantly though you can't double-dash or animation cancel out of the (rather long) recovery animation, nor dash cancel out of knockbacks, so she's extremely susceptible to stunlocks and large radius AoE's in general. Oh, and while in the animation she gets stuck on the tiniest ledges.

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Nov 25, 2020

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Did they change what time dailies reset?

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

moush posted:

Did they change what time dailies reset?

For me it changed from 5 AM to 4 AM, due to daylights saving expiring. Or starting. I have no loving clue how daylights savings actually works. God help you if you live in Indiana.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Ayaka gonna ruin this girl's whole career when she comes out.

A melee character with Mona's dash mechanic sounds like a pain in the rear end, honestly. It looks cool but it is not good.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

inthesto posted:

For me it changed from 5 AM to 4 AM, due to daylights saving expiring. Or starting. I have no loving clue how daylights savings actually works. God help you if you live in Indiana.

All of Indiana has done DST since 2006, but people for some reason still think they don't.

Bolded comment still applies, because Indiana.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Finally got my eighth solid 5* to +20, so I can enjoy one Debate Club and start improving all my solid 5*s to +4 etc.

EDIT: It was Skyrider Sword

Sanya Juutilainen fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Nov 25, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Yeah Mona's dash is great for gotta go fast when exploring but the handling is extremely wonky in combat