Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Around 40 turns I think for a standard board - but that one seems to have a couple more snakes than usual so I'm guessing longer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
My fur cup Christmas cards arrived. They were wrapped in a print of Boris as king Arthur trying to pull the sword from his foot, with Priti Patel as Guinevere and Dominic Cummins climbing over a cliff as Merlin.

Is that a newspaper cartoon anyone remembers? Or is it just some custom for the season?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

goatface posted:

My fur cup Christmas cards arrived. They were wrapped in a print of Boris as king Arthur trying to pull the sword from his foot, with Priti Patel as Guinevere and Dominic Cummins climbing over a cliff as Merlin.

Is that a newspaper cartoon anyone remembers? Or is it just some custom for the season?

Ooh, nice! If it's not one from the Guardian, it might have been one Rowson did for Kevin Maguire's column in the Mirror. Or, like you said, it could be a custom piece just for customers.

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Boris Johnson's winter Covid plan – The prime minister has set out a stricter three-tier system of Covid restrictions for England to run until spring and said he is working with the devolved administrations on a plan for Christmas"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... festive lockdown relief

David Squires:

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Has Matt just reused an old cartoon? You’d think if he’d made even his usual poo poo effort it would have the torturer wearing a face mask or something. Absolutely nothing to do with the tag line at all.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Donald Trump's happy Thanksgiving — His attempt to reverse electoral defeat having proved a turkey, on Tuesday afternoon at the White House, Donald Trump will pardon one"

Telegraph:

Sunak offers jam today in spending review as Covid deficit spreads

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

The Great British Bake Off final review – flawed gems worth celebrating

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Joe Biden's transition

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Rishi Sunak cutting the UK's overseas aid budget – The chancellor’s planned reduction in foreign aid follows criticism of how the government handed out Covid contracts"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Diego Maradona, one of the greatest footballers of all time, dies aged 60

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... the cost of Covid-19

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the royal family and coronavirus restrictions – The Berkshire town, which is only a few miles from Windsor Castle, will be in the most severe category from next week"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... the lockdown guessing game

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
I am going to write a strongly worded letter of complain to the Daily Mail about them depicting an item of devil worship in a supposedly respectable newspaper in a Christian nation :mad:

lol I think I really will

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
There's a man of the cloth there taking instructions from a mystic too, Paul Thomas dragging the Church into disrepute.

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

Lol on his mug it says 'I <3 the occult'

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on England's new tier restrictions – The majority of England will enter the two toughest tiers of Covid restrictions on 2 December amid growing anger in parliament"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

How Trump is destroying the presidential transition process; After Raphaelle Peale.

The i paper:

Times:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Covid marshals during the Tier system

'This is a great spot to watch the Covid marshals protecting our shoreline'

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"And for the grim reaper's next trick… - Britain faces a no-deal Brexit as the coronavirus continues to take its toll"

Sunday Telegraph:

Sunday Times:

Covid rules: What's the evidence for pub restrictions and curfews?; After Monty Python.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Boris Johnson's Covid strategy — Boris Johnson wrote to Tory MPs on Saturday in an attempt to head off a potential rebellion, saying new regulations will end on 3 February, be reviewed every fortnight until then, and will only continue with MPs’ approval"

Telegraph:

Darth Vader actor Dave Prowse dies aged 85

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the potential collapse of Philip Green's Arcadia – Mike Ashley’s Frasers Group has offered emergency funding to Sir Philip Green’s Arcadia Group and indicated its interest in buying the business if it falls into administration"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Scotch egg to the rescue: minister says it can be 'substantial meal'

Independent:

EU will not fall into Brexit 'negotiating trap', UK told

Times:

Evening Standard:

Johnson suffers biggest Commons revolt as MPs back tougher Covid tiers

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... the plight of our pubs

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Boris Johnson facing potential revolt over his Covid tier plan – Boris Johnson faces a potentially significant Commons revolt over his new system of coronavirus tiers after lockdown ends, with a series of Tory MPs pledging to vote against measures they said were not justified and lacked public support"

Telegraph:

Matt:

UK approves Pfizer/BioNTech Covid vaccine for rollout next week

Independent:

After Ray Charles.

Times:

Scotch egg is definitely a substantial meal, says Michael Gove

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... tier rules for pubs

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What a poo poo monopoly board.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Boris Johnson managing expectations around the Covid vaccine – The prime minister has warned people not to ‘get their hopes up’ about a very rapid rollout of a newly approved coronavirus vaccine across large parts of the population, urging the public to observe restrictions in the interim"

Telegraph:

No 10 and regulator contradict Hancock's 'because of Brexit' Covid vaccine claim

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... the Queen's lonely Christmas

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Gavin Williamson calling the UK a 'much better country' — Gavin Williamson has claimed the UK was the first country in the world to clinically approve a coronavirus vaccine because the country has ‘much better’ scientists than France, Belgium or the US"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Brexit talks falter as UK claims EU is hardening negotiating stance

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... easier exams

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the prospects for an EU trade deal — Brexit negotiations took a sudden step backwards on Thursday afternoon, Downing Street said, after furious French lobbying pushed the EU to make late demands"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

After Magritte.

The i paper:

Times:

'Thundersnow' hits Edinburgh as residents report loud explosions

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Beware the Brexit ogre – So much for an ‘oven-ready’ withdrawal agreement…" (Brexit: France hints at compromise with UK over divergence from EU standards)

Sunday Telegraph:

Sunday Times:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
i briefly thought the gingerbread man cutter was a cross and was trying to think what its significance was :iiam:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Santa in his grotto sitting next to an entirely undecorated tree, just as you would expect.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Trump's repeated false election claims — Donald Trump again alleges fraud at his Georgia rally amid Republican fears that he’ll damage their chances in the Senate runoffs"

Telegraph:

Last-minute Brexit deal vital for UK economy, government told

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

Michel Barnier says Brexit talks will not go beyond Wednesday

Telegraph:

Covid vaccine: UK woman becomes first in world to receive Pfizer jab

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

France far from isolated in tough Brexit stance

Evening Standard:

'Showdown in Brussels': PM hanging on for Brexit deal, papers say

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... the faltering Brexit talks

David Squires:

Also! It's time for the :ducksiren: ELLWOOD ATFIELD POLITICAL CARTOON OF THE YEAR!!! :ducksiren:
Click on this link, look at the cartoons chosen (including lots not posted in this thread, and Bob pre-empively told to gently caress off :hehe:) and vote for your fave!

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Cloud Potato posted:

Also! It's time for the :ducksiren: ELLWOOD ATFIELD POLITICAL CARTOON OF THE YEAR!!! :ducksiren:
Click on this link, look at the cartoons chosen (including lots not posted in this thread, and Bob pre-empively told to gently caress off :hehe:) and vote for your fave!

Every year I get the feeling that I've seen better cartoons than this bunch from some of the people here, maybe cartoonists have bad taste in their own cartoons and can't be trusted to pick their best one. Also the replies to that tweet show me that Bob does apparently have actual fans, which is bizarre.

Also bonus Stephen Collins: i've linked it just to be safe as it does contain a small cartoon dong

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
I did find this one mildly amusing though.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the prospects for a UK-EU trade deal — Boris Johnson has warned that securing a deal at an imminent Brexit summit in Brussels will be ‘very difficult’ but backed ‘the power of sweet reason to get this thing over the line’"

Telegraph:

Tory Prime Ministers past: Theresa May, David Cameron, John Major, Margaret Thatcher, Edward Heath, Alec Douglas-Home.

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Olympics branded a 'mockery' after inclusion of breakdancing for Paris Games

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... the Covid-19 vaccination rollout

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Boris Johnson's last-ditch Brexit dinner in Brussels – The PM has defended the UK’s negotiating stance as he flies to Brussels for make-or-break Brexit talks with Ursula von der Leyen" After George Du Maurier.

Telegraph:

I honestly have no idea.

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

SpaceX Starship SN8 explodes on landing after test flight

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... the EU's tentacles

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

Cloud Potato posted:

Telegraph:

I honestly have no idea.

Johnson going to Brussels to pull a rabbit out of the hat, but because of his own (in Bob's idiot opinion) foolish coronavirus rules the rabbit points out he must be at least 2m away, thwarting the ingenious magic trick. For Bob it's pretty good considering there's more than one theme and no completely unnecessary cleavage on a female leader (hi Paul)

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Boris Johnson's view of the Brexit deadline – The British PM has warned that securing a trade deal at an imminent Brexit summit in Brussels will be very difficult, but backed ‘the power of sweet reason to get this thing over the line’"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

'Be careful what you wish for': Boris Johnson warned over 'Australia-style' Brexit trade deal

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... the Brexit endgame

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the growing likelihood of a no-deal Brexit – Boris Johnson has said it is now ‘very likely’ that Britain will leave the EU without a deal"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Dame Barbara Windsor obituary

The i paper:

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Bob is weirdly obsessed with lockdown, isn't he. Like, much much more than the other cartoonists.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
How dare the government try to interfere with his libertarian right to do whatever he wants? Other people should take some responsibility and look after themselves without the nanny state etc. etc.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He probably reads Ayn Rand unironicly.

Well, maybe says he does but actually read some wiki pages once.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Boris Johnson, one year on – On the eve of Brexit, our prime minister reflects on his time at the helm"

Sunday Telegraph:

EU leaders stress unity as they welcome Brexit trade talks extension

Sunday Times:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Bob has completely lost his mind, hasn't he.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Bob has completely lost his mind, hasn't he.

It does feel like it. Even on twitter he's just constantly ranting about being cancelled and not invited to awards because of his stance on COVID. And the guy's only 34 - I'd always assumed he was at least in his 60s.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Red Oktober posted:

It does feel like it. Even on twitter he's just constantly ranting about being cancelled and not invited to awards because of his stance on COVID. And the guy's only 34 - I'd always assumed he was at least in his 60s.

Bob has been possessed with the ghost of Mac as soon as Mac retired. Swear he was just a run of the mill poo poo Tory until that

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

forkboy84 posted:

Bob has been possessed with the ghost of Mac as soon as Mac retired. Swear he was just a run of the mill poo poo Tory until that

he actually started at the graun lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Merc work is universal.